Back
outdoorsWNC    Posts: 258
Last 100 Displayed

WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-13-2013 11:18 AM
Guns don't kill people, toddlers do.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-13-2013 11:18 AM
In 5 months, toddlers have killed more Americans than terrorists have.
Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-12-2013 07:31 AM
These finals are reminiscent of the 2005 Finals: G1 - San Antonio 84, Detroit 69 G2 - SA 97, Det 76 G3 - Det 96, SA 79 G4 - Det 102, SA 71 G5 - SA 96, Det 95 in overtime -- the Robert Horry game G6 - Det 95, SA 86 G7 - SA 81, Det 74 -- much closer than that, though Horry hit 5 of 6 from the arc and brought the Spurs back from way down. Last night, a couple of the Spurs shot like that, but so what? Just piling on, as it turns out.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-12-2013 07:23 AM
I thought free members could not initiate chat.
Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-11-2013 09:41 AM
Soooo glad the next 3 games are in San Antonio. The Miami PA announcer has got to be the most obnoxious voice on the planet. Also hope to see that Ginobili does not really have Parkinson's. He was just a total spazz in game 2.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-10-2013 19:44 PM
Ah, so that's it. 35 posts and none that I can see.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-10-2013 09:58 AM
That's good. Of the 4, Magic was the best passer, Bird the strongest rebounder, Jordan the superior scorer. LeBron is #2 in all three categories. Players as good as these can always contribute plenty, even when their shot isn't falling. Jordan and LeBron are among the best defensive players of their eras, while Bird and Magic were matadors on that end.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-10-2013 09:21 AM
Drawing triple coverage and passing to the open shooter is a good offensive contribution. Think of him not as Jordan so much, but as Magic with all-league defense.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-10-2013 09:03 AM
To do your part to get the 2nd Amendment overturned, acquire the most dangerous guns you can, as many as you can, and talk like a crazed government-hating gun worshiper. The more people who do this, the more the rest of the country will fear the 2nd A.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-09-2013 11:32 AM
Al Quaeda has also kept some imaginary evils at bay.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-09-2013 08:01 AM
Hey. If we disregard those few words in the 2nd Amendment, does that create a slippery slope whereby future interpretations may disregard other parts? Does "prefatory" mean it's like fat over the meat, that just needs to be cut out and thrown away?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 17:42 PM
Without following your team around the country, you can still watch 40 games that are at home. No such thing as 2 to 4 weeks between home games. If your team makes the playoffs, you get another 2 to 12 games at home. Only rich maniacs would travel with the team.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 17:40 PM
I don't watch baseball. Unless I'm drinking beer and trying to avoid going outside in hot weather.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 17:39 PM
"Officials are dicks and get overzealous with their authority on the field and occasionally try to make themselves part of the game, if not bigger than the game. This is especially true in baseball and basketball .." You think that's part of their job description? Do they get promotions based on being dicks? Actually, it's a flaw that prevents them from achieving the highest level of work assignments. What I understand is that NBA refs are diligently graded, based on their performance. It's a black eye on the league whenever a game is decided by a bad call or non-call. Bad calls go on the ref's record. My biggest beef might be the opposite of what you've stated: At the end of a close game, they're apt to 'swallow the whistle' and not call a foul or infraction that they'd call any other time. The alleged reason: they do NOT want to insert themselves into the game in a crucial moment. Play on! A well-officiated game is one in which you don't even notice the officials.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 16:03 PM
" I went to an Eagles game in San Diego a few years ago and there were easily 15k Eagles fans in the joint. Go to an NBA game and you might see a dozen fans of the visiting team. " Of course a football stadium holds a lot more people than a basketball arena. Like 80 to 100 thou, vs 15 to 20 ? There just aren't tickets available to visiting teams' fans. NBA playoff tickets are hard to come by.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 15:56 PM
" Sure the guys playing are athletes, but for 100+ million a year plus endorsements, can't anyone be?" Uh, no, that's backwards. The best players get the most money. Paying more doesn't make anyone better. NBA team salaries don't total 100 mill. "Now you're telling me that the referees, those impartial bastions of good and justness, are "influenced" by a crowd of fans?" They're human. It's a tradition dating back to the days that an empty bottle might fly at you if you don't give the home crowd what they want. We've become a more civilized society since then. "So no only is your team reliant on having a "home court" advantage to be successful at winning against the same opponent multiple times, they also require the added benefit of shady judging depending on where they happen to be playing? " Nothing of the sort. Home court is worth about 3 points in the regular season, less in playoffs. It improves the odds of winning by 10 to 20%, depending on the team. Players block more shots at home and foul more on the road. Why is that? I guess refs call one or the other occasionally, depending on the venue.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 11:21 AM
Why not just watch reruns of your favorite football team? Seriously, the home court advantage is less at the Finals, because the best refs tend to work the games. Refs are influenced by fans, and the better ones are influenced less (or not at all). It's quite illogical to think the better team will win every game, in any sport. The game is timed, and the winner is whoever is ahead at the time; the better team is more likely to win a game. You may guess at the odds.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 09:33 AM
If the alleged "best team" loses 4 of 5 games, they could blame it on losing all 3 on the road while losing 1 of 2 at home ... I guess. The 22111 format involves up to 4 changes of venue. The current 232 involves 2 at most. That's a lot of people -- teams, staff, media, fans -- doing a lot more flying. Not so good for the environment. Some years ago, I did the math. As I recall, the 232 format makes it more likely that a series will go beyond 5 games.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 08:26 AM
How is the format going to change the odds? Either way, the Heat now have to win 4 of the next 6, and 3 are at home.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-05-2013 10:17 AM
Oh, I don't know. I've been in situations before where I didn't want anyone to think I was gay. In some crowds, being unclear about whether you are straight is like an invitation to think you may be gay, or bi. That's not an insult or demeaning to anyone; it's just your preference.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-04-2013 15:29 PM
Haha, thanks, that's great. LeBron stretched me out, no homo! I was sucked in to the greater context -- no homo!! So it doesn't actually seem to be a "gay slur" at all. It just means "I'm not gay" ? But with the disallowed word "homo"?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-04-2013 08:04 AM
Perks, you just don't understand. When guns are your religion, faith is all that matters.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-03-2013 11:59 AM
In a billabong?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       06-03-2013 11:35 AM
" You'll end up with 80% no shows and 80% that can't perform " So just post a hot date and find 100 guys who say they are interested. Only about 20 will show up; and of these, only 4 will be functional. That is going by the 80/20 rule of thumb quoted. Next time, don't invite the 80 no-shows.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-03-2013 10:45 AM
Pacers' franchise center Roy Hibbert called NBA reporters "motherfuckers" after the game 6 win over Miami. Fined $75,000 -- about a day's pay -- by the NBA. huffingtonpost.co m/2013/06/02/roy-hibbert-press-conference-curse-gay-slur_n_3373455.html The 'gay slur' was in another interview. He replied to a question about his tough defense on LeBron: "No homo". Apparently this means no mild mannered, limp wrist stuff. Bring that shit in here, be ready for rejection.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-03-2013 09:13 AM
On the Cape York Peninsula, in the far north of Queensland, crocodiles live side-by-side with box jellyfish, the world's most venomous creatures. Venom biologist Dr Jamie Seymour takes samples of jellyfish tentacles for pharmaceutical research but only spends 20 minutes in one place, because crocs usually attack after 25. bbc.c o.uk/news/magazine-22713899
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-02-2013 07:48 AM
I've never seen an interracial couple depicted in a TV ad. And I have been on the lookout for many years. We are constantly seeing the mixed race buddies watching a game, or going out to the bar, or on a camping trip. In fact, that's a rare sight in real life; while mixed race couples are extremely common, on the street. But there seems to be a taboo about black/white couples in ads. One car ad seems to show "mixing" in the front/back seats, but they make it hard to be sure; and you don't know if that makes them 'couples'.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       05-29-2013 12:19 PM
kabelopeftophobia -- the fear of falling hats
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-28-2013 15:02 PM
I did almost the same thing a couple of days ago. Posting to a research site (nothing to do with sex) and apparently a cut-n-paste from SLS was still on my clipboard. Fortunately I checked my message before I sent it. One of those before-sufficient-coffee phenomena.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-28-2013 04:21 AM
When they're small, and tender, they're called burritos.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-24-2013 13:41 PM
Memphis was just above average age in the NBA, 27.0 yrs on avg, for players on the court. Spurs were 7th oldest, at 28.6 But Pop is the master at spreading the minutes. He doesn't wear his guys out during the season, even if it means losing a couple more games. Kawhi Leonard (age 21) leads SA in minutes. Danny Green (25) is 4th. And they go about 11 deep -- a good backup at every position. Memphis is deep, but not so much. Talent falls sharply after 7th or 8th man. Consider that in game 1, both Duncan and Ginobili were off, and the Spurs still won by 20-some.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 16:45 PM
I second peghey's cast iron suggestion. Don't ever use soap in it, don't ever cook it dry, scrub it with some salt and a paper towel. Cast iron takes a while to heat up, of course, and to cool down. I turn the burner on under the pan first, then start washing and cutting vegetables. And turn the burner off before things are actually done.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 12:16 PM
Almost nothing bothers hot peppers in the garden ; neither the fruits nor the plants. Mealworms will infest dried cayennes, however.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 11:29 AM
PG, black pepper is unrelated. It's just a tongue irritant that some people find preferable to bland food. Appreciating hot peppers (vegetables) allows you to ingest the fruit of the gods. It makes your tummy warm, clears sinuses, makes you feel alive.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 11:23 AM
Poblanos are fat fuckers, and they have some heat. There are these bloated jalapeno lookalikes that you could just eat like a carrot. I was never able to eat a jalapeno straight, until a few years ago. And now it's like Russian roulette, because you may get a hot one. Even from the same plant.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 11:08 AM
I know for a fact there are now what I call "fake jalapenos". They are shaped like them, tend to be very large, and have no heat whatsoever. They are actually more prolific and early than bell peppers, so I use them the same way. Since I make my own salsa, and preserve it for year round use, I always have 3 or 4 varieties of hot peppers in the garden: serrano is reliable, chilis and cayennes are usually pretty hot; and a big hot productive and early one called Garden Salsa. It's shaped like the harmless banana pepper, but it's raging. All peppers, I believe, were once hot. Breeding has created not-hot varieties, and now it's happened to the most traditional hot pepper, the jalapeno.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 10:44 AM
How recently was that? I know all peppers will tend to be hotter when they don't get too much water. But I have grown hot jalapenos in the east; just not recently. And why is there so much variation among individual peppers? Reason I ask is that I just got a hot one, after going thru a bag of about 20.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-23-2013 10:43 AM
Why and when did they breed the heat out of jalapenos? It used to be, if you ate a jalapeno, you knew it. Nowadays, about 8 of 10 have little to no heat. This is true whether you get them at the supermarket, the Mexican grocery, the farmers' market, or you grow them yourself.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-22-2013 15:32 PM
Bad karma: Tony Allen pretending to have landed on his head.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-22-2013 14:05 PM
NBA playoffs are getting to the best part.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-21-2013 13:33 PM
The bird feeder is on a 2nd story balcony. We do call it the squirrel feeder. There was a rustling in the woods out back. I doubt he caught a squirrel, since they're pretty quick.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-21-2013 13:27 PM
A bobcat just walked out of the woods behind our house and headed straight to the bird feeder. JW: Does he know that squirrels are frequently around bird feeders?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-21-2013 12:03 PM
I did find a seemingly unbiased estimate of 50,000 uses of firearms in self defense in a year. This includes "unsuccessful" use of guns, off-duty police actions, and who knows what else. Presumably also your drunks around a bonfire, knuckleheads in traffic, etc.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-21-2013 11:58 AM
"Even if you only accept the number from one of your own it still sits at 100k a year. Given that, how many thwarted rapes, robberies, car jacking’s etc are equal to one murder with a gun. That is open to debate." One of your own what? You really accept numbers based on who is giving them to you? I'd think the bigger debate is whether the unsuccessful uses of guns in self defense offset the successful ones. It's many times more likely your gun will be stolen before you can use it, cause you to be killed in the crime, or even have your own gun used against you. I acknowledge this a very general and averaged "you". If you're Dirty Harry, you'll stop crimes right and left, and the bad guy will never get the drop on you. Most are not Dirty Harry, though. In fact, no one is. The perp always has the upper hand.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-20-2013 19:12 PM
"... suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate." OK, which is the accurate figure ? The NRA tells you the number is ten times this much. Does that mean any particular figure is certainly uninflated? You can try to understand, or you can insist on misunderstanding. Your call.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-20-2013 15:16 PM
"If every instance were two drunks waving guns at one another then the study would be worthless but it's not and you know it. Even if you accept the 100K number then legal defensive use outnumbers illegal use. At least try for a sliver of intellectual honesty. " Um, yeah. Well, I mentioned one possible bogus definition of "self defense", which is not the same as saying every one of the instances was one of these. There are probably many different forms of these fabricated claims. What fraction of the inflated number is acceptable to you? I personally doubt that there are 10,000 instances per year of an imminent crime being prevented by the brandishing of a gun. You surely realize there are organizations who create these inflated numbers, and that's basically doing their job, as they see it. One cooked number, or one lie, should tell you all you need to know about these domestic terrorists-for-profit.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-17-2013 12:03 PM
Yeah, if you consider those to be instances of "self defense", your study doesn't mean anything.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-17-2013 11:32 AM
"... between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate." That likely includes 2 drunk yahoos pulling their guns and neither one firing.
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       05-17-2013 07:57 AM
My kids once pointed out a cow pie that was shaped like a Hershey's kiss. I explained it was from a chocolate milk cow.
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       05-17-2013 07:56 AM
Peg, you're having crack with tea and honey? For breakfast?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-17-2013 07:51 AM
So, if you have 10 guns in your house, and your house has not been invaded lately, that counts as 10 crimes 'prevented' with a gun? I always wondered about those millions of so-called "crimes prevented". I've pictured 2 thugs in their cars waving a gun at each other, and neither one shooting, as 2 potential crimes prevented. You could argue that all imaginable crimes against gun owners that *did not happen* were 'prevented' by the guns they own; and that the unarmed people just got lucky even more often.
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       05-17-2013 06:40 AM
Coffee with chocolate milk in it.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-16-2013 17:09 PM
It's boring to talk to oneself? Who woulda thought?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just Wondering       05-16-2013 12:16 PM
I was suspended once for writing "She seems to have her head up her ass" I didn't name anyone, and the person reporting the post was blocked from seeing my posts. So it seems not to have much to do with what was said, or how, or to whom. It seems to have everything to do with how you are reported, or by whom.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       05-16-2013 09:33 AM
Back home, there was this fella living by hisself out in the woods. He never got no pussy, so he had a habit of fuckin a log with a knothole in the side. Some of us went together and rented a hoer (that's how we talk down here) for the boy, and dragged him into town and made him take a shower, give him some clean clothes. Took him to the girl and rang the bell. She brings him in and asks what he wants, and he says, Wut you got? She peels and lays on the bed and shows him her stuff, and he can tell it might be good, so he's all ready to go at it. Then he up and kicks the lady in the ribs, and again on the ass. She jumps up and says, "What the hell you doin?!" He says, "Checkin fer bees."
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-16-2013 08:57 AM
".. a stripper. " Exotic dancer, thank you.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-15-2013 11:44 AM
Jason Kidd hasn't scored a point in 77 minutes in this series for the Knicks. That's the most scoreless minutes by any player in any playoff series since 1986 at least.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-15-2013 08:01 AM
"Come you gun hugging tough guys , why didn't a good guy with a gun shut down this attack ? you all say the school shootings happen because they are in gun free zones. " -- gusher
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-14-2013 12:15 PM
The Thunder shooting has gone in the toilet since Westbrook went down. Especially on 2-point shots. He's just about the worst shooter on the team, percentage-wise. He took the most shots on the team, even with the world's greatest scorer, KD. But without his drives and dishes and wheeling and dealing, the team doesn't have the same ball movement. In basketball, team quickness is more important than size or strength or almost any skills.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-11-2013 07:15 AM
"Heat F Udonis Haslem said before this one that idea was being 'overexaggerated.' "Now this is a physical series. It's just two teams playing at a high level, and that's it.'
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-08-2013 19:39 PM
One rather large difference between the colonies of 1770 and the USA of today is that we now have duly elected representation. That's pretty much what the Revolution was about -- that the colonists were taxed by a distant country in whose government they were not fairly represented. No doubt the English had some unkind terms for the rebelling colonists. Oh, well. They apparently didn't try hard enough to do right by their subjects living in America; and independence was the result. The Civil War has been discussed in here as a better analogy. Americans who fought against their country, etc.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-08-2013 17:07 PM
Are terrorists able to attack just the "administration"? Have they invented Republican-seeking missiles, or Democrat-piercing bullets? If you declare yourself the enemy of the US Govt -- or, same thing, declare the US Govt the enemy of the people -- you are a terrorist or other enemy combatant.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-07-2013 17:37 PM
You might not have thought the NRA could get crazier or dabble more in incitement than they already were. But you’d be wrong. In truth, outgoing president David Keene (a long time conservative activist not exclusively tied to the gun issue) was the less confrontational face of the organization relative to Wayne LaPierre (low bar). But all that’s in the past with the ascension of new President James Porter. Porter got things going yesterday by pledging to fight a “culture war” against “fake President” Barack Obama. He also says that all Americans should be trained to use standard military weapons for possible use against the United States government. Two other things stand out about Porter. First, he appears to signal a doubling down on the NRA’s base among older, white male Southerners or to put it more frontally, on racists, calling the Civil War “the War of Northern Aggression.” Secondly, Porter’s background as an attorney defending firearms manufacturers from lawsuits points to what is many ways the organization’s real role as a trade organization for firearms manufacturers. In any case, with Porter’s ascendency we seem to have moved a big step closer to the NRA leadership’s full embrace of milita-style rhetoric and increasingly open threats of violence against government officials and workers.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-06-2013 19:02 PM
I'll open with: up to 6 shots.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-06-2013 15:21 PM
Mark, are you one of the bad guys? Nobody has proposed anything to prohibit good guys from having guns.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       05-06-2013 11:16 AM
"If you can't eat it or fuck it, piss on it." -- any dog
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-05-2013 06:47 AM
I went to the local brewery to watch game 7 of Bulls vs Nets. Live band, one TV showing hockey. We took a vote and changed the channel to NBA. Nothing better than NBA playoffs, good live music, and good local beer. A dog-friendly bar, one big fella would bark when applause happened. The game and the music ended at the same moment.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-04-2013 08:03 AM
"..not muddle my points about Mao. " Mark, what is your point? If you're yammering about people taking your guns away, you're just spinning your wheels. Nobody here, nobody in Congress, nobody in the White House is proposing taking your guns away. The more times you declare yourself mentally unsound, though -- the more attention you draw to the fact you probably should not own guns. Do you think you can religiously repeat propaganda and not become associated with it?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-03-2013 17:58 PM
az, how do you come by the information that it is "accurate"? According to WikiQuotes, it's one of those frequently "misattributed" to Hitler. In other words, somebody makes this shit up, and others repeat it to further their agenda.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-03-2013 17:02 PM
Mark, may we assume this is yet another false "quote" of a famous person, that you seem to like to repeat from the NRA propaganda files?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       05-03-2013 16:42 PM
There are 4 NBA playoff games tonight, all of them game 6's. Any team that is down 3 games to 2, and wins tonight, lives to play a game 7 on Sunday. It's supposed to rain all day, so I wonder if I can hope to watch a game or 2. Specifically, what are my chances? I'm assigning these probabilities to the teams whose backs are to the wall, of winning tonight: Boston vs NY - 46% Atlanta vs Ind - 45% Houston vs OKC - 44% Clipps vs Mem - 30% These are based on points scored in their respective series, and who's playing at home. Multiplying these together in all combinations, I get: Chances of 4 games on Sunday: 3% ... 3 games: 16% 2 games: 36% 1 game: 34% no games (all series finish tonight) -- 11%
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-02-2013 16:30 PM
"...about guns being a valuable tool to keep available but with proper discipline and following gun safety rules they are very little threat to my family." A good driver may have never had a wreck, but eventually he falls asleep, or tries to converse, or just spaces out. A gun is an accident waiting to happen. The equivalent of a 'fender bender' is a trip to the emergency room. Pretending it happens only to habitually careless people is like pretending you are perfect.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-30-2013 08:11 AM
"...a stable home environment is the last thing child protective services is looking for to put children into. " How is this? How is "stable" defined? Not a horse stall, surely.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-28-2013 10:39 AM
Since I can guess who wrote that, I guess I must have been in there too much.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-26-2013 16:55 PM
"Motor vehicles save a lot more lives than they take. " -- is equivalent in what way, to -- "you can’t see or are unwilling to admit that guns can indeed be used to stop or prevent crimes " ??
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-26-2013 15:59 PM
Motor vehicles save a lot more lives than they take.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-26-2013 11:01 AM
"...how many gun laws are there in this country." "I don't know. How about you look it up state-by-state and give us a final count? ========== Counties have gun laws. Cities and towns have them. How many of them apply to any one person? A county gun law is kind of like an opinion -- everyone has them. The number of opinions in the US has nothing to do with whether the next one is worthwhile or not.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-26-2013 10:02 AM
It may be that PP is suggesting it's better to disarm people BEFORE they commit a felony. Some misdemeanor crimes might be correlated to LATER gun crimes, which are always a felony.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-26-2013 08:41 AM
"Some non felonies which IMO should prohibit gun ownership for at least a period of time ... Reckless engagement " What's getting recklessly engaged got to do with guns? Reckless marriage maybe.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-23-2013 08:40 AM
In the NBA playoffs, the home team won all 8 opening contests. Only one was remotely a close game. Then last night, the Bulls won on the road vs Brooklyn, and the Clippers had a close call at home vs Memphis.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-23-2013 08:38 AM
Maybe they've browsed the forums?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-19-2013 17:17 PM
A gun is no match for a mad bomber. Everyone should have some bombs or at least some grenades.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-18-2013 10:40 AM
"We can be trusted piloting a 4,000lb missile travelling 88 feet per second but put a gun in our hands and we become incompetent? " Are you talking about jet pilots? Are you saying every "law abiding" American can be trusted to safely fly and land a jet plane? That's pretty nutty.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-18-2013 10:36 AM
Whatever convoluted logic you've adopted is way beyond my skill to unravel, J-J.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-18-2013 10:16 AM
I'd lock my door, but I'm afraid Javier Bardem will come by and blast the cylinder out with his compressed air. Seriously, nobody will get hold of a locked doorknob and accidentally (or in a moment of rage) kill people with it.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-16-2013 12:09 PM
Because I haven't gone looking for them, and they don't seem to be in the news.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-16-2013 11:52 AM
In the Heller case, the Supreme Court gave the go-ahead to regulate guns as necessary. They also disavowed the necessity of any militia as a necessity for gun ownership.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-16-2013 11:50 AM
I haven't seen anyone suggesting the 2nd Amendment be repealed.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-16-2013 11:27 AM
Take out, the unnecessary commas.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-15-2013 10:10 AM
Didn't the US Supreme Court declare that the "well regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment doesn't really apply any more? And so, what is really left of it? Every individual may interpret it however he wants it?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-15-2013 07:55 AM
Hmm, plates and bowls got washed after use. If you don't do that while camping or picnicking, you'll get yellow jackets; and once you get them, you're stuck with them. Meanwhile, sticking with a single cup, even if it's not washed with soap and hot water, you don't get anyone's germs but your own -- a definite plus. With these plastic dishes, and with the plastic Easter eggs, there was always a bright pink set. Nobody would get this color assigned to them, since I couldn't stand to look at it. At Easter time, kids would look for their own color of eggs. Younger kids got brighter colors, and there was no competition this way. Except that the violent pink eggs were available to all, and they had crappy things in them -- lump of coal, last year's candy, or best of all, a mutilated Peep.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-15-2013 07:08 AM
I had 5 kids, and I got a set of plastic dishes in 6 distinct colors, and these were their dishes, period. If they wanted a clean cup, they kept it rinsed. This custom started on a camping trip, but it worked so well we retained it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-12-2013 17:57 PM
Marijuana is a drug? I thought it was an herb.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-09-2013 16:16 PM
I'm from Indiana, and in that state you may be a Purdue fan or an IU fan, or you may be a fan of good basketball. I went to both schools, so I root for both teams. There are some who believe to the depths of their soul that you must love one and hate the other. But just about everyone I know up there is a Big 10 fan. We root for any Big 10 team vs any other team. It's just how we roll. UK and Louisville have a strange history. Did they never play against one another for many years? One was white and the other was black? Some weird shit there.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-09-2013 15:18 PM
cplo, are you supposing half or more of Kentucky is in mourning over Louisville winning the championship? Or are those who favor UK merely indifferent? Or are you just being disagreeable today? I don't know about relative size of fan base; but from a population map, it looks as though more Kentuckians are closer to Louisville than to Lexington.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-09-2013 13:27 PM
KY is also the state jelly.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-09-2013 08:39 AM
Why was Michigan so much better when Trey Burke was off the floor? Why did he never pass the ball to the little white guy who lit it up in the first half?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-09-2013 08:28 AM
So that's it! One of the gun nuts already said he wouldn't protect us non-gunners when the mobs (or gangs, or Govt) came for us. I guess it'll be the slavers coming around. Then I'll have free room and board. Oh, joy.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       04-07-2013 19:48 PM
"The Knicks are absolutely superstar dependent. Take Melo and Amare out of the mix and that team is 10 games below .500. " Relative to Miami, or to OKC, they are not. They have Chandler, JR Smith, Kidd, and a few other good players. Amar'e used to be a superstar. The Knicks have been as good or better when he does not play.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-07-2013 08:56 AM
"One law may sound good at first. But then more will be added later. " You're claiming to know the future. This and your "slippery slope" references identifies you as a paranoid individual whose access to firearms should be limited. Have you noticed there are more guns in circulation than ever before? Doesn't this make you question your slippery slope theory? Probably not, since you don't question the NRA single-objective thrust: To Sell More Guns. Do you always believe what a salesman tells you?
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.