SLS will undergo maintenance which may cause members to experience intermittent outages Saturday and Sunday May 18-19, 2024.
We appreciate your patience, as we work on site improvements. ~ The SLS Team

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Shifting Baseline Syndrome
TOPIC: Shifting Baseline Syndrome

Go to Last Viewed

Created by: destinbchcouple
Original Starting post for this thread:
I recently viewed a video that was put out by an airline pilot. I found it interesting and agree with it. How many of you remember after 9/11 when the government started the TSA? Do you enjoy going through the TSA lines at the airport? Do you really believe they are trying to catch bad people or just trying to sensitize or control we the people? Here is what the pilot had to say;

I’ve been an airline pilot for 18 years and now I’m facing an ultimatum not a choice but ultimatum. I’ve been told in order to continue my career as an airline pilot I must be vaccinated which really means I have to choose between putting food on the table for my family and my freedom of choice.

Whether you believe vaccination is the right thing to do or not. The situation goes far beyond health. We the American people have fought for freedom for 257 years. We go around the world spreading ideas of freedom and democracy. We help other countries and people fight for their freedom while ours are being stripped away.

You may think being forced to wear a mask or get a vaccination is insignificant, but when you begin to compile Mandate after Mandate and loss of freedom after freedom it becomes very significant. As each thing is taken away we face what is known as the shifting baseline syndrome. This syndrome changes our idea of a new and acceptable normal.

Soon we will not remember what it was like to have the freedoms we once did. Our children and our grandchildren will experience less freedom and they won’t have the privilege or the pleasure to enjoy the same choices our parents had or that we have.

If we give into these mandates, we do not stand up for our freedom of choice we dishonor every armed service person over the last 275 years. A disservice to the people who fought and bled for the very freedoms we enjoy.

Whether you believe in vaccination or not I’m standing up for your freedom of choice. You may support the vaccine mandates because they fall in line with your current beliefs, but if we let this happen now there will be a day when you’re told what to do will not fall in line with your beliefs.

If we do not stand together and fight back in one voice soon we can be told where to live, what job we will do, what religions to believe in, how many children we can have. Do you really want someone telling your children or grandchildren what, when and how they will live every minute of their lives. It’s time we take a stance. It’s time we fight for our freedom of choice while we still can. Join us!

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »
1 to 10 of 62
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Windermere FL US
Username hidden
(12633 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Windermere FL US
Username hidden
(12633 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10686 posts)

Jeffersonville IN US
Username hidden
(2228 posts)

San Diego CA US
Username hidden
(13866 posts)

New Orleans LA Us
Username hidden
(7323 posts)

Destin FL
Username hidden
(632 posts)

Bellingham WA US
Username hidden
(10686 posts)

Windermere FL US
Username hidden
(12633 posts)

Windermere FL US
Username hidden
(12633 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »
1 to 10 of 62
TOPIC: Shifting Baseline Syndrome
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.