Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 24778
Last 100 Displayed

The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2016 20:48 PM
Australia has announced it will leave the AU and become Stralia.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-24-2016 15:56 PM
More than 30 people who attended an event with motivational speaker Tony Robbins have been treated for burns after Robbins encouraged them to walk on hot coals as a way of conquering their fears, Dallas fire officials said. Five people were taken to a hospital Thursday night, while the rest were treated at the scene for burns to their feet and lower extremities, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said. The hot coals were spread outside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center as part of a four-day Robbins seminar called "Unleash the Power Within." It's a regular part of some of Robbins' seminars; more than 20 people were treated for foot burns after an event in 2012 in San Jose, California. Paul Gold of West Palm Beach, Florida, suffered second-degree burns on both feet that will take about two weeks to heal, he told The Associated Press on Friday from a burn unit. It was the second time he's walked on hot coals; the first he described as a "very good experience" at a Robbins seminar a few months ago in Florida. He said the difference Thursday was that it appeared staff members didn't allow the coals to cool enough before adding more to the pile, which was about 3 to 4 feet wide and about 20 feet long. He realized halfway through his walk over the coals that he'd suffered burns. "In hindsight, jumping off would have been a fantastic idea," he said. "But when you're in the spirit of the moment, you're kinda focused on one task."
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       06-24-2016 10:57 AM
Fun fact that will forever make you use this word different - and cringe when you hear it... The word "gingerly" means, more or less, "carefully" or possibly even spritely. Like, if you're walking "gingerly", you're likely sort of tiptoeing, ballet-dancer style... The origin of this word stems from a practice called "gingering", which was to make horses walk differently. They would raise their tail and walk in a more attentive, prancing fashion for show purposes. It was called "gingering" because they would rub ground ginger on the horse's anus in order to irritate it, causing a (temporary) change in how they walk. So now you know that doing something "gingerly" actually means doing it in such a dainty way as to not hurt your poor raw asshole.
Ladies can you PLEASE help me!!!!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Ladies can you PLEASE help me!!!!       06-24-2016 09:51 AM
In my experience being "rough" can almost be like delivering the sense of being able to apply force, without actually doing it. I don't know if that makes sense. A lot of women really like it when you can throw them around - or at least give the impression that you could if you wanted to. Like a grab at the neck - I am loathe to actually clamp down on a woman's throat. I cannot bring myself to do that unless I am absolutely sure she wants it. But what I can do is place my hand there and through body language let her know that I could easily do so if I wanted to. Much of the time, just that sense is plenty rough enough. A lot of girls I know like it rough, and I will deliver if I am confident I am not overdelivering. Avoiding that is the tricky part. While underdelivery runs the risk of being, shall we say, underwhelming, overdelivery runs the risk of a freak out. The trick is to be able to read your partner and approach the edge without going over it. Everyone has their own idea of what "rough" is. I had one woman who's idea of "rough" was if I so much as grabbed her hair, and another who I pulled off the bed BY her hair who didn't think I was rough enough. With a new partner I am usually more cautious - I do not want a freak-out on my hands.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2016 09:44 AM
As for the shitstorm... On the basis of the UK leaving the EU alone, I personally think it will be intense but temporary. The markets react strongly every time a finance minister so much as has a head cold, but it will not have a lasting negative impact. Directly. What it might do is inspire other countries to leave, or other trade agreements to come apart. This is really just a gut feeling. I am not knowledgeable enough about this situation to make a solid assessment. I feel compelled to add that disclaimer.....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2016 09:37 AM
I don't fully understand the structure of the EU, so I am perhaps not entirely accurate with this, but... I was under the impression that the UK wasn't exactly a full-on member of the EU by virtue of maintaining the Pound Sterling and maintaining their own trade agreements. I didn't think they were as fully intertwined as, say, France or Germany.
The Eternal Question: Leg man or Breast man
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > The Eternal Question: Leg man or Breast man       06-24-2016 08:32 AM
Our bartender last night was an unusually tall Asian woman. As I mentioned, I am not generally a leg man, but in this case - nice!
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-24-2016 05:30 AM
After allegedly killing a man in the parking lot of a Tennessee IHOP, a Memphis teenager sent friends a Snapchat photo of the victim along with the message “I just killed a motherfucker 10 minutes ago." Sebastian Vaughn, 16, was arrested yesterday and charged in the shooting death of Marlo Williams, 35, who was found dead Monday inside a vehicle outside the restaurant. --------- 16 years old and broadcasting their homicide on social media. Unfuckingbelievable. This has become a bit of a trend - people documenting their own crimes and telling everyone about it, and they are probably bewildered as to how they got caught. I would imagine prosecution is easy when the perp provides the necessary evidence for the police. I don't know if this is profound stupidity or what, exactly. In spite of my efforts I am unable to understand what makes someone think it's a good idea to shoot a stranger in a parking lot, take pictures of it and put it on the web.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2016 05:01 AM
The U.K. has voted to leave the EU. They have two years to negotiate the terms of withdrawal. Honestly, I haven't been paying attention to this story. Actually I thought it wasn't very serious and was just a lot of talk, fueled to an extent by people who think it's cool to say "Brexit". Fun fact: there is no country called Britain or Great Britain. Great Britain is the name of the island.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       06-23-2016 21:16 PM
"Electrosexual" - Faderhead
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-23-2016 11:47 AM
I don't doubt that you're actually single, hot, or have your head screwed on straight. But I don't think you're a majority. These fora are not a very representative slice of the populace of SLS.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       06-23-2016 05:50 AM
We had an odd windfall like that around a year ago - a check arrived in the mail ($1,400!) from the closing company from our house in Virginia. Apparently there was an adjustment made and there were funds left over, so they were ours. If they had never sent us the check we would have never known. I'm glad they were honest.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       06-23-2016 05:38 AM
"When two men are going to fight, the one that's naked usually wins." From the opening story of the "WTF" thread.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-23-2016 05:31 AM
Allow the beat-down to begin! Mrs VA would add the option that some are just plain crazy. Most hot single females we have met have been cheaters - which makes them off-limits to us.
No mail showing but I have new mail
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > No mail showing but I have new mail       06-23-2016 05:16 AM
The birdie is back!
The Eternal Question: Leg man or Breast man
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > The Eternal Question: Leg man or Breast man       06-22-2016 04:59 AM
It's dependent on the specific woman for sure, but more often than not, ass. It's unusual for me to go "wow - she has great legs". They have to be extraordinary for me to put them at the top. Not unheard of, but uncommon.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-22-2016 04:56 AM
Mrs VA had to travel almost every week, Sunday night to Thursday night, from late 2008 to late 2009. I think 41 weeks out of that year. It sucked.
Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-21-2016 08:41 AM
You sent 4 replies. That's 3 more than I would have sent. Actually 4, since we don't answer unsolicited emails from single guys.
Post one random fact about yourselves
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Post one random fact about yourselves       06-21-2016 08:40 AM
There's only one person on these fora that I could ever envision going on a rampage, and it ain't AR.
Post one random fact about yourselves
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Post one random fact about yourselves       06-21-2016 08:37 AM
Arguing with a flat-earther is like arguing with Descartes - basically, you can't PROVE anything (beyond your own existence, to yourself alone) in the absolute sense, and as long as you can't fully discount even the most absurd of rationales (an evil demon is tricking our senses into observing that objects fall due to gravity, etc) they can keep you going in circles forever. It ain't worth it.
Trump for President???
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Trump for President???       06-20-2016 20:55 PM
Well, you've been wrong before - and admitted it when it came to pass. You insisted that Trump would win the nomination, and most of us thought that was nuts. This time, you were right. Have a cigar.
The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.       06-20-2016 15:45 PM
I am rather fond of the cybergoth look that NecroSlut pulls off. If that sort of thing is cool to you, google image search "Angelspit". You'll likely despise the music, but some of the picture shoots they do are incredible.
Podcast Help .How do you handle rejection and failures in the lifestyle
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Podcast Help .How do you handle rejection and failures in the lifestyle       06-20-2016 10:56 AM
"Now after you have played with a couple once or twice and then they start to disappear, that can also be damaging." Perhaps we are much more casual about the lifestyle than many. People disappearing (or us "disappearing") after a go-round or two is pretty normal. While we prefer making friends we can keep around for a while we are perfectly happy with one night stands, and that's what we have more often than not. "We have had a couple of instances with that, but what we have found is that is mostly a chink in the Armour of their relationship." We've had zillions of instances of that we rarely do we think that. Usually it's just that out of four people one has decided that they don't need to do that again. Such is life. The only ones we wonder and fret about are ones where we had something going for some time and it eventually came apart. By that point we are invested as friends, and it's sad to lose them. Thanks - but as for appearing - I'm going to politely decline. I'm enough of a motormouth as it is - don't give me another medium to be one!
Podcast Help .How do you handle rejection and failures in the lifestyle
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Podcast Help .How do you handle rejection and failures in the lifestyle       06-20-2016 04:34 AM
" Do you analyze it and try to improve or just say screw them we are whom we are and forge our path." Rarely do we do the latter - "screw them" is a hostile or negative attitude. More like "oh well". Sometimes we analyze a little, particularly if we were pretty sure we were in with them and then somehow blew it, but mostly it's a "shrugging our shoulders" situation. We are much more likely to analyze it if it's people we successfully hooked up with once and we really enjoyed, but they don't want to do it again and we thought they would.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-19-2016 21:40 PM
It's politics, but way too funny to put IN politics. It's possible that this is satire, but this season? Who knows. Here we go.... Cheri Honkala, head of Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign, is organizing the world’s largest ‘fart-in’ to be held on July 28 at Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center during Hillary Clinton’s anticipated Democratic nomination acceptance speech. “We will be holding a massive bean supper for Bernie Sanders delegates on American Street in my Kensington neighborhood on the afternoon of July 28,” Honkala says, TruthDig reports. “We are setting up a Clintonville there, modeled on the Hoovervilles of the 1930s where the poor and unemployed built shanty towns. The Sanders delegates, their bellies full of beans, will be able to return to the Wells Fargo Center and greet the rhetorical flatulence of Hillary Clinton with the real thing.” Activists have invited Bernie Sanders to join their bean supper, which Honkala has dubbed “Beans for Hillary.” “Any remaining beans will be served to the homeless, although we will, of course, be urging Sanders delegates to eat as much as possible,” she says. The “fart-in” ironically has its roots with the activist movement leader then-Hillary Rodham sidled up to in the 1960s: Saul Alinsky. He promoted a “flatulent blitzkrieg” as a way to offend the elites of Rochester, New York.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-19-2016 14:15 PM
We had a couple we ran into at Hedo that we apparently had met at Caliente, but we didn't recognize them. She seems annoyed and said "yeah you quickly lost interest when I told you I don't play with other guys". Well - yeah. What am I supposed to do, try to change your mind? Some people get butthurt over previous meetings that didn't work out. Oh well.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-19-2016 14:10 PM
I might drink Coke under those circumstances.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-19-2016 11:44 AM
I knew a graduate student who first was banging her professor, and later married him. While still his student.
What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       06-19-2016 11:32 AM
Missed most of the week. Back in today!
your husbands
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > your husbands       06-19-2016 10:22 AM
Yeah I don't think the "vulture" comment was called for (or even accurate..), but otherwise the advice has been fair. Think of it this way: - most of us are inundated with single male emails. You are one among thousands - if you want to be chosen there has to be something about you that makes you stand out - having a big chip on your shoulder is, with rare exception, going to simply get you ignored and blocked - this is going to sound mean, but you *are 68* and this is going to age you out of 80% of profiles on here. Not saying you won't find people but obviously the older we all get the fewer opportunities we are going to have. I of course have no idea of how recently you lost your wife, and even though I know nothing about you I am genuinely sorry for your loss. But this whole "you guys are jerks" attitude isn't going to work to your benefit. As some have suggested - there are some good opportunities in the "single male success" and "better profiles" sections that will help you enormously. Best advice I can also give you...this is going to sound really mean.... Lose about 25 pounds. I promise you it will help in every respect of your life. I wish someone had bluntly told me that 10 years ago - when I lost my 25 pounds about 4 years ago, someone opened the floodgates of pussy.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-19-2016 10:10 AM
The Internet also reported that Kim Jong-Un was assassinated this morning. But it is also a hoax. Don't let me down, Internet! You've always been a reliable source of information!!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-19-2016 10:08 AM
You left out NJ and tbr, who made some eyerolling and more tempered remarks.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       06-19-2016 10:06 AM
"To the man who was always a constant in my life and never left me without the things a child needs. Without you I wouldn't be half the person I am today. Thanks for trying to teach me math and thanks for never giving up on your dreams so I could see what hard work really looks like. Nothing in life is worth having if you don't appreciate it and I appreciate the heck out of you! Thanks Dad , you're the bestest!" My daughter this morning. :)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 20:39 PM
I didn't think you meant I agreed. I basically just kept rattling on. But I have no guilt in disrespecting that profession. I'm sure there are some that know what they are talking about, but I haven't met many. I'm sure you know by now that I am not afraid to piss people off by saying what I think, although I'm (usually) cautious about seriously inflammatory stuff like that. That was not shoot-from-the-hip. One thing for sure is that you'll never be wondering if I'm just being polite. Too bad I am stuck doing some emergency work for a boss that told me for weeks she didn't need something because she'd do it herself, only to learn at the last minute that she didn't know how.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 17:46 PM
While I welcome the idea of you having your top off, I'll pass on the Coke - I don't drink it. Too much sugar. Didn't see that coming, did you?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 16:44 PM
Actually, let me add why I believe this has no possible seeing of eye-to-eye.... The lovely and gracious Ms. Rabbit mentioned the food pyramid, for instance. Pumped by many. I am about to insult an entire profession here, so brace yourselves...you're about to think I'm an even bigger douche than before.... I am personally of the opinion that the grand majority of nutritionists - and I don't mean self-styled ones, I mean educated ones - do not understand nutrition, metabolism or much of anything at all. I know of almost no other field of science that is so far out of step with established research. Basically, I think the standard version of what constitutes "nutrition", and thus repeat by most nutritionists and many doctors, is unsupported and downright contradicted by the available clinical data. I've known many nutritionists over the years, and the pure nonsense I've heard so many of them say is unbelievable. Like, you might as well insist that the Moon is made of green cheese. Stuff based on myths, intuition, anecdotes and just plain wrong misconceptions about all sorts of things. I've never managed to get through a conversation with one that didn't say something that was beyond ridiculous. Thus, I'm afraid I have little respect for their profession and education - approximately as much respect as you would have for an "expert" on New Orleans who discussed all of the ski resorts inside the town. So... Rabbit (and many other people) follow the fairly standard lines of thought on nutrition. I believe that those standard lines are based on misconceptions about known physical science and outdated ideas. Thus, we shall not agree.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 16:26 PM
"yeah rabbit i get your point--i'm pretty sure VA does too or would have if the "c" word hadn't gotten his brain all wonkified." VA understands, but disagrees in many ways. However, there is a lack of interest in continuing the conversation. We are never going to see eye to eye on almost anything regarding nutrition, of that I am certain.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 12:03 PM
But it's not pedantic, and it's not a technicality. Water is as much a chemical is every respect as, say, DDT. The concept of vitalism (that there was any sort of fundamental difference between naturally-derived chemicals and lab-derived ones) was discredited over a century ago. A lot of well-educated people - even medical doctors - continue to cling to it, however. It's difficult to let go of.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-18-2016 11:40 AM
I've got Billy Ray Cyrus in my head.... She's dragging ass... her achy cranky ass....
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-18-2016 11:22 AM
Our new next door neighbors are hot. Like, really hot. I'd fuck her in a heartbeat and Mrs VA would definitely do him. Unfortunately, they are likely not swingers, and even if they were I see soooo many potential problems with fucking the neighbors. So, it shall not happen.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 11:05 AM
Re: chemicals. You're looking at it the wrong way. Soda is 100% made of chemicals. So is beef. So is a tomato. So is organic non-GMO kale. So is the air you breathe.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       06-18-2016 11:01 AM
Someone posted this on Facebook this morning and I nearly pissed my pants laughing at it. "Staring at the toaster and saying "Le Toast" doesn't get me French Toast... Also I have no bread."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-18-2016 10:56 AM
"I'd like to see my man lick your ass while you are getting fucked and I'm kissing you and he's eating me out..." How is this physically possible, unless your ass and pussy are at least 3 feet apart or the guy's dick comes out of his chin? I'm trying to imagine how I could lick an ass while fucking a pussy just inches away? And he's licking her pussy whilst licking your ass AND she's also making out with you?
Favorite Bra Color
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Favorite Bra Color       06-18-2016 10:52 AM
Normally, I would agree with you, however, fucking a woman with no panties but still with garter and stockings? Fucking hot visual....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 10:50 AM
I've fucked more than one woman whom I thought was a total bitch and would never socialize with vertically. One in particular that I screwed several times - I didn't even like her - I would want nothing to do with her if she didn't have an ass worth building a 40-foot monument to, have the hottest pussy in the southeast, ride like the Lone Ranger and give incredible head.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 10:47 AM
"See this is why I sometimes think you're a douche, I'd still fuck you though. Especially if you talked chemistry to me ;-P" Thank you; I think we grok each other ;-P See if you still feel that way after reading my last post. The word "chemical" is one of the most misused words I know of and I get agitated whenever I see it abused like that.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-18-2016 10:41 AM
Ok so the 2 aspects we are dealing with here: the first is taxing things that we think are bad. We disagree and that's fine; we can put that to bed. Re: chemical.... "No, I know exactly what it means" No, you don't, because if you did you wouldn't say something as silly as "are you honestly trying to say that sodas don't contain chemicals?" "You know good and well that sugars in grains are different than sweeteners in sodas" I do? What is the difference between the rapidly released glucose from grains such as wheat, corn, rice and potatoes vs just sugar? What is the difference between the fructose in a pineapple and the fructose in HFCS? There isn't one. Eating 55 g (dry weight) of starch from rice/corn/potato (which releases 50 of glucose) and 45 g of fructose from pineapple/peach/whatever is *precisely* the same thing as 100 g of sugar from HFCS. I certainly won't argue that there aren't other benefits from the other foods (vitamins, rice is pretty good for protein as grains go, etc) but the *sugar* aspect of it is identical. "Refined" is bad because the good parts of the food have been removed (protein, minerals, fiber, etc); the carbohydrate portion of it is (usually) pretty much unchanged. I say usually because some oligosaccharides (such as in legumes) are degraded through processing into simpler sugars which bust up in the stomach instead of the intestines, but that's the exception not the rule.
Favorite Bra Color
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Favorite Bra Color       06-18-2016 08:48 AM
I have a thing for stockings with the garter and all that, but I've never actually had a woman dressed in them (besides the Mrs) to play with.
15 Things That Will Help Single Wimmin
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Achieving Single Male Success > 15 Things That Will Help Single Wimmin       06-17-2016 23:13 PM
We've known some BSC single females over time. Not very many - most with any real amount of crazy have either been someone I've fucked and never seen again, or we just stayed away from. One particular single female who used to be on these fora became agitated when I wouldn't tell her where a private party was being held. She threatened to find out and bring people and cause trouble. Thankfully she never followed through.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       06-17-2016 23:01 PM
At the Tennessee aquarium, an electric eel named Miguel Wattson (I see what you did there) has its own Twitter account, with posts appearing every time it emits a sufficiently strong discharge. So far, the posts to the account (@EelectricMiguel) have been a mix of environmental conservation messages, scientific facts and groan-inducing fin-slappers, including this quip from Dec. 30: "If I was an artist, I'd be an eel-ustrator!" And this one, from Jan. 7: "What do I do in my down time? Brush up on current events!"
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-17-2016 21:02 PM
A court in Canberra, Australia, found Wesley King not guilty of burglary despite his DNA being at the crime scene for no good reason. So, DNA at the crime scene . . . found in the fresh caca smears in his underwear and nearby on paper. Wrote Chief Justice Helen Murrell: "There is a reasonable possibility that the burglar was someone else who was wearing unwashed underpants that had previously been worn by the accused."
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-17-2016 20:59 PM
The porn juggernaut Pornhub. com is audio-ing up some of their stuff . . . to serve the blind! . . . way beyond the "Ooooooo baby! Ooooooo yeah!" to actually having the scenes described (bodies, breast size and shape, degree of erection). Said a Pornhub vice president, "It's our way of giving back."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 20:51 PM
"@VA. There are a lot of "sin taxes" on alcohol and tobacco products, would you argue they should be removed? I am genuinely curious if you think taxing things that are luxury items is inherently wrong or just the soda tax?" I'm surprised you feel the need to ask. I don't believe anything should be singled out for specific taxation on the basis of it being a luxury or a "sin", because I don't think what you eat/drink/smoke is my business. I am not being specific about soda. The biggest sore spot about soda is that it completely opens the door to whatever people deem "unhealthy" - candy, cake, bacon, burritos, Raman noodles...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 18:28 PM
"- since ~47% of soy produced is used to feed livestock" etc For agriculture subsidy numbers , those are treated separately, i.e. Corn for humans isn't included in the feed grains. "-It's not that I think you shouldn't drink it. I said it is a luxury and contains no nutritional value (thus yes, people should avoid it or at least limit it). " Tomatoe tomato. "Mix a grain with any legume and you create complete protein within your body." There is no polite way to respond to that, so I'll just tell you that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. "Drink a soda with any grain, legume, veg/fruit, etc...and you still get a shit storm of sugar and chemicals." The 50 g of non-fiber carbs from grains and fruits is still sugar, like it or not. And you clearly don't know what the word "chemical " means. So, anyway, rather than argue with you about Internet quasibiochemistry I'll go back to what I'm actually talking about. What I eat is my business and not yours or anyone else's.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 16:59 PM
Well, I know that's the argument often made. By trying to make everyone into the kind of human we want them to be we make life easier for the rest of us, theoretically. The argument you're making, in a way, is that the more the government (i.e. you and I) pays for something the more they (you and I) should have a say in how people use it. The problem is that this leads to all kinds of nasty. If we are going to make you and I pay for someone else's health care/housing/education/what have you, we feel like we have some sort of right to dictate how exactly that should happen. It befuddles me that a lady in Louisiana can advocate for taxing my Diet Pepsi because she feels I shouldn't drink it, under the guise of it saving everyone money, but I certainly can't dictate her health decisions from here. We subsidize the most fattening crap out there and often exempt it from taxes altogether - corn (much of it turned into sugar), rice and wheat. Almost nutritionally worthless yet we eat gobs of it. So I wanna tax bread, rice, flour - etc. because I don't think you should eat it. Y'all OK with that? I didn't think so.
Obscure Pet Topics
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obscure Pet Topics       06-17-2016 12:20 PM
Meh, yeah but that's not really the angle I'm thinking of. More like life under Soviet-style communism. There is a strong disconnect between people much younger than myself and those my age and older. Basically, people who remember a world with the Soviet Union and those who don't. For people who are younger, the idea that there was this huge part of the world that lived so differently, yet we knew very little about it on a day-to-day basis, is hard to grasp. "What do you mean there wasn't any news?" There really wasn't. We got canned news releases from such countries and unless something massive happened (like Chernobyl) we generally didn't hear about it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 12:04 PM
Did you post this earlier and SLS is just late dropping your post off at the party? It seems oddly misplaced given your previous posting on the topic (and numerous posts by myself and others about it)?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 11:58 AM
Not that I wish to wade into this much, but I've known several Muslims who quite openly think that killing civilians is a-ok if it gets the job done. One Palestinian woman in grad school I knew (born and raised in Kuwait) said that Palestinians have a country to take back and if that means killing people at the bus stop so be it. I don't really know how many believe that deep down. I'm sure more do that openly admit it to strangers, but I think it's still a minority, albeit probably a larger one than we'd like to believe. I however am an individualist and I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason to take it away.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 11:54 AM
Oh I failed to mention.... The soda tax is applied at the distribution level - i.e. when a store brings soda in, the tax is levied there. It won't appear at the register like a sales tax. Can you imagine the public walking up to the counter with their 99c bottle of Coke only to be told "That's $2.08."? Looking at the receipt and seeing Soda 0.99 Sales tax .08 Soda tax $1.01 They'd be fucking livid, and the city assholes who brought this upon them would be run out of town on a rail. So, they bury it in the price. This quote from the story is priceless "The tax will be levied on distributors. If they pass it entirely on to consumers...." IF they pass it on to consumers? What idiot thinks that won't happen?? Oh - and "Some of the money raised by the tax will go to pay for city employee benefits and pet projects of council members and to boost municipal budget reserves." i.e. "Thanks for the money, guys!!"
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 11:38 AM
I'm not making an argument out of this - just #s. Roughly 40% of agricultural subsidies are either directly (to dairy) or indirectly (subsidizing the cost of feed grains, mostly corn). Around 40% is other food - wheat, rice and soy are the biggest. Around 20% is cotton, which while agricultural is not food.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 11:21 AM
"will not keep people from buying them but it may make them double think their choices" How is that not an attempt to alter people's behavior? You might not call it an attempt to control their life but that's what it is. As for your examples of subsidizing agriculture - I completely agree with you there. I don't like it any more than you do. Actually, I probably like it less - I'd rather not have ANY agriculture singled out for subsidies or taxes. I say "singled out" because I appreciate the need for taxes, but I don't see any moral justification for tax on a Snickers bar but not an apple. Should people eat more apples and fewer Snickers bars? Sure. But that's their body and their life and I'm not going to try to bend them to my will by price manipulation. But I fell out of my chair because tbr hit the nail on the head. I've said much the same for a long time, although not as succinctly.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       06-17-2016 10:41 AM
Florida has had a really rotten week in the news, but I am still happy. I love it here and I regret nothing about our move to this place. The climate, scenery, quality of living and people are wonderful. Happy to be here.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 10:38 AM
(falls out of chair)
Obscure Pet Topics
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obscure Pet Topics       06-17-2016 10:37 AM
Do you have a particular topic that you find especially interesting? It could be anything, but more specifically, something that is perhaps a little obscure or off-the-beaten path. I love history, although I find some parts of it much more interesting than others. I have a strong interest in the history of the Warsaw Pact-era. I just finished watching a 3-part BBC documentary called The Lost World of Communism. 1st part focused on East Germany; 2nd on Czechoslovakia, and the 3rd on Romania. Many interviews with people who grew up during this time and a LOT of previous unavailable footage. I always enjoy meeting people from the former eastern bloc and talking to them about what life was like there during that time. Smartassery will soon take over, I'm sure, as dedication to further understanding of blow jobs or somesuch will become prominent.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 09:44 AM
I am completely not surprised you feel that way. As a libertarian-minded person I don't support attempts to control your life or anyone else's through taxation or any other means. But that's just me.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-17-2016 09:33 AM
Philadelphia has passed a 1.5 c per oz tax on soda. Sugary or not (i.e. including diet or other sugar free sodas) The tax on a 2L bottle is $1.01. On 24 12-oz cans it's $1.92. As if I needed another reason to be glad I don't live in Philadelphia.
Funny Place Names
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Funny Place Names       06-17-2016 09:17 AM
For SheSmooth. Big Bone Lick got a mention in here. I was too lazy to look down and see if I had mentioned it before, but Head-Smashed-in-Buffalo-Jump, Alberta was always a fave. Also Accident, Maryland Climax, GA Blue Ball, PA Faggot Hill, MD Idiotville, OR Long Dick Creek, IA New Erection, VA - Seriously! Nothing, AZ Santa Claus, GA Sandy Balls, England Swastika, Ontario El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula - the original name of Los Angeles. Glad they changed it! Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-16-2016 15:46 PM
San Antonio? Humid? We gotta talk.....
The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.       06-16-2016 11:22 AM
I have no idea who you are talking to, so whoever they are, I must be on their douche list.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       06-16-2016 08:51 AM
JW: Is the best time to make drastic and important decisions in the immediate aftermath of a shocking event? For instance - I'm considering becoming an alligatorian - which is someone who only eats alligators. We have to think of the children.
Politicians Behaving Badly
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       06-16-2016 05:15 AM
A bill that sought to punish chronic absenteeism in Colombia’s Congress failed to make it through the first debate because too many lawmakers were absent and the session was canceled. The bill had been proposed by opposition party Democratic Center to curb the almost systematic absence of large numbers of members of the Senate and House of Representatives. This widespread absenteeism is one of the reasons Congress is Colombia’s least approved public institution and the cause of the failure of many proposals. Debates are frequently canceled at the last minutes because the not even the legal minimum number of lawmakers show up. Consequently, the passing of bills is delayed and sometimes fails because lawmakers are unable to finish the legislative cycle on time. Often, lawmakers do go to Congress and register as present, only to then leave again. Senator Alfredo Rangel, the proponent of the bill, was furious. His bill proposed financial salary cuts for absenteeism. However, “the congressmen of the national unity are only interested in projects with which they can blackmail the government and walk away with slush funds.”
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > No mail showing but I have new mail       06-16-2016 05:11 AM
Hey SLS Could you please confirm the statement a few posts down - that you have removed the birdie on mobile devices to "save space"? Could you please also elaborate as to why you believe members would prefer to not know that they have mail?
Confessions
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Confessions       06-15-2016 17:51 PM
Pumping your own gas in Joisey is, I believe, punishable by up to 5 years of inane emails from single guys. Every experience I've had at a gas station in NJ has been a frustrating ordeal, waiting in a long ass line while all these pumps sit unused. Fuck that. I make sure I have enough gas to make it through the damn state without having to get out of the car.
Favorite Bra Color
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Favorite Bra Color       06-15-2016 13:47 PM
You've got it, Pontiac.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-15-2016 08:25 AM
Ah...yes. Silly me.
What do you guys listen to when working out
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What do you guys listen to when working out       06-15-2016 06:51 AM
Just whatever is on randomly on my phone, if I'm listening to music. I am subscribed to only one podcast - Communion After Dark. Goth/EBM/industrial...
Favorite Bra Color
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Favorite Bra Color       06-15-2016 06:44 AM
" I can't remember if I took it off like I generally do when I'm dancing. I don't think I did" I do, and you did.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-15-2016 06:42 AM
I saw that, Jenna. We just had some visitors in town and I had just been telling them that an alligator leaving the water to attack a human was almost unheard of.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-15-2016 06:32 AM
Militants killed 147 people on a university campus in Kenya by al-Shabaab militants. Christian students were targeted, according to witnesses.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-15-2016 05:40 AM
I'm feeling like this is getting a little silly. Half-eaten groceries are not candidates for distribution to food banks, and I'm not going to go looking for animals to feed it to. Would you take a half carton of milk or plastic bag of shredded kale from a stranger?
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > No mail showing but I have new mail       06-15-2016 05:35 AM
That is beyond ridiculous. Unlike some changes where people are divided with respect to their opinion, I am rather certain that users are going to be unanimous in their dislike for this change. Dear SLS: bring back the birdie, please. What were you thinking????
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-15-2016 05:32 AM
Have you noticed SLS's latest "improvement"? It was noticed a couple of days ago that we don't see the birdie anymore, but we have mail. We had 8 messages but no birdie. Someone reported that they contacted the site and received the answer: "the mail icon and birdie was removed from mobile versions in order to save space. On a computer you would still see the bird, however. So on mobile the only way to see if you have mail is to go into your mailbox" I am so excited I can barely wait for the next improvement!!!
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 22:11 PM
What food bank takes opened containers of food?
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 16:14 PM
And no, I really don't know one locally. We are talking maybe $50 worth of food here. Some of it like chick peas are canned and they can sit in the pantry until the day comes where I might need them. Anything I can conceivably work into something that I might like I'll keep, if practical.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 16:09 PM
None of this is a slam against that food or those who eat it, by the way. It's really just a waste because they insisted on buying all of this stuff and then didn't even eat it. They did the same thing when they visited us in New York. Ate little of the vegetarian food I bought and instead ate all of the special brand of Mac and cheese we brought back from Canada.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 16:09 PM
None of this is a slam against that food or those who eat it, by the way. It's really just a waste because they insisted on buying all of this stuff and then didn't even eat it. They did the same thing when they visited us in New York. Ate little of the vegetarian food I bought and instead ate all of the special brand of Mac and cheese we brought back from Canada.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 16:05 PM
It's not that I don't know what can be done with it, it's that I don't like it. I think that vegan cheese is nasty. I like real cheese. I despise kale. Soy milk is gross - I might keep the almond milk around in case I get any ideas. I don't make smoothies. I despise kale. I rarely cook rice or pasta. When I made their vegan food (such as the crispy orange tofu and vegetables they love) I buy what I needed for the meal and used it all. Some of the stuff they bought makes me wonder if they just wanted to leave it in our fridge. Why 2L of almond milk? For coffee? Good lord - they had small containers. Now I have 3/4 of a 2L carton.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 15:05 PM
What was irritating was that of the 4 vegans, 2 have reverted to vegetarian and one has gone back to eating meat. So - one vegan, two vegetarians, and one omnivore. Coming up with meals that made them all happy was a bitch.
Favorite Bra Color
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Favorite Bra Color       06-14-2016 15:03 PM
I'm trying to remember what color bra you had. Nope. Don't remember.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 14:51 PM
Almond milk. Soy milk. Kale. Lots and lots of kale. Some kind of sprouty stuff. Dunno what it is. Vegan cheese. Vegan yogurt-like stuff. Tofu crumbles. Some kind of green seaweed paste or something. I'll freeze the pita bread. Someone will eat it. Carrots and green beans will be used in tonight's dinner. Arugula lettuce and tomatoes will be used in a salad probably tomorrow.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       06-14-2016 10:48 AM
Well, the vegans/vegetarians have left. They went with Mrs VA to the grocery store, filled up our fridge at our expense full of all kinds of stuff we are not going to eat (all of it organic, of course) and then ate nothing but potato chips for 4 days and nights left it all to rot in our fridge. Some of it we will work into meals over the next couple of days, but most of it will be hitting the trash.
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > No mail showing but I have new mail       06-14-2016 09:44 AM
Me too. 8 new emails and no birdie!
Pulse shooting
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Pulse shooting       06-14-2016 09:31 AM
JW: if a straight guy kills gay people and it's a hate crime, would him being gay make it no longer a hate crime? If he's been going to this club for years it's increased the possibility that the patrons being gay could almost be incidental and not the motivation. I've always had a problem with the concept of hate crimes. I know not everyone here agrees with me. If him killing gays for being gay is a hate crime (and therefore "worse"), it logically follows that it being a personal beef against the club is "better". That makes me nauseous. I don't really think it matters if he killed them for being gay vs killed them because he had a bad day.
Pulse shooting
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Pulse shooting       06-14-2016 09:21 AM
Not to be a poo-head but doesn't this line of argument go with one of the threads about gun control? As for this guy - it's becoming more clear that he's been going to gay nightclubs for his whole adult life, and going to Pulse for at least 3 years according to a drag queen who knew him. So this guy was in the closet in Port St. Lucie, but out-ish in Orlando. The idea that this guy is *from* the gay community is changing the nature of this whole thing.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-14-2016 04:33 AM
An 11-hour police standoff following a reported domestic dispute is now over, after officers raided the home and realized it was empty. Police surrounded a neighborhood in the greater Detroit area just after 12 a.m. Saturday after getting reports about a domestic situation between a woman and a man who was possibly armed. Police issued an alert around 2:30 a.m. warning residents to avoid the area as officers blocked off several streets in the neighborhood. The standoff went for roughly 11 hours before officers made the decision to enter the home but once inside, police quickly realized that no one was there. An investigation is ongoing.
Paragraph break?
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Paragraph break?       06-14-2016 04:27 AM
I see that as sort of like asking a car company to address trim detail problems a car has, when they are still dealing with rampant engine fires.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-14-2016 04:24 AM
I'll bet that there are some number of women who would ignore a thoughtful email but go for a "wanna fuck?" email.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-14-2016 04:13 AM
All of my SILs - on both sides of my family - are vegetarian.
Pulse shooting
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Pulse shooting       06-13-2016 22:21 PM
I saw that, tbr. It seems several people recalled him being there "at least a dozen times" over the past year. Some recalled talking to him. He talked about his father, his wife, his child. A year plus gay dating sites sounds like more than homework. The choice of Pulse was befuddling to many because there are other gay clubs around him - so why this one so far away? Well, *perhaps* he was living some kind of closet gay life and came to Orlando *because* it was far away and nobody would recognize him. That is just my speculation, of course, but it seems to fit with what we know. Some of the most rabid anti-gay activists have later been found out to be closet gay themselves.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-13-2016 17:41 PM
No. Only one of them eats meat. But I would love me some....
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.