Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › How much weight loss is normal?
TOPIC: How much weight loss is normal?
Created by: FredTammy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Over the past several months my wife and I have been working on our nutrition, not just how we eat, but what we eat and how often. While we have not added as much exercise I would like we are both loosing weight. Our weight loss however is not very consistent. While I have lost close to 40 pounds in the last 7 months, my wife has lost about 25. During this time we have both had medical issues that landed us in the hospital, which I am sure has slowed our progress. Now we are both back to our normal routines and curious about how much weight loss we should expect in an average month. We started this new journey back in April when I went to the Dr for a physical and tipped the scales at over 350# ( for most of my adult life I have been 240#) I now weigh in on average between 285 and 295# (for some reason I have a 10 pound fluctuation throughout most weeks). We have always been told that 2 pounds a week is good, but with where we are and where we really want to be we are looking to step up the efforts and try for 3 or 4 per week. I still have a little more than 50# to loose and my wife would like to loose another 40 or 50 # as well. We are both active, love outdoor activities, and have adopted a modified Keto diet (since wife has had gallbladder surgery). Ideally I would love to get down under 230, and she would love to be down around 150, as this is when we felt the best, and looked good as well. We count calories, watch the fat intake, have reduced our carb intake significantly, but just seem to be missing something as we have had weeks with little to no results.

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 13
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Username hidden
(104 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Las Vegas NV US
Username hidden
(4772 posts)

Username hidden
(104 posts)

Las Vegas NV US
Username hidden
(4772 posts)

Ringwood NJ US
Username hidden
(1366 posts)

Las Vegas NV US
Username hidden
(4772 posts)

Username hidden
(104 posts)

Las Vegas NV US
Username hidden
(4772 posts)

Ringwood NJ US
Username hidden
(1366 posts)

Newton NJ US
Username hidden
(10 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 13
TOPIC: How much weight loss is normal?
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.