Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › The RNC sues
TOPIC: The RNC sues
Created by: eroticamazon
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok, this is funny.

The RNC has sued Google.

They are suing Google over gmail. They are claiming that Google is immediately taking RNC messages and putting them in a persons spam folder. They are claiming that they are losing money and outreach. They are claiming that Google is not doing this to the DNC.

Now from a nerd standpoint, the tools that the DNC and the RNC use is the software that I spend my time in daily.

The RNC does not understand how heuristic tools work. If you get an email from fuckoff. com the first time it may make it to your inbox. If the email provider sees 100000 of those emails come through and that 2% marked it as spam, it will probably come through the 2nd time that you get an email from fuckoff. com. If on the 2nd time, they see that 50% are marked as spam, then they will look at content of the message, compare it to the user who has marked other things as spam and then possibly let it in or move it to the spam folder. If the 3rd time it comes from fuckoff. com 60% of the messages are marked as spam, then the fourth time, the service will mark 100% as spam. Welcome to reputation ranking in the email world.

The RNC is claiming that people have signedup for messages from the RNC and they cull the list constantly if people want to unsubscribe. Uhh . . . yeah, I am starting to doubt that. If it is true, then the people who are getting it would not mark at such a high rate that it is spam.

I think this is just a means for the Republicans to start complaining that big tech has too much power. The irony is that the Republicans are the ones that signed the Can-Spam act that makes what google is doing the law.

storage.courtlistener. com/recap/gov.uscourts.caed.418465/gov.uscourts.caed.418465.1.0.pdf

That is the filing.

1 to 1 of 1
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Santa Barbara CA US
Username hidden
(9084 posts)
1 to 1 of 1
TOPIC: The RNC sues
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.