Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Fitness What up with all the overweight men
TOPIC: What up with all the overweight men
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 234   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I meant 208, not 211. I think 211 was his highest weight ever.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
Good to note on both parts, thanks:) And you're right, I like the pace we're going. He's gone from a high of 211 a year ago, to about 195, and I've gone from 189 to 167.5-168 (I go up and down a couple pounds each month). And we wish we would've measured ourselves at the beginning, but we didn't think we'd stick it out a month, much less 9. Ha.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
Gina, you are doing great. You dont want a fast weight drop. Almost all people who drop weight fast, includinv those that did so with surgical help, regain it all and more fairly fast.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
Congratulations on your transformation. No one is perfect with either diet or exercise, not even us more experienced people. Also u mentioned your hubby is changing body composition but not loosing weight as much as he might want. Guys who start working in strength training can put on muscle fairly quickly which offsets scale weight and can actually be discouraging. I wld suggest getting a set of bodyfat calipers and picking a spot to measure and track his progress that way. You dont actually have to do a bodyfat check, just pick a place you can duplicate the measurement easily each week.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
As for food intake, we are also making a LOT better choices there. Are we perfect at this? No, not at all. It's undoing 50 years of bad choices. It's changing a lifetime of bad habits. So, while we are mostly making better choices, we also slip back into non-healthy choices too. But the choices are ones we can live with all our lives. One day I wanted fries. So I cut out other carbs in other meals for that day. Just simple stuff we can live with, like less portion sizes. You guys know all this already. Maybe that's why I'm posting in here, to say "Thank you! I get it now!"

Mr. is losing about a pound a month. Slower than he'd like, but he's changing his body shape. Pants size is down from a tighter 38 to a looser 36, and he bought shorts size 34 the other day (the waistband has a bit of a give to it). I am down a solid jeans size, from a tight 16 to a 14 petite. That says more to us than the scale. So, when I need encouragement, I'll repost in here.

Thanks for your help and advice over the years. The best of it is that you have to find what works for you and stick with it.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
As soon as I get the pic to upload, I'll post one of Mr.Sexus. His body shape is changing. We've worked out together, consistently, since September, and are seeing results. I think it's great to do this together, and I am not sure what has kept us at it, but part of it IS feeling better (it has helped my knees immensely, as I started w/ doing stuff I learned at Physical Therapy). While our weight loss isn't drastic, but slow (I've lost 18.5 pounds), it has stayed off, and keeps decreasing by 2-3 pounds a month. This works for us. We do work-outs five evenings a week. 3 days are about 30 minutes, and 2 days about 40-45 minutes. We increase reps and intensity, and try to work a bit beyond what we think we're capable of.

At any rate, I've always found Mr sexy, but MAN! Arms and back and chest are a huge attraction for me, and now I am finding him hotter and hotter. He gets embarrassed when I comment. Rolls his eyes. I told him last night a comment someone made about a back pic of him, and he rolled his eyes and I said, "How do you feel when I do that when you compliment me?" and he laughed and said, "yeah, I know."

We'll try to get pics up more of our "progress," but we are doing this for US, to feel better. The perk is looking better too.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
I think people work out and stay fit for a combination of reasons. Health is an obvious one, feeling better in general is another, looking better is also a major factor to most, if not all of us who work out. But I think love and respect for your partner is another major factor for those in a serious relationship. I mean it's obviously a big plus for your partner if you are in really good shape and look great, I mean who doesn't want a hot, fit partner? But also the health benefits can be a huge bonus for your partner, as well as yourself! If you are fit and healthy, not only are you able to do more without being totally wiped out, which makes you more fun to be around, but you also susceptible to FAR fewer heath issues that are very prevalent in people who are out of shape and overweight! Some of the major ones are type 2 diabetes, a diseases that can have very far reaching negatives consequences! Serious joint pain is a common problem in overweight people, this often times eventually leads to joint replacement surgery. These health problems not only have a major negative affect on your life, but also a huge negative affect on your partners life as well!

Hudson OH
Username hidden
(89 posts)
Same to ya but more of it.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
BBW, we each like different body sizes. Like it or look elsewhere.

Sapello NM
Username hidden
(31 posts)
Actually it's more like 28 years ;).

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17243 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 234   End
TOPIC: What up with all the overweight men