Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Events North Carolina Anyone know if YKW is still working towards a new location and reopening?
TOPIC: Anyone know if YKW is still working towards a new location and reopening?
Created by: owcangrace
Original Starting post for this thread:
this is posted on 8/4/2023 and we haven't seen or heard anything since they had announced their new landlord did not want to be associated with their type of business and was not going to renew their lease which expired on June 1, 2022. Thinking they were looking to build but we haven't seen any update. Anyone know where they are?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I’m glad to stand corrected. We do really miss YKW as well.

Locust NC US
Username hidden
(12 posts)
That is not what they are saying on their website. Here is a copy and paste from their website. UPDATE DECEMBER 2023

We are still trying our best to reopen, we have had several setbacks, but we are still moving forward.

We have been trying for the last year to build a club but our plans to build a club from the ground up are on hold as we cannot find a contractor that can build what we want for under 3 million, which we cannot get a loan approval for. I have worked and reworked the club floor plans to shrink everything down as much as I can but even a 12,000 sq ft building was over 3 million.

?

We are currently still looking for a building to reopen the club in, we never stopped looking for a building but we just cannot find a place that meets all the required zoning and ordinance that a city or county requires. I know a lot of people are frustrated with this taking so long and have offered suggestions on a building but unfortunately we just cant rent any place and move into it, it has to meet all the requirements set by the city or county.

Just as a general rule if a building is first zoned correctly then it must also meet the following requirements, must be at least 500 feet away from any church, school, daycare or house and the building must be fully sprinkled. These are just the minimum requirements and these are also some of the least restrictive ordinances, some cities and counties are much harder and say you have to be 3000 feet away and also include parks that you must be away from or that the building cannot be more than 3000 sq ft or that does not allow for "private" rooms. Some places will let us measure the distance from building to building while other cities or counties measure the distance from property line to property line.

?

Our main goal is to make sure that we have a place that is fully legal that wont be shut down after a few months and get our members in trouble for attending an illegal party. We have expanded our search to include all of North and South Carolina and will do what we can to reopen as fast as we can, believe me that we miss the club and all of the members more and more each day and cant wait to reopen. We have not given up, we did not quit and focus on another business, or my favorite rumor I heard was that I had several girlfriends that I gave all my money too, lol.

We can't wait to reopen and give everyone a place to call home again. I will post again when I have more solid news as I do not want to get people’s hopes up until I know something for sure.

Morganton NC US
Username hidden
(122 posts)
YKW will not be returning. The city changed zoning to make it impossible to gat a new location approved. Old ordinance was 200 yds from a school, church, library... New ordinance changed to distance to 2 miles from any of those items. Cannot reopen.

Locust NC US
Username hidden
(12 posts)
Any more news on this

Fayetteville NC US
Username hidden
(1 post)
Would like to see them back ! Thanks again!

Morganton NC US
Username hidden
(122 posts)
extrafun thank you VERY much!

Morganton NC US
Username hidden
(122 posts)
UPDATE: Chris texted me back tonight and said they have not given up on reopening. He explained that they can't find an existing building that meets all zoning requirements. He said the price to build from the ground up has increased to a point that is unrealistic. He said "they will keep on trying".

LET'S NOT GIVE UP! We need them back.

Locust NC US
Username hidden
(12 posts)
I had been communicating with Chris for almost 8 months for updates, and he was positive about plans for a 20,000 sq ft NEW building waiting approval for near the Fayetteville airport. Then he simply quit answering the phone and has been silence ever since. I'm still hoping they can pull it off, but its been well over a year..... It was the first place we swung!

Locust NC US
Username hidden
(12 posts)
this is posted on 8/4/2023 and we haven't seen or heard anything since they had announced their new landlord did not want to be associated with their type of business and was not going to renew their lease which expired on June 1, 2022. Thinking they were looking to build but we haven't seen any update. Anyone know where they are?

Morganton NC US
Username hidden
(122 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: AnyoneknowifYKWisstillworkingtowardsanewlocationandreopening