Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 28752
Last 100 Displayed

Very fine people indeed .
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Very fine people indeed .       10-21-2017 14:52 PM
I am an idiot for coming back into these fora.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       10-21-2017 14:46 PM
I play baseball in a 35- and over league (groan). I probably could get on a 25-and over team but... whatever. I'm eligible for the 45 and over next year but I ain't gonna do it until I'm embarrassing myself in the 35 and over league. Right now I'm still something of a star so I'll stay where I am. But the bitch - we forfeited today because only 7 guys showed up for a 12 pm start. Seriously. We have a 16 man roster. WTF? One guy posted at 1:00 pm "Killing it at the gym" (and posts a local link). So he's in town. He just didn't come. Why the fuck not? Asshole. He's a good player what the hell is he doing? I am having fun but I take this seriously. I consider being on a roster as an obligation, not simply a pass to show up whenever it suits my fancy. I feel bad when I miss 4 games a year. We have guys on our team who show up for maybe 2 games out of a 20 game season. Get the fuck off our team and give the roster spot to someone who will play - even if they aren't as good!!!!
Do I need a better profile?
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Better Profiles > Do I need a better profile?       10-20-2017 20:15 PM
Everryone is right. Imagine you're a woman searching single guys. 4,000 profiles come up. Are you really going to even look at one without at least one decent picture?
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       10-20-2017 15:57 PM
One of the big areas of abuse is physical therapy. They end up running what is more of a spa than a health practitioner's office. They'll use unlicensed employees to perform "physical therapy" (usually billed as something generic like joint manipulation, or give manicures etc and then bill for debridements etc. at physician rates. These are not shifty operations in sketchy parts of town. They are these big beautiful "wellness centers" with loads of woodwork, relaxing music, lavender oil in the air, low lights, and of course - little waterfalls. The qi in the air is off the charts. These aren't in poor neighborhoods - they are in rich ones. I was futzing with the provider utilization file for 2015 and by far the biggest billing podiatrist in the country took in a little more than $4 million worth of clipping toenails and massaging feet under the guise of "health" is a practitioner in Beverly Hills.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       10-20-2017 15:00 PM
Lol. Eh - more like $80, but 20,000 times a year. One time there was a dentist in New York who billed state Medicaid for filling 5,400 teeth in a patient's mouth. And no, the patient was not Mary Lee.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       10-20-2017 13:14 PM
HT: I believe I may have found a target for a qui tam case quite by accident... someone I know raves about the hocus pocus they sell. I'd be willing to bet my car that you are all as taxpayers coughing up a million a year or more for this guy to poke and shake you and fool you into thinking they've treated anything. All to the sound of a waterfall.... Search and....seek and destroy.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-20-2017 08:31 AM
This person is an Grade-A asshole!!! ---- A man was caught on camera stealing the belongings of a pedestrian in the road who had been struck and killed by a car, according to the Orlando Police Department. Police released surveillance footage of the alleged theft, which happened after a pedestrian was fatally struck in the 600 block of South Semoran Boulevard just after 9 p.m. Sunday. “The impact of the crash caused several of his belongings to be catapulted off his body and onto the sidewalk of South Semoran Boulevard,” the police department said. The footage — released Thursday — showed a car stopping in the middle of the road before a man got out of the passenger seat to walk to the curb. There, he picked up an object — which police believe was either a wallet or phone — and returned to the car to leave the scene. Police spokeswoman Michelle Guido said the theft made it more difficult for investigators to immediately identify the victim’s body. She called the suspect’s act “horrific.” “It’s very upsetting to see someone with such blatant disregard for the suffering of others,” she said. “This person went out of his way to take something that didn’t belong to him as others were stopping to render aid to a dying man.”
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       10-19-2017 16:02 PM
Yeah we're having her evaluated for the I-131 treatment. The dedication to managing her medication is draining, and the cost of the meds, appointments, and blood work all added up is almost the same as the cost of just doing it. Yeah, we know she doesn't have a long time left, but we're thinking we'll do it in December. Hopefully it'll buy her a couple more years of health.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-19-2017 16:01 PM
GWB gave a 15-minute speech today at an event in New York, seen as broadly critical of the direction of our current administration. Since there is a strong correlation between those who hated GWB 100% of the time and those who hate Trump 100% of the time, this should cause a bit of a tear in the space-time continuum....
Chirstain swingers
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Chirstain swingers       10-19-2017 14:05 PM
That reminds me of the old joke... What's an agnostic dyslexic insomniac? Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there is a dog.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       10-19-2017 11:10 AM
Our cat - 16-17 years old and only about 5.5 pounds - is not impressed with the intrusion of our daughter's cat into our house. He is about 4, weighs 17 pounds and is completely full of it. Their bickering has gone down quite a bit but our cat is having to continually remind this whipper snapper whose house it is. Last night after being spooked by.. I don't know what... the youngin' ran full-tilt into a sliding glass door making this loud "BONG" sound... he then ran around crying for about 5 minutes and his face was all swollen up. By this morning it was mostly OK, with just some swelling on his nose. I mean, I don't like that the cat got hurt, but I did laugh my ass off.
Do I need a better profile?
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Better Profiles > Do I need a better profile?       10-19-2017 09:23 AM
We won't even consider someone without public pics of some kind.
Chirstain swingers
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Chirstain swingers       10-19-2017 08:32 AM
All I can think of is Airplane! when I see Hare Krishnas...
Sex / Party Music
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sex / Party Music       10-19-2017 07:03 AM
I generally let someone else choose the music. Not a lot of people like what I prefer, but I can be OK with almost anything except rap or country. Even then I just tend to tune it out.
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-19-2017 07:01 AM
"he's more of an Islamophyle and anti Western militant "groupie" than a serious threat." That's probably reasonable. I was taking your statement to mean that he was just a dummy who thought that Afghanistan was a cool place to go hiking.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-18-2017 11:11 AM
I don't reach for the conspiracy stuff too often, but.,... taken from wiki and elsewhere... By his own words, Joshua Boyle has a long-standing interest in Islamic terrorism, stating in 2009 that "anything related to terrorism on Wikipedia, I wrote, pretty much." He took an interest in the Guantanamo Bay detainee, Omar Khadr, and married Omar's sister Zaynab Khadr in 2009, becoming her third husband. He began taking prayer breaks at work and was believed to be converting to Islam by coworkers. Boyle first received press coverage in 2009 after an attack on his father's home. During his marriage to Zaynab, Boyle's parents' Ottawa house was fired upon and ransacked by an intruder but no valuables were taken. Boyle believed it was related to his marriage to "a woman who had ties to Osama bin Laden." ---- So there's that... Is it possible he took a 7 month pregnant wife (herself also very, very stupid) on a hiking trip in scenic Afghanistan? Possible. But I'm less and less accepting of this the more information we get....
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       10-18-2017 09:42 AM
I know what you meant, and I largely agree with it. But there's also the expression to "Make hay while the sun shines". Take advantage of your opportunities. Some day it really will be too late.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       10-18-2017 09:40 AM
An Inch an Hour - The Tragically Hip there's this fuckin band you gotta see they used to scare the living shit outta me RIP Gord....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-18-2017 09:18 AM
OK now I'm convinced something else was going on....re: this Canadian dude and his American wife hiking in Afghanistan... She was pregnant when they were abducted. I assumed this meant "turns out she was pregnant", i.e. 4 months or less. No. She was *7 months pregnant* So now the question isn't "what kind of lunatics go for a hike in the Taliban-infested wilderness of Afghanistan?". It's "what kind of lunatics go for a hike in the Taliban-infested wilderness of Afghanistan while SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT?" Something else was going on here. In addition they refused any contact with US military in the region and when offered a flight back to the US they refused, waiting for transportation to Canada instead. Sounds to me like they don't want to answer some difficult questions.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       10-18-2017 08:53 AM
Gordon Downie, singer for the Tragically Hip, at the age of 53. Most here probably don't know who that is, but they were probably the most popular rock band in Canada in the last 30 years. My memory is muddy, what's this river that I'm in? New Orleans is sinking, man, and I don't want to swim
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-18-2017 00:11 AM
They might have different guidelines in the Netherlands. I found that to be just an interesting footnote to a rather startling (to me) finding.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-17-2017 22:53 PM
That seems reasonable. I obviously don't know, although what you mentioned might be a contributor i wouldn't think it would be enough to make that much of a difference. But what the hell do I know. I just find the entire thing very interesting.
Insert Tagline Here
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Insert Tagline Here       10-17-2017 21:44 PM
Are you on your knees a lot?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-17-2017 20:37 PM
Btw - in case it's not clear - I believe the "ever pregnant" vs "never pregnant" is self-reported by the donor, and it makes no distinction between pregnant last week vs pregnant 30 years ago. What it also does not cover are: - women who became pregnant and miscarried so early that they never knew they were pregnant. This is very common. Obviously at least some of these women became pregnant at some later point and would answer "yes" to having been pregnant. - women who terminated their pregnancy at an early stage and perhaps "don't count" it. Likewise, some would have become pregnant at a later stage anyway. - people who either make a mistake reporting or are not being honest. So a couple of extra points: - Ladies - if you are asked details about your pregnancy history when donating blood in the future, please be honest, no matter how intrusive or irrelevant the questions may seem. They are just collecting data which one day will likely save lives. - I also find it interesting that 76% of blood donations in the study came from men. I would have guessed that male/female blood donation was roughly 50:50, or possibly even slightly higher for women, but that's simply based upon my own personal and very casual observations, not any actual data.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-17-2017 20:29 PM
Edited story up front. My mental noodlings at the end. A very large (31,118 patients, in the Netherlands) study with rock-solid confidence intervals. Since 2011, several studies have suggested that blood transfusions from women are riskier for recipients than are transfusions from men, and that that risk is greatest from women who have been pregnant. The most common cause of transfusion-related mortality, acute lung injury, is associated with use of plasma-rich products, suggesting an antibody-mediated immune response. Analysis of a subgroup who underwent single transfusions revealed 3-year cumulative mortality among male recipients of - 13.5% after receiving a transfusion from a male donor - 13.1% after receiving a transfusion from a never-pregnant female donor - 16.9% after receiving a transfusion from an ever-pregnant female donor Among female recipients -12.6% after a transfusion from a male donor -12.0% after a transfusion from a never-pregnant female donor -15.9% after a transfusion from an ever-pregnant female donor There was *no significant difference* between the ever/never/currently pregnancy status groups for female recipients. ----------------- IMO **This is utterly fascinating*. What on earth is going on here? I want more details. *WHY* would women - even those who had been pregnant in the past - be more at risk of death when receiving transfusions from once-pregnant female donors? Both women and men have no significant difference in the donor of their blood - provided they've never been pregnant. Seriously.. this blows my mind! I love science!!!
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       10-17-2017 10:44 AM
Eh - it's definitely too late for me to be a pro baseball player.
So, you coupled up. Now you've stopped swinging. Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, you coupled up. Now you've stopped swinging. Why?       10-17-2017 08:56 AM
I didn't notice this the first time around. I have been in a relationship with Mrs. VA my entire adult life so I haven't been out there as a single, but I can speculate in at least some cases... Everything I am saying is speculative, and generalizing, so please don't stomp in with an angry "OH YEAH VA?!?"... this is my shoot-from-the-hip psychology and it comes with whatever flaws it has, and most of this is common to vanilla as well as lifestyle people, because you know how it is - someone gets a new bf/gf and now you don't see them much anymore. Singles often have different motivations than couples. While some are perfectly content with being single many would prefer to be in a relationship. When I say prefer it doesn't mean they are unhappy, and they certainly prefer being single to being in a BAD relationship, but most people prefer at least semi-permanent companionship. Without this, singles focus more on their social engagements because lacking a full-time partner their attention is not so divided. So they want to get out party meet new friends socialize etc. When they become partnered, the need for this often diminishes. It's (often) not that they don't like sharing swinging (or simply getting out with people) it's that they are getting their jollies elsewhere now. Obviously everyone is different. I'd imagine that what I said covers a lot of people though.
Best Las Vegas Halloween Party 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Best Las Vegas Halloween Party 2017       10-16-2017 21:55 PM
I don't know about their Halloween party, but Couples Oasis is alright. We've been a few times. A little small but we've always had a good time. We go every year or two when we go to Vegas. There's also Green Door, which we haven't been to but have heard it's OK. There's also the Red Rooster, which is perfect if you love to watch lots of creepy dudes jacking off.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-16-2017 14:37 PM
I'd imagine that sasquatches shit in the woods too.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-16-2017 08:33 AM
OK back to Mr. and Mrs. kidnapped by the Taliban... Freed Canadian hostage Joshua Boyle demanded that his abductors, members of the Taliban-linked Haqqani network, be punished for their actions when he returned to Canada on Friday. Boyle called on Friday for the Taliban leadership to punish his Haqqani captors. A day later he told The Canadian Press that he wanted to give Taliban leaders “a final chance to actually try to rectify these crimes against humanity, before we turn to other outlets to seek our justice.” -------- I'm just curious as to who this guy thinks he is that he can somehow demand that criminals in Afghanistan be hunted captured and dragged to Canada for a trial. There is some amount of legal precedent for doing so, but I don't know who he is that he thinks is going to do it. I guess they could send a JTF-2 team or something....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-16-2017 06:29 AM
Oh and with regard to "my conclusion" - I'm not sure where I drew one? I'm provisionally accepting the conclusions of the study re: veg*s being down in the dumps. I didn't attempt my own causal link. As for yours - that's a hypothesis you've got there. Not sure how that can be studied for the psychology but hey why not?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-16-2017 06:22 AM
You are correct in that the study does not draw a causal relationship. It is extremely difficult to do so - the level of control over participants behavior required is not really possible. Almost all studies with respect to diet and health are correlative in nature. It's good that this is appreciated - too many people read news stories like this and try to make the causal link. Vegans were included in the study, even if the abstract didn't mention it. Reviews of the study mention a few of the differences, most notably the strong differences of B12 deficiency among different veg* types. I'm guessing that there weren't enough of them to warrant their own category. The study was men alone - in my experience the majority (obviously not all) vegans are women. I would hazard a guess that out of 350 veg* men perhaps only 20 were full-on vegan. When mentioned it being inflammatory it was a general statement. While I believe Rabbit is the only vegan regularly posting in here there are others who are at least sympathetic to their cause. Anyway - I really don't mind being challenged at all and if/when I'm wrong about something or missing a key detail I readily admit it, so go for it. What I don't like is arguments which comprise of "so what you're saying is...." when I'm not saying them - I spend all of my efforts proving I didn't say things.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       10-15-2017 23:31 PM
Are you attempting to have a reasonable conversation with ncal? Wtf for?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-15-2017 23:15 PM
I'd say that any vegetarian who thinks I posted that just to irritate them either has too high of an opinion of themselves or too low of an opinion of me. As for the study - a cohort of 9,668 men, not exactly a small study. You can read the high level version for free but the real deal is behind a paywall. w ww.jad-journal.co m/article/S0165-0327(16)32391-6/pdf Decrying the validity of a study that you know nothing about because it conflicts with your preconceived ideas is folly. I can't speak to the validity of it because I honestly don't make it my full-time job to scrutinize the entire scientific literature, but it seems to be serious, published by a respected university in a respected journal and subject to peer review. You probably don't need to get so easily bent out of shape over everything.
My wife unsure of her body
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > My wife unsure of her body       10-15-2017 18:05 PM
Mrs. VA was about 100 pounds heavier when we started in this. She had lots of interest. The key is to owning what you've got and making the most of it. She would put on her leather corset and strut her shit at parties and her sexy confidence was more than enough to evoke lots of interest. Yes, she won't be for everyone, but so what? Everyone's not for her, right? There are lots of threads about this in the BBW section of the fora. Good luck. I think you'll be fine in the end. There's something also to be said about taking pictures in a more flattering way. I'm presuming that the Mr. half has taken them. I'd get rid of picture #3. Corsets are a BBW's best friend. I happily throw out corset-story . com as a recommended site. They have a huge selection are reasonably priced and their customer service for returns and exchanges is outstanding, plus their site has guides for how to figure sizing for people who aren't familiar with corset sizing. They are based out of the UK though and I found that I always had to call my CC to notify them of a payment to be processed through Warwick, UK to avoid tripping a fraud alert.
Silly Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Silly Pleasures       10-15-2017 16:13 PM
Fred - Fighting it out with someone in a thread is one thing. Following them all around the fora and taunting them is another. Keep this up and you'll be banned from the fora.
Silly Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Silly Pleasures       10-15-2017 15:50 PM
I have all kinds of girls from high school that I don't think ever made eye contact with me let alone spoke to me who now want to be facebook buddies. I have no idea why. I've never gone to a HS reunion and have no intention of doing so.
Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       10-14-2017 21:08 PM
Once in a long while we get such a contact from someone real. They are almost always either drunk or crazy.
Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       10-14-2017 21:06 PM
Anyone who guesses our Kik name and demands pics get an automatic bullshit flag from us. They are almost always one of two types: Single guys with free memberships who have used up their daily ration of emails. These are idiots. Young and hot female halves of couples who have some SLS membership that can't be found and want pics. These are fake. Both get similar treatment.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-14-2017 21:01 PM
The lovely Ms NJ is correct insofar as her observation that many in here don't debate as much as they just insult. Perf's anger is the result of someone bomb-throwing without then taking responsibility for it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-14-2017 20:58 PM
Btw my usage of "veg*" is borrowed from the lovely and gracious Ms Rabbit, who introduced me to it. It's a slush term intended to include all variants of vegetarian/vegan etc without needing to list them all, if my understanding is correct.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-14-2017 20:56 PM
Well, some veg* people have a certain smugness as a result of what they consider to be a moral superiority. They feel that they are more evolved, enlightened, etc. Some make a big deal of it, and some don't. The only vegan I know that never ever is a pain in the ass to the meat eaters is my brother's wife (not my wife's sister, who is no longer vegan but still a major veg* PITA). I just found the story amusing and potentially inflammatory, which is always fun around here. The reactions online from the veg* community is predictable: "I am not depressed therefore this study is bullshit". An outstanding example of my rant about people being anti-science.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-14-2017 17:14 PM
Vegetarians Are Nearly Twice As Likely To Be Depressed As Meat-Eaters, Study Finds CBS Local — Vegetarians are almost twice as likely to suffer from depression as those who consume a conventional balanced diet, according to a new study. The new Bristol University study of almost 10,000 from southwestern England found that vegetarians were more likely to develop depression due to vitamin and mineral deficiencies that can negatively impact their mental health. The 350 committed vegetarians who participated in the study had a higher average depression score when compared to the meat-eaters, according to the study, which was published in the Journal of Affective Disorders. Most of the rest of the news article is speculations as to why, but the other most concrete finding is "Slightly more than 50 percent of vegans and 7 percent of vegetarians [were found to have] have a vitamin B12 deficiency". Participants who had been consuming a vegetarian diet for longer periods of time had higher depression scores throughout. But the researchers did not rule out the possibility that the vegetarians’ decisions to adopt their diet could have been a symptom of depression from the start.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       10-14-2017 11:16 AM
This is both a happy thought and about recent movies, along with a bitchfest/WTF. If there was a "Recent Movies and WTF" thread I'd be posting there, but since there isn't... We went to see It last night. Being a big fan of the book I thought it was very good. My WTF -I'd like to know why a number of people in the audience thought it would be appropriate to bring toddlers to the theatre for this...
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-13-2017 15:33 PM
A glorious 88 fucking degrees. Because central Florida.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-13-2017 15:32 PM
With any animosity any of us might feel towards one another, best wishes for the health and happiness of all of us and the people we care about is something we can all agree on.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-13-2017 15:08 PM
I appreciate that Mickey. I also appreciate that your failure to appreciate much of anything has appreciated significantly.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-13-2017 15:06 PM
"Stll yoy loise a hand kilk your ass is dead" I'll have to think about that later.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-13-2017 12:21 PM
Sorry - I don't think I've actually bothered to read anything Mickey wrote in a long time and I didn't know anyone actually replied to his blather. There are lots of ways to spin all of these numbers, and everyone does it. There are all sorts of unsavory ways to correlate gun violence - poverty, politics, racial demographics, etc. Gender is obviously part of it, but gender is pretty much 50/50 everywhere (except maybe Guam) so that doesn't vary. While people are fairly comfy drawing conclusions about party affiliations and gender, they probably become hesitant when it comes to poverty, and even more so with race. Also - I'm going to guess that we are assigning (R) vs (D) based upon whom they voted for president. This is one way to measure it, but there are others, such as who controls their state legislatures, their governors, their US senators, their US house reps.... This is a little misleading as well, since by some or all measures, most states are "Republican" these days.... Republicans won 30/50 states for president, have a majority in both houses of congress, 34/50 governors, 35 state senates vs 12 for Democrats (with 3 being either tied or under some sort of coalition), 31 state houses vs 17 for Democrats (with 1 being either tied or under some sort of coalition) [there is some overlap with these numbers because not all states have bicameral legislatures]
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-13-2017 11:48 AM
The story is strange on the surface because - why would these people be in Afghanistan as "tourists"? Well as it turns out they have family and marriage connections to convicted terrorist Omar Khadr and were dedicated to securing his release from Guantanamo Bay. They have a history of, shall we say, "interest" in Jihad. Why they were in Afghanistan remains unanswered. Without a good reason I am suspicious of this whole story.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-13-2017 11:40 AM
"Suicide is not violent? " Round and round we go.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-13-2017 11:39 AM
Not that I think it's of any value besides being irritating, but... District of Columbia 343.26 (the most "D" place in the country) Almost 18 times higher than second place Alaska.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       10-12-2017 11:51 AM
Ok fine. Hey very nice comedians.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       10-12-2017 10:20 AM
Maybe he used the wrong euphemism for breasts? Hey there very nice boobs? Hey there very bazoombas? Hey there very nice knockers? Hey there very nice jugs? Hey there very nice fun bags? Hey there very nice whoppers?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-12-2017 09:54 AM
Anyone who tourists in Afghanistan has other issues going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-12-2017 09:23 AM
Finally some good news. An American woman, her Canadian husband and their three children have been freed from captivity by Pakistani security forces, nearly five years after being taken hostage by the Taliban in Afghanistan. The initial word came from a Pakistani Army statement and was confirmed by US officials.The couple, American Caitlan Coleman, 31, and her Canaadian husband, Joshua Boyle, 33, were kidnapped by the Taliban in 2012 while they were traveling as tourists [?!?!?] in Afghanistan and were held in captivity since. Coleman was pregnant when she was kidnapped. The couple had two more children born in captivity. In a statement, the Pakistani Army said US intelligence agencies had been tracking the hostages and shared intelligence with Pakistan when the family was moved to the country. US officials confirmed there was intelligence about their location in recent days that was shared with the Pakistanis. In the initial hours after their release, the family was still in Pakistan as arrangements were being made to return them to either the US or Canada.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       10-12-2017 05:41 AM
Bitch stole my line...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       10-11-2017 17:21 PM
People are busy, yes. I think the point is that if someone has no openings to get out for a few hours over the space of 3 weeks, they either aren't single, aren't interested, or aren't serious.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       10-11-2017 17:03 PM
You forgot "has no gag reflex", "brings over food and cooks dinner" and "cleans the whole house before she leaves".
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-11-2017 16:07 PM
In most cases, this sort of off-the-deep end stuff starts in countries like Canada or the UK and then comes to the US. So, coming soon to a town near you... ---------------- The Toronto District School Board is completing a phase-out of the word “chief” from job titles, out of respect for Indigenous people. Titles such as chief financial officer, chief academic officer and chief communications officer will see the word “chief” removed and replaced with “manager” or something similar. The changes include 12 chief positions in the professional support services department where the word manager is now used. Dr. Duke Redbird, curator of Indigenous art and culture at the TDSB, said the change “fits with building a student capacity for intercultural understanding, empathy and mutual respect — and that’s a quote from the Truth and Reconciliation (Commission) recommendations.” “The word has a lot of meaning to our people,” he added. “Whenever we talk about a person who is a chief, it’s an incredibly important position. One of the things that we have found in the past is that the word chief was used as a slang, pejorative word, describing anyone who happened to be of Indigenous background.” When asked if he’d like to see the word chief switched out across the board, Redbird said the term is an English one. ------------------ See - that last sentence is what I was thinking all along. Isn't the word "chief" an English word? Doesn't it more or less mean "person in charge" or "most important" or "main"? If it's an English word why does it mean so much to indigenous people? The word is pre-Columbian English.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       10-11-2017 15:37 PM
Maybe they're ghosts. I like the ones with whackadoodle numbers.. like 0'8 45 lbs. The person would be shaped like a tree stump.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-11-2017 13:52 PM
I saw this article on the process a few days ago. I can't speak to its accuracy, but it certainly seems to be written by someone who knows what they are talking about. thefederalist.c om/2017/10/02/actual-federal-laws-regulating-machine-guns-u-s/
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-11-2017 13:46 PM
The Cook County [Illinois - greater Chicago, basically] Board finished the job on Wednesday and repealed the controversial pop tax, which means soda drinkers won’t have to pay it come Dec. 1. The repeal was a foregone conclusion after the board’s Finance Committee voted 15-1 on Tuesday, signaling the pop tax would be scrapped after just four months. The Wednesday voice vote --- two commissioners voted no --- came despite a defiant 2018 budget address last week by Board President Toni Preckwinkle, who maintained the $200 million a year she expected the pop tax to raise was needed to avoid 11 percent across-the-board cuts. [VA's note - 11% of the county budget is sourced from soda taxes? It had only been in effect for 2 months!] The final repeal vote came after the American Beverage Association and local store owners teamed to spend millions of dollars to push for repeal, countering an even more expensive TV and radio ad campaign by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a billionaire public health advocate. Now that repeal is final, Preckwinkle, other countywide elected and appointed officials and commissioners will have to start working on cutting $200 million from Preckwinkle’s proposed $5.4 billion spending plan for next year. [VA here again - someone will need to explain to me why the loss of a $200 million revenue stream would result in a $594 million (11% of $5.4B) budget cut] She warned of reductions in critical public health and criminal justice programs. [Apparently the mathematics education budget of $0 is not under threat]
The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.       10-10-2017 19:55 PM
Leeleemarie36 Yes, she's real.
No Response to Emails
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > First Contact > No Response to Emails       10-10-2017 12:09 PM
SM: I’d love to eat her. Reply: With some fava beans and a nice chianti?
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       10-10-2017 10:53 AM
Fun Fact: K-Tel invented the compilation album in 1966 with "25 Country Hits", followed by "25 Polka Greats". Both were huge sellers and set K-Tel on the road to riches. By the late 90s K-Tel began to wane and people were no longer going to KMart to buy that album they saw on a TV commercial. Many people credit K-Tel to exposing bands that otherwise might never have been heard of by including a few "who the F is this?" songs on every compilation album. He was important among Canadian artists because Kives himself was Canadian, and K-Tel was based out of Canada, so it resulted in Canadian music (for better or worse) being exported all over the world. By the mid-2000s the company had simply fallen back to living off the more than 20,000 songs it owns the licensing rights to, including “The Twist” by Chubby Checker, “What I Like About You” by The Romantics, “Tutti Frutti” by Little Richard, and “Surfin’ Bird” by The Trashmen. K-Tel also began the "As Seen on TV" concept and sold zillions of products... here's how to order: Philips Keves, who started it all, died last year. The very first LP I ever owned (myself, not my parents) was Star Tracks. 1983. I wanted it because it had Electric Avenue on it, followed soon by Hot Tracks, which I wanted because it had Mr. Roboto on it.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       10-10-2017 10:39 AM
"My Name is Ruin" - Gary Numan The shining star on an otherwise OK (but not as good as his previous one) album. The girl in the video is his daughter.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-10-2017 10:15 AM
Also, once I was standing by a pool in San Bernardino (I know) in 112 degree weather - shivering - because the humidity was so low that the water flying off of me was freezing me to death. Shivering in 112 degrees is so fucked up I can't even compute....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-10-2017 10:14 AM
I'm with you on bugs. The mosquitos here can be so ferocious that I swear they're going to carry someone away and eat them alive. Humidity is just a matter of acclimatization - I'm so accustomed to high humidity that my lips and skin begin cracking a day or two after arriving in the southwest. My eyeballs dry out and I'm dying of thirst. The dust and airborne pollen there drives me crazy. Likewise I imagine if you came here in July you'd be soaked in sweat and very uncomfortable. But like with almost anything, we'd get used to the other's weather if we had to live in it for a time. I was in San Diego in July 2012 or so and it was maybe 84. Beautiful day. Everyone was moaning about how hot and humid it was. I'm like "really?". The fact that people in San Diego bitch about the weather is just proof that everyone complains about the weather. No, never been to (or heard of) Barstow.
Puerto Rico
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Puerto Rico       10-10-2017 10:07 AM
Oh, believe me - his words post Maria were awful. I guess not going on and on about it for 3 dozen posts like Sar is "glossing it over" but let me be perfectly clear- distasteful and callous. His paper towels stuff? Ridiculous. It is embarrassing. Hopefully that's crystal clear. I guess I feel the need to call bullshit bullshit no matter who it's directed at. If someone was here asserting that Osama bin Laden murdered Lincoln than I'd be calling that absurd. That doesn't mean I'm some sort of fan of him - but bullshit is still bullshit. Trump has said and done so many ridiculous things that when people make up new ones nobody questions them, which undermines the credibility of his critics. He's said and done plenty of REAL stupid stuff - there's no need to make up more of them.
Puerto Rico
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Puerto Rico       10-10-2017 08:00 AM
I might also add... It's really easy for someone to sit in their home in New York and "know" how to execute a disaster rescue plan for an island in the eastern Caribbean. Trump (or any president) really has no idea how to do that and has to basically just say "do it" to their underlings who tell their underlings and so on. Yes, his post-disaster remarks were stupid and callous. But I'm not buying it that Trump's thinking "yeah, let's let those stupid hispanics suffer a while..." Most Puerto Ricans I know are rather staunch Trump supporters. I could explain why (and it's largely a single issue) but I don't think someone like Sar would listen.
Puerto Rico
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Puerto Rico       10-10-2017 07:44 AM
I don't feel like reading 70+ posts of swill, so if I've missed any that dealt with this: 1. Sending stuff to Puerto Rico - an island 1,000 miles from the US mainland - is a fundamentally different task than putting stuff on a truck in Texas and having it in New Orleans in 6 hours. 2. Puerto Rico's airports and seaports were unusable in the immediate aftermath and needed to be opened. This takes time. 3. There are thousands upon thousands of shipping containers of aid sitting in the ports right now. A dearth of drivers to get the materials around the island is the major obstacle right now. This is from friends of mine who have family in Puerto Rico and are in contact with them.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-10-2017 03:15 AM
Like California, it is all over the map. Some of the most fabulous - and awful - places in the country. In terms of weather - SoCal is very comfy weather, but damn I find it very un-summery. Pools are always cold and the beach is freezing. All a matter of what you're accustomed to and personal preferences. Mind you you seem to not like what I consider nice places in California either. I know you hated Newport Beach. La Jolla maybe? But what it costs you there compared to Florida is staggering. To each their own... Unrelated but I know someone whose family bought property in La Jolla in the 60s when they were poor and it was cheap. Sold it in 2000 for $7 million. By 2007 they were poor again.
One word that describes you
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > One word that describes you       10-09-2017 19:32 PM
Offering a hug...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-09-2017 19:21 PM
We are quickly approaching the time of year where everyone wishes they lived in Florida. Well, a lot of people anyway.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-09-2017 18:21 PM
86° here at 6:20. Pool is also 86. Swim time...
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-09-2017 18:20 PM
"Don't worry about the angry man - worry about the hungry man." I'm not especially worried about either of them, fwiw.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-09-2017 17:01 PM
I saw a facebook meme where someone said that their guns will never be illegal, but they might be 'undocumented'.
Columbus Day 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Columbus Day 2017       10-09-2017 16:25 PM
Andrew is wasting his time with vinegar for pepper spray. It's a myth - it doesn' t help. Dilute baby shampoo is the way to go. Promise. Barring that, full fat milk.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-09-2017 16:21 PM
Robert was much more special than that. If there was ever anyone on these fora that I thought might one day show up in the news for doing something crazy, it was him.
No Response to Emails
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > First Contact > No Response to Emails       10-09-2017 16:01 PM
I know of a VERY attractive young single female, whose vagina I miss, who got 425 emails her first day on SLS. It slowed to a few dozen a day within a week, and then 5-10 a day. 2,000 a day - unless the profile is pictures of Remy Lacroix and promising to fuck anyone who emails, yeah - I don't buy it.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-09-2017 15:52 PM
Ok. From an English language standpoint, stating that something "unlawful" is not a crime suggests otherwise to me, but, OK. I get the distinction. It blows my mind that you could still call me a 'Trumpster', but at this point you're likely unreachable in that regard. Unless it wasn't intended for me. If it was, and your "don't like to read" comment was intended for me as well, I'm guessing you're just trying to piss me off, so I shouldn't take it seriously.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       10-09-2017 15:21 PM
Fun Fact: As of today, there are at least 12 former members of the Nazi regime still wanted for trial on war crimes dating from World War 2. Some of them (such as Helmut Oberlander) have been located and are in some kind of legal process even today; in his case it's a matter of extradition from Canada. All are 93 year of age or older. Some have been located but have been found unfit to stand trial due to their extremely advanced age, frail heath, and/or dementia.
Vegas mass murder Why?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Vegas mass murder Why?       10-09-2017 12:49 PM
"unlawful presence in the country is not a crime." Perhaps my caffeine still hasn't kicked in at 12:45 but - what?
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       10-09-2017 11:43 AM
To any Canadians who might read this : Happy Thanksgiving! To any Americans : Happy I'll Just Not Call it Anything Because No Matter What I Call It I'll Piss Everyone Off Day!
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 18:34 PM
"I think the change in the filibuster, started by the Democrats, was stupid, and said so at the time." I don't remember, but I'll take your word for it. This is the same sort of idea - people want their guys to take power because it's convenient at the time to achieve their goals, without it ever occurring to them that "their guys" aren't going to be in charge forever. Nobody ever seems to have more than 1-2 years of foresight. "One could make the case that the expansion of executive power started with FDR, but I think more likely it was around LBJ-Nixon. " My very crude understanding of American history (which is still probably dramatically better than most people's understanding) is that the first major expansion of power was Jackson, then Lincoln, then Wilson (much of which was reversed after WW1), then FDR, then Johnson/Nixon. One could make the argument that Ford and Carter both dialed it back some, or at least didn't exercise their power as much as they could have. I'd say Johnson/Nixon was the last major one, with a long lag before a significant increase. Then W, then Obama, then Trump, all of which have been relatively minor. I've heard arguments that the only president who actively worked to reduce the power of his office was Cleveland.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 12:41 PM
Look, the fact remains that "you" fought for the president to have this sort of power, and congrats - he has it. He can now ban birth control coverage outright should he choose to do so.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 12:38 PM
I've seen that same speech from you many times before; so nearly identical to past times that I wonder if you've copy/pasted it from a previous one. To say that I advocate a Somalia-style libertarianism is absurd. You've both smart and have been reading things I've written for far too long to actually believe that I say anything of the sort, so what alternative do I have other than to conclude that you're being deliberately dishonest by characterizing my values in such a way? Is it just a distraction? I could go all hyperbolic on you too and assert that you advocate a Kampuchean or Soviet paradise too, but that would be about as absurd. What have I done to deserve such a gross mischaracterization?
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 12:24 PM
I'm not surprised that this irony is completely lost on the liberals (btw, I rarely throw out that word like that) who applauded Obama's directive now that they are faced with an executive who is using the same power in ways they don't like. Nobody ever learns.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 12:22 PM
"they lost in court. " Yes they did. Which is why Trump can direct HHS to cover/not cover pretty much whatever he wants now. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       10-08-2017 01:42 AM
Fun Fact #1: The Great Hurricane of 1780 is likely the strongest tropical cyclone in history, or at least semi-modern history. It killed at least 22,000 people in the Caribbean. How do we know how strong it was? Well, it stripped the bark off and then felled every tree in Barbados. Even the strongest modern hurricanes have never produced this phenomenon. But it was widely documented. Meteorologists have estimated that the sustained winds must have exceeded 200 mph, and possibly as much as 230 mph, far in excess of any other known tropical cyclone. Every single building on the island, even concrete fortresses, was destroyed. It's scary to think that nature has the potential to produce even worse cyclones than what we've seen in the last 100 years. Fun Fact #2: The largest and most intense (by central pressure) cyclone in modern history is 1979's Typhoon Tip, which at it's peak had 190 mph winds (which a few storms have passed, at least briefly) but what is most remarkable was its size - at it's biggest, the diameter of the tropical cyclone winds was 1,380 miles - almost half the size of the lower 48. A storm of this size crashing into the east coast of the US at, say, Wilmington, NC, would swamp the entire coastline from South Florida to Massachusetts. The damage would probably knock the country into an economic depression and kills hundreds of thousands.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 01:03 AM
As a broader statement, this is not new. Every president seizes just a little more power than the one before, and the seizure is typically not questioned because it leads to what their supporters want. The problem is that that president won't be president forever, and the next clown will have the same - and a little more - powers. So previous administrations have set all the precedents that Trump is using. And the next president will take it a step further. And so on.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-08-2017 01:01 AM
I don't think you're understanding me. The problem is that during the Obama administration, the precedent was set that HHS can be directed to dictate via regulation what must be covered by insurers. This survived all legal and political challenges. And now we're stuck with it. The president can decide what insurers must (or must not) cover. I didn't like the idea then, and I don't like it now.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-07-2017 23:38 PM
"Its not governmental business to mandate birth control or not. " I totally agree. I don't think it should be either. But I'm not the one who made it that way. I don't believe you were posting on here when this happened during the Obama administration, but I don't suspect you would have said that at the time.
Sniglets
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sniglets       10-07-2017 22:36 PM
Vegasbag (Pronounced veGASbag)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       10-07-2017 22:10 PM
A thunderstorm showed up and wrecked my baseball game in the top of the 4th.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       10-07-2017 22:00 PM
I can't find the thread on my phone so I'll just post this here. A few years ago I objected to the Obama administration mandating birth control coverage. Not because I object to the result, but because I object to the method. I pointed out the risks of setting this precedent, and remember clearly asking tbr if there would be anything to stop a future administration from banning coverage of birth control should the president choose to do so. His reply, I am certain, was "In a word, no." Be careful of the power you hand to a president just because you like what it will get you today. A future president will use it against you tomorrow.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       10-07-2017 07:17 AM
Fun fact: I hauled at least 150 pounds of stuff in a single run with a luggage cart to our hotel room 1 block from the White House on Wednesday, and nobody seemed to notice or care.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       10-06-2017 23:56 PM
I heard that he attracts his prey with his body hair, reels them in with his charm, and then slays them with his wit. Or just bores them to death...I forget which.
Early Retirement Draw 75-100%
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Early Retirement Draw 75-100%       10-06-2017 21:06 PM
"Does anyone have any first hand experience in any other first world country where national health care is a fact" 29 years of it. I've talked at length here about the pluses and minuses. There are plenty of both.
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.