Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 25979
Last 100 Displayed

Are we going to see these taxes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Are we going to see these taxes       12-04-2016 15:00 PM
I appreciate that English isn't your first language, but... What?
What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-04-2016 14:59 PM
*Determined not to miss a day* Slept in till 12 (2 nine-hour sleeps in a row!!!!). 1. Day 3 of Insanity with the Mrs. 2. Fuck Mrs. VA on a weight bench 3. Arm day Note to self: While #2 is a lot of fun, it seriously left me with almost nothing in the tank for arm day. I should do it as 1-3-2 next time.
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       12-04-2016 14:58 PM
HT: A lovely latina, with some of the most incredible tits I've ever had my hands and lips upon. FB: Forgetting to brush my teeth before going to bed, and being reminded that even the sweetest pussy ain't so good on your breath 9 hours later.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       12-03-2016 15:09 PM
"There are no stupid questions when they're paying $400 an hour." - A lovely lawyer I know.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       12-03-2016 14:15 PM
A few days ago, Jim Delligatti died at age 98. He introduced the Big Mac, Hot Cakes and Sausage, and Egg McMuffin, rolled out at his McDonald's franchise in Pittsburgh in 1968 (Big Mac) and 1980 (Egg McMuffin and Hot Cakes and Sausage). Yesterday, Peng Chang-kuei died at age 98. He is the creator of General Tso's Chicken, created while serving in the army in 1952 in Taiwan.
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       12-03-2016 14:09 PM
I relived the "SQUIRREL!" part when one got trapped in my garage a few weeks back.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       12-03-2016 14:07 PM
"Oh boy more garbage Obamacare software shoved down the doctors throats." You've already proven you do not know what you are talking about on this topic. Among a zillion other topics.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       12-03-2016 11:14 AM
HT: I have a call at 10 am Monday with the CEO of a software company to explore partnering with me on building a new line of software. Basically, we'll use their capital, programmers and marketing, and my knowledge of regulations and health care payment schemes. FB: this will also mean keeping up on the relentless barrage of updates and corrections being issued by CMS....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-03-2016 11:11 AM
Chez: I reset because Mrs. VA decided to join me. If she were to try to jump in now it would slam her so hard she'd give up quickly. I also didn't think I was quite ready for month 2, where the workouts become even more intense. Mrs. VA did month 1 a year ago, but she was in better shape then. So here's what we're going to do: -Day 1 began yesterday. We will stick this out up until Dec. 23, when we are away for a week (timeline slightly fuzzy) -Dec. 28-31 Insanity continued, days 23-26. -Jan. 2 - begin Month 1 AGAIN. By the time a second month 1 is finished, Mrs. VA should be ready to slam into Month 2 in February, and I'll be absolutely ready.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-03-2016 11:06 AM
NJ: Be proud of 125 days... I don't think I know anyone, ever, who has managed 100+ days without missing a workout. Serious kudos to you, lovely lady.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-03-2016 09:40 AM
'tis day 2 of Insanity + legs.
Part of Carier deal that is done right.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Part of Carier deal that is done right.       12-02-2016 14:58 PM
"Anti capitalist. The government has no business interfering with where a company puts it's production facilities. A government has no business giving preferential treatment to one company over another." Agreed. And I'll hold you to that.....
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       12-02-2016 14:24 PM
Actually, that's what I did. I needed to run the burner for a good 5 minutes (and ignore the sparking) before it was restored to normal. Thanks.
What's for Breakfast
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Breakfast       12-02-2016 10:02 AM
Eggs on Fire!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-02-2016 09:23 AM
Back to Day 1 of the Insanity program, with Mrs. VA joining me. Plus arms, which she did not join me for. Today marks 20 days with no missed workout. Woo hoo!
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       12-01-2016 21:23 PM
Current: that's what happens when you task the Oregon highway division with disposing of a sperm whale carcass.
Barf
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Barf       12-01-2016 19:08 PM
Ha I deleted the posts because I found out that the code spat back at me had all kinds of personal information in it - like our password. I've since changed it. If you are thinking of trying it, it won't work. ;)
IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away       12-01-2016 17:38 PM
Here's a new mental noodling... I've said previously, that I came from a lower-ish middle-class background. My father was a cop, my mother a stay-at-home Mom until I was a teenager, and then a city clerk. We lived in a 1,200 sq ft 3-bedroom house they could barely afford. "Dinner out" was maybe twice a month, usually McDonalds. We weren't poor, exactly, but my parents had to stretch out everything, and sometimes dinner was something stupid like "leftover pancakes". By the time I was a late teenager they were doing better, but then I began my own family, and was poverty line again with Mrs. VA until I graduated from grad school (with no small amount of student loan debt) at the age of 29. Look up "Vanier" on urbandictionary. Lovely people there. "Couldn't have been a day over 15. Hundred and fifty bucks for a fuck and a blow!" But I digress.... During my 20s I was mostly surrounded by other poverty-line people, who had all kinds of bizarre ideas of how things worked. One believed that a "bonus" was something you got on your tax return if you made enough money. Like a video game. A lot of "the Jews control everything" theories and frequent use of words like "sheeple". They didn't always have food on the table, but they always had beer in the fridge. An I *do* know how these people think, which is probably why I have so much disdain for them. I know how stupid they are, how little they understand about anything, and the deep DEEP resentment they harbor for anyone who is well-off. They (most of them) truly think the following: - they are poor because other people are rich - the game is rigged and unwinnable - any attempt to improve their lives (short of winning the lottery, which they play - a lot) is futile I'm not happy to admit that we existed for almost a year in public housing. During that year, we were the only people to actually rent another place and move out. Everyone else who left left because they were kicked out, arrested, or something traumatic.
Jokes and Funnies feel free to add your own
FORUMS > General Discussions > Jokes and Funnies > Jokes and Funnies feel free to add your own       12-01-2016 16:33 PM
I saw this woman wearing a shirt that said "Guess" I said "Implants?" Bitch hit me!
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       12-01-2016 16:32 PM
Nah I liked it there. Summers about the same as here. Winters are about 10-15 degrees cooler. Typically January day would be high 50s. Sometimes into the 70s. One Christmas Eve it was 84. It snowed 3 times in 8 years I lived there.
Odd ball facts about family members .
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Odd ball facts about family members .       12-01-2016 16:26 PM
LOL Well, I guess that means we all have to contend with being 16th cousins of Ron Jeremy, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian and Adolf Hitler.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       12-01-2016 16:22 PM
The heat and humidity doesn't bother me as long as I have air conditioning to retreat to indoors. I can ride my bike or play baseball all day in the heat. One thing I find hilarious about Floridians is that they seem to think they have a monopoly on heat and humidity. Mrs VA's aunt got in our car (when we still lived in Virginia Beach) and wondered why we had air conditioning in it. I've given up on explaining to Floridians that summers in Virginia Beach (and really, most of the low lying areas of the southeast) were basically the same as here. "But you didn't have the humidity!" they say. Um, yes we did. We lived in a swamp. We'd get those 125 heat index days where the water would be running down the windows of air conditioned buildings. I know what it's like. They don't believe it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away       12-01-2016 16:17 PM
Repost. Because it was funny. I googled "What would you do with a million dollars?" Look what some people think: "I would take my mom to Spain, open a women's shelter, hike the Appalachian Trail, and the crazy thing I'd do after buying a bigger house is make a closet just for shoes. Then go out and spend days buying shoes." "I would have my own media network and a scholarship program for moms that want to go to college after kids because that's what my mami did. As a couple, we have dreamed of having a small house with a huge garage so we can have one car for each day of the week or a really nice car collection." "I would buy a vineyard in Italy and enjoy the fruits of my investment!" "I'd buy a flat in France, Italy, Spain and Amsterdam. I'd hire a full-time stylist for my mom and sister. Buy my dad a humungous yacht named "Chulo" where we'd live 3 months of the year and park in Monaco." "I'd buy a penthouse apartment on NYC's Central Park West (I've always wanted a view of the park!) Travel to Greece and Spain and spend a few months there. Return to NYC and use the money to set up a hospital or rehab center exclusively for bladder patients and their families. I'd reach out to the doctor that gave so much to my father, name it after him and give him all the resources I could to help others."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away       12-01-2016 16:10 PM
More mental noodlings.... We had a discussion once upon a time, much earlier in this thread, actually - where I was discussing IRiS nabbing you at the door if you tried to leave with more than $2 million in assets. We argued about whether or not $2 million was "a lot of money". Reading back through it is interesting. I think we were both right but we were talking about different things. What you were saying (although not in these words) is that reality doesn't drive most people. They don't and can't understand it. So those who understand reality have to work in a world where, at least on the surface, things are driven by perception. What gives me such a headache is that I want a reality-driven world, not a perception-driven world. But we can't have my world. We have a perception-driven world, where what people believe - mathematics and evidence to the contrary be damned - is king. You said "The whole world is about perception, no matter how much you may not like it to be.", and that's correct. So how do people succeed in it? I guess they just lie and go along with the perception like all of the idiots while, behind the scenes, working in reality. There isn't value arguing with someone the next time they bring up the whole "Warren Buffett's secretary" or "Mitt Romney's 14%" thing, because they don't and can't get it, and can't understand why the whole thing was a gross distortion of numbers designed to confuse them and make them vote a certain way.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away       12-01-2016 15:53 PM
I know. And politicians know it too. And they exploit that gap in understanding to rile people up. Hence my grand disdain for most politicians. Every time I see one of these pricks - it could be the president, a Senator, an activist, whatever - exploiting these gaps in understanding it makes me mad. They might as well just say "I know you're all morons who don't understand what I'm talking about, but grab your pitchforks!" FB: I don't own a pitchfork.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       12-01-2016 15:50 PM
One of the downsides of living where it's gorgeous every freakin' day is that you have almost no tolerance for the cold weather in the event you're exposed to it. One day last January had a high of 44°F - the coldest high in Orlando in 10 years. People acted like they were going to die. I'm already seeing girls wearing warm fuzzy Ugg boots. When it gets down to around 75 you start seeing some people wearing jackets or even coats. Freakin' weird man.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Odd ball facts about family members .       12-01-2016 15:46 PM
Someone who dug deeper into this came up with the following: "It is 99.9999% likely that any given person is at least a 16th cousin. And 97.2% likely that they are a 15th cousin — but only 1.4% likely that they are an 11th cousin." Sorry Ms. Jenna didn't mean to hijack your thread.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Odd ball facts about family members .       12-01-2016 15:41 PM
Since I'm a math dork... It's mathematically possible to show that most of us are related to ourselves several times over, and at least distantly related to each other, if we are from vaguely similar racial backgrounds (i.e. someone with complete European blood would likely be thousands of years removed in relation to someone of pure Chinese or African blood). And yeah, while I appreciate that not a lot of people are "purebred" anymore, bear in mind that until around 150 years ago, most people were born, lived, worked, married, had children and died within a 10 mile radius. But... go back, say, 500 years. Average generation time of 25 years, so that's 20 generations. That means you have 1,048,576 18-great grandparents and almost as many younger ancestors. So basically, 2 million ancestors or so within the last 500 years. It's virtually certain that some of these are duplicates (or more) of the same people. I have at least one ancestor from each of Ireland, England, Germany, Holland, Poland, Russia, Sweden, and Ukraine. So basically I'm a a Euro-blend. Presumably most white Americans are, with some smatterings of other races. So... what are the chances that I share at least one of my 2 million ancestors in 500 years with just some other random white person? Almost 100%. It's quite an exercise to go through it mathematically, but yeah almost all of us are 20th cousins or better, and there's a reasonable chance that many of us are 12th cousins or better. 40th cousin or better means over 2 trillion ancestors in 1,000 years. Since that many people haven't ever even lived on died, all of us are almost certainly related and inbred in the last 1,000 years (if of similar racial background). Think of that next time you fuck some random person.... they're probably your distant cousin.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Odd ball facts about family members .       12-01-2016 15:26 PM
Yeah my father's aunt researched her family in great detail. I have all names/dates/towns back to "4 great" grandparents on my paternal grandmother's side - back to around 1780. Other lineages peter out in the 1845-1895 range. One man enters the family tree twice. A child he had with a first wife enters at one point and another child with a second enters at another, i.e. My grandmother's great grandfather and my grandfather's grandfather are the same person, making my grandparents - what - half second cousins once removed, I think. Although they didn't learn this until they'd been married 30 years. Since they are from the same settlement in Russia it probably shouldn't be surprising that they are distantly related. Most people likely have a lot of married cousins once you go back a handful of generations.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away       12-01-2016 15:13 PM
Of course we are not talking about 3% of their entire income. Although for someone like the CEO of EvilCo, it would be close to that.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-01-2016 12:41 PM
Fresh WTF Microsoft Outlook has been marking, as spam, emails from.. .... Microsoft.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IRiS the Tax Dog, biting at the buttocks of those running away       12-01-2016 12:17 PM
Here's my JW: How come the "Bush Tax Cuts" were considered a "huge giveaway" (or cut, or whatever), but reversing them is "just a little bit more"? Those were Obama's words - asking "those at the top" to pay "just a little bit more". If raising it was "just a little bit more", how come reversing it and cutting them back is a "huge tax cut"? I know I know... we say a "3% increase" when we want it to sound small. Of course this is a rate increase, not the increase that's actually happening. An increase from 36 to 39.6% is a "3.6% increase", or, really, a 10% increase. If we want to make it sound REALLY huge, we say something like "The CEO Of EvilCo. will get $20 million." But if we want to raise them, we say we're just asking him to pay "just a little bit more". But it's the same thing. My other pet peeve - "not having it taken from you" = "getting". Basically, the whole "figures lie and liars figure" statement. People use the words that evoke the sentiment they wish to foster. Pisses me off.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-01-2016 12:09 PM
Something re: taxes. I'm going to post it in the IRiS thread in politics, though, not here.
Goals - long and short term
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Goals - long and short term       12-01-2016 12:06 PM
Abs are part of my "leg day" routine, so - every other day. Also, one workout out of five for Insanity includes a 20 minute ab workout on top of that. I don't want HUGE abs - I've seen those guys they look like they have tortoise shells for bellies. I want my belly cut nice and flat. I've always been told (and mostly believe) that abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym i.e. having the kind of abs I want will come from reducing my body fat through diet much more than from anything I do in the gym.
Secrets Hideaway Resort Hotel/Condo units for sale
FORUMS > Travel, Clubs and Resorts > Resorts > Secrets Hideaway Resort Hotel/Condo units for sale       12-01-2016 11:22 AM
Well, given the lovely temps of 84-86 the last couple of days, we threw the heat on our pool and it's 86. I went for a post-workout swim this morning. On December 1. Nyah nyah.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Odd ball facts about family members .       12-01-2016 11:20 AM
Well, as for veterans... My maternal grandfather served in WW2 and his father in WW1. My great grandfather died before I was born, but I am told he was a severely shell-shocked drunk. He would get wasted and sleep on the couch, and then ANY kind of banging noise (like a door slamming) and he's bolt up from the couch thinking he was being shelled, some 50 years after he finally got out of the trenches in France. I know it sounds funny, but I'm sure it was a personal hell for him. Oh - and HIS great-something uncle was a bona fide pirate in the seas surrounding Great Britain and Ireland.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Goals - long and short term       12-01-2016 11:16 AM
"but great abs last forever." LOL indeed. I fear that there is barely anything as UNTRUE as that. The pic of me with my shirt open and you can just barely make out some abs? That was after 6 weeks of hard work, and the result was virtually erased by one week of eating and drinking. The pics last forever, but I'm afraid damage happens at around 10 times the rate of progress.
FORUMS > Travel, Clubs and Resorts > Resorts > Secrets Hideaway Resort Hotel/Condo units for sale       12-01-2016 10:38 AM
When they say "chilly", they mean Florida chilly. Forecast for Friday low is 55. High Saturday of 77. A nice day, but too cold for the pool. Hot tub, however, will be just fine.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Goals - long and short term       12-01-2016 10:36 AM
Thanks. Yeah of course the scale isn't the real adjudicator. But I honestly thought six pack abs wouldn't be possible above 190 unless I have an incredible amount of muscle, which is both unrealistic and undesirable. And maybe they are still a long way away. Whatevs - I am dreading what I know is going to be a 6 day break from Dec. 23-28, and let's face it - I probably won't work out Jan. 1.... I hate breaks of more than 1-2 days... it's like starting all over again when it comes to discipline and motivation...
Desire Riviera Maya Feb 2017
FORUMS > Travel, Clubs and Resorts > Resorts > Desire Riviera Maya Feb 2017       12-01-2016 10:32 AM
*sniff* we wish we were. We haven't been in 2 years. You're going to love it. Advice, from one (former) Canadian to another: - do some tanning before you go and bring sunscreen - do not drink much your first day. The drastic change in climate, fatigue from travel, etc. will hit you hard if you drink a lot Sorry if this was obvious to you. Our first time we woke up at 7 am with the shower running and opened (but not drank) Coke cans all over the room, of which we never learned the origin. Have fun.. jealous...
Hot Date Glitch
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Hot Date Glitch       12-01-2016 09:44 AM
Although I suspect this is not a glitch, but rather an "upgrade"... We can no longer sign up for an event AND put up a Hot Date saying that we're going to said event. Why not?
FORUMS > Travel, Clubs and Resorts > Resorts > Secrets Hideaway Resort Hotel/Condo units for sale       12-01-2016 09:30 AM
Can we get to 200???
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-01-2016 07:05 AM
Someone at CMS just called us. At 7 am. From their CMS desk. WTF... a federal desk employee working outside of their prescribed hours?? What sorcery is this?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       12-01-2016 06:30 AM
A critical exploit has been discovered in Firefox. If you use Firefox you need to update right away. Make sure you're on version 50.0.2.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-01-2016 06:26 AM
Rest day for Insanity. Leg day for weights. *back up a pound in weight - grumble* (I do realize that a pound is nothing....)
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       11-30-2016 22:25 PM
An ad on my facebook feed... Underwear with silver in it because "silver kills bacteria". Too many stupid people have far too much money...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Odd ball facts about family members .       11-30-2016 20:39 PM
One great grandfather had a brief big league baseball career. He pitched for the Detroit Tigers around WW1. My maternal grandfather's circumstances of birth puts me in an unusual position. Being that I am a British Subject (by virtue of Canadian citizenship) and having a grandfather born in what is now the Republic of Ireland prior to 1922, I am eligible for Irish and UK citizenship at any time, in addition to US and Canadian. Also, my mother's aunt was married to a 4th cousin of HRH Elizabeth II, which makes me perhaps eleventy billionth in line for the throne (i.e. no more elegible than anyone else).
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-30-2016 18:53 PM
all the best to you Inez.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-30-2016 17:54 PM
If that were true Inez, you and tens of millions of cancer survivors would be dead. But I'm sure it's easier to believe that tens of thousands of scientists working for a century are all in cahoots to deny cures for themselves and their loved ones than it is to understand that cancer isn't just one disease, has many causes, and is extremely complicated.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Goals - long and short term       11-30-2016 17:38 PM
So 24 days ago I was 209. This morning I'm 208, in spite of busting my ass for almost a month and (mostly) cutting back on calories. However.... using the three-skinfold measurements... Day 0 - 209 lbs, 18.6% bodyfat, 170.1 lb lean mass Day 24 - 208 lbs, 16.6% bodyfat, 173.5 lb lean mass So - I'm really happy with that, actually. Lost 4.5 lbs of fat while gaining 3.4 lb of muscle in less than a month. WITH Thanksgiving dinner. Surely my fat loss would have been even better had I not eaten so much last week. I can't imagine December will be a whole lot better for food, but I can try. I'll take "let's do that 3 more times for $1,000 Alex!" I might not need to get down as low as 185 to see my coveted six pack after all. My upper pair of abs now have a pronounced cleft. The rest still aren't noticeable. But perhaps if this was repeated 3 more times my weight would be around 200 lb and a body fat of 11%. I'd probably be showing them then, at least a little. This is all assuming the measurements are accurate. I think they are reasonable. The changes in my legs and especially my upper torso and shoulders are very noticeable.
Do Cert's have to be postive?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Do Cert's have to be postive?       11-30-2016 14:22 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, PG. If he does somehow show up he'll make a lot of noise and be gone again in a few hours. Not someone like ncal or PartyPuke who just won't go away.
FORUMS > Travel, Clubs and Resorts > Resorts > Secrets Hideaway Resort Hotel/Condo units for sale       11-30-2016 13:06 PM
"Haven't been on a Saturday, but supposedly on that day, single guys aren't allowed in the back play area at all regardless of who they're there with." That's correct. And it's enforced.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-30-2016 12:44 PM
I should clarify when I call it "my baby". It's the baby of a number of people. I didn't invent the drug, but I developed the manufacturing process (and the associated documents, clearances and specs) and made the first FDA-cleared batch.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-30-2016 12:42 PM
Cancer is horrible and a bitch to do research in. Vosaroxin was my baby. I made the first batch to go into humans. When so many otherwise terminal patients responded so well to something I made myself it made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Unfortunately, it never cleared its clinical trials.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       11-30-2016 07:47 AM
"Stop the debate: Time for women to drive," Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal [via his twitter account] Nice to see something moving in the right direction over there, no matter how incremental.
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       11-30-2016 05:59 AM
About to waltz out to the gym.
Good morning all. What are your plans today?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Good morning all. What are your plans today?       11-30-2016 05:58 AM
Good luck, LD.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Do Cert's have to be postive?       11-30-2016 05:57 AM
What's amazing is the impact he had considering his short duration. I think he appeared perhaps 3-4 times in 4 years, and each time for less than 24 hours.
FORUMS > Travel, Clubs and Resorts > Resorts > Secrets Hideaway Resort Hotel/Condo units for sale       11-30-2016 00:31 AM
One of the managers has a really hot wife that jumped me and made out with me. You know, just mentioning one of the positives....
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-30-2016 00:22 AM
I can't believe nobody jumped in to help Kibbs with her breast exam. It was the first thing I thought of.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Do Cert's have to be postive?       11-30-2016 00:18 AM
Lol That guy Brokejawwwwww had at least 4 or 5 W's. He would post something smartass on every single thread. Every once in a long while someone shows up and totally shits the bed in here. It's been a while, actually.
Election Post-Mortem
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem       11-30-2016 00:13 AM
"I think that is largely a function of gerrymandering" The House, to no small extent. But the Senate and Governor races? And most state governments? Most states are under Republican control now - what is it - 37 out of 50 governors and both (or unicameral) control of legislatures in 35 states, or something? Gerrymandering a good part for the House, yes, but honestly i heard virtually nothing from Democrat campaigns for anything other than President, and it's been that way for a while. The Senate seats in Virginia were a notable exception.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 18:45 PM
That's what I love about Florida. Cycling, 12 months a year. Also baseball 9 months a year. We are off only November-January.
Election Post-Mortem
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem       11-29-2016 18:42 PM
If you mean that white middle-class and especially rural whites felt abandoned or taken for granted by them, I would agree. Dare I also say that Democrats have focused much more of their efforts on the presidency at the expense of almost everything else, which means they have practically no cards to play if they lose the White House.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 16:06 PM
Road. We especially love our bike tours. This year was skipped, though. We got to meet TrooperandPirategirl last year when our Bourbon Trail adventure took us through Louisville.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 15:48 PM
Have you seen "The Invention of Lying"?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 15:37 PM
When I say "program" I mean whatever it is that you are doing. doesn't have to be prescribed planned or organized. I love my bike. I need back on....
O look another shit post from Trump
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > O look another shit post from Trump       11-29-2016 15:32 PM
Well.... I agree with everything tbr said. It's been going on since at least Wilson. My non-expert understanding is that the only president since the civil war that actually worked to decrease their own authority was Grover Cleveland. Now - for the record - I've always never understood why people don't see the folly in handing a president/government t more power as long as it's to accomplish something they agree with. They never think that one day that same power will be used by someone hostile to their interests. To everyone who doesn't like Trump's plans for health care - well, numbnuts, you were all behind the Feds having vastly expanded power in that area, and now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like how it fits. I specifically mentioned this during the ACA debates, and I specifically remember at least one person (can't remember who) arguing that it was not a concern because "Republicans will never control the federal government again".
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 15:20 PM
"No amount of statistical significance assuages the practical significance of getting cancer..." Assuages? No. But I do think that people have trouble accepting "we really can't know" and want to blame something/someone. Probably a psychological term for that.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 14:43 PM
"My lame attempts at humor sometimes regress to the mean." I knew what you meaned. Kudos for working in "regress". It's clearly the word of best fit.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 14:41 PM
I am very happy that you had the outcome you had Inez. But I can't *stand* that someone actually told you that. They can say that estrogen contributed to the risk, but it's usually impossible to know what actually caused it. I had a grandfather die of leukemia. A great deal of people wanted me to support their claim that his career use of benzene caused his leukemia. The only thing that an expert can say is to what extent something increased risk. Of course, courtrooms are filled with judgements that so-and-so's cancer was (or wasn't) caused by...whatever..but we can almost never definitively tell. Sometimes we can make a pretty good guess, especially when it comes to rare cancers or ones that rarely occur without a specific reason, like mesothelioma. Sorry....I spend much of my job butting heads with "real" doctors... this area is a real sore spot for me... And please - I repeat - I am very happy for your outcome and very sad for those who do not achieve a happy outcome. I know full well what cancer does to people, and I've been on the research end of it too.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       11-29-2016 14:27 PM
The hoser is just enjoying their double-double. Btw that -14 is C which is about 7 F. Still bloody cold. It's 84-86 here for the next 3 days. That's 29-30 for any beavertail-eating peameal bacon-frying Alexander Keith's drinking canucks.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 14:11 PM
"I assume you are calculating "most" relative to the median instead of the mean level of understanding?" By definition, "most" would always refer to the median or some percentile. You know this of course. Perhaps the "mean person" doesn't know what this means, meanie.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 14:06 PM
I get that, Lady. Sometimes science has very cold heartless answers to questions. And in the case of cancer, most of the time the answer is some variant of "shit happens." People usually want answers and that's one people don't accept well. The flip side of calling our ncal's ubiquitous bullshit is that I feel somewhat compelled to acknowledge it if he actually gets something right.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 13:57 PM
I hoped the Russian roulette bit would help. Most people also don't understand the concept of independent events. Like "what are the chances of a coin flip being heads after 25 tails in a row?" (Presuming the coin is not rigged in some way),
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 13:30 PM
Btw I know people are going to post their own anecdotes (like Inez did) as refutations. That's not how statistics or risk work. Russian roulette is dangerous, yes? We can all agree on that? If I told you that I played it and didn't get killed, would you accept that as evidence that it's not dangerous? Risk is a statistics game. Some come out winners, and some come out losers. Some contributions to risk can be controlled; others can't.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       11-29-2016 13:26 PM
You're all going to hate me for this... While I can't attest to his numbers the general spirit of what ncal said (in this incredible instance) is more or less correct. There are basically 3 reasons for risk of any cancer: things done to the body (environment, diet, radiation etc), genetics, and age. The only one you have control over is the first. The weighted risks of all 3 change with time, and as people get older age become the dominant factor. This has nothing to do with what level of fitness you are at. It's just time. People who develop cancer (especially breast cancer) young are usually genetically predisposed. Cancer is the result of a series of genetic mistakes being made when your cells are reproducing. The risk is cumulative throughout your life. Lots of things contribute to that risk. How the result of the risk turns out is random. You might be the best driver in the safest car who drives only in the best conditions. Your risk is far lower than a drunkard who drives a lot during snowstorms with no brakes. But that lower risk doesn't mean you can't get killed anyway, and it doesn't mean that the drunken idiot is doomed to die in a fiery wreck.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > O look another shit post from Trump       11-29-2016 13:06 PM
Tbr is right - most people, including our next president, apparently, aren't very aware of what the president can and can't do. A lot of people seem to think they are an absolute monarch or something. Bonus: the dissenters on the case included Stevens and O'Connor. The much maligned Scalia was on the other side. The court today would likely rule 7-1 or 8-0 on it, not 5-4
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > O look another shit post from Trump       11-29-2016 12:57 PM
"Why ..you dont like that he is dumb or you dont like free speech ?" I don't like idiotic lose-lose questions.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > O look another shit post from Trump       11-29-2016 10:46 AM
Are you going to turn every dumb thing he says into a new forum thread? I mean, Z already makes like a dozen new "Trump Sucks" threads a week.....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 10:16 AM
I guess I will stress that (and I'm sure both of you know this very well) that the real key is finding something you can stick with. A so-so program that you will stick to is superior to a great program that you don't. You can only willpower your way through so much... sooner or later, if you don't enjoy it, you'll begin to slack off and then give up. Insanity is the only cardio program (besides spending all day on a bicycle) I've ever found that I didn't despise. I actually like it. But it's **hell** on your knees at first - after a couple of weeks and lots of ibuprofen they get better. When I say hell on your knees I mean waking-up-in-the-night in pain hell on your knees. But it does resolve for me after a while. I have to do cardio first weights second. If I do it the other way I'm out of energy when it comes to the cardio. I take my pre-workout immediately before I begin Insanity so that I'm peaking right around the transition into weights. Helps me tough it out mentally.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 10:09 AM
I'm doing Insanity (45-60 minutes a day of intense cardio) followed by more or less the same weight routine (~ 1 hour) I've been doing on and off for 20 years. Most days I'm attempting to restrict my calories to 2,200 or so, although in practice I think it's an average of more like 2,800. My calorie baseline is 2,800 so working out for 2 hours on top of that puts my daily burn at around 3,500-3,800. So I should be in the 5000-7000 cal a week deficit i.e. 1.5-2 pounds per week of fat loss. But I am noticeably gaining muscle at the same time, hence my weight is barely moving - I'm more or less swapping out fat for muscle, which is what we're all trying to do, isn't it? :)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 08:42 AM
What's funny is that I just don't champion-eat like I used to. On Thanksgiving I had one big plate of food and one slice each of pumpkin and key lime pie. My key lime pie might be the most calorie-dense food in existence. One whole pie is 8,500 calories. With generous whipped cream, of course. But other than grazing on the leftover ham and turkey I didn't really pig out a lot. Most of the pies were given away, with 2 going into the freezer. Basically, I ate well-above normal, but not the 10,000 calorie days I used to do for holidays. So I really didn't have all that much to recover from. Plus, I didn't skip any workouts. Tomorrow is the last day of month 1 of Insanity. We will have to see if Mrs. VA is ready to join me in re-starting or if I am forging forward.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 06:02 AM
Day 23 of Insanity - the longest one (workout is 56 minutes, the last 16 of which are all abs). Plus legs. My weight has finally moved down a notch. 208. Lol.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-29-2016 05:50 AM
I'm just curious. I don't actually know anyone who's attempted it. I only know the few anecdotes I've read online. Your program seems atypically long though, no? Most I have seen are 4-6 weeks, not 12.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-28-2016 22:46 PM
How long is your typical GVT workout, chezde? Also just curious - when you say you're getting frustrated - do you mean results aren't coming as well as you'd like? Or do you mean mental fatigue? I've read the program can deliver on results at the expense of drudgery. A lot of people stop because they get bored of it, not because it doesn't work. You've obviously done well for yourself. Congrats.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       11-28-2016 21:13 PM
YAY! A funny story from my hometown! Judge Fergus O’Donnell will decide if Jesse Coons, who got into a bar fight on Halloween night while dressed in a Pink Panther costume, is innocent or guilty of aggravated assault. On Friday, in an Ontario Court of Justice in St. Catharines, charges were dismissed against his friend and co-accused Austin Shinners, 22, who was dressed as Bugs Bunny on Halloween night 2015. The two Niagara Falls men were involved in a fight with another patron, Christopher Myers, 46, who was dressed as Dracula. The fight took place inside the Sunset Bar and Grill on Thorold Stone Road shortly before closing time. During the fight, Dracula was struck in the head with a glass filled with beer that shattered, nearly cutting off his ear and leaving him covered in blood. Twenty-five stitches were required to reattach his ear. During an earlier court appearance, both Coons and Shinners pleaded not guilty and have been represented by husband and wife defence lawyers Ron Charlebois and Brenda Sandulak. Charlebois has defended Shinners, who was Bugs Bunny, and Sandulak has represented Coons, who was the Pink Panther and had his broken foot in a cast that evening. Charlebois said his client should be found not guilty based on the evidence given by Myers who mixed up which of the two men had struck him in the head with the beer glass. Myers testified Bugs Bunny hit him, not the Pink Panther. A number of other witnesses said it was the other way around. Assistant Crown attorney Mark Dean acknowledged Myers mixed up who actually hit him on the head, but that confusion could have resulted from him being hit in the head. “Mr. Myers did his best to provide an honest answer even when he was mistaken,” said Dean. He noted if the judge accepts Myers version of what occurred, he didn’t throw any punches so the other side could not claim they acted in self-defence. Sandulak argued the two young friends went out for an evening of entertainment and they ended up in an unfortunate situation. She said Myers was clearly the aggressor that night and he became jealous when the two men in silly costumes began dancing with girls on the dance floor and they were having fun. Sandulak said her client was punched first and his instinct was to defend himself. “He did not think about the glass in his hand. It was a reaction, a reflex to a situation,” she said. “This is not a situation where he grabbed a weapon and used it. The glass was in his hand and no one can fault him for punching back.” The defence said Myers’ recollection of what took place was tainted by the amount of alcohol he had consumed that evening, and by his injury. “Punching to defend oneself is reasonable,” said Sandulak. “These were not tough guys looking for a brawl. They were on a dance floor having fun.” O’Donnell will deliver his judgement Nov. 28.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       11-28-2016 16:45 PM
Chernobyl is in Ukraine, not Russia. You know...since you're all about "facts"....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       11-28-2016 14:36 PM
The Canadians I know will tell you that the human rights abuses are lies. American propaganda. When they visit Cuba that's what the people tell them when they learn about the revolution. The Cubans I know (and there are a lot here) of course have something different to say. When I describe that to the Canadians they still maintain that's its lies. Lies Cubans have agreed to repeat at the insistence of the US government. I knew visiting scientists from Cuba when I lived in Canada. Once they got over their fear that I was secret police they would open up some. One day, 2 of them (a married couple) simply failed to show up. Reps from the Cuban embassy soon came by. Nobody knew anything. We found out they defected that morning. I ran into her years later at a conference. It was awesome to see the personality change that comes from not living in fear.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       11-28-2016 13:41 PM
I know a lot of Canadians who consider him a hero.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-28-2016 08:58 AM
Day 22 plus arms. I really felt like a beast on my last set of arm curls. Raaaawwwrgh!
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       11-28-2016 06:09 AM
It is made by most animals through normal metabolism. Primates, guinea pigs, bats and a few birds are an exception. It's destroyed by cooking, hence we don't get any in our diet, but it's not required for most - it's made in their own bodies. Whale blubber has almost as much vitamin C in it as oranges, for instance. This discovery explained why those in arctic climates do not get scurvy - they eat the meat raw while western visitors insisted on cooking theirs. The gene that makes it is defective in primates and it's a vitamin for us, but it's not for your pet dog or cat. Any idiot can google what I just said. Well, almost any idiot....
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       11-27-2016 19:59 PM
It's made by all (I *think* - there may be some exceptions) plants, and almost all animal, for their own internal purposes. Humans (and other primates) and a few other animals are the exception, not the rule, and require it in their diet. I'm quite certain - but willing to be proven wrong - that your "source" of this misinformation is an idiot. So - did you fall for someone else's bullshit or did you just pull that one out of your ass?
Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People       11-27-2016 13:37 PM
I'm totally with you there, NJ. I'm actually down 0.6 lbs (which I know is just noise) over the last week. I'm perfectly happy with "no gain". A new HT: Mrs VA wants me to restart Insanity so she can do it with me, beginning tomorrow. I made her a deal - join me for days 22-28 (the last week of Month 1) and if she gets those done, I'll go back to Day 1 with her. Probably not a bad idea for me either. I currently can't get through a run of 4-6 minutes without having to take a quick breather. I'm skeptical that I'm ready for month 2.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       11-27-2016 10:30 AM
Day 21 of Insanity, with legs. Weight still holding. I guess post-Thanksgiving that's better than average..
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       11-27-2016 10:24 AM
Fun Fact, that someone just pointed out: Fidel Castro spent his entire life fighting capitalism..... .... and died on Black Friday....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       11-26-2016 17:49 PM
Hahaha. The thing is that there is often a grain of truth to his heaping pile of bullshit. People *are* unreasonably paranoid of radiation and do not understand that under most circumstances we live our whole lives dealing with a certain amount. Only under rather severe conditions, generally, are markedly increased health risks seen. But the bozo doesn't stop at poo-pooing the risks. He denies them pretty much altogether. Polonium-210, tbr. Good stuff. Fun fact: in the 1970s some pacemakers were manufactured using a Pu-238 source (actually, the same type of source as in the movie The Martian). They worked reliably for the remainder of the patients' lives. It is sad that they stopped using them, as multiple maintenance surgeries increase the chances of downstream negative effects. A few dozen people still have them forty years later. If a patient dies, the pacemaker is to be recovered and sent to Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Mrs VA was a nurse working at a hospital when one of these patients died (of old age) and it was a pretty big deal.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       11-26-2016 12:22 PM
I'll be a little surprised if I don't return to find my category 5-rated solid concrete house burned down. Somehow. They are probably googling how to light concrete on fire. Ahhh...hopefully they won't be able to locate chlorine trifluoride on a Saturday....
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       11-26-2016 12:18 PM
The other 3 all work. Or at least they did when I left the house an hour ago. I don't think it's wet. It's been 24 hours now and still won't work. I cant handle any more "help". I'm fucking losing my mind.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       11-26-2016 12:01 PM
Oh one more thing to chew on: JW: does anyone know why a burner for a gas cooktop won't ignite anymore after super helpful house guests cleaned it? I've lined it up all 360 degrees and done everything I can think of and it won't spark anymore.
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.