Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Politics › Regulations
TOPIC: Regulations
Created by: eroticamazon
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have quite a few friends who like to wear red hats. I hear from them all the time about Commiefornia being business unfriendly. I hear the rants about regulations. They bitch about how things have to move slow because of the bureaucratic bullshit regarding regulations. Their words, not mine.

In the last two days there have been two events that make me chuckle regarding regulations. Hurricane Nicole hit Daytona Beach, Florida. My wife's family was ground zero. I watched videos of houses destroyed, houses that are really oceanfront now :) Well, part of them are.

Today, FTX filed for BK. FTX is a crypto trading platform. The owner, last week was worth 20 billion. Today, he is worth zero. It looks like he is taking a LOT of people down with him.

My red hat friends, I ask them a simple set of questions: Please define what business unfriendly is. Please tell me the regulations that you want to get rid of.

I get a lot of, uhh, umm, fucking democrats, etc. I never get answers.

The houses that were destroyed in Florida were destroyed because they do not follow the regulations that CA puts in for high risk building. California, and those that live here can explain this, for lots of construction jobs requires an environmental study to be done. This generally means that they are testing the soil. Before they issue a permit, you may hear them say, "The only way we will permit this is if you build on pylons." I have seen construction for places that use these funky crane looking devices to help build the pylons that go down some serious distance. IIRC some where 30'.

Is that burdensome? Is that overregulation?

The crypto industry arose from a loophole and it does not have the regulations that, say, Goldman Sachs has, or Fidelity, or UBS. It is a pure wild wild west. If you put your bitcoin in a wallet at FTX or other place, well, it's theirs now bitch. There is no FDIC. There is no regulations. It looks like FTX collapsed due to greed. It looks like they were trading their own customers assets and lost a bunch of bets and chased it. People got spooked and wanted to convert their crypto to cash. Hmm. A run on the bank.

If you are the person that is anti-regulations, are you ok with the results of both of these? What is so overbearing that protects people from stealing your money? What is so overbearing saying, "You can't build that shit here because your house could slide into some other house."

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 19
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Danbury CT Us
Username hidden
(12405 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Danbury CT Us
Username hidden
(12405 posts)

Danbury CT Us
Username hidden
(12405 posts)

Summerville SC US
Username hidden
(7765 posts)

Danbury CT Us
Username hidden
(12405 posts)

Tempe AZ US
Username hidden
(5818 posts)

Santa Barbara CA US
Username hidden
(9084 posts)

Woodstock GA US
Username hidden
(4079 posts)

Danbury CT Us
Username hidden
(12405 posts)

Milwaukee WI US
Username hidden
(8497 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 19
TOPIC: Regulations
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.