Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › A conversation about The Black Ring
TOPIC: A conversation about The Black Ring
Created by: YourWetWilly
Original Starting post for this thread:
I would like to know other's thoughts and experiences about The Black Ring?

I've known about the meaning of the ring for a long time. Nowadays, a lot of people wear them on the left hand when they are afraid of damaging or losing their wedding ring. So seeing black rings is becoming more common. However as we all know, people in the LS wear it on the right hand.

I would like to hear about your experiences when wearing your black ring. Or what is your reaction when seeing someone else wearing a Black Ring?

Questions of interest to jump start the conversation: When and where do you prefer to wear the ring.

How often do you get approached, (some people get approached more often than others just because...) and does it happen more often when wearing the ring? In other words, does it help? Have you noticed being approached more often at certain types of places or locations? What are some of the questions you are asked when wearing the ring? What are some of your answers? Are you honest about it or do you say what you think they might want to hear? What kind of approach do you take with someone (total strangers) when they are wearing a Black Ring? How have you opened up a conversation, especially in a vanilla setting? Have people mistaken it for something else? Have you assumed others are in the LS (due to a black ring) and have been mistaken? What was their reason for wearing a black ring? How did that conversation go? Have you been curious to find out if someone you suspect is in the LS and have purposely worn the ring for them to notice, just to get a reaction from them? What are some of your best stories, worst stories? Do you have a fear of offending people, how do you avoid it? (Either; overcoming the fear or of offending them)

(For me, I'm not easily offended, I subscribe to the theory that an insult is never given only taken)

All of this curiosity comes to mind after failing to approach a couple last week. (Of course, neither they nor I were wearing a black ring.) Afterwards, I thought of all the things I could have said to open a conversation about the LS if I had approached them; but regrettably so, I didn't. If only I had spotted a black ring, I believe that would have made all the difference, (for me anyway, and just maybe for them too)

This week I am picking up a black ring, I will then see if I am approached more and if I have more engaging conversations

1 to 6 of 6
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Bristol RI US
Username hidden
(271 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Fresno CA US
Username hidden
(2643 posts)

New Orleans LA US
Username hidden
(9396 posts)

Brooklyn Park MN US
Username hidden
(5315 posts)

Summerville SC US
Username hidden
(7768 posts)

Newcastle OK US
Username hidden
(1434 posts)
1 to 6 of 6
TOPIC: A conversation about The Black Ring
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.