Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 12615
Last 100 Displayed

Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-11-2024 13:34 PM
As for the numbers... Imagine a scenario where a country throws 1 million soldiers east and 1 million soldiers west. The adversary on the west suffers 100,000 losses. The adversary on the east suffers 4 million. The adversary on the east then uses this statistic to claim they did almost everything. While I know this is an imperfect analogy because the USSR did face the largest land force, the point of this is to feed the ever-growing rehabilitation of the USSR within Russia, and that the other "allies" did next to nothing, which is simply untrue. The USSR - like Russia before and since the USSR - has always suffered disproportionate casualties in war due to their general incompetence and willingness to send disorganized and unprepared soldiers to their deaths, because who cares? We have so very many more. And we'll ignore the fact that at least 1/3 of the claimed WW2 deaths were due to starvation and disease, not bullets or bombs. USSR/Russia are awesome and "the west" sucks ass. That's what you're meant to take away from that.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-11-2024 13:22 PM
I was more referring to the statement that late-Stalinist USSR was considered "attractive" by anyone.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-11-2024 06:58 AM
Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Grushko's interview with RT (April 4, 2024) "The establishment of NATO resulted from the panic that gripped Western elites due to the growing authority, power and attractiveness of the Soviet Union, a country that bore all the burdens of World War II almost single-handedly, ensuring the Victory [over Nazi Germany]." Ummm....
Who is fishing?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Who is fishing?       04-11-2024 04:20 AM
I do have a funny fishing story though. In I think July 2000 our family was fishing near a dam on Buckhorn Lake near Peterborough, Ontario. My line on my spinning rod became tangled and I tried using my keys to pull it apart. Big mistake. They slipped out of my hand and fell into the lake. I was so upset. But I also didn't give up that easily. I got in the car (wife had her keys) and we drove to a hardware store where I bought some magnets, tape, and a length of rope. I was going to go "fishing" for my keys. I lowered it in and found the bottom, almost 30 feet (given the length of rope I had). I began to feel stupid, like - what was I thinking? I'm probably if anything going to find some garbage or a metal structure associated with the dam. I began kind of bouncing the magnets around on the bottom. People started asking what I was doing. "Fishing for steelhead". Nobody got the joke. "Give it up buddy". Then I felt it. The weight of something on the line. I carefully pulled it up and BAM. I had my keys back. I'm probably not the only person to lose their keys in that lake. But I'm probably the only person to ever get them back.
Who is fishing?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Who is fishing?       04-10-2024 16:21 PM
I used to fish at times. Mostly when I was in Canada. Would catch bass or perch, clean 'em and cook 'em. I might fish again one day, but it'll be the rich guy version where someone else deals with whatever I bring in.
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       04-10-2024 16:15 PM
Donald Trump is at the house of a neighbor of ours today. We forgot our son was coming over and hence didn't warn him that there was extra security entering our neighborhood. Secret Service stopped him and demanded to know who he was and where he was going. He was a little taken aback.
The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-06-2024 17:31 PM
You are an abject liar Marion. I said no such things you insufferable anal wart. And you know it. It is simply a spectacle to behold. Period. For the final time. If your jaded self doesn't appreciate natural phenomena like this, I don't care. Go back and jerk off again all over your MAGA hat.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-06-2024 16:15 PM
"I can see the exact same thing 365 days a year. Just go outside in the evening and watch as the Earth rotates me around and eclipses the sun." Yeah. The exact same thing. I think I need to go back to no longer reading the Politics thread.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       04-06-2024 07:45 AM
HT: I don't know a single person spreading conspiracy theories or religious nutbaggery about the eclipse. BF: we will miss this one's totality. HT: we will, assuming we still live here, experience an incredible 6 minutes of totality on August 12, 2045.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-06-2024 07:43 AM
Ok so your concern is the behavior of people, not something the eclipse itself will do. Yeah OK it's a shadow. And a nuclear weapon is a firecracker. You are obviously free to feel however you like about it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-05-2024 19:21 PM
Why would anyone be worried or scared, except maybe that some religious nutter does something stupid?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-05-2024 16:03 PM
"As far as the ones who want to make a big deal it of , cool... have fun. Shadows stopped scaring me when I was 3 and stopped entertaining me when I was 10." Either you're trolling or you haven't the slightest idea what it's like to experience a total eclipse.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-05-2024 04:15 AM
Right, you didn't. But grazing partial eclipses don't generate this kind of buzz. They don't cause mass movements and gatherings of people, disrupt schedules, etc. Total eclipses are very special. I don't know if you saw the 2017 one (we did), but if you didn't get to experience that and it's not too late to somehow see this one in totality, do it. There is a world of difference between 99% and 100%.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-04-2024 19:17 PM
So Mickey says we are going to be fooled by the eclipse? Is that all he says, or is he more specific about what it is we will witness?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-04-2024 19:16 PM
"On average I think that the US experiences 3 or 4 eclipses a year....: Not total eclipses of the sun. Before this one, the last visible in the lower 48 was the one in 2017. Before that, it was February 26, 1979, and that one was only visible (in totality) in the northwest. The next one won't be until Aug 23, 2044, but only around Montana. I am looking forward to the one after that, though. Aug. 12, 2045. If I still live here, I'll just have to walk outside.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-04-2024 17:04 PM
A great quote I saw today. "Everthing is a conspiracy to those who don't understand anything."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-04-2024 17:03 PM
"You and millions of others will be duped over this Eclipse." Wait... ...wait wait wait wait... .. is someone here claiming that... the eclipse isn't going to happen? Or that what we will witness is not an eclipse? Or... what? I didn't realize eclipses were now conspiracy theories, except for flat earthers.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-04-2024 17:01 PM
"LOL" High value reply.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-04-2024 04:17 AM
You've specifically said the 3 words "Trust the science" many many many times, as if you're repeating a standalone slogan, like "Maybe she's born with it" or "Breakfast of Champions". A sentence that contains the words "trust science" consecutively doesn't quite hit the mark. I'm not saying no scientist has ever said it, although I can't find an example. So who are you quoting/repeating? The only thing even close I can find I'd the managing editor of the AAMC asked a question in an interview with Fauci where she used the phrase, although Fauci didn't directly address the words and she herself doesn't have a science background.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-03-2024 18:17 PM
As you might guess, I really don't like the idea of industry-specific minimum wages. Why not grocery baggers? Crossing guards? WalMart workers? Why target one industry?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-03-2024 18:15 PM
Flip You've said "trust the science" sarcastically dozens of times. Can you find even one example of a scientist saying it? I've been unable to. As far as I can tell it's only politicians, commentators, journalists and idiots saying it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-30-2024 07:37 AM
BF: an old crown came off a molar while flossing last night. Double BF: of *course* that would happen on a Friday at 7 pm, when nothing can be done about it for the longest possible time. HT: at least it isn't uncomfortable.
COMING OUT AS SWINGERS
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > COMING OUT AS SWINGERS       03-29-2024 15:04 PM
Absolutely none of our vanilla friends know and we intend to keep it that way. The only person in our family that knows is our daughter, who found out accidentally more than 10 years ago. We had a short conversation about it and it's never come up again since.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       03-27-2024 08:26 AM
This is the dry season here and the grass barely grows. But our landscapers are out every week anyway, cleaning up the leaves and sticks and debris, and giving the lawn a quick once-over, which also helps keep fast-growing weeds at bay.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-27-2024 08:24 AM
"Honestly, I expect that either the Ukraine or Israel are actually behind the attacks." Of course you do. Can't wait for the bridge collapse theories. I'm already seeing some out there...
Covid destroys the flu.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Covid destroys the flu.       03-26-2024 14:32 PM
I saw this being widely distributed in the Moronosphere, so I expect it'll appear here soon. When it does, just point them to the link below. In short, the claim is: "Japan has just banned Covid mRNA shots for public use and called on other nations to follow suit after an official government study tied the injections to the nation’s soaring sudden deaths." In actuality, Japan is ending (at the end of the 2023 FY, which ends March 31, 2024) unrestricted free COVID shots. They will remain free for certain people (over 65, certain health conditions, etc) but for "normal" people, it won't be free. w ww.japantimes.c o.jp/news/2023/09/09/japan/science-health/japan-free-covid-vaccinations-end-march/
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-25-2024 16:10 PM
FB: scam callers. I get 1-2 *every day* from "American Solar". HT: Mrs took my keys, leaving hers... ... which has a police whistle on it. :) (me muttering) "SIR could you speak up?! (Weakly) "sorry can you hear me?" (They turn up their volume) "Sir try again" "Is that better?" "Yes Sir. I -" TWEEEEEEEEEE "OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER"
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-25-2024 11:45 AM
The ability to conceive of a conspiracy is not evidence of that conspiracy.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       03-23-2024 11:01 AM
The WTF angle of this is - what's ISIS's Afghanistan branch have going on with Russia? I had no idea that ISIS would even consider such a thing. This is apparently the attack US intelligence warned of some weeks ago. At least 133 killed in a terrorist attack on a concert hall in Moscow. All suspects detained however appear to be Caucasian and have slavic names. So... I must really be missing something about the demographics of ISIS recruiting.
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       03-23-2024 10:49 AM
A lot of theaters show matinees of older movies with cheap tickets prices, and they don't even advertise them - you need to go to their site to find out. For instance while our local Cinepolis is showing first run movies as you'd expect, over the next week they are also showing Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Mad Max, Star Wars Episode I, 50 First Dates, and The Big Lebowski.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-21-2024 11:58 AM
"Lmao Try more like 17%." We now live in a time where if your gut tells you something that conflicts with data, you go with your gut. Made-up numbers are just as good as real numbers.
How About Haiti coming to you
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > How About Haiti coming to you       03-20-2024 10:43 AM
"yep nobody knew how he won but he won ." Is that a Trump quote or did someone come up with that brilliance all by themself?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-20-2024 04:56 AM
For some it's injuries, and others they just don't train. I wasn't any different when I was younger. I just showed up and threw. Idk how sedentary these guys are not on the ball field, but most are athletic for sure, or seem to be. I'm pretty sure I exercise more than almost all of them, but I do it out of necessity.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-19-2024 08:53 AM
HT: Another good outing for me on the mound for my 25+ team. I've had to pick up most of the team's pitching since our other primary pitcher is out for the season for a rotator cuff. FB/WTF I'm on a team where the next oldest pitcher is 31 - almost 20 years younger than me - and the next oldest player is 36 - and I'm the only one whose arm is in shape to throw more than 1-2 innings a week.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       03-15-2024 14:50 PM
"I'm so very happy that y'all think I'm pulling for Russia here .. " It's not that anyone necessarily thinks you're pulling for Russia. It's just obvious you're reading someone who is and wants you to say "IDGAF about Russia or Ukraine or NATO. I just don't want to pay for it."
US Solar Eclipse April 8 2024
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > US Solar Eclipse April 8 2024       03-14-2024 12:33 PM
We will miss this one in totality. We saw the 2017 one from western NC. To anyone who has the opportunity to do so: do it. You'll never forget it. 100% eclipse is completely different than even 99% eclipse. Also, get your glasses NOW.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-14-2024 11:38 AM
Peghey, what I remember you most for, of all things, is your response to BobbyUSA's story of the asian hooker who showed up demanding money, and while he ran to the ATM the cops showed up and arrested her. "Peeing my pants". I have looked and looked for that story. Unable to find it.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       03-14-2024 11:33 AM
He wasn't in it the entirety of his life. When he was younger he was able to exit it for several hours at a time. He went to school and got a law degree, and ran a law practice. As he got older he was again confined to the iron lung full-time.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       03-14-2024 08:48 AM
Paul Alexander, 78, believed to have been the last person still in an iron lung from the polio pandemic of the 1950s.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-13-2024 21:50 PM
Holy shit! Peghey! Hey babe!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       03-13-2024 15:56 PM
In mid-2020, a medical practice in New Jersey asked us to conduct a compliance audit for them. I normally don't like these projects, because it usually means: 1. They are in trouble somehow. 2. Being in trouble somehow, they are a payment risk, as they might be bankrupted or have their assets seized without us being paid. 3. They usually are hoping we will tell them they are doing fine, and become combative when we tell them they are not. Because of this, these cases usually end with them ignoring our advice and then later being in jail or otherwise shut down. Anyway, same deal. They paid us a retainer, paid us for a little bit of advice, and then shut the project down. We ended up only getting abojt $1,100 from them. Contact ended early 2021 after less than 6 hours of work. Well.... Now the state government of New Jersey has contacted us to examine our business relationship with them. They claim their records indicate we have been advising them continuously since 2020. This is not true. They are demanding years of our internal corporate records as part of their investigation. Again - this is why I hate projects like this... these assholes are attempting to blame us for whatever trouble they've gotten themselves into.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       03-11-2024 11:32 AM
Hungarian president Viktor Orban has said that Trump has disclosed his plan to end the war in Ukraine. This plan is to completely cut off support to Ukraine, not just from the US, but from all other countries. Ok then...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-09-2024 05:39 AM
"I would largely disagree with that statement..." I'll actually withdraw it. Concerns about one were growing into 2022 but then subsided.
What is new in Q weirdness
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > What is new in Q weirdness       03-09-2024 05:33 AM
That qalerts sits is working. Thanks.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-08-2024 17:19 PM
"Communism" is where capital is owned by the government who controls, or has the authority to control, all aspects of the economy. "Socialism" is a term so broad that without some explanation is meaningless. Practically every country has "socialism" to some extent. I bristle at any more "socialism" than we need. But then again, so does almost everyone. Where our differences lie is in what we consider to be the right amount of socialism. I prefer only a little. Some prefer more. Some prefer much more.
Covid destroys the flu.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Covid destroys the flu.       03-08-2024 16:23 PM
Lol oh wow. Someone who gives attaboys to Andrew *and* Mickey?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-08-2024 16:20 PM
"I think communism could work on a very small scale." It depends on what you mean by "work". One could argue the USSR and other eastern bloc countries "worked". They were horribly inefficient, cruel, and always lagging behind, but they managed to more or less plod along, at least for a while. A shoddy car with a severe oil leak, almost gone clutch and other problems might still be able to get you from point A to point B, but it's still a shitty car. Nobody in here that I have seen, since Robert_Hil anyway, has ever defended communism.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-08-2024 16:15 PM
"In other news, the February jobs report is out. 275,000 jobs created." Very aggressive job growth and/or very low unemployment isn't very good either, because it can spark a wage/price spiral, which was a huge driver of the 2021-2022 inflationary problem. Interest rates will likely stay up if bringing them down threatens to cause that again. For now, anyway.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-08-2024 07:49 AM
The MAGA or MTG loonies use "communist" as a byword to describe anything they don't like. When you attempt to explain it to them they call you... yep, you guessed it COMMUNIST!
Useless Poll
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Useless Poll       03-08-2024 00:40 AM
I'm left handed, and come to think of it, I normally put on my right sock or shoe first. But I'm odd that way. I also 100% bat/golf/hockey right-handed. Ambidextrous with racquet sports.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > What is new in Q weirdness       03-08-2024 00:32 AM
Remember the movie The Money Pit? House is taking forever to complete the renovations, and every time anyone asks how long until it's finished, the answer is always "two weeks".
Useless Poll
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Useless Poll       03-07-2024 04:04 AM
Correction: I watched the clip again, and it was Michael Stivic.
Useless Poll
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Useless Poll       03-07-2024 04:01 AM
The only person I've ever heard of that would do sock/shoe/sock/shoe is Archie Bunker.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-07-2024 03:57 AM
"I think that says more about the company you keep rather than the base of Trump voters." That's quite possible.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-06-2024 15:12 PM
In my experience most Trump voters to-be aren't MAGA. They actually can't stand Trump, but see him as less of a problem for them and their lives than they do for Biden, so they will hold their nose and vote for him. I know very few people like the lunatics in here.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > What is new in Q weirdness       03-06-2024 15:10 PM
Is there a site somewhere that has a chronological list of all the Q drops that won't give my device AIDS or have the NSA flag me as a terrorist?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-03-2024 20:50 PM
Even if that were true... The US has not had a single year where deaths were higher than births. 2020 and 2021 were very close, however. By 2022 we were back to a net growth of 400k. This is natural growth rate i.e. not due to immigration. You seem to have a different concept of "depopulation". Depopulation should mean that a significantly higher number of people are dying than being born. This is not happening. Not even close. Your credibility is zero. You have worked hard to achieve that. Congrats.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       03-03-2024 17:43 PM
Only an idiot would believe that there is an effort to depopulate the world. We have many ways of doing so that would actually kill huge numbers of people, as opposed to some tiny uptick in cancer cases. For all the moronic claims that we are trying to kill off 80% of the population, which we've been hearing for years, you'd think that at some point you'd actually begin to see a large decline- or any decline - in world population. Err... nope.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       03-03-2024 14:25 PM
I know right now I sound like one of those atheists who harasses everyone who isn't. I assure you this is not the case, and my speaking up about such things is normally limited to people trying to codify their faith in law. But back to the poor child.... do you, if you pray, really believe that your prayer improves the odds of a positive outcome for a kidnapped child? If so, why is she dead? Clearly thousands of people prayed- or said they prayed - for her safe return. Was it not enough people? Were the prayers not good enough? Did God decide to just ignore them? I'm sure that few believers will likely say they know, or can know, the answer to that question. Again, the reason I believe this matters is because their faith guides their actions and inactions. As is the case with any problem-solving approach, your result is only going to be as good as your method, your assumptions, and your data. These things have a cumulative effect on us all.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       03-03-2024 14:17 PM
Well, to me praying instead of medical care for your kid isn't intentional harm, but I think it warrants intervention. When I was perhaps 10, my 7 year old brother stole something of mine. I dont remember what, just that it was something easily identifiable, such as my 1983 Reggie Jackson baseball card. The facts that I had such a card and he didn't were not in question. Neither were the facts that I no longer had one and he now did. My parents trying to resolve this pressed him for an explanation. He had once. "I wished for it." My parents were stuck with what to do about this. He pushed on, insisting that he had been taught that prayers can be answered. This was clearly the case. What's the matter Mom and Dad, don't you believe that God grants wishes? They didn't know what to do. They knew he was full of shit but couldn't admit it. In the end, he kept the object in question. I wonder if courts have ever accepted such a defense?
Political Sex Play
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Political Sex Play       03-03-2024 12:55 PM
Google Norfolk Craigslist Pat Robertson for a really, REALLY good laugh. Actually I'll save you the trouble. Kempsville is a neighborhood in Chesapeake, VA, where we once lived. Middle aged bored couple (Kempsville) Both male and female late 40’s seek adventurous couple for fun times. We seek another couple for a night of fun so we can check off another on our bucket list. We would like the man to dress up and play the part of Pat Robertson and the female to wear a tight blue dress and act like she is a sales spokesperson on Home Shopping channel. My husband I would be naked and making love in our bed all the while Pat Robertson will be constantly attempting to save our souls and the female to have ongoing dialogue trying to sell us an Ab Rocket in 3 easy payments. We are open to possibly videoing the event as long as each of you sign a disclaimer. Pl;ease place the word “damnation” as subject line.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       03-03-2024 12:51 PM
I try not to knock on what others believe, but I find myself unable to if, for instance, them doing so can influence what actions they might take/not take to solve a problem. For instance, if someone wants to pray - however openly - that God cures their kid's cancer, that's fine with me. If that person then believes so strongly that God will, in fact, cure their kid's cancer if they just demonstrate enough faith, for example by not having them treated by a doctor, that's NOT fine with me. I think to some extent it does influence many decisions, and that can be a problem. However, in response to my JW's, I think in the case of many people, they don't put the situation in the hands of God because, deep down, they have doubts that there is any validity to the concept.
Political Sex Play
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Political Sex Play       03-03-2024 10:44 AM
That sounds like about as much fun as doing tax accounting while getting my dick sucked. While it would make doing tax accounting more enjoyable, it would be a real downer from the getting my dick sucked angle.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       03-03-2024 10:43 AM
Former Prime Minister of Canada (1984-1993) Brian Mulroney, 84.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       03-03-2024 10:39 AM
The JW comes at the end... In sad, local to me news, the body of missing 13-year old Madeline Soto has been found, and attention has been focused on the hideous material found on the phone of her mother's husband. It has been a frequent topic in the news here. Every post on social media before her body was found was all riddled with comments about praying, asking God for her safe return, etc. Now, those same people are praying for her family. I am certain that if she'd turned up safely having crashed at a friend's house because she was mad her phone got taken away those same people would have been praising God for answering their prayers. JW#1: why aren't those people ever disappointed when God doesn't come through for them? If they praise God when he does, why don't they complain when he doesn't? JW#2: do people think that God would go back in time and make her not dead prior to her body having been found? Keep in mind that for her to have turned up safe, that's what would need to have happened. JW#3: if so, why not ask God to breath life back into her dead body, Lazarus-style?
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       03-02-2024 06:44 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if Trump's idea is to deliberately put us on a path to either a war with Russia or a massive materiel provision leading to Ukrainian victory, in either case leading to him getting credit for the win. Essentially it's not as much about Russia winning as it is Joe Biden losing.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       03-01-2024 11:53 AM
Eat Me Drink Me Kiss Me Kill Me ~ Pop Will Eat Itself
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       02-29-2024 04:15 AM
We most definitely did not notice that. Very interesting.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       02-25-2024 07:24 AM
From a single female: "I need a big dick in me to tuck me here. Need it to be a bug dick" I think a bug dick and a big dick are not going to be the same dick.
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       02-24-2024 14:54 PM
As for Barbie... spoilers... I found the sociopolitical message a little tired and overplayed. But I found the positives to be extremely rewarding. The Barbieland world was spectacular. The goofiness of it all - floating from place to place, undersized cars, the way Ken does nothing but beach. Hysterical. Ryan Gosling stole the show. Never occurred to me that as vapid and pointless as "stereotypical Barbie" is, Ken is actually even worse. He is nothing more than Barbie's arm candy.
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       02-24-2024 14:49 PM
What was interesting to me the 2nd time around was the much earlier appearance of the woman on the lawn than I noticed the first time, often distant and out of focus. Also, changes (or even absence) of the Corvette's license plate. I can't figure out the title either. Maybe it's meant to mean like a cheap, thin covering on what's really underneath? I don't know. From a Google search: “The linoleum is the floor that was present, and it’s kind of this dull flooring that you see in many different environments: in the basement, in the kitchen, in the doctor’s office,” Jim Gaffigan says.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       02-24-2024 14:44 PM
We had a guy who did painting in our rentals whose name was Rafael. He never understood why we found that amusing. But while he did most of the heavy lifting, his wife did all the edge work. He'd spend two days painting a house and then call his wife to do the edges. She'd zip through the house doing every single edge perfectly freehand. I'd never seen anything like it. Cue the jokes about his wife doing the edging for him.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-24-2024 13:09 PM
Trump himself isn't the problem; he's the result of the problem. The problem is demand for populism, emotionally-based arguments, complete disregard for factuality in discussion if it presents a problem for you, and a willingness to embrace authoritarianism so long as you feel like you personally will be happier that way. He is simply selling what people are demanding. This is not an exclusively right or left wing phenomenon. The world has many examples, left and right, of authoritarian regimes who came to power through populism and a promise to get "them". Who "them" is depends on your particular brand of populism. This country was prepared to reelect Trump in 2020, as nauseated as many felt with the prospect. Generally speaking things were (mostly) going relatively well, and the crazy stuff many predicted did not come to pass. We did not get involved in a major war, we were not rounding up "them" and gassing them in our own Auschwitz. He could have used the pandemic to help him cruise to victory, allowing the markets to go through a much-needed correction while having the pandemic to blame for it. If he wasn't the kind of person he is, he could have easily rallied everyone around him. But he didn't. He chose to embrace conspiracies, nuttery, and to try to turn it into a wedge issue. He then began to behave in ways that threatened our democracy itself, exacerbated further in his lame duck phase. The fact that people are willing to reelect someone who behaved like that blows my mind. Donald Trump the president didn't lose to Joe Biden, whom most people do not really like all that much. He lost to Donald Trump the man. Where we go now, I don't know. Can he win this year? Very possible. I really hope not. The kind of president I want isn't on the ballot, so I'd prefer a left wing doddering goober over a... whatever Trump is. He isn't even a conservative, really. He doesn't care about God and guns and gays and evolution in schools or abortion. But he'll pay lip service to people who do to get their votes. He's just telling people what they want to hear.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       02-24-2024 12:50 PM
You are right. It's Valspar. So the right thing to Google is valspar 8003-21C And yes, the paint color's name is "More Cowbell".
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-24-2024 11:38 AM
"I was referring oo your opinion about conservatives." Anyone who's been here any appreciable amount of time such as tbr considers me to be a conservative. Don't confuse my opinion of "conservatives" with what you're actually hearing, which is my opinion of MAGA lunatics and/or idiots. As for your list - I'm under no obligation to engage in extensive debunks of things you just pull out of your ass.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       02-24-2024 11:35 AM
Did you google the color name?
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-24-2024 08:54 AM
So we are still on about this idea that the price tag reported is what it actually costs us. We aren't putting pallets of cash into C17s and shoving them out the side over Ukraine. It's not accurate to consider $100 billion in military aid to be a $100 billion spend, since buying things from US companies means profits for US companies, salaries paid to US employees who then spend their money, and taxes on the income and purchases. Around 40-50% of the money is recovered back. This is reduced even further considering that most of what we'd be giving is old stock material and replacing it with new ones, something we do anyway. For instance, most of the ATACAMs missiles we have sent over were manufactured as early as 1996 and lack GPS capabilities; these aren't even usable in our current systems and were slated to be scrapped anyway. Kind of like giving someone your 2004 Toyota Corolla and saying you're giving them $24,000 (the cost of a new one), when really it's worth maybe $2,000. The actual cost to the US government, above and beyond normal procurements and materiel replacements, on something like this is around $20 billion of $100 billion claimed cost. This isn't very much compared to the trillions that WW3 would cost, which is what it needs to be compared to and I think is extremely likely within 10 years if Russia is ultimately successful. I personally would make it 5x as much and end this this year. As for being an expert on you - I haven't done anything special when it comes to sleuthing. You've made it very clear that you don't fact check the things you repeat and honestly don't care if they ate accurate. But you let them drive your opinions and continue to repeat them in an effort to influence the opinions of others.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-24-2024 00:48 AM
"IDK... IDC... " Most honest thing I've ever heard out of you.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-23-2024 20:31 PM
I'm saying I don't believe anyone said that. i.e. you aren't repeating Zelensky or anyone noteworthy in the Ukrainian government. You're repeating someone making stuff up on the internet.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-23-2024 20:17 PM
"Zelensky claims that the Ukrainian resistance has killed 2M Russians" I don't believe you.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       02-23-2024 20:13 PM
Today we had to get some paint to redo some trim in a bathroom. While searching for a color, we found the following, which you should google for a good laugh. Sherwin-Williams 8003-21C
Word Of Caution To Professionals and People Concerned With Privacy
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Word Of Caution To Professionals and People Concerned With Privacy       02-23-2024 20:11 PM
"then just forget it. " K.
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-23-2024 14:06 PM
According to who? Who is Z? Who are "they"? i.e. what are you talking about?
The Ukrainian Invasion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Ukrainian Invasion       02-22-2024 19:30 PM
Why would they do that? The people you're talking to have absolutely no threshold when it comes to what they will tolerate if it comes from the "right" person. Donald Trump could promise genocide and 80% of his lapdogs would cheer him on.
Is Women Watching Gay Porn a Thing?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Is Women Watching Gay Porn a Thing?       02-22-2024 09:46 AM
There was a study once that showed that a significant proportion of gay (male) porn is in fact watched by... lesbians. I don't have an explanation for this.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       02-22-2024 09:44 AM
HT: having our now 14 month old granddaughter visiting for a week. What's amazing to me to think about is that this kid will be 78 in the year 2100; she will likely live to see the next century. She will get to see a world that right now we can't really imagine. I really envy her.
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       02-21-2024 23:15 PM
Watched "Linoleum" for the second time. Even better the 2nd time around. Wow. What a beautiful story.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       02-20-2024 14:14 PM
It added about 30 minutes to our stop while the wanted to see the "guns" in question. My parents have laughed about it ever since.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       02-20-2024 09:30 AM
Having crossed the US-Canadian border hundreds of times, only once have we actually been "searched", and that was in 1982, when I was just 9. We were coming back into Canada and Canadian customs went through EVERYTHING. We were there for hours. No idea why. But when we went to pack up, my then 6 year old brother wondered about the Frontierland flintlock souvenirs we bought, and shouted: "DID THEY FIND THE GUNS DADDY?!?" We were there a little while longer.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       02-19-2024 03:41 AM
Surprised Flip or the like haven't said it was a COVID booster.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       02-17-2024 19:38 PM
Navalny's family has allegedly been told that he suffered from "sudden death syndrome". Seems legit.
Covid destroys the flu.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Covid destroys the flu.       02-16-2024 19:33 PM
"Cancer is up big-time." By what metric or measure?
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       02-16-2024 08:12 AM
Alexei Navalny, 47.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       02-08-2024 22:02 PM
Went to a Vietnamese place and had pho. One of my favorites.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       02-08-2024 05:20 AM
"A month? How does that saying go, after 3 days visitors and fish..." Yeah, that can be the case. This is Mrs VA's father and his "new" (42 years) wife. They are pretty easy as house guests and can mostly entertain themselves. They come for the month of February every year (save 2021 and 2022).
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       02-07-2024 13:59 PM
Have "vegetarian" (pescatarian- they eat seafood) family here for a month. I dropped the cheddar on a lobster roll kit from Maine and we had lobster rolls for dinner last night and lunch today. It has been so long since I had one. Freakin' fantastic.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       01-31-2024 13:02 PM
Flip doesn't think things through very carefully.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       01-31-2024 12:09 PM
"There's definitely a deep state." Either: A. There is a deep state and Trump failed to expose it his 1st four years. B. There is a deep state and Trump is part of it. C. It's all just more paranoid garbage.
PartE couples
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > PartE couples       01-31-2024 10:52 AM
I mean, you came in here and made some very vague statements and just sort of left everyone to speculate as to what you were referring to. So, that's what they did. FYI "open minded" is a term very often used to describe guys who list as straight but might be bi curious under the right circumstances (bi-curious curious, I guess). So you sort of invited that speculation.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       01-31-2024 10:48 AM
That gives me some insight as to what Trump voters think. It's pretty discouraging. How can you hope to reach people with such ridiculous ideas, some of which have nothing to do with the office of the president (or even the federal government)?
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy  |  FOSTA Compliance Policy

Copyright © 1998- DashBoardHosting, LLC., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.