Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 26445
Last 100 Displayed

Yo Swinging Is So Bad
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo Swinging Is So Bad       01-19-2017 12:04 PM
Yo balls are so hairy bartenders be making pina coladas from them.
Yo Swinging Is So Bad
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo Swinging Is So Bad       01-19-2017 12:00 PM
Yo booty is such a disaster FEMA set up a trailer on it.
Yo Swinging Is So Bad
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo Swinging Is So Bad       01-19-2017 11:53 AM
Yo pussy is so stubbly 3M is marketing it as sandpaper.
Yo
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo       01-19-2017 11:42 AM
Haha I found this old stinker' Yo, everyone.
Yo Swinging Is So Bad
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo Swinging Is So Bad       01-19-2017 11:41 AM
Owwwwch Yo dick is so soft, Serta named a sleep system after it.
Things I see about the transition and upcoming administration
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Things I see about the transition and upcoming administration       01-19-2017 11:27 AM
I don't think that changes the notion that one-size-fits all rarely fits all, and occasionally creates serious problems for some. In other words - do you *really* object to a school in rural Montana from entrusting a (properly vetted) staff member or two with a locked up rifle in the event some local creature becomes a problem? I know we're not talking about an every day occurrence. But a gun kept on school property being used to shoot the place up ain't exactly an everyday occurrence either - virtually all school shootings involve a firearm brought onto the school in the moments before the shooting, so a "gun-free zone" law would do precisely nothing to prevent it. Both overarching agendas are using a one-in-a-zillion hypothetical in order to advance a national policy.
If You Could Only Have One
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > If You Could Only Have One       01-19-2017 11:16 AM
Tetris IYCOHO: Swinging experience to relive.
Yo Swinging Is So Bad
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo Swinging Is So Bad       01-19-2017 11:15 AM
Inspired by the Fokkers... swinging-themed jokes in the form of the "Yo Momma" Yo swinging is so bad... the Sybian says no. Yo dick is so tiny... the finger cot you were using fell off. Yo pussy gets so much traffic, the city installed stoplights on your ass.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Things I see about the transition and upcoming administration       01-19-2017 11:11 AM
It's one overarching agenda vs another. Trying to work a reference to "golden arches" in there but was unsuccessful...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Things I see about the transition and upcoming administration       01-19-2017 10:22 AM
I know this is going to come up, so I'll do it now. A lot of snickering has been going on about the secretary of education nominees comments about gun-free zones, citing that some schools may need protection from bears. The whole thing however speaks to a fundamental problem I believe this country has, which is a desire to want all-encompassing one-size-fits-all national laws. Of course, in 99% of schools, this is laughable. I realize that most people live in places where this is absurd, but is it really so crazy to think that some school in rural Wyoming or Alaska might actually have a problem with bears on school property, and that at least one staff member be entrusted to have access to a rifle in the event that one becomes a threat, and that a mandate from ultra-urban Washington is the solution? Anyway - she definitely didn't state her case well. But the 10th amendment guy in me almost always likes it when someone resists federal laws that aren't absolutely necessary, which they rarely are.
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-19-2017 10:12 AM
I see what you did there. #blacklabsmatter
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       01-19-2017 10:11 AM
It doesn't matter. He only occasionally knows anything about anything, and even then the truth and accuracy content is 5-10% at best. He is one of only two people from the fora that I have blocked. The other was a psychotic stalker. I'm a little ashamed because I was unable to ignore his dumb ass, partly because he seems to think he's an expert in many of the same ways that I am.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       01-19-2017 09:11 AM
*shudder* I went in to see wtf nutcal is talking about. re: "what was once a hundred pages is not close to ten thousand" The case he is describing sounds like a 10-20 day hospital stay given the complications of someone so overweight. This is of course assuming there is any truth to it. I have seen medical records for stays exceeding one year, $5 million and many surgical procedures. The longest would have been around 4,000 pages. So unless they turned this woman into RoboCop, chalk this up to yet another turd pulled out of the prolific ass of ncal. And he's still going on about his fictitious "Obamacare medical records", I see.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       01-19-2017 08:55 AM
"You motherfuckers!" - Elena Ceausescu
That happened .
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > That happened .       01-18-2017 22:21 PM
The most dangerous people are those with a weak grip on themselves. The problem is that even if the guy picks a fight and you come out ok from it, that doesn't mean that's the end of it. Next time he sees you he could jump you, bring a weapon etc. I personally would do almost anything to avoid a violent confrontation with a nutcase like this.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       01-18-2017 18:22 PM
Phase I testing is safety and toxicity testing on (usually) a small cohort of healthy, young, male (paid) volunteers. Healthy = they do not have the condition the drug is intended to treat They give them escalating doses and look for bad side effects. They measure clearance rates, liver enzymes (i.e. signs of organ damage), etc. Basically, they are paid human lab rats. They do the initial testing on males for one reason alone: men never get pregnant. Meaning - they can't sue you 10 years later for some problem their baby has. That's really it. Beyond that, there is normally no gender discrimination, unless there is a specific reason to do so.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       01-18-2017 17:03 PM
Fun fact #2: Phase I clinical trials are almost always conducted only on young men. Care to guess why?
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       01-18-2017 17:03 PM
Fun fact #1: Most men underdose on prescriptions. Generally, prescription dosing does not take into account the size or gender of the patient. A round of azithromycin is the same for a 250 pound man as it is for a 100 pound woman. When it comes to dosing recommendations, manufacturers make pills intended for 100 pound women. If the prescribing doctor doesn't take into account differences in the size of the patient (and often gender), this means that a small woman feels the full force of the drug (for good or bad) while a large man does not. Many drugs are metabolized considerably faster by men, even when correcting for body weight. This is not well understood, but for Ambien, for instance, a 250 pound man will clear it about 4 times as fast as a 100 pound woman, higher than one would predict based on the body weight difference.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-18-2017 14:21 PM
JW how many more times ncal will call tbr "TBS" before he realises that he's "tbr".
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-18-2017 13:26 PM
(waiting with baited breath.....)
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-18-2017 12:42 PM
I've mused (I'm not sure on here) about this before. We tend to call people stupid/idiot/moron when we don't really mean that. We use it as a catch-all to cover all sorts of things, like rude, ignorant, etc. People whom I think are truly stupid aren't very common. Of course, all of us have our moments where I swear we are as dense as concrete.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-18-2017 12:14 PM
But then he wouldn't have gotten to see your feathers get ruffled.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       01-18-2017 12:11 PM
The way I read that suggested that all astronauts that walked on the moon are now dead. So to clarify he was the last person to actually be on the moon. Fun fact: 6 men who walked on the moon are still alive. Well, unless you think it was a Stanley Kubrick production....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       01-18-2017 11:14 AM
Despite numerous video store closures, one temporary shop opened in Echo Park with only one film in its collection: The Jerry Maguire Video Store. The store contains roughly 14,000 VHS copies of "Jerry Maguire," in English, Spanish and French. The Los Angeles based art collective "Everything Is Terrible!" is behind the project with Anna Bihari and Dimitri Sinakis managing the storefront. "It's bright red, it's beautiful. There are just so many of them," Bihari said. Copies of the 1996 film have been used by the group as a Jerry Maguire throne, a Jerry Maguire costume and now as a Jerry Maguire store for the next few weeks. Though having collected VHS copies for years, the store will not rent out any of its tapes. "That would involve you taking a Jerry from the collection and that is of course not allowed," Sinakis shared. The group, instead, has much higher aspirations for the "Jerry Maguire" collection. "The dream is to build a pyramid out in the desert made entirely of these Jerry Maguires." Sinakis said. Bihari added, "We want to give the Jerrys a forever home."
Attention Whoring 101
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Attention Whoring 101       01-18-2017 11:09 AM
I saw that. Let him figure it out.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-18-2017 10:11 AM
"Not: Spay and neuter people." I can think of some people that we'd be better off having spayed or neutered.
Fix Network and Chat connection problems
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fix Network and Chat connection problems       01-18-2017 07:24 AM
Welcome to the fora. Correction - it's been years, not weeks.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-18-2017 07:23 AM
I rarely hold disdain for anyone based on the discussions we have in here. I can agree to disagree on *almost* anything. Rabbit even managed to smile across a table at me ;)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-18-2017 07:08 AM
We might agree on that topic more than you'd think. I've discussed it at length before.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 23:16 PM
In unrelated animal news..... A young boy has been killed and a young girl critically injured after they were mauled by three dogs in Atlanta Tuesday morning, according to police. The attack reportedly occurred when the kids were walking to their school bus stop. The owner of the dogs, Cameron Tucker, was arrested and charged with two counts of reckless conduct. Animal control officers later took the dogs into custody. The breed of the dogs will come as a surprise to absolutely nobody.
Fascist GOPoop Crooks, Deceivers, and Liars
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Fascist GOPoop Crooks, Deceivers, and Liars       01-17-2017 22:50 PM
For all of your mastery of vocabulary, Z, you haven't a clue as to what "fascist" means.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 21:09 PM
I said it's a waste of time for people who will never be happy with the result. In other words, I would never listen to nutballs like PETA when it comes to animal welfare.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 21:09 PM
I said it's a waste of time for people who will never be happy with the result. In other words, I would never listen to nutballs like PETA when it comes to animal welfare.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       01-17-2017 15:23 PM
It's Q416 day. A lot of people at the post office with a single envelope...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 15:11 PM
"Because I would like to see the entire world go vegan is a reason to torture?" I said nothing that anyone could reasonably interpret to mean that.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 13:43 PM
Sorry that that was rambling and not well organized - on a phone.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 13:42 PM
If you don't think I'm enough of a dick already, Rabbit.... I remember the sordid argument on here re: the shooting of Cecil the lion. I found myself having an argument which went absolutely nowhere. I was attempting to deal with the facts as we had them (appreciating that we may not have had them all) but your position could be summed up as "guy shot a lion = he's guilty". The facts and circumstances that we had were ignored in favor of "I'm sure that's not what happened". Even much more concrete facts like the lack of an arrest and trial you believed to be impending we're ignored. We had statements from their government that he did nothing illegal, he won't be arrested or tried, but you were still clinging to a "that's for the courts to decide" argument. I was so incensed by the apparent lack of understanding that the Cecil lovers had for even the basics surrounding the case that I was definitely, well, "curt". Some said rude. I don't agree, at least I definitely didn't start out that way. Perhaps if on a sunny day someone told me that it was in fact raining I might eventually get rude with them if they couldn't accept the fact that it wasn't raining. So I'm dealing with people who believe that it's always wrong to eat an animal, always wrong to use them for research or in a circus, etc. I'm absolutely convinced that there are no circumstances that an elephant could be kept in for a circus that you would find acceptable. Therefore, all circumstances are deplorable, they are always inhumane, and no improvements would ever be enough. Just like with meat eating. The easiest way to prove that most activists will never be OK with people eating meat no matter how well the animals are treated is to bring up hunting. My mother in law's husband goes deer hunting perhaps 3 times a year. Shoots one deer, collects his trophy, has the animal butchered and most of it is eaten. This should be the ultimate in animal welfare - that deer had a 100% natural life up to that point, and its death was (usually) swift. Yet hunting is still unacceptable to most activists. No farm could ever compete with such living conditions; therefore, no farm would ever be acceptable. Improvements to animal welfare are a waste of time for people who can never be happy with the result. So what's to talk about?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 13:19 PM
There isn't going to be enough popcorn in Iowa...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 12:23 PM
Btw In my experience there is never an end to arguments like this. When dealing with vegan animal rights there is no acceptable way to eat animals, use them for our needs, medical experimentation etc. There are worse and less worse ways to eat animals, but never a way that's OK. There is never a compromise between people with opposing world views. You elevate animals to the same level as humans (or nearly so) and I do not. The emotions riding over this are so intense that we are abandoning reason. If I could believe any of these activists that they want better conditions for the animals then we could talk, but that's not what they want. That's just step one.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 11:32 AM
Most of what I was writing was in response to Annie, Rabbit. The description of them as "The Devil" etc. It just doesn't seem as well-supported to me. I don't think your argument that people would be less likely to eat meat if they killed it themselves holds water. Until quite recently, most people killed their own food animals, and vegetarianism was quite rare. They didn't seem to care about it. My mother remembers when they took their black sheep "Charcoal", which her and her sisters used to sneak into the house, and barbecued her. It was just normal life and nobody sweated it. But I am definitely uninterested in an argument about vegetarianism.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-17-2017 10:33 AM
According to a table on Edmunds, they break down cars into "Premium Recommended" and "Premium Required". My X3 is on the "Premium Required". "If your vehicle is on the "premium recommended" list, you're OK to try switching to regular unleaded gasoline. If, on the other hand, your car is on the "premium required" list, then you have to run premium fuel." I'm still suspicious that this is just playing it safe, and unless you drive your car hard (conditions likely to induce knock) it will make very little difference.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-17-2017 10:30 AM
"Some cars require it like turbo charged engines." Well, mine is a turbo v6. I don't know if it's a sham or what. Turbocharged engines run at higher compressions and at least in principle, this makes them more prone to engine knock and the higher octane thwarts this. Some engines are tuned to run on 87, but some are not. So I dunno if my 89 minimum is just playing it safe, or if my engine is tuned to require it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       01-17-2017 10:16 AM
"GAACK!" - Mr. VA
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       01-17-2017 10:16 AM
This is why we're fucked as a society.... I don't know if she thinks she's discovered Ben Wa Balls or if she actually believes this nonsense... Gwyneth Paltrow, through her website "Goop", states that women should in fact all be putting stone eggs up their vaginas. “The strictly guarded secret of Chinese royalty in antiquity - queens and concubines used them to stay in shape for emperors - jade eggs harness the power of energy work, crystal healing and a Kegel-like physical practice. Fans say regular use increases chi, orgasms, vaginal muscle tone, hormonal balance, and feminine energy in general.” According to Goop, popping the jade egg into your vajayjay will help get rid of negative energy. The rose quartz egg, which is apparently a step-up from the jade one and ideal for those of us who “want to take [our] practice a step further.” “Sadly most people use [their womb] as a psychic trash bin, storing old or negative energy, I see it as a place to celebrate ourselves as sexual, powerful beings, or as mothers, not a place to carry negative or un-dealt-with emotions.” Some women allegedly sleep with their egg in, but for others the power from keeping it in that long is too strong. The eggs can make you more attractive too: “I sometimes feel people are more attracted to you when you’re carrying a jade egg,”
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-17-2017 10:10 AM
My 2013 BMW X3 says it requires 89 or higher. So, at least as specified, yes.
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       01-17-2017 09:46 AM
81-85 for the rest of the week!
One week until full liability.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One week until full liability.       01-17-2017 09:38 AM
I am fortunate in that I have never lost anyone close to me in a DUI accident. In fact, I know only a very few people - none of them well - ever involved in one. My parents, on the other hand, lost a slew of friends to DUIs when they were young. Anyone who said they drank too much and shouldn't drive was called a pussy.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 09:35 AM
How is one to interpret your response of "Shall we also quote chapter and verse the thousands of times scientists fabricate results to meet their end goal? " One thing you won't catch me doing is defending a scientist who fabricates results to meet their end goal; and certainly not with something as lame as "Oh yeah? Animal rights activists do it!"
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 09:28 AM
Didn't you ask me before about someone being over the top? re: "I suppose it is easier to believer that all animals lead a happy, healthy life and when they die they are sent to a clean, sterile place to be processed into food. Or that all of the animals in zoos or circuses or sea world are sane and chose to be there and live happily ever after. " I suppose it's easier to believe that anyone said anything of the sort.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-17-2017 09:25 AM
JW: Am I the only one having a terrible time with the site this morning?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 08:53 AM
Probably not wise to revisit this, but.... It's difficult to talk about this whole elephant thing with such impassioned animal welfare activists (and dare I say the word activist applies here) because their bias so strongly warps their perception, causing them to emphasize facts supportive to their cause while ignoring or dismissing those which are not. Let me preface this by saying that I am largely sympathetic to their goals; I am hardly some kind of shill for Barnum & Bailey. I have not seriously followed the issue and only hear about it when someone around me makes some noise about it. Obviously, circuses will do whatever they can to protect their interests. You likely consider their credibility to be near-zero. The problem is that I also consider the credibility of animals rights activists to be near-zero. They have a long history of gathering up only facts and footage supportive to their position. If there is hidden video footage of 50 million animals being slaughtered, and during those 25 are grotesquely mistreated (like in the videos we've been treated to), that's what we will see, and it will be presented as business as usual in an attempt to mislead us into thinking that every chicken we eat has been through something like Hostel. And if there isn't enough footage, some are not above simply fabricating it. Below we saw an example of a $270,000 fine that Feld paid to the USDA for violations of animal welfare laws. A big deal was made about how this was the biggest case of its type in history. Mind you, given that they are also the largest purveyor of performing exotic animals, this probably shouldn't be too surprising. What was not mentioned was that in 2014 the Humane Society agreed to pay Feld $15.75 million in damages for 14 years of harrasing lawsuits and false allegations, including paying witnesses to lie about animal abuse they say they saw. In 2012 the ASPCA reached a similar settlement with them for years of false claims of animal abuse. If their animal abuse is so pervasive, why on earth did this outcome happen? So - sorry. I have about as much faith in circuses as truth tellers as I do animal rights activists.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       01-17-2017 07:56 AM
Now there's a happy thought. Congrats!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-17-2017 05:05 AM
Noor Salman, the wife of Pulse night club shooter Omar Mateen, was arrested by the FBI today in San Francisco yesterday and has been charged with obstruction of justice and with aiding and abetting Mateen's attempted provision and provision of material support to ISIS, the US Attorney's office has stated. Salman's lawyer, Linda Moreno, said in a statement to ABC News, "Noor Salman had no foreknowledge nor could she predict what Omar Mateen intended to do that tragic night. Noor has told her story of abuse at his hands. We believe it is misguided and wrong to prosecute her and that it dishonors the memories of the victims to punish an innocent person." Salman is expected to appear in court on Tuesday for a first appearance, her lawyer said. She is expected to be extradited to Florida, where she was indicted.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 21:42 PM
Here's the distinction I'm making. I don't think you or anyone else is alleging that circuses mistreat animals for the sheer joy of doing so. What they are guilty of is indifference - indifference as to what animals go through for the purposes of serving in the circus. But without a circus - why do so anymore? What is it you think they could possibly get out of raising animals purely to mistreat them? What is it you are thinking is going to happen now?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       01-16-2017 20:52 PM
As seen on facebook... "Obama should resign a couple of days early and make Biden the 45th president, just to ruin all of Trump's merchandise."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 20:28 PM
Look... They have animals. They have to go somewhere. They have a few options: 1. Process them all as hamburger 2. House them in perpetuity in good conditions for no reason. 3. House them in perpetuity in bad conditions for no reason. 4. Develop their facility out as some kind of bad reserve and charge admission. 5. Develop their facility out as some kind of good reserve and charge admission. 6. Sell them. 7. Let them loose on the streets. You seem to think that all options are more or less equally likely. In fact, you seem to think that the more horrible the option is, the more likely they are to do it. Profit driven? Sure. But evil without profit makes even less sense than profitable evil. Their only option for a future at this point seems to be in "conservation", even if they don't know what to do with it right now. Simply warehousing or murdering animals is not only senseless but counterproductive to all but the most sadastic of aims; hence I'm not really interested in entertaining such options without evidence of their intentions.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 20:14 PM
Is it never possible to be for or against something without being so over the top as to lose all ability to reason or discern hyperbole from fact? There is no value in keeping elephants in such a facility if they can't display them. They have no visitor facilities and they are not open to the public. Their location around 45 minutes "down the road" from Disney is irrelevant if nobody can go there. As much as they have been maligned for using animals for profit, there is no profit in what you are suggesting. Zero. Elephants are extraordinarily expensive to keep under any conditions. If they can't use them in their shows, or charge for visitors, why do it at all? SOMEONE is paying for it. So please. Let your hatred and disdain down just a little bit and use your heads. I don't like what they've done either, but what you are suggesting is neither possible nor profitable. I can't take "facts" seriously from anyone who is so blinded by anger that they can't carry on a conversation.
Election Post-Mortem, Part II
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem, Part II       01-16-2017 19:50 PM
I actually see this as inescapable - you can't honestly blame Trump for Clinton losing. You can primarily blame two groups for this result: Democrat strategists who totally fucked up the campaign, and Democrat voters who didn't think voting was very important. Paraphrased.... I've played in plenty of baseball games where one team thought they so had it in the bag that they let some bozo pitch who normally can't, gave their best players the day off, a guy behind the plate who can't make throws to second and anyone willing to swing a bat up to the plate. And as a result, the team lost. And they were not so out of it as to think it's because the other team did anything wrong.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem, Part II       01-16-2017 19:45 PM
That statement was certainly not meant to be all-encompassing. To a good extent, that's true - this election was Clinton's to win, and she didn't. Why? It sure wasn't because Trump was awesome. Republicans fucked up too. But that's not enough. The Democrats thought Republicans fucking up would be sufficient for them to win. Wrong. "Bush Sucks" didn't work for Democrats in 2004 and "Trump sucks" sure didn't work for them in 2016. People want to vote *for* something. What could Trump offer? A bit of ridiculous showmanship and being a political outcast. What could Clinton offer? Sanity's boring. Anything good? Oh right - tell rural white voters that they are uncultured racist homophobic morons saturated in white privilege. How did that work? Obama absolutely nailed it by stating more or less the same thing, that while he always knew he couldn't win most of these counties, he could try and at least lose them 60:40 instead of 80:20. Democrats didn't just ignore them - they openly ridiculed them. "Fuck you then" was the answer they got for that. And that will last longer than 4 years. Democrats did a tremendous amount of damage to themselves this cycle with white rural voters, to the point where they chose to vote for this clown.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 19:35 PM
200 acres for 70 elephants is nowhere near adequate, I would think. Previously the number residing there was not that large because most were on the road with the show, but now - what are they going to do? This could be anything from a disaster to a great opportunity to give their elephants the best life they can. Who knows. Right now it's more or less a kennel for elephants, which is not good. I find it hard to believe this is their intended future.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem, Part II       01-16-2017 18:22 PM
I did, but not directly. Republicans won because Democrats lost.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 16:34 PM
From an article "The Felds [owners] say their existing animals — lions, tigers, camels, donkeys, alpacas, kangaroos and llamas — will go to suitable homes. Juliette Feld says the company will continue operating the Center for Elephant Conservation." ------ I had not heard of this. The Center for Elephant Conservation (CEC) is a 200-acre breeding farm and retirement facility for elephants in Polk City, Florida, opened in 1995. The CEC is solely sponsored by Feld Entertainment, the holding company which owns Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus. Currently they are home to 70 elephants (including those involved in the shows) and are the largest gene pool of Asian elephants outside of the Indian subcontinent. So - I dunno what'll happen with these guys. Will they attempt to expand them to sort of an African Lion Safari tourist attraction? Obviously they can't just up and shut it down, even if that's what they wanted to do.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 16:27 PM
You mean: Pedophiles often use computers. Computers control nuclear weapons. Pedophiles control nuclear weapons. Tried to work the Terminator in there but it didn't flow well.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem, Part II       01-16-2017 16:26 PM
Correction: I said: Hillary got far fewer votes than Obama did. Not really true. She received only slightly fewer than Obama did in 2012. My mistake.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem, Part II       01-16-2017 16:03 PM
This op/ed is worth considering. observer.c om/2017/01/democrats-need-to-learn-how-to-win-elections/
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Election Post-Mortem, Part II       01-16-2017 16:02 PM
It's been about 11 weeks since a complete buffoon won the presidential election, and the shattering defeat of Republicans at all levels most certainly did not come to pass. Reading these fora, and most of the media (social and actual) in general, what are people talking about? Trump sucks. Got it. I insist that Democrats are still refusing to come to grips with why they lost. They didn't lose because of Russia, or the KKK, or rednecks. They lost because they focused on the wrong states, the wrong contests, did almost nothing to promote Hillary as a candidate (figuring that "Trump sucks" would be sufficient), and focused far too much on the presidency. As a result the Republicans wiped the floor with them across the country. The "get out the vote" campaign was completely undermined by the message "Relax... we've got this in the bag." Hillary got far fewer votes than Obama did. Democrats no-showed on election day. It would have been even more had a bunch of panicked PST voters not rushed to the polls in a pointless effort to try to save Hillary when they realized it wasn't in the bag after all. A PST-zone smashing is pointless when Trump won the rest of the country and already had the votes. So after all of this, what do we see? Social media uprisings. Petitions. College campus workshops. A lot of whining by people who still don't understand that the only polls that matter were those on Nov. 8. Elections are not altered by Likes, Shares and Tweets. They just don't get it. The strategy of mocking Republicans and their voters is not working. Democrats are going to need to convince Americans as to why they should vote for them, and they need to do it in the right states. California and New York could have gone 99:1 for Clinton and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference. I play baseball. The winning team is the one with the most runs at the end. Not the most hits, strikeouts, walks, home runs, doubles, or stolen bases. Runs. The other things are factors in how the runs are arrived at, but when at the end, runs are all that matters. Not who played a better game, had nicer uniforms, or had the most enlightened fans. Runs. End of story.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       01-16-2017 15:31 PM
I didn't see that! Happy birthday Mrs. Scandle. I think you deserve at least 10 more glorious birthday orgasms.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       01-16-2017 15:09 PM
Fun Fact: The first message sent to Moscow via the Washington-Moscow Hotline was a (very common) test message, reading "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG 1234567890". Moscow, competent in English but not familiar with the use of the sentence for typography testing, responded with "What do your people mean when they say "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"?"
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       01-16-2017 15:05 PM
*SHOP AROUND* Call pharmacies. Call 25 of them if you need to. There are often drastic pricing differences between them. Whatever you do, please don't ever deal with sellers getting their supplies from unknown origins. You've seen those signs "We buy diabetic test strips"? There is a big racket out there where people try to ration themselves on diabetic supplies so they can not use them all and sell them for cash. Medicare/Medicaid/insurance bears the burden (which really means we all do) and then these asshole re-sell them at a higher price. It's widespread, costs us all money, and encourages diabetics to not use what they are supposed to (or steal grandma's meds to sell). Please do not support it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 15:01 PM
This is one of those rare moments where something ncal has said isn't entirely crazy. He's referring to a three-year US Fish and Wildlife Service study that found that cats kill billions of wild birds every year, some of them endangered species, and that cats are a big threat to the survival of some species. I don't believe the report mentioned anything about the cats belonging to liberals. So while ncal himself may be laughable, this stuff he spewed has a nugget of reality to it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 14:57 PM
"Rarely have I seen organizations like Ringling do the right thing for the animals. " Well, they have to do something with them. They need to be handled differently than other animals. They can't be released in the wild, but they can't be just dropped in zoos either. They are conditioned very differently then other animals, and while we may not like the nature of the contact they had with humans, they nevertheless spent most of their time with humans in order to keep them usable in the shows. To suddenly withdraw human interaction entirely would probably bring about undesirable behaviors. Someone somewhere must know something about adjusting former performing animals to zoo or sanctuary animals. I'm sure it's a stepwise process with some amount of risk.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 14:42 PM
Please tell me he didn't say it was because of Obamacare....
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-16-2017 14:41 PM
We have before discussed the very poor understanding of risk that people have. They are deathly afraid of letting their kid walk somewhere alone, given the 1 in 200 zillion chance that they will be abducted. Yet without a second thought, they routinely put them in a car and drive somewhere, with a higher risk that they will be killed in an accident. Or the incalculably small risk that a piece of Halloween candy will have been maliciously handled prior to their kid eating it, compared to the very real risk of them being smooshed by a car while running between houses.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 14:30 PM
"Of course their ticket sales will spike due to the announcement of their closing so part of me believes their closing may not be entirely true. " Seriously doubt it. These events are planned long in advance. For them to change their mind in the spring would still result of months of expenses with no revenue to ramp things up again. If they are closing down forever, it's because they're losing money. They will likely have a huge spike for their farewell tours, probably sold-outs everywhere, resulting in them having a breakeven or slightly profitable final year, but it'll be just enough to let them close peacefully as opposed to a bloodthirsty bankruptcy procedure. It'll also keep them just solvent enough to place the animals they still have before collapsing. If they were to suddenly go bankrupt, there is a good chance the animals would be placed in immediate peril. In other words, be glad they're doing it this way.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-16-2017 12:38 PM
JW if Amber Alerts contribute to the misconception that the world is becoming more and more dangerous for our children. (I am not in any way demeaning their value in finding abducted or lost children). Consider the following: 1. Due to the nature of their broadcast and social media, many of us hear about every stinkin' Amber alert everywhere in North America. 2. The great majority of Amber alerts do not involve anyone menacing or even a dangerous situation. Most of them are cases where a kid isn't where their parents think they are (a friend's house, runaway with a boyfriend, etc). 3. We rarely learn the outcome of Amber alerts. Usually, it's just that the kid "has been found", which might mean they simply came home, or returned their parent's text messages, as opposed to being located by police at a truck stop hundreds of miles from home. In other words, some little snot in Oregon is mad at her parents, goes to a friend's house, doesn't answer her phone and BAM - Amber alert, the whole world hears about it. 30 years ago we would simply never hear about something like this. Recently there was one where it turned out that the kid was in her room with headphones in and her parents didn't even know.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       01-16-2017 10:49 AM
81 today.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       01-16-2017 10:48 AM
We are part of an HOA (like almost any nice neighborhood in Florida), and a pretty anal one at that. We knew that when we bought the house, and accepted the double-edged swordiness that it brings. On one hand, property values are high because every house looks magazine-ready. On the other, sometimes they get up your ass over the littlest things and are aggressive from the beginning. We got a letter on Friday, dated Jan. 5, stating that we needed to repaint our exterior. I looked outside - yeah, ok - it could use it. We were planning on having the entire back deck and pool repainted in the spring anyway; we can combine these. However, the letter demands that it be completed within 10 days of the letter, i.e. Today. Um, no. That's not realistic.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-16-2017 06:07 AM
Now I am going to need a new analogy for Robert, should he ever return to the fora.
That happened .
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > That happened .       01-15-2017 23:21 PM
I never understood why people ever act like this. I had a guy threaten to knife me in a grocery store when it was the second time he happened upon me in the aisles. Seriously? You just stab people at random?
Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People       01-15-2017 17:50 PM
HT: Hit the ball field yesterday for the first time in months. Felt great (yesterday). FB: Hit the ball field yesterday for the first time in months. I feel terrible (today).
One week until full liability.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One week until full liability.       01-15-2017 17:45 PM
Once a week or so I walk back into Politics to see what's up.... the result is typically the same.. Z has about a half-dozen new threads that say a lot without really saying anything. Sar has about 15 new threads, each beginning with a reason that Trump sucks, and then quickly veering into any of the other 800 reasons Trump sucks, so after 3-5 posts all threads are more or less the same, since they are all just random reasons why Trump sucks. ncal's posting a bunch of worthless shit. tbr is arguing with everyone else, and usually it's not very interesting.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-15-2017 16:53 PM
The Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus will close in May, 2017, after 146 years of operations. They cited declining attendance and increasing operating costs - i.e. they aren't financially successful anymore and see no way to change that. The animal welfare issue aside, it makes me a little sad that kids in the future won't be able to experience it. I remember the guys on their motorcycles in the globes, the acrobats, etc as a kid and those are very fond memories.
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       01-14-2017 13:42 PM
*sigh* I do love my mother, and I do miss her, but this visit has brought up a lot of bad memories. And outright lies. Either she thinks I'm an idiot with no capacity for memory myself or she's been telling everyone lies for so long that she doesn't know what's true and what's not anymore. I'm ready for her to go home. Saying that makes me sad.
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       01-14-2017 13:39 PM
HT: my mother and her husband are visiting us for a week. It's the first time in 17 years since she visited us. FB: as it turns out, 5 days is how long it takes for her to get over the euphoria on being on a vacation and visiting us, and has descended into a negative cycle, doing nothing but bitching about my Dad, whom she divorced 20 years ago. what is she so mad about? Well, one time our family was walking past some cars with some friends of theirs. One car had a bumper sticker that said "license to bitch" on it. My father and their friends snickered at it. My mother, however, concluded that this was some covert effort to call her a bitch in front of everyone. No amount of assurance to the contrary would change that conclusion. She made a huge scene about it. She's still mad at him for that, as of about 1 hour ago. That was in 1981.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       01-14-2017 12:25 PM
"No amount of your belief in something can turn it into a fact." - James Randi
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       01-14-2017 12:01 PM
77 today. Back on the ball field and it was awesome.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-14-2017 11:57 AM
Scarier then ever while simultaneously being safer than ever. A bizarre dichotomy.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-14-2017 11:54 AM
Why are people sharing stories about the generic EpiPen?
The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.       01-13-2017 22:35 PM
IceBourg Sounds like an overweight Jewish rap star.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-13-2017 22:33 PM
JW: Who exactly DID put the bomp in the bomp sha bomp sha bomp? and Who put the ram in the ramalama ding dong?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-12-2017 16:24 PM
JW: is the hokey pokey really what it's all about?
CIA Director Nominee Agrees Kremlin Involved In Cyber-Attacks To Influence Election Of Trump
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > CIA Director Nominee Agrees Kremlin Involved In Cyber-Attacks To Influence Election Of Trump       01-12-2017 16:22 PM
So...wait... He sucks because he's Trump's pick? Or he doesn't suck because he disagrees with Trump?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-12-2017 08:40 AM
I'd like to know how well people who are taught to type type vs those who just figured it out themselves. I (and most people I grew up with) never went through a typing class. Yet I can type.
Trump, Pence hammer CNN for flat out lies and fake news
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Trump, Pence hammer CNN for flat out lies and fake news       01-12-2017 08:38 AM
In fairness... Shepard Smith (in a manner that sure sounded like he was speaking on behalf of Fox News) defended CNN on the matter. “President-elect Trump today told CNN’s Jim Acosta that his organization amounts to fake news. CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property,” Smith said, drawing a distinction between CNN’s reporting and that of BuzzFeed News, which released the entire contents of the Russian dossier. “Though we at Fox News cannot confirm CNN’s report, it is our observation that its correspondents followed journalistic standards,” Smith said. “Neither they, nor any other journalists, should be subjected to belittling and delegitimizing by the president-elect of the United States.”
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-10-2017 15:28 PM
Every new generation sees the oldest ones as a bunch of useless old fuddy-duddies, and the oldest sees the youngest as a bunch of lazy stupid spoiled brats. This hasn't changed.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       01-10-2017 15:14 PM
70 today, but warming through the week. Ain't I an asshole? ;)
Fitness Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Fitness Bitchfest       01-10-2017 15:13 PM
STILL coughing some at night and unable to exert myself in the morning without a coughing fit. Thankfully, I believe I'm almost clear. By the time our latest batch of visitors clear next Monday, I *hope* my lungs are perfect.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-10-2017 15:10 PM
(yet here I am talking politics) You're right tbr. I had a conversation with my daughter and her friends were all beside themselves, while most admitted they didn't vote. They felt they didn't have to because so many people had told them that the Republicans didn't have a prayer. In a sense, they believed "the adults would take care of this", without appreciating that they are adults. Object lesson: mass ridicule of your opposition's prospects as impossible results in your supporters feeling like they don't need to vote. Don't do that again. Like, ever.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       01-10-2017 15:07 PM
Our neighbor totally rocks the whole professional intellectual look. I'd totally fuck her if I didn't have to live next door to her.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       01-10-2017 14:18 PM
I like to talk politics all the time, but not here. I'm only going to say this, and it's the same thing I repeated to everyone who didn't like what Obama was doing: Elections have consequences.
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.