Help
FORUMS › Successful Swinging › Better Profiles › Best Profile Practices to Follow
TOPIC: Best Profile Practices to Follow
Created by: 1lkydog
Original Starting post for this thread:
I started this thread about Best Profile Practices hoping that forum users could read a collection helpful resource and tips on how to positively affect their profile.

Interesting, engaging, profiles happen with a collection of certain key components. This discussion is about how to make a good first impression using the elements of an appealing profile.

Here’s my sauce. I'm looking forward to other comments from regular contributors - thanks

1. Curb appeal - First impressions are everything. My brain gives thumbs up or thumbs down first impression in the blink of an eye. Great lead photos are like a billboard on a crowded highway lined with other billboards. As the landscapes blurs my memory only the good billboards stand out.

2. White Space - Hard returns after each paragraph add pleasing white space to every page (unwritten space, as it sounds) and I look for breathing room around the text that makes me want to keep reading.

3. Text Balancing - I find it appealing when I’m greeted by 2-3 paragraphs per section and 1-3 sentences in each paragraph; roughly 350-500 words overall. More words or less are noticeable to my eye and each marks the difference between too much to think about versus nothing worth looking at. I’ve used 513 words in this post.

4. Readability - Scrolling down to the main body of page should be the same eye candy as the upper half of the page where the lead photo sits. Empty sections are annoyingly notable and separate paragraphs in each section are always appealing. Unless you’re break-ass funny, clever, interesting, and amazing to the last drop, readers normally stop reading after the 1st or 2nd sentence.

5. No Caps or Emojis - Loosing control of your keyboard is like heavy alcohol use; when you realize it, you stop it, or others realize you have a problem. Commonly understood abbreviations make your readers feel smart, like MFMF, HWP, MFF, MFM. Leave them out when they're not common, or spell it out <<I love BBWWW (Big Beautiful Witches With Wigs). And no emojis - ever.

6. Certifications - The cinnamon on top of the whipped cream, extra mocha, double latte, that indicates you're alive and real. There’s lots of opinions over these. IMO (In My Opinion) too many certifications make me feel equally as uncomfortable as none. I’m very interesting in hearing other’s opinions.

7. Good Self Promotion - Attract others with words about your activities, interests, hobbies and past times. Readers see these and relate. Same with sexual preferences. Spell out what attracts you and says what’s most appealing.

8. Use Positive Words for Positive Influences - Positive words stand out. Google a list and gingerly add a few, here and there, in your profile. Spelling errors, poor grammar, and bad sentences reflect negatively on the writer. Word processors improve spelling and grammar and reading a profile aloud helps identify where change is needed.

9. Never Use Negative Words - Attract more bees with honey and stay away from negativity and negative words. Negative words and phrases destroy a good profile. Eliminate all uses of “No” and “Never” “Not interested” and write from the affirmative <<Our interests are with couples and single females>>.

10. Toggles and Preferences - Rewriting height and weight wastes space when toggles are designed to do this for you. Tools/Update Profile/Preferences.

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 16
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Palmerton PA US
Username hidden
(113 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Winter Haven FL
Username hidden
(51 posts)

Winter Haven FL
Username hidden
(51 posts)

Palmerton PA US
Username hidden
(113 posts)

Palmerton PA US
Username hidden
(113 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8361 posts)

Palmerton PA US
Username hidden
(113 posts)

Colorado Springs CO
Username hidden
(17 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8361 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10665 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 16
TOPIC: Best Profile Practices to Follow
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.