Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 28583
Last 100 Displayed

Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-21-2017 23:09 PM
Nobody is interested in the nonsensical ravings of whatever you are - some combination of lunatic/troll/idiot/drunk. I care not what proportion make up your persona, but I am not going to grant you any real estate in my head, nor will I allow you to ruin my wonderful day.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-21-2017 16:18 PM
We got a clear sky and 2 min 25 seconds of glorious totality. What a sight to behold. The difference between 99% and 100% eclipse is massive. A dark sky with a black sun, wispy white trails coming from it. The stars came out, the bugs began their night noises, and the temperature plunged. Pictures and words do not do it justice. If you haven't experienced it you cannot understand. Just....wow.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-21-2017 12:46 PM
Since nutcal spends the bulk of his life "in the dark" anyway I don't imagine him missing a couple of extra minutes will make a difference. T minus 108 minutes until totality! Be safe everyone!
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-21-2017 11:59 AM
Good. I understand the school's position though. They don't want to be sued when dumb kids hurt their eyes. We have 2 12-year olds with us who are missing their first day of school to see it. The unspoken understanding is that widespread absenteeism is expected today and nothing important will happen at school.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-21-2017 08:37 AM
Seriously peeps - make a pinhole camera. There are loads of good articles and videos on how to do it so you can watch with no glasses. All you need is a box some aluminum foil white paper and tape. We are at our destination and the weather is clear. I am giddy.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-20-2017 23:33 PM
I predict large numbers of eye injuries and traffic-related accidents/problems from motorists not paying attention, or racing to another location to avoid cloud cover.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-19-2017 19:39 PM
Annie, I suspect the answer to that is no, since I can see through them a little under normal lighting conditions. Nanoo, nanoo. Oh wait wrong aliens....
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-19-2017 12:18 PM
So there has been a lot of panic now that people fear they have cheap knockoff eclipse glasses that are not going to protect them. If you have glasses and you are unsure: Test them by looking at gradually brighter lights with them. If you can see ordinary household lights through them, they aren't dark enough. For the most part, if you are outside with them on, only the sun will be bright enough for you to see. "You shouldn't be able to see anything through a safe solar filter except the sun itself or something comparably bright, such as the sun reflected in a mirror, a sunglint off shiny metal, the hot filament of an unfrosted incandescent light bulb, a bright halogen light bulb, a multiple-white-LED flashlight, or an arc-welder's torch."
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-17-2017 23:15 PM
Yes - I mentioned the 2024 eclipse in my original post. re: " i ain't willing to pay the prices i'm seeing on the web. " Our son had the brilliant idea to get our company logo printed on custom eclipse glasses and mail them - with a customized letter stating exactly what they will be able to see and when - to our entire company mailing list. If you do it in advance long enough and order enough, they are quite cheap. $380 for 500. So we kept a few for ourselves. We got some feedback from our mailing list that they thought it was incredibly clever.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-17-2017 16:52 PM
NJ - you will getting 75+% coverage. The entire country will have SOMETHING to see. And yes, mathematics are beautiful. Someone - might have been Fun - witnessed me getting into a math-based argument with someone and noted that "VA will crush you with his calculator". I am blown away with how many people think they can argue with arithmetic and algebra.
Eclipse 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Eclipse 2017       08-17-2017 14:42 PM
Just popping in to share with you how excited I am about the eclipse on Monday. I have been waiting for this day for 30 years. We will be watching from far western North Carolina and I couldn't be more excited. Forecast is for a nearly 100% chance of a clear sky, and we have a spot at 3,800 feet so it's above the clouds that often form in that part of the Smokies. There are many interactive maps where you can see what will be visible to you. Please don't try to watch it with sunglasses or some sort of makeshift implement. When the sun is mostly, but not totally, obscured, your iris will open and it will not be uncomfortable, but the UV from the photosphere can and will do damage to your eyes without you feeling any pain. And don't wait until Monday morning to try to buy eclipse glasses. This is the first total eclipse in the US is almost 40 years - do you think WalMart just keeps stock for the once every few decades eclipse? It is, however, safe to look bare-eyed during (and only during) totality., which I will get to see 290 glorious seconds of. There will be another in 2024, and a really spectacular one in 2045. Those are the last *total* eclipses in the continental US occurring within my probable lifetime. I also see these events as a triumph of science. The fact that we can pin down such incredible details of how much, where and when - to the SECOND and to the MILE - centuries in advance is a testament to the brilliance of the scientific minds such as Newton and our firm understanding of gravitational theory. I love spectacularly precise confirmations of science. Happy viewing, all!
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       08-09-2017 10:18 AM
1. It's not. I suck. 2. I'm just poking in to say hi. 3. We made more money at work than any month before in July. 4. I must take note of the negative relationship between my productivity and time spent on SLS.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       08-09-2017 09:12 AM
Well, I did it. One month of no forum posts. I am not reading the 1,300 posts in Open Forum that I missed, but I hope everyone's well.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       07-09-2017 17:04 PM
Unrelated.... I am going to attempt to break my fora habit for a while. It was easier to justify when I enjoyed it more. But lately the aggravation outweighs the laughs. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. I'm going to even resist the temptation to just read without replying. I'm sure that like alcohol, I'll be back, taking in ever increasing doses to attempt to have the laughs I once had. Perhaps a break will improve my mood. But in case I'm not back for a while, enjoy your summer.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       07-09-2017 16:59 PM
Thanks. He was quite old and while it had been expected for a long time he wouldn't be around much longer, the exact timing was a surprise.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-09-2017 15:17 PM
Have you ever seen that viral photograph of an older couple at a buffet on a cruise ship - his shirt says "If Found Return to Rita", and her shirt says "I am Rita"? Fun Fact: those were Mrs VA's grandparents. The photo was actually taken by someone who didn't know them in 2009 but didn't make it onto the net until about 2011. She died about 6 years ago. He died last night.
Bitch of the Day --2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Bitch of the Day --2017       07-09-2017 15:14 PM
BOTD: Mrs VA's grandfather died last night. She still has 2 paternal grandparents.
Recent Movies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Recent Movies       07-09-2017 12:10 PM
I tried and failed to make a sniglet out of that.
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-09-2017 12:08 PM
For most it seems that politically-slanted posts are ok so long as they are slanted in the direction one prefers. i.e. Liberals tolerate liberal-love posts, and make their own, while telling conservatives to take it to politics, and vice versa.
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       07-08-2017 22:39 PM
FB: lost the game today. HT: it was a great season, and I had a good day overall on the mound, even though we lost. Our team couldn't get our bats together.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-08-2017 17:09 PM
Only if you're in a gravitational lock with me.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       07-08-2017 15:58 PM
Wow Kibbs that's awesome. Congrats.
Jokes and Funnies feel free to add your own
FORUMS > General Discussions > Jokes and Funnies > Jokes and Funnies feel free to add your own       07-08-2017 14:49 PM
Awful, but I laughed. One man talking to his friend: You know, I think my wife might be dead. DEAD? Yeah. The sex is the same but the dishes are piling up.
Jokes and Funnies feel free to add your own
FORUMS > General Discussions > Jokes and Funnies > Jokes and Funnies feel free to add your own       07-08-2017 14:48 PM
Lol
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-08-2017 14:45 PM
Oh btw I'm well aware that there are a great many articles advocating it, but all are conjecture, and no studies have actually shown any benefit. I should point out that another evolutionary reason (which I didn't think of, but found upon reading) is to dispose of evidence of birth in order to not attract the attention of predators.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-08-2017 14:38 PM
There is absolutely no reason to do so. Animals have evolved to do it because they are (typically) spending most of their lives with barely enough to eat, and when you have a few hundred calories of warm food that won't run away, after having performed a very metabolically expensive act of birthing, you need every calorie you can get, especially if you're a species without a male partner to help get food. But it seriously offers no benefits over a cheeseburger. You'd probably rather eat that.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-08-2017 14:24 PM
I do find this interesting. What they have is an excellent opportunity in Didymos, a binary asteroid with two 170 m rocks held in a gravitational lock. We will hit one of them, and by using the un-hit one as a reference point and measuring their divergence we can have a very accurate assessment of the change in trajectory.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 17:18 PM
I didn't say "liberal elites". I said people like Sar. He's no more of an elite than you or I are - an educated and (presumably) high-performing and respected professional. Unless there's something going on here that I don't know about (and I have no reason to believe there is), he's not an "elite", although he might consider himself to be one. When I say "people like [him]" what I meant was a well-off professional in New York City who has no concept whatsoever with respect to how someone in Cheyenne, WY, or the suburbs of Columbia, SC thinks or lives. He ridicules and looks down on everyone who isn't almost exactly like himself, and *never* admits he is mistaken. There are similar Republican-leaning people. Perhaps some half-dentitioned hick going on about immigrants and gays and such, or a "fuck all the poor people" ultra capitalist who will screw anyone for a buck and openly talks smack about struggling or poor people - Martin Shkreli for example. These people inspire people to vote Democrat.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 12:54 PM
I'm tempering my statement by clarifying that we may not wish to put all that much stock in what this motley crew thinks. What I write isn't hard to understand for people who wish to do so. Liberals like tbr, Fun etc. have no problems with doing so.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 12:43 PM
No, you don't get it. I doubt you'll find anyone here who thinks you do.... not that this crowd as a whole is the most astute, but...
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 12:14 PM
I'm doing a bit of a Perf thing here by breaking my response into so many pieces.... I wonder if what I'm witnessing here is the same thing I've witnessed in many physicians. Many are simply incapable of admitting that they made a misstatement or were outright wrong. Many will dig in no matter how blindingly obvious it is that they've said something completely and verifiably wrong. I had a physician once almost shouting at me that doxycycline was a macrolide, not a tetracycline. When he first said it and I insisted otherwise, he became so irate I thought he was going to punch me. He was ready to die on the cross insisting that it was a macrolide, refusing to even consider that a lowly expert in medicinal chemistry might be right and he the exhalted physician might be wrong.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 12:08 PM
Think about it this way... Would it *really* be that hard for you to have said "That's not what I meant... I meant that he just signed a bunch of fluff and played a lot of golf"? If I was trying to make a point that it hasn't rained much lately here, and I said "It has rained zero (0) times in the last month" and then someone pointed out that it had, in fact, rained 11 times for a total of 5 inches of rainfall.... Wouldn't you think I was an idiot for digging in and insisting that my statement was accurate?!?!?!?!? The respectable thing to do would be to say "OK, yeah that was reaching... I meant it hadn't rained enough, not that it hadn't rained at all".
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 12:00 PM
You'll never get it, Sar. You'll never understand where I stand on issues. You'll never understand why you saying in two months he signed zero (0) laws into effect is just wrong. You'll never understand that I was under no circumstances saying that any of the ones he has signed in were meaningful, significant, useful or "good" in any way. You'll never understand why people like yourself are the biggest single reason that Trump was elected in the first place. People like you are what drive a great many to vote Republican. Read that last one again. Massive numbers of Democrats would agree with me. I know you won't believe me. I'm sure it's comforting for you to believe what you believe, but other than people who are flat out crazy (which I believe you are not), I don't think we've ever had anyone on these boards who is as disconnected from the average American.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-07-2017 09:10 AM
Sar's really going to dig in. He's truly incapable of admitting he said something that is dumb or outright wrong. I guess it's not like we've never seen anyone here like this before....
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-06-2017 21:57 PM
"But you'll probably still claim you're right... somehow" I'm thinking that's what he's doing.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-06-2017 18:00 PM
Oh come on - seriously? You're going to prop him up like that?
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-06-2017 17:59 PM
Hint: The longest Trump has gone without signing a new law in is 15 days, and it was the last 2 weeks of May, not at the beginning. He's signed 42 laws and 1 treaty thus far - 2 in January 5 in February 10 in March (+1 treaty) 12 in April 5 in May 8 in June As of June 10, he had signed 37 bills into law. At that point in his presidency, President Obama had signed off on 24 bills. President George W. Bush signed 15, President Clinton 33 bills and President George H.W. Bush 35. ------------------- None of this should be taken as an endorsement of anything. Most of these laws are minor and "business as usual" kind of stuff. But you'll probably still claim you're right... somehow. You should probably take some lessons from tbr. He rarely makes an outright mistake about a verifiable fact, and if he does he's enough of a grownup to own up to it. I suggest googling your "facts" before you type them.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-06-2017 17:46 PM
"he spent 2 months golfing and signed zero (0) legislations or laws" Sorry- what 2 months was that?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-06-2017 13:56 PM
I'm finding the story a little hard to believe. Will need more information.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       07-06-2017 12:00 PM
Hooray! Our 10 year mark with SLS was a couple of weeks ago.
catchy title name or campaigns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > catchy title name or campaigns       07-06-2017 11:41 AM
Our septic service truck says "We're #1 in the #2 business"
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-06-2017 09:24 AM
In 1937 Japan was embroiled in war with China and completely dominated the western pacific. We were also under a strong attitude of neutrality and did not have a large military force to take on another power. It might have simply been not worth it. Japan may have made demands about their return that the US was not willing to meet. This entire fiasco, though, requires thousands of Japanese and numerous Americans having kept their mouths shut for 80 years.
Attention Whoring 101
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Attention Whoring 101       07-06-2017 01:02 AM
Cool.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 23:06 PM
"Sadly, either way, she is gone. " I think she'd be gone by now no matter what. She'd be 120 in a few weeks. What I was completely unaware of (only being vaguely familiar with her story) was that she was not alone on her trip. Fred Noonan was her navigator and was lost with her (and allegedly shown in this picture in question). I was always under the impression that she was attempting the trip solo. So - she was an esteemed aviator, and he was an esteemed navigator. OK. Seems like a natural pairing for the trip.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 22:19 PM
So it seems we have new information (or wild speculation) in a very cold case - the disappearance of Amelia Earhart. It seems that stories from locals that she was "rescued" from a crash near the Marshall Islands by Japanese soldiers and held as a suspected spy until she died have been around for many years, but old photos found in the National Archives show what some say is the wreckage of her plane being salvaged and towed by barge to an atoll. I don't know how responsible the people making this claim are, but it sounds interesting.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-05-2017 22:14 PM
You seem like a bit of a sage, Good4Life, and a fine fellow to sit down and have a bourbon with.
Professional's exceeding professionalism
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Professional's exceeding professionalism       07-05-2017 22:13 PM
A little over a year ago, hundreds of doctors, nurses and support staff were mustered in the middle of the night to attend to dozens of wounded and dying people, and hundreds of police officers had to deal with a psycho with a military grade rifle at the Pulse nightclub here in Orlando. All of these people were ordinary in their being extraordinary.
Attention Whoring 101
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Attention Whoring 101       07-05-2017 22:08 PM
You clearly need instruction. Nobody takes your Flat Earth bait.
Yo
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Yo       07-05-2017 22:07 PM
Yo Adrian! I find it rather ridiculous that this thread gets bumped from time to time, but hey why the fuck not.
Talking during sex.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Talking during sex.       07-05-2017 22:06 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but I figured that "Women Talk" wasn't a pickup joint. ;)
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-05-2017 15:48 PM
Inez, that's not exactly true. Different sharks have different amounts of trimethylamine-N-oxide (TMNO) in their flesh, which they - yes - use to waste nitrogen through their urinary system (I did not know until you previously brought it up that most sharks do this through their skin). Some have much more TMNO than others and most cannot be eaten "as-is" without some type of preparation to remove this. This fairly toxic and nasty smelling/tasting stuff can be removed by properly treating the meat by soaking in repeated ice-cold water changes. This is in fact effective enough that in many countries (such as the UK and Australia) shark meat is cheap enough that it's used in fish and chips.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-05-2017 14:52 PM
Seen on facebook: "Now that I've read through my facebook feed, I finally understand why they need to write "DO NOT EAT" on silica packets.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-05-2017 14:51 PM
"she will surface one of these day" In a Yokohama fish market?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-05-2017 14:50 PM
"she was advised to take two capsules three times a day." By a highly qualified professional, I am sure.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-05-2017 14:49 PM
I've never heard of "placenta pills", but the Internet knows no bounds for "health" bullshit. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning about the dangers of taking placenta pills after childbirth after a mother from Oregon passed down a deadly blood infection to her baby. Some new moms swear by it: taking placenta pills to boost energy, replace nutrients lost during childbirth and nourish their growing babies. But in a new warning, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging moms to stop taking placenta pills. “No standards exist for processing placenta for consumption … placenta ingestion has recently been promoted to postpartum women for its physical and psychological benefits, although scientific evidence to support this is lacking,” the CDC says in its report. “The placenta encapsulation process does not per se eradicate infectious pathogens; thus, placenta capsule ingestion should be avoided,” it concludes. Placentophagy, which is when people eat the placenta after giving birth, has been around for millennia, but scientists have questioned its safety and whether the practice actually offers health benefits. Over the past few years, it’s gained in popularity: celebrities and everyday moms swear by keeping the placenta after childbirth and consuming it raw, cooked or preserved. In some cases, companies will dehydrate the placenta and turn it into pills for convenient consumption. In the CDC’s report, an Oregon mom turned to a company to encapsulate her placenta. It was dehydrated and turned into pills within three days after she gave birth – she was advised to take two capsules three times a day.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-05-2017 14:14 PM
Well, it could be one of two things. Either: 1. A pamphlet. 2. A very thick book of things he thinks he knows, but doesn't. I suspect #1. #2 could probably stop a Howitzer round.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-05-2017 13:50 PM
Maybe she's making promo appearances for Sharknado 5: Global Swarming It's tag line is "Make America Bait Again". I'm completely serious.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 13:46 PM
According to other stories I read, she's considered an "alleged victim". She ain't gonna be charged. Come on....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-05-2017 13:45 PM
"Stuff I Know" by ncal.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 13:24 PM
.... aaaaaaaaaaaaand one more It's the summer time, and you know what that means! Weekly reports of shootings in Chicago. And July 4 does not disappoint. At least 101 people were shot over the 4-day weekend in Chicago, with 14 dying of their wounds. 41 were shot yesterday afternoon alone.
Talking during sex.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Talking during sex.       07-05-2017 13:22 PM
Yep. lol
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-05-2017 13:13 PM
Or maybe she has better things to do with her time than post on the Internet.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 13:12 PM
When Manos Ikonomidis, 20, of Brooklyn, New York, had the chance to participate in a threesome with a woman and his friend, Jack Doherty, 21, he thought it was his lucky day. Unfortunately, while the action was hot and heavy, the female member of the sex party got mad when she noticed Ikonomidis trying to film the encounter on his phone. That’s when she called a stop to the action and left the apartment and was driven back to her home in Staten Island by Doherty, according to the Staten Island Real-Times News. But what she did next led to the brutal killing of Ikonomidis. It is being reported that she called her boyfriend, Christopher Membreno, 24, and told him she had been raped by Ikonomidis. Her boyfriend became enraged and went to the apartment building where the threesome took place. Membreno and some of his friends spotted Ikonomidis and chased him with baseball bats, which was captured on surveillance cameras. When the vigilantes caught their target, they began brutally beating him with the bats. Membreno then stabbed Ikonomidis four times in the chest and once in the back. Ikonomidis was transported to a hospital but succumbed to his injuries. Membreno confessed to the crime and was charged on Tuesday with murder and criminal possession of a weapon. According to police, they have no reason to believe the threesome was not consensual between the parties involved. Membreno was not a participant in the action nor was he present at the apartments when his girlfriend claimed she was raped. Authorities are looking for the other three additional suspects who participated in beating Ikonomidis. The case is under investigation.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-05-2017 12:50 PM
How exactly does a shark "drown"? ;) But going on 2 weeks no Mary Lee.. things ain't looking up for the big girl...
Robo Calls and Texts, or other Scams.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Robo Calls and Texts, or other Scams.       07-05-2017 12:30 PM
Good point re: cancellations. Hotels almost always will let you cancel with no penalty before the day, but if you book on another site this is not necessarily the case.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 12:12 PM
I am so glad I blocked him. I remain largely in the dark as to his banalities and I truly enjoy it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Robo Calls and Texts, or other Scams.       07-05-2017 12:02 PM
Now, a couple of thoughts: 1. At least she found out in advance, rather than in the hotel lobby with nowhere else to go. 2. We travel a lot for work. We NEVER EVER EVER book with a 3rd party like Expedia or Orbitz. We have seen far too many people getting screwed at the ticket counter or hotel lobby, because when you do this your deal is with the site, not the hotel/airline. I'm not saying the hotel or airline doesn't have some responsibility but if you need to get on a flight in one hour or are arriving at a hotel 1,000 miles away at 11pm, you're not going to want to be fighting on the phone with Expedia. To us, personally, we use these sites to find the hotels/flights, but then deal directly with the airline or hotel. We can usually get the same deal (sometimes cheaper because we are status members of a number of companies). But even when we could save a few bucks, it is not worth it to me - to save $20 on a hotel but take the extra risk that you'll be stuck in the lobby with your luggage and nowhere to go? No way.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Robo Calls and Texts, or other Scams.       07-05-2017 11:57 AM
Not exactly a "scam", but... A Washington State mother is warning consumers after she says she booked a family getaway at a resort through the travel website Expedia more than four months in advance, only to have her reservation canceled without a refund. "I was pretty horrified and disappointed," Holly Parsons told ABC News of when she first learned that her $874 three-night reservation at a mountain resort had been canceled, and she was not immediately offered any compensation. Parsons said she had been planning a trip to Bend, Oregon, with her cousin and both of their children to spend time together and watch her youngest son compete in a lacrosse tournament. Just weeks before the trip she received an email saying her reservation at the WorldMark Seventh Mountain Resort had been canceled due to overbooking. Expedia said it was not liable for the overbooking, saying in a statement to local ABC News affiliate KOMO-TV that it was "caused by external factors beyond the direct control of Expedia." The WorldMark Seventh Mountain Resort did not immediately respond to ABC News request for comment Tuesday. Expedia's long terms of use state that the company has "no liability and will make no refund" in the event of a delay, cancellation, overbooking or other issue that is "beyond their direct control." Parsons said she spent a grueling three days and over six hours on the phone with Expedia agents, until they eventually re-accommodated her in a Holiday Inn Express and offered her and her cousin each $500 worth of Expedia vouchers.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-05-2017 11:44 AM
Darwin award winner here.... Monalisa Perez, 19, was charged Wednesday in the shooting death of her boyfriend, Pedro Ruiz III, 22. According to a criminal complaint, Perez said Ruiz wanted to make a prank YouTube video of her shooting at a book he was holding in front of his chest, AP reported. On Monday evening, Perez tweeted that the couple had agreed to carry out "one of the most dangerous videos ever." He held a book in front of himself and she took aim with a 50 caliber handgun. It ended like you'd expect. ---- It's a little unclear as to what exactly she's charged with, but apparently she's facing a maximum of 10 years in prison. Apparently they tested this with a book first and were satisfied that it would stop the bullet. I would think this would make a murder charge almost impossible to stick, since it would be very difficult to argue that she intended to kill him or even put him at a high risk of dying. I've seen the mugshot of this girl - she's just a tiny thing. A 50 cal handgun is a monster of a weapon for her to fire.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 11:35 AM
Well, this is going to get someone's attention... Vatican police have raided a cardinal's apartment where a drug-fuelled homosexual orgy was taking place. Police entered an apartment at the former palace of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (or Holy Office) last month not far from the Vatican City. The occupant of the apartment is alleged to be a priest who serves as a secretary to cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio, the head of the Pontifical Council for Legislative texts and a personal adviser to the Pope. The allegations of the orgy were first published by newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano. According to the paper, neighbours became suspicious before complaining about irregular behaviour of those coming and going at the apartment. When police showed up at the apartment, they reportedly found drugs and a group of men engaged in sexual activity. The priest was then arrested and taken for questioning.
Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       07-05-2017 05:03 AM
New one just today. A "single female". "Women are so beautiful. And my partner and I are intrigued by this! I want to arrange a surprise for him. I would love to watch or even not be present. The thought of another beautiful woman being satisfied....."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-05-2017 04:56 AM
If anything his continued existence serves as evidence as to what kind of country this is. In many he'd have been locked away long ago.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       07-04-2017 22:41 PM
Congrats Annie and Trey ;) I admit I can't remember the exact day I asked Mrs VA to marry me. I know it was in November, but that's the best I can do.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-04-2017 22:38 PM
"He's got a ton of problems" It astounds me that after this much time you continue to think I am some sort of fan of this guy. I don't think you're actually dumb, either. I think you're just unwilling to actually read what I write and think about what I am saying.
Talking during sex.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > Talking during sex.       07-04-2017 22:20 PM
I have lots of banter going on during sex. For those who know me they might find it hard to believe but sometimes I really do stop talking. But sometimes I don't. I love dirty talk and I encourage women to dirty talk back. I've never quizzed them later to see if they remember though. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. It's something you did because it seemed like a hot thing to say at the time and just moved on.
What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       07-04-2017 22:17 PM
One hour of insanity and one hour of weights. For the first time in weeks. I *did* get a lot of exercise this past weekend, but mostly of the pelvic thrust variety.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-04-2017 22:15 PM
This one ain't stupid either. He's got a ton of problems, but stupidity ain't one. But it'll probably help you feel better to convince yourself of it.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-04-2017 22:08 PM
I know you aren't going to agree with this. And nobody cares. None of our presidents have ever been stupid. All of them are exceptional people, even if they often carry some exceptional flaws, whether it be arrogance, impatience, wildly unrealistic optimism, or even indifference. Whatever. Idiots, they are not. None of them.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       07-04-2017 22:02 PM
That's the spirit, NJ. If having brand new furniture fall apart is your FB, and you actually have the presence of mind to note the HT "at least nobody got hurt", you're quite the optimist.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-04-2017 21:59 PM
"loving this glorious mess of a country" Annie
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-04-2017 21:57 PM
Look up the name - Hal Warden - and Tennessee - and marriage. Many, many renditions of the story exist at varying points in time.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-04-2017 16:48 PM
Not really. I'm just looking down and that's all I see. I don't expect anything to change. Just fartin' around.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-04-2017 13:26 PM
Fun Fact: in 1985 then 12-year old Hal Warden of Greenbrier, TN, married a 15 year old girl. The two had a child but she soon filed for divorce, because he "acted like a 10 year old" (which may or may not be because that's almost what he was). Undaunted by this experience, in 1987 the now 14-year old Hal married a 13-year old girl, which also produced a child. He ended up losing a custody battle with his first wife and was ordered to pay $30 a week in child support, however he was legally required to go to school full-time, and state law prevented him from working in any way, so his earning potential was, shall we say, limited. He missed the first day of 10th grade classes to attend the custody hearing.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       07-04-2017 13:11 PM
Ha ok. The basis for that was that sour/rancid dairy is the result of organic acids, which baking soda will neutralize. I do the same to my baseball hat and jersey every few weeks to get the BO out of them.. yeck...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       07-04-2017 12:38 PM
NJ: is the stink from the dairy in it going sour? If so - warm water with both soap and baking soda soak for a few hours or overnight. Then wash as normal.
MAGA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > MAGA       07-04-2017 10:45 AM
What is the purpose of this thread? Trump Sucks vs Trump Rocks? Just curious.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-04-2017 09:30 AM
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced a 50 percent increase in the minimum wage Sunday, effective from July 1, with the monthly minimum wage increasing from 65,021 to 97,531 bolivars. As of this morning, the bolivar is worth 1/7,781 of a dollar, so that makes the monthly minimum $12.53, or roughly $0.06 an hour. In spite of near-zero public support, Maduro is going ahead with writing a new constitution which will grant the government more control over the economy. Because, you know, that's worked so well thus far.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-04-2017 09:16 AM
North Korea marked July 4 with ridiculous ICBM claims. A test launch of a missile was considered "successful" in the sense that it achieved, according to Russian, American and Japanese authorities who tracked it, a decent altitude (~330 miles) and mid-level range (~310 miles). i.e. it didn't explode seconds after takeoff. Of course North Korea can't leave well enough alone, and claims an altitude of 1,300 miles (almost twice that of any other ICBM) and a range of 950 miles. But they say the missile can reach "anywhere in the world", which would require a range of at least 20,000 miles, again more than double that of any previous ICBM. The flight time of 37 minutes - with claimed apogee distance of 1,400 miles reached after just 8 minutes - would require a flight speed of 10,500 mph, or about Mach 16, again far faster than any other missile ever fired. So we can believe it, or just know they are full of shit. But they are getting less shitty with their missiles. Still shitty, but less shitty.
Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       07-04-2017 07:37 AM
"Wow you so amazing*_* had to compliment on the top n boots hell yeah that's badass of course you are 3 do goes together perfect!!! Name is____" Always count on the most winning emails from the single guys!
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-04-2017 06:35 AM
JW: how did we ever know when the appropriate time to do shots was before that song came out?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-04-2017 00:43 AM
I only recently learned what eye of newt actually was, and thought it was hilarious. No eyes, no newts. Double double toil and trouble....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-03-2017 19:14 PM
Some people get uppity about this sort of topic, myself included. But what's amusing is when I refer to it as "eye of newt". People almost always become insulted, because "eye of newt" is a colloquialism for basically useless witchcraft junk. But - eye of newt is actually an archaic name for mustard seed. And mustard is commonly colored with turmeric.
HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS -- 2017       07-03-2017 17:26 PM
Thank you.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-03-2017 17:25 PM
Article adapted from Nature. Inside the golden-yellow spice turmeric lurks a chemical deceiver: curcumin, a molecule that is widely touted as having medicinal activity, but which also gives false signals in drug screening tests. For years, chemists have urged caution about curcumin and other compounds that can mislead naive drug hunters. Now, in an attempt to stem a continuing flow of muddled research, scientists have published the most comprehensive critical review yet of curcumin — concluding that there’s no evidence it has any specific therapeutic benefits, despite thousands of research papers and more than 120 clinical trials. The scientists hope that their report will prevent further wasted research and alert the unwary to the possibility that chemicals may often show up as ‘hits’ in drug screens, but be unlikely to yield a drug. “Much effort and funding has been wasted on curcumin research,” says Gunda Georg, co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, which published the review. Even so, she says, her journal sees a regular stream of curcumin manuscripts. Curcumin has been proposed to treat such disorders as erectile dysfunction, hirsutism, baldness, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, says Guido Pauli, a natural-product researcher at the University of Illinois at Chicago and a co-author of the review. But it’s never yielded a proven treatment. Many researchers are still optimistic about curcumin. “There is evidence that the biological activity of curcumoids is real,” says Julie Ryan, a radiation oncologist at the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York. She says that it interacts with many different proteins and so works differently from many drugs. Ryan has tested curcumin in clinical trials for dermatitis on more than 600 people. Although she found no significant effect, she says there were trends that warrant further study. --- That last sentence was bizarre and shows how strongly people hold on to their beliefs in spite of a mountain of evidence to the contrary.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-03-2017 17:04 PM
"I did see the biggest pair I have ever encountered last week, however." Elephants at the San Diego zoo?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-03-2017 16:22 PM
If "I'd love to babe but I'm tired and we need to go to bed" is enough to drive her to homicide then methinks she has a screw loose.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-03-2017 16:10 PM
Lol
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-03-2017 16:06 PM
Well I meant a 1 being mild annoyance and 10 being murderous intentions. The thing is that this seems rather severe considering the circumstances, so this is why I brought up her ethnicity, as I thought someone might have some insight.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-03-2017 15:37 PM
I knew I could count on you to think of balls. Perhaps I should say - the slashes were not done in immediate succession. One when she first saw me, and again about two minutes later. There was no conversation and she didn't look directly at me. She might be feeling spurned because she directly propositioned me very, very late and I was burned out, and told her that we needed to go to bed. I was very nice about it - not like "nah - I'd rather stick my cock in a meat grinder", and she seemed ok with it at the time. But anyway - the purpose of asking wasn't to tell sordid stories but to inquire as to how severe this should be taken. I'm thinking a 7 on a 1-10 scale.
Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Things that creep you out on SLSS that makes you immediately ban the person or delete their email       07-03-2017 15:23 PM
"I'm seeing a lot of women lately doing something similar. Post as a single female, and then in the profile put in they are actually married and looking for a woman for both of them..." Lately? We've been seeing that pretty routinely as long as we've been on here.
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.