SwingLifeStyle Travel | Silhouette
Help
FORUMS › Travel, Clubs and Resorts › Cruise Talk › Interest in coordinating vanilla vacation destinations for LS people
TOPIC: Interest in coordinating vanilla vacation destinations for LS people
Created by: mayhem8
Original Starting post for this thread:
I can see that there are plenty of SLS cruise groups and such, but either interest wains in the group and there is nothing current and/or there is someone behind it looking to make a buck.

For example, we recently heard of a group of LS people planning to meet on a vanilla cruise. Sounded great. I looked at how much it would cost me to book a similar vanilla cruise myself and it was about half the cost of booking it through the group. I don't mind someone pocketing a little money for the effort, but when the cost goes from ~$4500 to ~$9000 for the same cruise, that is more than "a little money for the effort".

If you're going as a group, it should be CHEAPER, not more expensive. This was NOT a whole ship takeover. This was just someone organzing a vanilla cruise and letting LS people know far enough in advance to be able to plan to join. Not sure if they were actually booking the cruise for people, but would assume that's the case in order to leverage group buying power.

We love LS events and meeting new and old friends for both social and play time but if the event gets to feel like a money grab, it's a turn off and something we avoid. Perhaps this is just me being a cheap SOB (which I am ;-), but wouldn't people rather be part of a group that uses the power of the group to save them money rather than put it in someone's pocket? If people know of a group that IS using group purchases to get a better deal, absolutely put a pointer in for it.

In addition to potential group buying power, I know I am always running across vacation deals offered from travel brokers if you can travel within the next 6-9 months, which is reasonable for a number of people.

Thoughts on any of this?

1 to 6 of 6
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Daytona Beach FL US
Username hidden
(15 posts)

Tampa FL US
Username hidden
(162 posts)

San Jose CA US
Username hidden
(16 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)
1 to 6 of 6
TOPIC: Interest in coordinating vanilla vacation destinations for LS people
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.