Swinger Forums

HELP
FORUMS
SexusNTexas    Posts: 7127
Last 100 Displayed

Favorite SLS profile tag line
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Favorite SLS profile tag line       04-19-2014 01:41 AM
ever watch someone seductively eat an orange? (You need to purchase my book and read the poem that alludes to that...) I need a few more witty taglines for ours. Taking suggestions.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-19-2014 01:35 AM
Congrats on the promotion. Tbr, interesting! Should I flash you my boobs if you look out your office window? No, wait. How inappropriate. Instead you'll see an almost 54 year old woman saying SQUEEEEE b/c she suddenly turned into a kid again. I may even skip now that my creaky knees are better! A graphic artist I follow (was one of his first fans to buy his first book) has an extended version of his first volume, and with an order, he did a watercolor of whatever you wanted (a character such as a Ninja Turtle, etc) and I said I wanted either Eeyore or Batman and he combined the two into a great characature! I love it. Can't wait to get it. Gina (giddy tonight...I know I'm writing non stop)
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       04-19-2014 01:27 AM
New thread in the Games section: Behind the Music.
Behind the Music
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Behind the Music       04-19-2014 01:27 AM
No, sorry, it's not an anal sex thread. In posting and reading posts in the Song To Suit Your Mood thread, I thought it might be fun to post about specific songs and the stories behind them, a la Story Behind the Picture thread. You Sexy Thing, My brother and family were visiting when we lived in Ohio, and he fell asleep on the floor after driving 12 hours. A Burger King commercial came on, and it played that song and my brother (very redneck) woke up and immediately sang along! I cannot hear that song w/o laughing.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       04-19-2014 01:23 AM
I love that song. There's a good story behind it too. Maybe a new thread... Tell Me Something Good, Chaka Kahn and Rufus, old school. One of my first 45s.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       04-19-2014 01:21 AM
well said, Shelly. Been there done that. Simple pleasure: dozing off on the couch for 12 whole minutes while Mr was watching Vikings. It was enough of a power nap to then do something more than wasn't quite so simple, but oh so pleasurable. I love my husband (sorry to be sappy, but I don't say it enough, I know) G.
Have you ever
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Have you ever       04-19-2014 01:13 AM
Yes, actually I have! I had a kind "thrower." Have also won a water balloon tossing contest, maybe that means I have soft hands. HYE Posted a pic intended for SLS and instead accidently posted it on FB or another site? (I haven't. Hope I never do!)
Name game with a TWist
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Name game with a TWist       04-19-2014 01:10 AM
Funky White Boy (give me a break...my husband fucked my brains out) Metcpl, you are so pretty!
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-18-2014 12:56 PM
From one of my favorite "guilty pleasures movie," Con Air: Garland Greene: He's a font of misplaced rage. Name your cliché; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry moments of levity actually cause him pain; gives him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       04-18-2014 12:46 PM
;)
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       04-18-2014 12:44 PM
Going to dye Easter eggs with Mr.Sexus. We do this every year, just a couple apiece, but it's always simple fun. Taking our big fuzzy kid with us to go get frozen yogurt later. He gets the last few licks from the bowl.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       04-18-2014 12:39 PM
Don't make me turn this car around, you two! (oh wait, not the momma)
Food and a trip down Memory Lane
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Food and a trip down Memory Lane       04-18-2014 12:35 PM
Hubby's childhood favorites include a devil's food cake (from scratch of course) with cherries in it. And always chocolate milk. His favorite food though, is Korean bulgogi and kimchee. The Japanese restaurant we ate at last night had the best gyoza he said he's had since leaving Japan. There is a local pizza place in my Ohio hometown and when I go to visit I always have to have some. It's the best, nostalgic taste I know. And my dad would "let" me sit on the crank ice cream maker while making homemade ice cream, once it thickened and was harder to turn. And no, I wasn't very heavy then at all.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Food and a trip down Memory Lane       04-18-2014 12:31 PM
BT, the Italian Nana food makes my mouth water...hard to find authentic Italian food in San Antonio. Kibbs, I may need to invite you to dinner. I make the sweet potato dish you described. All the Southern, Memphis area foods are what I grew up with and hated as a child, but love and miss as an adult. Although, I will never like turnip greens. I just can't.
TV Shows
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > TV Shows       04-18-2014 12:25 PM
I agree. I still think Marcy is cute. She's no Shakira though...we watch The Voice and Mr Sexus laughs at me throughout b/c I have such a crush on her!
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-18-2014 12:23 PM
OK, BT, you had me at the piano pun(s)! We'll see/meet you in the fall at some point. Are you going to make me look up the word "shuarma?" Got a lovely, low-key weekend ahead. And exciting plans for next weekend, as we'll be traveling to CA to see family and go to Disney (my first time ever!), for our tadadada...TENTH anniversary coming up!
What do you know?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What do you know?       04-18-2014 12:16 PM
Stuff about copy-editing, and how to put together a few sentences. Bunch about music trivia and gobble-de-gook about the 1970s. Not an expert in anything, but pretty diverse in knowledge and well-read. I could hold my own on Jeopardy (especially the past few years, as it's dumbed down). Eclectic amount of flotsam floating around in this brain.
Male must be well hung - a survey
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Male must be well hung - a survey       04-18-2014 12:11 PM
Nothing beats a "normal" size with a slight curve to it.
Happy Thoughts, BBW version
FORUMS > General Discussions > B.B.W. > Happy Thoughts, BBW version       04-18-2014 12:09 PM
I fit in the dress Mr.Sexus bought me when we got engaged! Summer 2003! I've only worn it twice, so I'm very happy about this. It's a beautiful sleeveless dress, pretty material, black with assymetrical tiny flowers. I'll taka a pic when I wear it.
Make up advice
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Make up advice       04-18-2014 00:22 AM
It may have been Smashbox. All I know is it felt great and I didn't feel like my skin was going to break out. I mostly used it under stage makeup. Hmmm, this might mean a research trip to Sephora tomorrow...
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       04-18-2014 00:17 AM
Maybe you can make big bucks sending them to Texas. Better yet, just bring me some.
What's the Story Behind your New Public Pic?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's the Story Behind your New Public Pic?       04-18-2014 00:15 AM
VABeach, blush.
TV Shows
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > TV Shows       04-18-2014 00:14 AM
Yay, Californication is back on! I know it's pretty stupid, but it can be fun.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-18-2014 00:09 AM
When we went to the big rodeo in Feb, we saw a VERY drunk mother driving and she got pulled over right out of the parking lot (thankfully she didn't get to venture farther). Three young kids in the back seat, none in seatbelts. The cops had her do a sad looking sobriety test, and she couldn't even stand on two legs, much less one. At any rate, she was taken away, but I wondered what happened to the kids? It's around midnight, and what do they do, do they take them to the police station? What an example for a mom. Lots of crazies. We NEVER drink and drive. Ever. One of the few times I can say nothing will ever waver on that topic.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-18-2014 00:02 AM
Nice dinner out w/ Mr, and he even went shoe shopping with me (which I hate, and I know I'm not typical). Points for him.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Food and a trip down Memory Lane       04-17-2014 23:57 PM
Kibbles, that was my dad's bedtime snack (not always buttermilk though), eaten with a spoon out of a pastel Tupperware tumbler. Remember those? My go to comfort food is usually a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, and you have to kind of smash the sandwich with a spatula. What brings back my mom and my aunts? PB and banana sandwiches. Aunt smooshed to together as a spread, Mom sliced the banana. And banana pudding, or chocolate pies cooking on top of the stove. I make them now, but not often. Gina
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-17-2014 15:50 PM
JW why we have other threads besides the Open Forum? Does anyone wander anywhere else these days?
Make up advice
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Make up advice       04-17-2014 15:47 PM
Sephora makes a very good, very light feeling primer that is quite moisturizing. Reminds me, I need to buy some. It goes on light and doesn't feel icky, sticky, or greasy. Kind of like a very nice lube. Ha. It may be in their Philosophie line, but I can check. G.
Life Is Too Short
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Life Is Too Short       04-17-2014 15:42 PM
Life is Too Short to put myself in uncomfortable situations for any reason. Life is too short not to travel for pleasure. LITS not to go see people you love and miss. Gina
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       04-17-2014 15:40 PM
New Japanese place right around the corner from us. Have had lunch there, and loved the tastes and the atmosphere. It's QUIET in there and quite lovely. Mr. and I have not had dinner out together, just the two of us, in quite some time.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       04-17-2014 15:36 PM
I think sarongs can be so beautiful. Post pics, BLT. Simple pleasure: drawing with a very basic number 2 pencil. (well, okay, not TOO basic, but you get the idea, a non-artist pencil)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's the Story Behind your New Public Pic?       04-17-2014 15:32 PM
cincy, it was a cool one! Here's just our hands entangled. I love hands.
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       04-17-2014 15:29 PM
I love water with lime. I don't know how I missed the news that limes are "endangered" right now!
Racist swinger's
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Racist swinger's       04-17-2014 15:21 PM
I get it. And while this may or may not stir up a hornet's nest, cities with military bases are usually the most racially mixed, as I've seen the military be a great equalizer of people. (no, I'm not going to start a gender "thing" here...I'll save that for the political threads). Explains VA and other areas with a majority of interracial unions. We don't think twice about it. And we are still surprised, like we were at dinner once, that there are still people who frown (literally!) on mixed race marriages.
Actor-Movie-Actor
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Actor-Movie-Actor       04-17-2014 15:07 PM
The Shawshank Redemption
Name game with a TWist
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Name game with a TWist       04-17-2014 15:06 PM
Orlando Bloom
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow       04-17-2014 15:06 PM
Yesterday, I put off sewing Today, I actually put out what I want to sew/make/mend Tomorrow, maybe I'll actually thread the machine and give it a whirl.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-16-2014 11:50 AM
It really is okay to feel good just because you want to make someone feel good. It's just a positive energy, that feeling, boomeranging back to you. It's humbling. It's joyous. It's empathic a bit. Gina
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's the Story Behind your New Public Pic?       04-16-2014 11:45 AM
we were just being silly here, but I ended up liking my legs in this one. (I'm on the far left) Getting there. Keep your pic up, VA. It's inspiring. Even the sweat.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-16-2014 11:37 AM
Sed, have I missed something...feeling good about something makes you selfish? I love the pics and the narratives and stories. Those of you who are into it, what does hematite represent? The rest I know. I have a beautiful little mother-of-pearl Bible from Jerusalem, given to me by the mother of my best friend when we were 14 (she drowned in a boating accident in 1974). It's precious to me. Gina
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-16-2014 11:34 AM
That is good news indeed HT: connections to a brief dream I had are fascinating and insightful. Yes, I believe there is meaning to be found in things most would not understand. Hippie Chick, Gina
Name game with a TWist
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Name game with a TWist       04-16-2014 11:28 AM
Hugh Laurie
Body Part of the Week
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Body Part of the Week       04-15-2014 14:49 PM
I think Proud would apply rather, maybe, than Vain. But okay:) You deserve that. Great job! I've got to post some of Mr.Sexus. Not there in the belly yet (neither of us), but his arms, chest, shoulders, back, and legs look Rahr-worthy.
vitamins?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > vitamins?       04-15-2014 14:46 PM
Maybe a couple years ago when she suggested it, I would say my eating was bad, but no longer (occasional, but not the rule). So, good to know. I may finish up the ones I have, then not buy more. I learn so much in these silly forums. Hehehe.
Finger use in the vagina.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Finger use in the vagina.       04-15-2014 14:43 PM
All sorts of touch is just great. And a variety. Mr. Sexus told a group of friends that no one has ever fisted me and he's right. Every so often we'll meet someone who makes it some sort of goal to make me "squirt." Not happening. But I like much better the ones who just touch me like I'm a fine guitar to be played. Or a piece of clay. Intricacies of touch. Some guys are masters at it, like my husband is with me (and several other women), and some guys are kind of fumbly and a too rough. There is something to be said for a thumb inserted in me though. I don't know why, but it feels great.
So, Why don't I feel better about the weight I'm losing?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > So, Why don't I feel better about the weight I'm losing?       04-15-2014 14:39 PM
THanks for that post! Funny image of throwing the scale and it being like a boomerang and coming back to hit me in the head. Ha. Got the stainless body fat, etc., scale. And back on track with the numbers. Yesterday was miserable, as for dinner we went to a Tex Mex place with friends and while I only ate about half my meal, I still felt icky and full. I no longer like that feeling. Satisfied yes. Stuffed no. Congrats on the weight loss and bettering yourself. It's encouraging. G.
What changed your mind?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > What changed your mind?       04-15-2014 14:36 PM
To take this further, when I met Mr.Sexus, I just thought he was a nicely built man with nice looking eyes, nthing over the top. But after knowing him, and then being married to him, for me he gets just better and better looking.
What changed your mind?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > What changed your mind?       04-15-2014 14:34 PM
NewtoThis, welcome. I totally agree with your post, and I said very much the same thing over the weekend. I don't feel I have a set "type." Certainly sexiness is relative. Some are quite sexy in the way they handle themselves, way they look, way they look AT me, what they say, portray, way they speak. Intelligent humor almost always gets me. Even sometimes just silliness, depending on mood. If he can "read" me, he can probably "lead" me. Good with his hands, stamina, not taking any of this too seriously. Confidence. Consideration. Able...in other words, doesn't have to ask too many questions or is fumbling around. Have met couples where my husband and I were attracted to the wife, but a bit ambivalent about the husband until we got to know him better. What my eyes behold certainly will play a part, but if my eyes just see a normal guy, neither "hot" or necessarily "sexy looking," and he is not Unattractive (because that doesn't seem to work out either), then my brain can see for me, and sexual encounters then become quite enjoyable. Turn on my brain. The rest of me dutifully follows. Initial eye contact, attractiveness (can mean a lot of things at any given time...I can better say what I feel is Unattractive). So, in a word, yes. Gina
What A Great Name For A Rockband!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What A Great Name For A Rockband!       04-15-2014 14:26 PM
Blood Moon Rising, by the Bible Forum Posters
vitamins?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > vitamins?       04-15-2014 14:24 PM
Good to know. I think my pcp suggested it for energy? I don't know. She focuses on diabetes care, so was wondering what it really did, if anything. I'm not big on putting anything artificial in my mouth. Oh ok, I should probably reword that, but you understand. I don't like taking pills of any sort. So, I can pass on that one. Thanks. I trust your info. G.
Body Part of the Week
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Body Part of the Week       04-15-2014 14:21 PM
omg VA...you didn't look quite like that back in December! But we've improved since then too, just not so dramatically. Rahr!!! Goofing with "my girls" this past weekend. We got so silly.
Whatcha reading
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Whatcha reading       04-15-2014 14:19 PM
You must be reading my mind, Scott. Here it sits on the end table, awaiting my allergy-infused eyes. I'll have to have another book to take with me on vacation though. I hate packing a Stephen King hardback. Means I have to leave out other things. LOL I liked Song of Susannah though. Especially when they meet "the writer." ;) His later books in the series all seem to start off slowly, drag a bit, then kind of suck in the reader.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       04-15-2014 14:15 PM
Not up so early today, but yesterday I was b/c my dog got sick:( he is MUCH better now! Unless you count 3AM...remnants of the blood red moon, I suspect.
If when I ever get the opportunity, I'm gonna Fill in the Blank
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > If when I ever get the opportunity, I'm gonna Fill in the Blank       04-15-2014 14:07 PM
better your head on the Legos than the souls (nod to Finger Fux) of your feet.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       04-15-2014 14:00 PM
Better Days, the Kinks Number 9 Dream, John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band...had a really weird dream when I dozed off on the couch around 9 PM last night. Full of symbols and meaning, and warnings, and then I was able to draw a pic of the main image. Cool freaky stuff.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-15-2014 13:56 PM
Thank you for all the encouraging, uplifting posts regarding my dad. It does help and we've found in all our years on here, that there are some genuinely caring people whom have become good friends. And some just through posts, and that's okay too. Some of the nicest people have been our swinger friends. When we moved, our Tuesday night group in VA threw us a going away party, complete with silly presents. None of our neighbors or "vanilla" friends did as much, so we were humbly surprised by the caring. It may be a matter of being able to be more open and honest with some of our swing friends (not everyone, of course), that sets the stage for friendship beyond the sex. Okay, blah blah blah...since giving up candy for Lent, I think I've become more sentimental, or needing some sweetness in my life...ha. FB: a chunk of money going to the IRS today. Bleh.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-15-2014 13:06 PM
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain." John Lennon, "God" "by their own hand may they be found out" a friend from HS, who got this quote from another friend, and thought it worth sharing. Don't know the original.
Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Movies       04-14-2014 00:29 AM
Saw the "second" 00 movie (not really a sequel), and liked it MUCH less than the orginal 300, which became an obsession (saw it several times). Also, today went to see Divergent. I really enjoyed the book, quite a fast read, but entertaining and a better quality YA read. The movie was good too. (and I may buy the Lego movie...or at least persuade Mr. to watch it with me...when it comes out on cable)
Whatcha reading
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Whatcha reading       04-14-2014 00:25 AM
Oh help...I have only the last book in the Dark Tower series left, do I start that one or something a little lighter (literally and figuratively!). It's not fun when you fall asleep on the couch reading every night and one of Mr. King's tomes fall on your face. Yes, I have a Kindle. But I still also like hardbacks. Ahem.
vitamins?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > vitamins?       04-14-2014 00:23 AM
What can anyone tell me about CoQ10? It was recommended for me.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-14-2014 00:20 AM
Thanks. As you guys know, it's a tough thing. It just sucks to feel helpless.
Actor-Movie-Actor
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Actor-Movie-Actor       04-14-2014 00:17 AM
Fred McMurray (I may be wrong...)
Bitch of the day, BBW version
FORUMS > General Discussions > B.B.W. > Bitch of the day, BBW version       04-14-2014 00:15 AM
New scale weighs us about 3.5 pounds more than the old one. This shouldn't matter. So, we went back and bought a higher end scale that also measures body fat, etc. Gluttons for punishment, maybe, but no longer gluttons. I know, I know. The numbers should not matter. I'm liking our progress, however slowly it happens. Last night Mr was on the bed with 4 other people and me and I looked at him and thought, DAYUM, he's got the best looking body of all. And more stamina. I guess that should be in the HAPPY thoughts segment...haha. I'm rambling. Blah blah blah. Another Bitch: movie popcorn. I like it, but I feel lousy after I eat it.
Happy Thoughts, BBW version
FORUMS > General Discussions > B.B.W. > Happy Thoughts, BBW version       04-14-2014 00:10 AM
It's really fun to trade clothes with friends and find that sizes are really strange, because what might fit one of us poorly, may look amazing on someone else. Did that a few weeks ago, and again last night with a couple friends. We have very different body types, but we still could fit in and look good in each other's castoffs. I highly recommend doing this with a group of giggling girlfriends. And of course the guys enjoyed our modeling too.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > So, Why don't I feel better about the weight I'm losing?       04-14-2014 00:07 AM
Someone help me pick a decent scale! Our old digital one weighs us a few pounds less than a new one we bought. So, while we still have the same amount of weight loss, bleh, I don't like the number. It's 170. But I did have to go shopping for new shorts. Size 14 petite. Sure beats other sizes I've been! And some misses 14's were too big! Yay! Getting there SLOWLY, but still getting there. I'm all about supporting each other, on whatever quest we follow.
Body Part of the Week
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Body Part of the Week       04-14-2014 00:03 AM
Funny Facial Expressions Week. This is my Sheldon Cooper look of hauty derision. Actually it's just an eye roll, which my kids always knew well!
What are you wearing
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What are you wearing       04-14-2014 00:01 AM
Nothing sexy: grey pj pants (well, they're quite soft and silky so okay) and a Guns N Roses t shirt!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       04-13-2014 23:59 PM
Thanks "guys." Ha. But it was a fun reason for being up late, not a negative one. I'm feeling very content. Mr. went to bed tonight by 9:30! No matter how late it is, even if we're coming home from a trip, end of a party or get together, or just anything, I still HAVE TO read for a bit, have some quiet time, and simply feel the "ahhh."
What's for Breakfast
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Breakfast       04-13-2014 23:56 PM
Mr made breakfast burritos. I only had one, but boy was it good!
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-13-2014 23:54 PM
No way could I have sung in the choir the next morning after a romping swing party...unless I joined the basses instead of the altos, or wanted to sound like Kim Carnes or Bonnie Tyler. Yes, just being silly here. But it sort of sounded a bit like a cacophonous choir here last night. We also had a great night with a couple of couples. Fun, sexy, relaxing, all the "happy thoughts" that led to this post. I feel happy.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-13-2014 23:48 PM
My dad, who is temporarily in a nursing home initially to go through rehab for his foot, is unresponsive to any communication. They sent him for MRI, CTscan and other tests, and sadly, he is in the last stages of dementia/Alzheimer's. Low brain function. Hospice was suggested for him, but my brother and I are working to get him into his state VA hospital by the end of the month. I can't call him. I can't send him anything. He has no understanding of a phone, and can no longer read cards, etc. All we can do now is hope his last days are as comfortable as possible (and by "last days," it could be up to two years). Life is too short, even at his advanced age, for me to get caught up in any sort of negativity. That's why I refuse to. My dad was a hard man, and quite hard on me, but I still love the man and consider him my hero. It's sad to me to see his decline. I know a lot of you have gone through this type thing already, especially those who are "my age." I respect and honor what you each have gone through in caring for and about aging parents. That role reversal thing is not easy. Hold close those you hold dear. Let the others go. Gina
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       04-13-2014 06:25 AM
I'm up so early b/c I haven't gone to bed yet! Glad I can "sleep in."
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-10-2014 23:48 PM
Nicely done Scott! Jinx, as per Jonny Lang, I've seen him twice as well: Once on the River in Memphis, outdoor concert, and once at a small standing only venue in Norfolk, VA. Both times amazing. Intense, talented, just all around awesome. As per zodiac signs, I'm a true Gemini and hubby is a Sagitarius, for whatever that's worth. No idea if we're supposed to be compatible or not, but we are:)
LASIK eye surgery
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > LASIK eye surgery       04-10-2014 10:30 AM
We need to start a thread called "our medical stuff" and use it to complain like our parents did when they got together with friends! hahaha.
LASIK eye surgery
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > LASIK eye surgery       04-10-2014 10:28 AM
I'm a big baby as far as going to the dentist, and I've only had one small cavity when I was 34, but have had to have crowns, etc. It's bad. And the staff at the dentist we go to, including the dentist himself, is very kind and gentle with me, even though I still pretty much panic. Mr? He's an alien when it comes to pain of any kind. He just had a deep pocket cleaning and asked for NO NOVACAIN. The man is a freak. He falls asleep too. He jumped once and the hygienist asked did she hurt him and he laughed and said, No, it tickled. Bleh. I've had nitrous only once, and it certainly helped. Okay, back to the eyes. I haven't made my appointment yet. But I will. Good luck to Mrs. SA today. G.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-10-2014 10:19 AM
Count me in. I know I could go. It's weird how that's been on my mind to do lately! I was laying out in the sun for a bit yesterday, listening to blues (Jonny Lang) and thinking along those lines. I've never been too interested in a cruise, but I'll take a beach getaway any day. So, that's a happy thought indeed. Gina
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-10-2014 10:15 AM
Kudos to all of you who have quit smoking! Mr still is cutting down little by little, but I think when he is actually ready to quit, he'd be the type to do so cold turkey. I hope so anyway. In 2006 he began smoking only outside, so that was a big relief to me. I tried it at age 17, thankfully hated it, and never picked up that habit. Good luck to all of you. I've really nothing to bitch about today either!
Finger use in the vagina.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Finger use in the vagina.       04-09-2014 14:32 PM
I do enjoy it. It really depends on technique and being able to "read" the woman's responses. Just as there are certain ways a woman can give you guys a "hand job," there are a lot of guys who can really get me off manually. I actually prefer that to oral, but that's just me.
LASIK eye surgery
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > LASIK eye surgery       04-09-2014 14:22 PM
No it shouldn't Petals, just thinking scar tissue maybe. I'll see soon enough. (Boy, full of puns, eh)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > So, Why don't I feel better about the weight I'm losing?       04-09-2014 01:30 AM
Mr and I both gained 2 pounds over the long weekend w/ my brother visiting. Okay, so, not so long ago I would've taken that to mean I "couldn't do it" and use it as an excuse to eat. But not anymore. We're back on track, and will keep progressing, knowing we don't and won't do this perfectly, but proud that we are doing it at all. I currently weigh 167 and Mr. is at 197. I find it very liberating to tell my true weight. Now, about the height..I still really am 5'2" but sls still won't list that as my height. haha.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-09-2014 01:25 AM
VABeach, regarding the blank "taking a break" profiles, remember when a certain person put "see you in church" in every single answer on their profile? hahaha. Memories...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-08-2014 23:36 PM
Oh, Petals, I would buy a ticket if you'll get into the politics threads! And glad we agree on some stuff too;)
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-08-2014 23:31 PM
See? Even Mrs. Grammarian writes a poorly constructed paragraph from time to time! :P
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-08-2014 23:29 PM
I hate making a decision that either way there isn't really a happy "ending." Like those "lesser of two evil" kinds of decisions. Sucks all the way around. Also, I really hate it right this minute that I gave up candy for Lent! Chocolate is calling my name! (or maybe that's one of those blessing in disguise things). I don't want to get into another religious debate (God forbid, pardon the pun),but I do give up two things for Lent every year: 1. and external bad-for-my-health thing, or something I'm sort of addicted to, like one year potato chips, and 2. and internal personal thing that is bad for my spirit thing. It has never been a religious thing, it's more a self-discipline thing. But I hope there's a Godiva truffle or a Dove Bunny in my Easter Basket this year! And maybe the pear Jelly Belly beans that have been sitting on the shelf tempting me for two months. I'm not Candy-deprived enough to ever eat a Peep though...I do have some standards. LOL Gina
LASIK eye surgery
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > LASIK eye surgery       04-08-2014 23:14 PM
Thank you everyone! I take everyone's experiences with it under advisement. Mr. Sexux had it done some years back and has always been happy with it. Started needing readers about a year ago (when he turned 50!) if it's dark in the room, etc. I had eye surgeries as a baby and small child, so we'll see. As it is now, I can't even read the big E. I'm supposed to call and make a consult appointment this week hopefully for some time in May. It's still scary, but not as much so since you guys have all posted. Thanks again
LASIK eye surgery
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > LASIK eye surgery       04-08-2014 11:27 AM
Mr told me yesterday to go ahead and make a consult appointment. Kind of nerve wracking, but then I figured my eyes can't get any WORSE, right? Does anyone know how allergens affect lasik eyes afterwards? Thanks.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-08-2014 11:19 AM
Petals, there have always been people in here who amusingly stir things up and have fun. But they do so in intelligently sarcastic ways, and those of us who have equal or higher intelligence see through it and play along. Sadly for you, your attempt does not come across that way. My opinion. Others with your mentality will find fun in it. I choose not to. G.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-08-2014 11:16 AM
Your disclaimer below just shows how insecure and immature you are. It's just silly.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       04-08-2014 11:14 AM
Mr. Sexus retired from USAF after 20 years and went right back into serving his country and continues to do so now. Nowhere and in no way does he ever feel the need or desire or inclination to be so loudmouthed and know-it-all in a sex forum, disrespectful, hypocritical, or just plain rude. I will never comprehend the "in your face" attitudes or what they hope to accomplish here. If it's to alienate people with whom you may have once had an attraction, then you've accomplished your goal. If it's to show your true colors, then you've managed that as well. Being louder than others doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong. I am thankful now that we will not have the chance to meet. We have had enough brutish people in our lives, and life is too short to add any further. If you think that blasting people with all caps insults shows your intelligence in any discussion, you are sadly mistaken, and quite wrong. You're just being a bully. The best we can do with that/those, is to ignore them. I've known Sed for years now, and I can guarantee that she has never once had her ass handed to her. She is sitting in amusement that she has gotten you to be so worked up over her. The same way I sit in amusement when people become obsessed with something I've done or said, yet think I am instead obsessed with them. As FF would have said, Peace Out, Dude. Gina
The greatest history book, the bible
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The greatest history book, the bible       04-08-2014 11:02 AM
And hypocrites.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The greatest history book, the bible       04-08-2014 11:01 AM
I was going to state what FunAhoy stated below. Jesus even condemned an olive tree to no longer bear fruit. And money changers who were defiling the temple. And those who boasted about their righteousness, their piety. Okay, I think that's going to be all from me on this, but it's fun debating. Gina
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The greatest history book, the bible       04-07-2014 09:43 AM
hahahaha. Good one, VA. Now I supposed someone will create a whole new denomination from that. ;) Since when has anyone received an actual answer to a question here? Yours may be the very first! It's either creative non-fiction or historical fiction, or whatever you want to deem it. The sad thing is that there are so many people that feel they have to believe every single word is undeniable truth. When there are stories that are just stories, parables, fables, etc. That's where you have to be willing to research. There are contradictions, etc. Someone once told me to use it as a mirror, to reflect back to yourself your life. I don't know. Sometimes there are things in it that bring peace, or calmness, sometimes reads like an action/adventure story. Sometimes a love song. Sometimes an admonition, and so on. Whatever you want/need to get from it, you can. Boy, that sounds vague and tolerant. LOL Gina
LASIK eye surgery
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > LASIK eye surgery       04-07-2014 09:22 AM
What is blended procedure? Is that one eye for up close and one for distance? Tell Mrs. SA I'll be thinking of her and wishing her well with it. I also can't even see the big E, and still am on the fence, but climbing over to the side of lasik. I'm a little scared of it, but figure my eyes are so bad, they really couldn't be any worse. I've worn glasses since age 2, and contacts several years, now I'm back to mostly glasses b/c they're just more comfortable, but my vision is terrible. Had several eye surgeries as a child. I'd love to see the notes on sheet music better (again), and not strain my eyes so much reading. I'm going to look into it this summer. There's a very good, well respected lasik doc here that would love to help my eyes. I took a friend to get hers done, and he was insistent that he could help mine, and called his whole office staff over to view a quick exam of my eyes. Yeah, I guess they're that uniquely bad! haha. (I was supposed to be blind as a baby) Does that mean if I get lasik, I may change my swing preferences to be more strict on appearance b/c I'll actually be able to see your faces? Hehehe Good luck to all of you who are having procedures done. Gina
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The greatest history book, the bible       04-07-2014 09:12 AM
While I didn't read all the posts below, I do enjoy this type of discussion. As for the concept of God, I was raised in a fundamentalist S.Baptist home and church, and innately didn't believe all I was taught, BUT I did grow up believing in a God that was harsh, rigid, punishing and rule-oriented. No way could I ever hope to measure up. What I learned later, is that God can be anything you need him (her, it) to be. Do you need a loving father? Do you need forgiveness? Do you need a friend? We can plug God into any empty space in our lives, if that's how we choose to live. I had to change my concept of God into something more useful and meaningful in my life. I have a need to be loved unconditionally. Does God "cause" or "allow" suffering in this world? That's always up for grabs. I don't really know. The jealousy mentioned usually refers to God wanting the people, nation, individual to remain faithful to Him only, to worship Him only, to have nothing and no one else before Him. That can be seen as loving, or it can be seen as restricting and possessive. Depends on your own personal experiences which viewpoint you see. Is it because he loves and wants to take care of us? Or because he wants to punish us for disobedience. In a way, you can compare it to sub/Dom life. Do you put yourself completely in your partner's hands because you trust him and he loves you and would never hurt you and knows what's best? Or do you put yourself into his hands because you fear him? I've lived in both these experiences, and I will have to say that I am more willing and able to put myself into someone's hands whom I trust to love and take care of me, the way I trust and love my husband now. It's very similar in concept, if you can think deeply enough. Religion has very little to do with Spirituality. I've studied both the Old and New Testaments and have read the Bible through more than once. Use the History books in the Bible as such. The Kings, Numbers, etc., The Chronicles, are all recorded history. There's an excellent breakdown of chapters in the Bible, study that out. Poetry, wisdom, history, prophecy, letters, notations, records, Jesus' life and teachings, and so on. It wasn't written so that people can pull out a verse or two and make a whole religion from it(them). Or an agenda. It's a good guide. My beliefs are personal and internal. If you like to sit and discuss faith, etc., then I certainly will do so. But I will never impose my beliefs on anyone. I do like an intelligent and respectful conversation about such though. I think it's wise and will be even more fulfilling, to read through the Bible before you go back to your Promised Land, Sed. It may make that trip even that much more memorable for you. It's added depth to your practical understanding of the land and its people. I wish you safe and incredible travels. I'd love to sit and talk with you more about this whole thing. Gina
Couples or singles who seek ONLY younger playmates.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Couples or singles who seek ONLY younger playmates.       04-07-2014 08:46 AM
Since I've often been the oldest woman in the room, it's kind of practical we gravitate towards young 'uns. But we don't actively "seek" anyone. If there's an attraction, there's an attraction and we go from there.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-07-2014 08:42 AM
Belated congrats to Carrie's son. I've enjoyed anytime we've gotten to spend with him. HT: After only 3 full days, I'm kind of happy my brother left this morning to drive back home:) Nice visit, but nice to have the peace and quiet again. G.
BBW accepted or not
FORUMS > General Discussions > B.B.W. > BBW accepted or not       04-07-2014 08:31 AM
Welcome to the forums!
NOLA 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > NOLA 2014       04-03-2014 00:55 AM
Where is Mr. Petals? (shhhh....sorry)
Body Part of the Week
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Body Part of the Week       04-03-2014 00:52 AM
Kiss in the airport last year.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       04-03-2014 00:50 AM
HT: I made Mr Sexus smile big time tonight b/c my first download on instant video was a Star Trek episode! Rocking my inner geek/nerd.