Swinger Forums

HELP
FORUMS
outdoorsWNC    Posts: 2984
Last 100 Displayed

Hottest Nationalities
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Hottest Nationalities       06-17-2013 10:03 AM
Why do olive colored people eat olives? Or is it the other way around? Why are beautiful women even more beautiful when they're horny?
Hands on your head FELLATIO
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Hands on your head FELLATIO       06-17-2013 09:50 AM
The mrs always thanks me for it.
Favorite SLS profile tag line
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Favorite SLS profile tag line       06-17-2013 09:48 AM
livewire, you just repeated the OP.
Letting subscription expire -- pros and cons
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Letting subscription expire -- pros and cons       06-17-2013 09:01 AM
Thanks for all the replies. One thing I remember about free membership is that to put nude pics out there, you have to email people off-site. That was pretty maddening. We've got more contacts than we seem to be able to meet, and those who interest us are few and far between -- or I should say far between, as in distance. When we were new, it seemed potential play partners were frequently popping up in our area. And yet somehow, it now is rare. I also wonder if our email archives will be deleted or unavailable.
Letting subscription expire -- pros and cons
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Letting subscription expire -- pros and cons       06-14-2013 09:37 AM
Our paid subscription expires in a couple of days. I assume this means our profile will continue as free members. Does something get lost, like permanently, in the process? If we decide to pay again, are we out anything? An obvious upside is that you'all won't have to see my partisan rants on here. What are we likely to regret if it lapses for a time?
Road Blocks in St Clair Co Alabama Jun 2013 DNA and Blood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Road Blocks in St Clair Co Alabama Jun 2013 DNA and Blood       06-13-2013 17:54 PM
Normal in Alabama has never really bothered the rest of the country.
Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 16:01 PM
"... telling the IRS to target people who don't vote democrat. " You're hallucinating. If there are many of you doing it, it's a mass hallucination.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 15:07 PM
Breaking news: the Govt knows where you live, and they have guns. You can be sure they will be coming to shoot you. Otherwise, why would they want to know where you live?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 11:57 AM
" I could give 2 shits about the economy, jobs, housing, .." Impossible to believe.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 11:45 AM
then you should remove yourself from all human contact. And out in the woods, the animals will be watching.
I'm so old I
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > I'm so old I       06-13-2013 11:19 AM
Well, there were 2 of them in a pack, right?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-13-2013 11:18 AM
Guns don't kill people, toddlers do.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-13-2013 11:18 AM
In 5 months, toddlers have killed more Americans than terrorists have.
Reasons for rejection
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Reasons for rejection       06-13-2013 11:16 AM
I have weak wrists and a weak voice. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I answered the phone and they asked if my mother was home.
The Horse Ain't Dead Yet
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The Horse Ain't Dead Yet       06-13-2013 11:15 AM
ms rdy, I venture to speculate that you don't need no steenkin certs.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 11:09 AM
"Safety vs Freedom? I'll take freedom every time. " I am sure this is not true.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 11:02 AM
"... he'd be a lame duck and could actually work for the people rather than working for their votes. Obviously, that isn't happening. " You really believe this? If the offensive line decides to let the opponent sack the quarterback until he's crippled, do you blame the quarterback? If Americans are on one team, why are half of them trying to destroy our own leadership? Republicans are not the least bit subtle, and yet some of us seem desperate to think there are two legitimate sides. Obama is doing everything possible to make the future better. Repubs are desperate to stop him, because that's all they have ever been effective at.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ed Snowden - Hero or Enemy       06-13-2013 10:58 AM
"9. Massive media favoritism towards the D's" Sane people don't assign equal credibility to zombies, Republicans, al Qaeda terrorists, hostile aliens who eat our babies, etc.
It seems FEMA is partial to natural disasters
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > It seems FEMA is partial to natural disasters       06-13-2013 10:53 AM
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is refusing to provide additional money to help rebuild the small Texas town where a deadly fertilizer plant explosion leveled numerous homes and a school, and killed 15 people. According to a letter obtained by The Associated Press, FEMA said it reviewed the state's appeal to help but decided that the explosion "is not of the severity and magnitude that warrants a major disaster declaration." FEMA already has provided millions of dollars in aid to the town of West and its residents, but the decision prevents them from getting some of the widespread assistance typically available to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes and other natural disasters. The decision likely means less money to pay for public repairs to roads, sewer lines, pipes and a school that was destroyed.
Single Parent Families
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Single Parent Families       06-13-2013 07:18 AM
Yeah, but you black guys get all the chicks. And you can jump. Dunkin and fuckin, what's to complain about?
A Speech in Spanish Is a First for the US Senate
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > A Speech in Spanish Is a First for the US Senate       06-13-2013 07:13 AM
I thought Republicanese was the only alien language allowed on the floor.
A New 'Smart Rifle' Decides When To Shoot And Rarely Misses
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > A New 'Smart Rifle' Decides When To Shoot And Rarely Misses       06-12-2013 16:39 PM
Now this is a truly automatic rifle, and everything else is 'semi automatic'.
Favorite SLS profile tag line
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Favorite SLS profile tag line       06-12-2013 16:01 PM
He must have sensed you were not very hungry.
Have you ever been so wrong you couldn't admit it
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Have you ever been so wrong you couldn't admit it       06-12-2013 09:25 AM
What is it that the zombies are hoarding, which influences elections? Are they not answering the door or the phone when the polls come calling? Influence hoarding?
Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-12-2013 07:31 AM
These finals are reminiscent of the 2005 Finals: G1 - San Antonio 84, Detroit 69 G2 - SA 97, Det 76 G3 - Det 96, SA 79 G4 - Det 102, SA 71 G5 - SA 96, Det 95 in overtime -- the Robert Horry game G6 - Det 95, SA 86 G7 - SA 81, Det 74 -- much closer than that, though Horry hit 5 of 6 from the arc and brought the Spurs back from way down. Last night, a couple of the Spurs shot like that, but so what? Just piling on, as it turns out.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-12-2013 07:23 AM
I thought free members could not initiate chat.
Divorce
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Divorce       06-11-2013 11:18 AM
I'm sure it works that way, some of the time. Every situation will be different. It's not as if every parent/co-parent/step-parent is always available. But that's actually rare in any arrangement, including the 2-parent household of the 21st Century.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Have you ever been so wrong you couldn't admit it       06-11-2013 10:40 AM
"...she believed Hillary would never get into a contest that she wasn't sure she would win, so she'd never run for President. I completely agreed..." See, this should be a learning experience. She might strongly prefer to only run when she is sure she will win ... but at some point -- if she's the front runner, the party's best hope, and her party insists -- then she will just about have to run. Otherwise, she's declaring, "I will only run if I know I will win". And that's no kind of candidate for executive office.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Have you ever been so wrong you couldn't admit it       06-11-2013 10:35 AM
"The indisputable fact of the matter is, you must have the wrong set of facts! " Not trying to pick on anyone here, but it seems there's a lot of this around: When you don't address a particular individual, NOBODY knows who it is that you're addressing.
Divorce
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Divorce       06-11-2013 10:29 AM
If you split up and re-marry (or re-attach), your kids could have twice as many parents, in theory; counting step-parents.
Hottest Nationalities
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Hottest Nationalities       06-11-2013 10:26 AM
My favorite is one I haven't had yet.
Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-11-2013 09:41 AM
Soooo glad the next 3 games are in San Antonio. The Miami PA announcer has got to be the most obnoxious voice on the planet. Also hope to see that Ginobili does not really have Parkinson's. He was just a total spazz in game 2.
Single Parent Families
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Single Parent Families       06-11-2013 09:05 AM
We live in a competitive culture. That's what capitalism ensures. When you're down -- economically, educationally, culturally -- others hoping to "get ahead" will step on you to do so. If you haven't been homeless, or unemployed, or broke, you don't know what it's like to have no ride, no shower, no clean clothes to do a job interview, much less show up reliably and functional. Eventually this wears down your confidence, and you become chronically underemployed. I've described a rather extreme scenario, but it's really not that uncommon. Take a random dog home from the dog pound, and there's a good chance he's been abused. If so, there's a good chance he'll never recover to fully trusting people.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Have you ever been so wrong you couldn't admit it       06-11-2013 08:54 AM
That's one strategy, Maritimers. But if there were a zombie apocalypse, and you didn't want to be eaten or turned into a zombie -- would that make you a partisan? Would you feel that you are "taking sides"? When confronted with actual ill will, do you feel you must give the ill-willer equal credibility for his/her intentions?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-10-2013 19:44 PM
Ah, so that's it. 35 posts and none that I can see.
Single Parent Families
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Single Parent Families       06-10-2013 13:28 PM
In 2010, about 12.4% of white children were determined to be living in poverty. About 38% of black children were living in poverty. npc.umich.e du/poverty/#4 A black child is 3 times as likely to be brought up in poverty.
Single Parent Families
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Single Parent Families       06-10-2013 13:19 PM
"... a story today that claims 60% of families in Richmond are single parent. When one picks out specific races, it's 86% of black families. 86%. i.e. most black kids (in Richmond, anyway) grow up in a single parent household. " Splitting hairs, maybe: If 2-parent households tend to have more kids than the 1-parent households, then fewer than 86% of black kids are with a single parent. You may have 6 households with one parent and one child; and one 2-parent household with 6 kids; in which case 50% of the kids are in 2-parent families.
Drug test for unemployment check
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Drug test for unemployment check       06-10-2013 13:05 PM
I put in a free stint every time I do volunteer work.
An unseen dividend of Obamacare
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > An unseen dividend of Obamacare       06-10-2013 10:53 AM
"Ninety-nine percent of the time I’m addressing Robert..." OK, I get it. Gotta get traction where you can find it. "...seeing him and people like him whine and Obama catering to them. " I didn't know there were other "people like him", nor any catering by Obama. Are you sure this isn't just all in your mind? If Robert is representative of "liberals", then maybe Ted Nugent is representative of "conservatives"?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > An unseen dividend of Obamacare       06-10-2013 10:00 AM
I don't read what Robert writes. It is definitely an alternate reality. Do you find it enlightening, really?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-10-2013 09:58 AM
That's good. Of the 4, Magic was the best passer, Bird the strongest rebounder, Jordan the superior scorer. LeBron is #2 in all three categories. Players as good as these can always contribute plenty, even when their shot isn't falling. Jordan and LeBron are among the best defensive players of their eras, while Bird and Magic were matadors on that end.
Age Race
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Finding Playmates > Age Race       06-10-2013 09:42 AM
I'd do a 22 year old if she looked 50.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-10-2013 09:21 AM
Drawing triple coverage and passing to the open shooter is a good offensive contribution. Think of him not as Jordan so much, but as Magic with all-league defense.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > An unseen dividend of Obamacare       06-10-2013 09:16 AM
thn, you seem to live in an alternate reality.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-10-2013 09:03 AM
To do your part to get the 2nd Amendment overturned, acquire the most dangerous guns you can, as many as you can, and talk like a crazed government-hating gun worshiper. The more people who do this, the more the rest of the country will fear the 2nd A.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-09-2013 11:32 AM
Al Quaeda has also kept some imaginary evils at bay.
AMERICA'S CUSTOMER SERVICE
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > AMERICA'S CUSTOMER SERVICE       06-09-2013 11:20 AM
People do change, but not quickly enough to be noticeable from day to day.
Problems with full sentences
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Problems with full sentences       06-09-2013 10:04 AM
I saw it last night and laughed out loud. I plead for a partial sentence.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Drug test for unemployment check       06-09-2013 08:15 AM
"...taxes are a necessary evil. " Yesterday I argued with someone about lawn grass as a necessary evil. It was thought to be a nuisance because it needs maintenance, etc. My position was that it's far better than anything else that could be there (in this climate), and that in fact it has more wonderful qualities than annoying ones. The sun, rain, plants, animals, people, society are other entities that fall into this category. If you're in a bad mood, any or all may fall under the "necessary evil" heading. The USA gives a pretty good value on your tax dollar, historically speaking. You don't expect to get abundant gourmet food at a restaurant, unless you pay for it. You may argue with the restaurant owners or other patrons, or you may go to another restaurant.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Drug test for unemployment check       06-09-2013 08:09 AM
If your house is on fire, the fire department brings government assistance to put out the fire. They don't charge you for it.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-09-2013 08:01 AM
Hey. If we disregard those few words in the 2nd Amendment, does that create a slippery slope whereby future interpretations may disregard other parts? Does "prefatory" mean it's like fat over the meat, that just needs to be cut out and thrown away?
Swingers vs Lifestylers
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Swingers vs Lifestylers       06-08-2013 18:16 PM
wanna, I beg to differ.
Obamacare a nightmare
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Obamacare a nightmare       06-08-2013 09:41 AM
Modern conservatives are only consistent on one thing -- they hate everything Obama is in favor of. Without Obama to oppose, they really have no agenda whatsoever; except of course to free the rich from taxation.
IRS and the Clueless President
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-08-2013 09:00 AM
One has to wonder why anyone searches for the opinions of the 3 percent who are against the opinions of the 97%. It's almost as if he has his mind made up, and he's searching for evidence for what he already has concluded.
Benghazi
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Benghazi       06-08-2013 08:56 AM
... desperately trying to distract from the fact that they're incompetent legislators, doing nothing. So they do less than nothing.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-08-2013 08:12 AM
ScienceDaily (Nov. 27, 2012) ­ Sea levels are rising 60 per cent faster than the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) central projections, new research suggests. While temperature rises appear to be consistent with the projections made in the IPCC's fourth assessment report (AR4), satellite measurements show that sea levels are actually rising at a rate of 3.2 mm a year compared to the best estimate of 2 mm a year in the report.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-08-2013 08:03 AM
"Bryson's main contribution to the debate on climate change was the idea of "the human volcano" causing global cooling, via an increase in aerosol loading... In later years, when it was clear that the climate was indeed warming, Bryson argued that while climate change and a global increase in temperature are real, he did not believe that they are caused by human activity. Rather, he argued that they are part of natural global climate cycles, particularly the end of the Little Ice Age. wikipedia
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-08-2013 07:58 AM
When you say "spewing", you sound like an idiot. Or maybe you're just impersonating your favorite idiot.
For the Guy's
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > For the Guy's       06-08-2013 07:57 AM
I'm sure you will find the guy or guys who are willing to go right at it. If they don't 'get it' the first time, surely they will after mulling it over. We've been trained to think we're more than dicks; and in fact to believe that women are looking for men, not just for the dick. So, it takes some adjustment time.
Benghazi
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Benghazi       06-07-2013 22:36 PM
nope
Just how much can you tolerate
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Just how much can you tolerate       06-07-2013 17:50 PM
It never occurred to me that phone call records and internet site visits would be secret from the government. Did someone promise they would be?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 17:42 PM
Without following your team around the country, you can still watch 40 games that are at home. No such thing as 2 to 4 weeks between home games. If your team makes the playoffs, you get another 2 to 12 games at home. Only rich maniacs would travel with the team.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 17:40 PM
I don't watch baseball. Unless I'm drinking beer and trying to avoid going outside in hot weather.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 17:39 PM
"Officials are dicks and get overzealous with their authority on the field and occasionally try to make themselves part of the game, if not bigger than the game. This is especially true in baseball and basketball .." You think that's part of their job description? Do they get promotions based on being dicks? Actually, it's a flaw that prevents them from achieving the highest level of work assignments. What I understand is that NBA refs are diligently graded, based on their performance. It's a black eye on the league whenever a game is decided by a bad call or non-call. Bad calls go on the ref's record. My biggest beef might be the opposite of what you've stated: At the end of a close game, they're apt to 'swallow the whistle' and not call a foul or infraction that they'd call any other time. The alleged reason: they do NOT want to insert themselves into the game in a crucial moment. Play on! A well-officiated game is one in which you don't even notice the officials.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > AMERICA'S CUSTOMER SERVICE       06-07-2013 16:15 PM
cplo, I've been an "adult" for twice as long as you. But I'm not going to talk down to you, since you have a good head on your shoulders. The world was never a better place. We thought it was getting better in the '60s, but then all the best people got killed -- Kennedy, Kennedy, King. We were leaderless, so we elected Nixon. Every time things are clearly getting better, we decide to put an end to it. We stopped the Vietnam War, but then we voted for Reagan, and did so again. Americans are supremely suspicious of evolution and see it as a threat. Health care = mass imprisonment, somehow.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 16:03 PM
" I went to an Eagles game in San Diego a few years ago and there were easily 15k Eagles fans in the joint. Go to an NBA game and you might see a dozen fans of the visiting team. " Of course a football stadium holds a lot more people than a basketball arena. Like 80 to 100 thou, vs 15 to 20 ? There just aren't tickets available to visiting teams' fans. NBA playoff tickets are hard to come by.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 15:56 PM
" Sure the guys playing are athletes, but for 100+ million a year plus endorsements, can't anyone be?" Uh, no, that's backwards. The best players get the most money. Paying more doesn't make anyone better. NBA team salaries don't total 100 mill. "Now you're telling me that the referees, those impartial bastions of good and justness, are "influenced" by a crowd of fans?" They're human. It's a tradition dating back to the days that an empty bottle might fly at you if you don't give the home crowd what they want. We've become a more civilized society since then. "So no only is your team reliant on having a "home court" advantage to be successful at winning against the same opponent multiple times, they also require the added benefit of shady judging depending on where they happen to be playing? " Nothing of the sort. Home court is worth about 3 points in the regular season, less in playoffs. It improves the odds of winning by 10 to 20%, depending on the team. Players block more shots at home and foul more on the road. Why is that? I guess refs call one or the other occasionally, depending on the venue.
How often
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How often       06-07-2013 15:45 PM
Cayne, is that a very big spider bite on your upper back?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 11:21 AM
Why not just watch reruns of your favorite football team? Seriously, the home court advantage is less at the Finals, because the best refs tend to work the games. Refs are influenced by fans, and the better ones are influenced less (or not at all). It's quite illogical to think the better team will win every game, in any sport. The game is timed, and the winner is whoever is ahead at the time; the better team is more likely to win a game. You may guess at the odds.
M O
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > M O       06-07-2013 10:07 AM
HavingFunTogether: Do you have any idea what it means to behave decently? Do you walk around in public ranting like you want someone to take your life and put you out of your misery? Have you ever thought for a moment how stupid you make yourself look? How immature? What low self esteem you appear to have? You may as well wear a T shirt that says, "I am an idiot". Then people might excuse your insane behavior. I probably won't reply to whatever you say to this. I will probably block you. Or you could surprise me and say something coherent.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 09:33 AM
If the alleged "best team" loses 4 of 5 games, they could blame it on losing all 3 on the road while losing 1 of 2 at home ... I guess. The 22111 format involves up to 4 changes of venue. The current 232 involves 2 at most. That's a lot of people -- teams, staff, media, fans -- doing a lot more flying. Not so good for the environment. Some years ago, I did the math. As I recall, the 232 format makes it more likely that a series will go beyond 5 games.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-07-2013 09:11 AM
The Heartland Institute has a long history of peddling half-baked nonsense. Over the years, the group has dismissed the health threat posed by second-hand smoke, ridiculed the evidence for acid rain as "flimflam," and criticized the "hasty phase-out" of chlorofluoro-carbons, which were destroying the atmosphere's ozone layer. More recently, the Economist called Heartland "the world's most prominent think tank promoting skepticism about man-made climate change," and the magazine didn't mean it as a compliment. -- huffpost
M O
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > M O       06-07-2013 08:52 AM
"...the edits that I have learned from writing books 2 and 3. " Robert, since I had blocked and then unblocked you, it seems your writing has gone downhill. Your spelling has gotten so bad, it's literally impossible to read your posts.
Divorce
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Divorce       06-07-2013 08:35 AM
"In the last year I have seen 4 swinging couples end their marriages, 3 of them were for cheating. " Do you think they wouldn't have cheated if they hadn't been swinging? I guess it could be that someone just wants to cheat, and swinging lets them meet some prospects.
Smokers cost employers $6000 per year
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Smokers cost employers $6000 per year       06-07-2013 08:32 AM
These studies probably don't consider the additional cost of non-smokers who quit because of co-workers reeking of smoke. Some people will just opt to work at places that don't hire smokers, all else being equal. If the employer has to pay more because he is determined to hire smokers, to get the same caliber of employees, that's an extra outlay.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-07-2013 08:26 AM
How is the format going to change the odds? Either way, the Heat now have to win 4 of the next 6, and 3 are at home.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > AMERICA'S CUSTOMER SERVICE       06-06-2013 14:04 PM
Some Americans should pack up and go back to Europe.
Catch Phrases and Mottos we live by
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Catch Phrases and Mottos we live by       06-06-2013 12:57 PM
Life isn't fair.
Warrant vrs warrantless privacy invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Warrant vrs warrantless privacy invasion       06-06-2013 10:28 AM
Anyone who has ever lived in Chicago is a street thug! Forever!
Divorce
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Divorce       06-06-2013 10:06 AM
I'd presume it's because there's virtually no incentive to cheat, to have outside affairs in secret. Which of course leads to a shutdown of communication and other disasters.
Worst place you've had sex
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fantasies > Worst place you've had sex       06-06-2013 10:04 AM
Also on a picnic table in a campground. The mosquitoes were ravenous. We moved to the back seat of her car, with windows shut; but it was too hot and steamy. Finally finished up at the top of the playground equipment. Not quite as many skeeters up there.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-05-2013 21:41 PM
thereugo, what lies are you referring to?
Lardy at it again
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Lardy at it again       06-05-2013 18:45 PM
A smart person in the Republican Party makes the rest of them look like idiots by comparison. So they hate Christie. For being smart. And they don't just look like idiots; they are just idiots, top to bottom. What other party in the history of the world has pandered like this to the stupidest people in the country? They don't much like gays, or scientists, or scholars, or people of color, or real women, or immigrants. But stupid people? Come on down!
New York City sees surge in gun violence
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > New York City sees surge in gun violence       06-05-2013 16:25 PM
"While the weekend’s heinous gun violence might suggest the ineffectiveness of such measures, this year’s numbers are notably better than the last. According to the Daily News, the 440 shootings so far this year represent a 23 percent drop from the 574 victims in 2012."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRS and the Clueless President       06-05-2013 10:29 AM
Hmm, arch-conservative groups declare the US Government to be their enemy, declare for tax-free status for their activities, and feel "attacked" when their "social welfare only" claim is investigated. If they weren't investigated, the IRS would not be doing their job.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-05-2013 10:17 AM
Oh, I don't know. I've been in situations before where I didn't want anyone to think I was gay. In some crowds, being unclear about whether you are straight is like an invitation to think you may be gay, or bi. That's not an insult or demeaning to anyone; it's just your preference.
Terrorist act or just being a true American
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Terrorist act or just being a true American       06-05-2013 08:36 AM
"... blocks people like myself while preserving people like M...... and H.. to kick around. What can one conclude from this?" That, like most of the people here, most of the time, it's easier or more fun to just kick someone around than to continue a conversation..?
Senate Bill S 959 Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Senate Bill S 959 Pharmaceutical Compounding Quality and Accountability Act       06-05-2013 08:19 AM
" I totally disagree that the FDA should be the sole governing agency. Look at how many deaths that have occurred from the horrible side effects of the many government approved medications, ..." Greeneyes, are you saying FDA inspections make it *more* likely that contaminated drugs will reach the end user? As long as people use drugs, there will be side effects of drugs, and people will die. The FDA has the job of minimizing these risks. If the FDA doesn't inspect drug manufacturers (compounders), who does? You can probably still get your stuff cheaper from Singapore or wherever, if you want to take the risk.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sports: Football, UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, BasketBall, Baseball, soccer,etc Or any other Sport u would like to Discuss       06-04-2013 15:29 PM
Haha, thanks, that's great. LeBron stretched me out, no homo! I was sucked in to the greater context -- no homo!! So it doesn't actually seem to be a "gay slur" at all. It just means "I'm not gay" ? But with the disallowed word "homo"?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Terrorist act or just being a true American       06-04-2013 11:08 AM
"They are TELLING Europeans that they ARE taking over and plan to make them assimilate to the Muslim religion, or relocate to another country." Who is "they"? A relatively few nut jobs? We have those here in America, mostly calling themselves Christians. Here's what the East London Mosque said about "street vigilantes" calling themselves Muslims: ====== Individuals claiming to be self-styled ‘Muslim patrols’ have been harassing members of the public on the streets of east London late at night, including outside our mosque after it has closed. They have anonymously uploaded their exploits to the internet. These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord. We wholly condemn them. The East London Mosque is committed to building co-operation and harmony between all communities in this borough. The actions of this tiny minority have no place in our faith nor on our streets. Earlier this week we contacted the Police and the local authorities to alert them to the presence of these individuals and video. We advise anyone who has been harassed by these individuals to contact the Police. We will monitor the situation closely and our Imams will be speaking out against such actions. ========= This was Jan. 13, well before the murder of a British soldier. In civilized countries, we hope that cooler heads prevail in the end. If you judge entire groups by their worst members, of course you'll be at war with them.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Terrorist act or just being a true American       06-04-2013 08:20 AM
"...direct violence to non Muslims for not following Muslim (sharia law) and being afraid of walking out your front door due to the level of violence in some areas." SA, are you saying your friends and relatives in Belgium (or elsewhere in Europe) have felt threatened by Muslim mob behavior? Are you also saying there are areas where sharia law is being enforced? By vigilante courts, or what? Somehow I would have guessed that Muslims are emigrating to Europe for a better way of life; not for the same old crap. Of course there are some rabble rousers in any population. Are they really more significant than the wacko christians in this country? -- those that burn Korans, disrupt funerals, shoot abortion doctors, etc?
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-04-2013 08:04 AM
Perks, you just don't understand. When guns are your religion, faith is all that matters.
New York City sees surge in gun violence
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > New York City sees surge in gun violence       06-04-2013 08:01 AM
What am I missing here? 3 girls have been shot in the last few weeks? And that is a "surge in gun violence"?
Conversations with a
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Conversations with a       06-04-2013 07:58 AM
Fun, there's a paved walkway from a nearby parking area to the top of Clingmans, highest point in the Smokies. A friend of mine is trail-running from there to the west end of the park. Says he goes up to 30 miles in a day. Feet hurt just thinking about it.
Conversations with a
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Conversations with a       06-03-2013 23:41 PM
Don't grope me with those others.
Obamacare a nightmare
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Obamacare a nightmare       06-03-2013 12:10 PM
Don't you have to compare cost increases with those that have been happening regularly for many years now? A few years ago, out of control increases in the price of health care was widely recognized as a primary burden on home finances. Now that Obamacare is under way, some people have forgotten what was the problem all along. They want to blame the cure for their symptoms.
How much is too much
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How much is too much       06-03-2013 12:07 PM
Let me say this about that. Welcome to the forums. If your SO is not with you while you are shopping for play partners, of course it's normal for your attention to be on the field of potential players. If she/he is in the same room while you're online flirting, of course you should be able to share what's happening. If the virtual flirting is replacing your interest in your partner, then you would seem to be lacking something in your relationship. Swinging is generally recommended as an enhancement of your home sex life, not a distraction from it.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-03-2013 11:59 AM
In a billabong?
Obamacare a nightmare
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Obamacare a nightmare       06-03-2013 11:55 AM
Lucky you are that Obamacare will curtail these runaway medical expenses.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Terrorist act or just being a true American       06-03-2013 11:47 AM
SA, the interview with the Islamic extremist is interesting. But it's not very convincing that his vision of the future will come to pass. My wife's comment before heading to work was along the lines of, "Sounds like the Muslim equivalent of Christian extremists here in the US." There are US cities whose Hispanic populations have reached 25%, and which may be majority Hispanic in 20 years. There are reactionary groups in America saying this is the beginning of the end of America as we know it. Fear is the tool of evil. Whenever we hear the fear card, we are hearing from the evil side of humanity. Times change and demographics change. Not all change has to be a bad thing. If the racists and xenophobes don't like it, they can leave.