Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Fitness › Intermittant fasting - aka 16:8 diet
TOPIC: Intermittant fasting - aka 16:8 diet
Created by: mayhem8
Original Starting post for this thread:
As much as this makes sense in theory, after having done this for a year or more, I have noticed that the intermittent fasting is not working for me lately, for whatever reason. I have actually increased my activity level and noticed I'm still putting on more weight. Not a huge amount but went from like 215 lb to almost 230 lbs in the past 2-3 months.

There could well be some other reason for this. For example, I could be experiencing a decrease in testosterone levels (which I plan to get tested), but in the meantime, I'm going to make a slight change. I'm going to try going back to adding my (minimal) breakfast back in. This is just a handful of some kind of nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios, etc) and perhaps a piece of fruit. If I get ambitious, bacon and eggs, but I have never been a big breakfast person, which is why I found intermittent fasting so easy to follow.

There is some evidence that intermittent fasting can have an impact on hormone levels, which can cause weight gain. and wondering if that might be happening. Most of what I have found on this is that there is usually more impact for women than men.

Going to try light breakfast for a month or so and see if it makes a difference, and also talk to the doc about what other testing (in addition to T levels) I should do. One thing I have noticed about intermittent fasting is I do tend to have a ravenous appetite in the evening, which is probably the worse time to be eating a large meal (i.e. closer to bed time).

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 19
User Details are only visible to members.

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Due to new laws enacted by The US Government, we are making some changes to our business model and policies which limits access to our free members.

Please understand that our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for like minded people. These changes are required to meet that goal.

Charlotte NC US
Username hidden
(25 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)

Auburn NH US
Username hidden
(8327 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 19
TOPIC: Intermittant fasting - aka 16:8 diet
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.