Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 25007
Last 100 Displayed

What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       07-23-2016 14:10 PM
Absolutely nothing. I'll be broiling in the sun all day. Back to workouts Monday.
IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       07-22-2016 11:31 AM
What a rebel you are.
Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       07-22-2016 10:36 AM
This might be the most ridiculous one ever. From a blue gumby...heavily edited to remove names, phone numbers, etc Good Morning & Good Afternoon .... Guy's It's (name) I will love the opportunity to join you guy's into a 3 Some I was wondering whenever you going to be free and available we can possibly arrange and set something up and of course meet up for LUNCH OR DINNER and truly get to know each other on a deeper level how to see if we truly have any chemistry amongst each other...OK Can you so kindly please give me your CELLPHONE NUMBER and include a few pics and also send me your personal EMAIL ADRESS and let me know the best time I can reach you ! I'm truly SERIOUS about meeting up???? CALL ME OR TEXTS ME ANYTIME (number) (Number again) (Number AGAIN) Name at ~ K ik K ik - name again name @ g mail . com G mail ~ name AGAIN name AGAIN!!! ~ G mail K ik name AGAIN!!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       07-22-2016 10:16 AM
From a couples profile from Egypt: hello haw r u hope to meet u i am her in orlando 4 seasons hotel i am alon as a man
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-22-2016 09:53 AM
One of the most exciting things about California is that you are constantly being warned about everything causing cancer. One never feels so alive as they do when confronting death head-on!
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       07-22-2016 08:09 AM
Our brains are still on EST. We had a very early dinner and fell asleep at 5 pm; woke up at 4:30 am. I feel great!
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-22-2016 08:06 AM
You said the same thing last time. I don't know what your work day is like but I could use a lunch buddy. We head out around 2 pm...
Forummer that you actually met
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Forummer that you actually met       07-21-2016 20:48 PM
Hey SA long time no see. How have you been?
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-21-2016 20:23 PM
We are headed to San Bernardino tomorrow, and home Sunday morning.
What A Great Name For A Rockband!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What A Great Name For A Rockband!       07-21-2016 19:08 PM
That's a Ramones, not Sex Pistols, song that you're alluding to, you elusive erudite.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-21-2016 18:27 PM
I am in Los Angeles. I hate it here. $47.50 a day for parking at the hotel? That's fucked up.
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-21-2016 05:15 AM
My crystal ball definitely led me astray on that one. How very disappointing.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       07-20-2016 23:35 PM
NJ I mean this in the very nicest of ways - but you are likely much stronger than being able to leg press just 100 pounds. That's the equivalent of simply standing up (if you weighed 100 lbs). Most people can press at least twice their own weight.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-20-2016 23:30 PM
HT: PEGHEY!!!
Forummer that you actually met
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Forummer that you actually met       07-20-2016 18:06 PM
"we haven't slept with everyone we met either" I prefer sex to sleeping.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-20-2016 09:43 AM
RIP Garry Marshall. From Happy Days to Pretty Woman... a great comedic director.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       07-20-2016 08:46 AM
OK, Rabbit - here is the "Better Fried Tofu" tip from Cooks Illustrated. Like I said, I haven't tried it, but in general, they are quite reliable. When preparing tofu for frying, we've always blotted it dry and tossed it in cornstarch, which absorbs exuded moisture and ensures a crispy exterior and better browning. Recently we came across another method: Soaking the tofu in a hot-water brine and then letting it drain for 15 minutes before frying. In the end, we got the best results by marrying old with new. We found that using a brine that was four times stronger than what we'd seen published delivered the best seasoning and crust, and tossing the hot-brined tofu in cornstarch after the draining improved the crust even more. Why does the brine work? Both the heat and the salinity of the water draw moisture out of the surface of the tofu, helping it crisp and brown. The hot water also gradually tightens the proteins at the surface of the tofu, helping keep any remaining moisture inside. Here's how to do it: 1. Soak: Dissolve 1/4 cup salt in 4 cups boiling water. Slice 14 oz firm tofu crosswise into 1-inch thick planks and soak in brine for 15 minutes. 2. Drain: Transfer planks to quadruple layer of paper towels and top with another 4-ply layer. Press gently, then let sit for 15 minutes. 3. Toss: Cut tofu planks into cubes (or whatever) and toss with cornstarch to lightly coat. Shallow-fry cubes in hot oil for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. ---- One thing that is unclear to me is the timing and temperature between the boiling brine and step 1. Are we to just shut the heat off and drop the tofu in right away? 14 oz of cold fridge tofu will cool down 4 cups of boiling water quite fast - to around 60°C or so - so maybe this isn't like "cooking" it.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-19-2016 10:18 AM
I found an alligator in the pond in front of our house this morning. Only 3-4 feet long, but hey - it's a gator. My brother will be here next week with his family and he'll be excited to know that one has "moved in" to our pond.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-19-2016 10:13 AM
They didn't say it was easier, but they claim it gives superior results. I'll find it and let you know.
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       07-19-2016 09:27 AM
We have a thunderstorm almost every day here during the summer. Two yesterday - one around 1 and the other around 5 (the more typical time). We still ate outside at 6. Our lanai keeps everything dry.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-19-2016 07:48 AM
She is well. Newt(on) was the centaur who always double-spoke his last couple of words. Tewt was the satyr with the flute who never spoke.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-19-2016 06:41 AM
Terrorism in Canada was pretty bad in the 70s. For a brief period Canada was a quasi police state because of it.
Honesty?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Honesty?       07-19-2016 06:35 AM
Unless Mr. No-show was kidnapped by ISIS or run over by a car you can bet your ass we wouldn't bother writing to them again at all.
What are we doing wrong
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > What are we doing wrong       07-18-2016 22:02 PM
Ditto on the advice to read the "achieving single male success" thread, and how rude of me not to welcome you after your first post. The cut-and-paste is definitely a big no-no, especially over long term. Some guys will send us the exact same typo-riddled email for years. Really? Also - read the profiles you are emailing and make sure you're even a candidate. Anyone who reads our profile would know that we aren't looking for single guys to write to us, so one who does anyway either didn't read it, or is choosing to ignore it. Either way - delete. Good luck.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       07-18-2016 21:35 PM
Kill Your Darlings - Mesh What a fucking kick ass song.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       07-18-2016 21:34 PM
'Twas leg day. The hardest workout is always the first one after I pitch. My shoulders were sore doing deadlifts.
Honesty?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Honesty?       07-18-2016 21:33 PM
I think people owe one another the same sort of courtesy that they would be afforded in other areas of life. That said, you won't always collect on what you're owed, and it's almost never worth the trouble of trying to force it out of people.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       07-18-2016 21:04 PM
Rao's lemon chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans and for dessert lemon posset with raspberries.
What are we doing wrong
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > What are we doing wrong       07-18-2016 21:02 PM
It *used* to be that only emails opened on a computer showed up as "read". If opened on a phone they showed as unread forever. I don't know if that's still the case.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-18-2016 20:57 PM
Amazing that you'd bring that up. Not 15 minutes ago Mrs VA brought up a satyr (the little shit with the pan flute) with some dinner guests who just left.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-18-2016 16:09 PM
Danesha Couch, 20, first gave birth to twin boys just over two years ago. Then last year she gave birth to twin girls. Then last month she gave birth to another set of twin girls. Couch says she has not used fertility treatments for any of the pregnancies. {I can tell you what else she's not using} All six babies have been premature. One from the first set died shortly after birth. She and her fiance have set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for everything. A GoFundMe for birth control might be something I'd consider donating to.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-18-2016 15:29 PM
Don't forget the eye of newt. Not Gingrich.
Hillary Clinton Indictment
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hillary Clinton Indictment       07-18-2016 10:44 AM
They have been superseded by May 9 (V-E Day) parades, which tend to be more or less the same idea - a huge military parade. Tu-95 flyovers, ICBMs down the street, etc. The 2016 parade is on youtube.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-18-2016 09:22 AM
Oh you are right - violent crime from around 1967 to 1990 was really bad. Things are way better than they used to be. This is inarguable.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-18-2016 09:20 AM
I could tell you, NJ, but then I'd have to...um... something...
Hillary Clinton Indictment
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hillary Clinton Indictment       07-18-2016 09:18 AM
Nothing to do with her indictment, but I saw an odd Hillary commercial... It was going on about how awesome she is, and got to something her record on nuclear disarmament. It showed about a 1-second clip of a Soviet ICBM May Day parade from the 1980s. I guess modern ICBM parades don't look as menacing. Thanks to Hillary Clinton??
Question for anyone on age variations
FORUMS > General Discussions > Men Talk > Question for anyone on age variations       07-18-2016 06:58 AM
Some friends of ours once had a rule "If you can buy them a drink..." I've gone below that only *once* (still legal) but come close a bunch of times. One girl with braces made me nervous as hell at first but quickly convinced me that she posed no risk to me, other than a sudden drop in blood pressure.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-18-2016 06:50 AM
Low-tech chase.... A bicycle thief was stopped on June 10th when the bike's owner and several other people chased him from the Walmart parking lot in Eagle Point, Ore., drawing the attention of a passing rider on horseback, who joined the chase and moments later (according to a report in Portland's The Oregonian) lassoed the man and restrained him until police arrived.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-17-2016 23:02 PM
If I make a new profile I'm picking "WonderBoner" as the name. 'twas suggested by LWC that we go with "RealMegaSexy", in honor of bobbyUSA. Where the hell has HE been anyway?? He said the funniest shit ever.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-17-2016 15:56 PM
Whilst around 15% of the world's population has no access to sanitation (and thus poops, more or less, "wherever"), this surprises me. It's kind of sad but also makes me laugh. Not because disease and suffering make me laugh.. you'll see at the end... In the slums of Nairobi, Kenya, people have adopted a novel approach to dealing with excrement. The "flying toilet". Basically, you shit into a plastic grocery bag, tie it off, and heave it. Away. Wherever - as long as it's "somewhere else". As much as 2/3 of the population of Kibera, a large slum of Nairobi, "identify the flying toilet as the primary mode of excreta disposal available to them." Piles of bags gather on roofs and attract flies. Some of them burst open upon impact and/or clog drainage systems. People can also be hit by the bags as they are blindly tossed. In 2009 flying toilets accumulated on a rail line and caused a derailment which killed two people. The practice has become so rampant that several nonprofit groups have launched a "Stop Flying Toilets" campaign. They have adopted a winged logo (HA!) and are sponsoring races with well-known Kenyan marathon runners to spread the message. So what makes me laugh is the idea that there is a part of the world where bags of feces are routinely airborne. Having to maintain a state of "heads-up" because you might be struck by a flying bag of shit just provides an amusing, albeit sad, visual.
Hay Baby
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hay Baby       07-17-2016 14:58 PM
Who??
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-17-2016 14:22 PM
I feel secure in my pervitude as long as you're around, Mr. Fun.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-17-2016 14:19 PM
Another shooting of police officers, this time in Baton Rouge. 3 dead, 3 more wounded.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-17-2016 13:47 PM
Rabbit, while I support the relocation of politically-driven thoughts to the politics thread, I think you'll find that AZ's comment was not a serious attempt for political discussion and was just making a joke.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       07-17-2016 10:48 AM
Absolutely nothing today. Sunday is my rest day.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-17-2016 10:47 AM
What if you tend a million bridges? Most women who have sucked my dick - I am oblivious as to what sort of bridges they build. I only remember their dick-sucking skills. The one who did so about a year ago at Caliente - she could have brokered a Middle East peace accord for all I care - her skills were so off the chart.....
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-17-2016 10:43 AM
" Omnivorous friends that can't wait to see what I whip up for them as they all love my vegan cooking. " Rabbit - 1. Have I shared with you my spicy crispy orange tofu and vegetables recipe? It was originally intended for beef but I have a modification for doing it with tofu. It never ceases to wow my vegan family members. It's a lot of work but out-of-this-world, and for me as a borderline hypercarnivore, that's saying a lot. 2. Cooks Illustrated (yes, that's what it's called) has published a new trick for "drying" pre-packaged tofu for the purposes of quick frying etc - you know, the biggest problem tofu always has is being too "wet". I haven't tried it, but I can share it if you wish. If you're not familiar with Cooks Illustrated, they are the closest thing to a "scientific" publication on cooking, since they take an experimental approach rather than just trying something once and publish it, so their tips and tricks are usually very reliable.
The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The absolute hotttest pics on SLS.       07-16-2016 21:40 PM
Dude You should have seen the tanned tits at the beach today. Cute chick - Brazilian I think.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       07-16-2016 19:47 PM
1 hour of arm day followed by 9 innings of pitching. I always do "arm day" before a game. I show up loose and strong and can throw hard from the first pitch.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-16-2016 19:43 PM
HT: My fastball was blazing today. 8-2 win!
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       07-16-2016 08:17 AM
Just finished with the weights. Showering and off to my baseball game - then the beach!
Hay Baby
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hay Baby       07-15-2016 23:43 PM
It appears - maybe - that the coup has failed. My very limited understanding is that the Turkish constitution mandates a secular country and requires that the military enforce that, even if that means deposing a democratically elected government. Turkey is an important country. Where this goes from here will have huge implications for the Middle East and Europe.
Last forummer to perv your profile
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Last forummer to perv your profile       07-15-2016 18:20 PM
Thanks, NJ.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Last forummer to perv your profile       07-15-2016 17:42 PM
FINALLY - Some perv named Fun_Ahoy. Go for it, dood.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-15-2016 16:52 PM
A coup is occurring in Turkey. The army is wresting control.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Last forummer to perv your profile       07-15-2016 12:58 PM
I've never seen anyone from the fora show up in ours. Actually, not true - SheSmooth did once. That's it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       07-15-2016 12:55 PM
"His reply just now, "Haha hahaha you really must think you some girl check your mouth before you get kick off of her" " I'd say this is all you need to know. I'd reply with "Never mind on the pics. We prefer friends who speak English. Good luck on your search."
Politicians Behaving Badly
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-15-2016 12:53 PM
Good grief I never said that or anything remotely comparable to it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-15-2016 11:50 AM
"Does this thing have GPS? What's my ex's address, again?"
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-15-2016 11:49 AM
Late is better than never. And the longer we let it go the worse it gets and harder it will be to stop. This is a bit special because it's so glaring and public, and could be construed as an attempt to influence our democracy. Whether or not one likes the influence is totally beside the point.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-15-2016 10:41 AM
I want it to stop from slipping further. These sorts of things keep inching along, incrementally getting worse. Yesterday's speech at a conservative event turns into today's interview bashing a candidate turns into tomorrow's open campaigning for someone or publicly deriding a president. As for the "that's terrible" - also inappropriate. A little different for an off-the-cuff 2-word remark vs a 2-day interview. But again.. inching along... people tend to tolerate changes to badness provided they happen really slowly. We need to reel this in. It should have been done some time ago.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-15-2016 10:37 AM
"I wouldn't call that similar, IIRC. That was more of a joy ride... " Yeah, true. It's not clear that he intended to kill someone, although if anyone had been in any of the cars he crushed they likely would have died.
Hay Baby
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hay Baby       07-15-2016 10:20 AM
If we were to somehow kill every member of ISIS in the Middle East this afternoon, this wouldn't stop guys like Mr. Truck Asshole. Hitler has been dead for 70 years, and people still pledge allegiance to him and commit crimes in his name.
Hay Baby
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hay Baby       07-15-2016 09:59 AM
Silly me to not mention HFT among the crazies. It's easy for me to forget about him since I'm blocked and am not normally exposed to his nuttiness.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-15-2016 08:41 AM
This is not a novel concept. There have been 4 such incidents in late 2014 - 3 in France and one in Canada, although all of much smaller scale, involving a car being plowed into a group of people. Two such incidents in the US involved atypical vehicles - one in 1995 with a 57-ton battle tank (somehow nobody but the driver was killed), and another with a bulldozer.
Hay Baby
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hay Baby       07-15-2016 08:32 AM
Since this'll happen anyway, why not create a thread for people to make their own political hay out of tragic news events, like the truck mass murder in France last night? In France, who is growing tired of people murdering massive numbers of people while shouting "Allahu Akbar", this will inspire a strong anti-Muslim backlash. In the US, this will inspire a similar sentiment, although it'll probably be more broad than just anti-Muslim. This is the sort of crap that Trump and his ilk will gobble up. Basically, Trump knows exactly what to do with it to exploit it. Hillary does not. She really doesn't have anything she can say except "that's awful". Gun control is not part of this argument, since the majority of murders - possibly all of them - were committed using the truck he was driving and not the gun he brought with him. Calls for banning high-capacity trucks will go unheeded. So, make your political hay here. Andrew can say this is why we need president Trump. Z can say this is somehow a consequence of GOPoop, and will likely lead to increased GOPoopiness. Mickey can say we need to get rid of muzzies. Robert can blame the lack of a living wage. Go nuts. Or rather, go nuts-er.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-15-2016 08:12 AM
He was born in France. The politics side of this belongs in the Politics section. There will be a lot of discussion... impact on European politics and American politics. If someone begins a thread in Politics maybe I'll jump in there, but not here.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-15-2016 08:05 AM
Dealing with this properly will have two beneficial effects: 1. Maintaining the prestige and integrity of the court. This is critical, IMO. By taking this step she threatens not only her credibility but the image of the entire court. It *must* be dealt with. 2. In the event that a president Trump *does* happen, she may need to recuse herself from any cases where his administration is a litigant. I don't know a lot about this, but brighter people than myself say this is the case.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-15-2016 08:02 AM
So I'm sure we all know about this by now. 84 dead, at least. Another "Allahu Akhbar" guy. An angry loner, wife was leaving him, etc. *sigh* I've actually wondered why *this* sort of mass murder hasn't happened more often, since nothing unusual need be acquired to plan it. Just hit the gas and go. I've pondered about how easy it would be to take my X3 and 300 hp it into a crowd - it's pretty scary when you consider the power you have at your control. I'm just glad that the **vast** majority of people are stable enough to never seriously consider such a thing.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-15-2016 07:58 AM
So, just for shits and giggles I turned the WVM on. 13 people in 12 hours. None of them from Florida. Most NJ and TX. Are we sure this thing works?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-14-2016 18:14 PM
A truck plowed into a Bastille Day crowd in Nice, France, killing at least 30. Details pending....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       07-14-2016 17:57 PM
A mother and her boyfriend were arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse after a passerby discovered her three children had been left in the desert as punishment, according the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. Mary Bell, 34 and Gary Cassle, 29, of Twentynine Palms were being held Thursday at the Morongo Basin Jail in Joshua Tree, Calif., in lieu of $100,000 bail, and are scheduled to appear Friday in San Bernardino County Superior Court. Around 11:30 a.m. PT Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of three children — a 7-year-old girl, a 6-year-old boy and a 5-year-old boy — at the edge of Twentynine Palms. Bell and Cassle were "down the road from the children," sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Bachman said. At the time, the temperature was just shy of 100 degrees. Wednesday's high temperature here was 104 degrees. The children had been in the desert for about 45 minutes without water and shoes.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-14-2016 13:23 PM
I believe the customer service number is 1-800-KIS-MYAZ
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-14-2016 11:14 AM
I just saw that. So we are expected to believe that she made an error in judgement. A 24-hour error in judgement, since the comments were made across more than one interview. I mean, yeah - people are really stupid. But I'd rather her just be honest instead of treating us like morons by expecting anyone to believe that she didn't realize what she was doing. Some people more in the know than myself say that this is in violation of some bar association rules in her state of licensure. While she (or any judge) would not likely face disbarment for such actions, a reprimand would be warranted, especially given her stature and the highly public nature of her actions. I don't care what conservatives you trot out to distract from this. It needs to be dealt with. I'm not calling for her removal, I'm calling for a reprimand from her boss, her acceptance of it, and that can be the end of it. This is not unreasonable at all.
Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies       07-14-2016 10:07 AM
BOGOHO? FO. :)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-14-2016 05:27 AM
I can see that we are done here.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       07-13-2016 23:09 PM
In a new poll, 52% of respondents said they had seen at least one of Clinton's 20,000 or so ads that have been run on tv. 46% said they had seen at least one of Trump's 0 ads that have been run on tv. So either 46% of people don't know the difference between a commercial or him just being on tv, or.... ....most people are fucking idiots.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-13-2016 22:59 PM
It's back to Inez. SLS would probably say it was a cache thing with my phone. Who knows.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       07-13-2016 22:46 PM
The post by Inez is displaying as a thumbnail for Kibbs' default pic at this moment.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-13-2016 22:43 PM
This seems to be a big step up in degree. Do you not think that this should be nipped in the bud before it gets worse? Other things such as speaking at a partisan event are implicit as opposed to explicit endorsements or disparagements. I don't like that either, but this is worse. It seems that all bets are off if this isn't addressed. I don't want that. I don't think you do either.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-13-2016 21:57 PM
I read it. That article is far less dismissive of it than you are. Since I thought we were in agreement that justifying bad behavior by pointing out bad behavior, I'd say that pointing out less bad behavior as grounds for non-action on the matter is a really weak argument. So that article basically says (paraphrasing, but I think fairly) - Yes, it was unprecedentedly inappropriate for her to do that. - The precedent she is setting is very bad. It really should be slammed in every way possible. This has nothing to do with Trump but about judicial misconduct. -That all said, she's doing it because Trump is almost Hitler and that sorta makes it OK. It's gotta stop. This defense of abuses of power because one happens to like the outcome in this particular situation is what will make future distasteful presidents/judges/whatever even more abusive and brazen.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       07-13-2016 21:13 PM
Fun fact: Ears of corn *always* have even numbers of rows. The number of rows may vary, but it's always an even number. Well, almost always. It is so rare to have an odd number that one has not been verified since 1949. Presumably more have occurred but gone unnoticed, since who counts the rows on their corn? But for those who care about such things, they cannot find one with an odd number, so it must be very rare.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       07-13-2016 21:00 PM
No small number of people have spoken up about this. This has crossed a line that caught a lot of attention. I am far from an expert, but apparently those who are say this is a violation of Canon 5 of the Code of Judicial Conduct, which says a federal judge "should not publicly endorse or oppose a candidate for public office." The appropriate response would possibly be that her boss - Justice Roberts - should reprimand her. She should acknowledge that this was inappropriate, and that can (and should) be the end of it. I say "possibly" because this is my own speculation. As I said I am no expert. Justice Roberts has an opportunity here to restrain future misbehavior from SCOTUS judges while the misstep is relatively small. If he does not act it will be difficult to control this in the future.
Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies       07-13-2016 20:42 PM
I've never seen BOGO mean anything other than buy one get one. That's utter horseshit to have it be what you describe, NJ. #NJBOGOHOHS
How to tell if you've messaged someone previously.
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > How to tell if you've messaged someone previously.       07-13-2016 12:27 PM
The notes are a good idea. Once upon a time when we used to leave the IM on, we began getting messages from this one couple. We lamented the lack of pics on their profile, and he had all of his reasons - work, etc. Whatever. Sorry - if we can't see you, not interested. He continued to message from time to time. Hi, how are you, want to meet? Sorry - no pics. We've told you that. He'd then get angry and tell me off. About the 8th time - a message comes in saying "hi" from them. I wrote "Are you brain-damaged or something? Why do you keep messaging us? We've told you that we have no interest in meeting people we can't even see." The reply came back "This is the Mrs. This is the first time I've messaged anyone. I didn't know my husband had been bothering you." I felt a little bad, but I hope she asked her idiot husband about his IM'ing habits.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 12:11 PM
Well, the thing is for her assumption that Jesus got her computer problems covered under warranty, this would mean that either: A. God/Jesus set the whole thing up B. God/Jesus went back in time and changed the nature of her computer problem to be an issue covered under warranty I mean, I guess if God is what she thinks he is, either of those are totally plausible. A. would be sort of a jerk thing to do. It would be nice if God can go back in time and shave around 200 calories a day from my diet for the last 250 days or so so I'd be nice and cut.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 09:55 AM
I am not making this up. Not 5 minutes ago my cousin posted what follows below. In order for her prayers to have been answered, this would mean that God created the manufacturing glitch when the computer was built, and ensured it was covered under warranty, delivered it to a believer, and sat back and giggled while she freaked out thinking all of her stuff was lost, only to go "just kidding" at the end. -------------- You guys!!! Seriously!! I have to give you an update on my computer!! The bad news: My video card in my computer is fried and the cost of the repair is $660. The good news: None of the info and stuff on my computer is lost. AND the cost they are charging me -- $0.00!!!!! Because it is a manufacturer glitch!!! Thank you Jesus!!! Seriously!! Thank you Jesus!!! They told me I should have it back in 3-5 days!!! And then I get notice last night that it's done!! On the same day!! Thanks for praying!! Thanks for the reminders that God does Care about the little details and we can cast ALL OUR CARES on Him!! Doing a happy dance on my way to pick it up soon!!
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 09:45 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it's difficult with large vehicles if they aren't designed large enough. Seriously look up the Magic Roundabout and imagine driving a truck through that. Or look up videos on youtube of cars navigating it.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 09:35 AM
LOL We have a few of them around here. I find they work best at medium-volume intersections with single lanes approaching from all directions. Multi-lane traffic circles can be a real pain, although perhaps if they were more common I'd get used to them. There are several in Washington DC and they are a nightmare. FYI - for fun, go on Wikipedia and look up "Magic Roundabout". There are 4 of them in the UK, each consisting of 5 or 6 small roundabouts inside of a very large one. I don't understand how it isn't total carnage.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 09:18 AM
Not at all. I actually have more respect for those who are devout in their faith than the fakers - you know, the people who go to church, say everything they are supposed to say for the sake of appearances, but don't really believe in any of it at all, and take the "rules" of it only as seriously as is convenient for themselves. You don't get to call Bible the "Word of God" and at the same time say "well, I really don't believe in that...." for everything that doesn't fit nicely into your life. Believe it and stand up for it, or drop it and don't. I'd think that if God exists he would probably respect my position as a thoughtful atheist over someone who just goes through the motions every Sunday. Of course, that's applying anthropomorphism to a non-human, whom I would have no idea how their actual thought processes work. I actually find atheism quite depressing - I'd be ecstatic to be convinced that God is real, and would jump at the chance to have a straight-forward conversation with him. But like with politics, I try very hard to not let what I want to happen influence my judgement with respect to what I think WILL happen.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 09:02 AM
I don't mind people openly praying or even asking others to do the same, especially about serious things like threats to health. If I were a believer I'd do the same, as long as "Asking" others means precisely that. Being belligerent about it is another matter. But I generally frown upon open prayer to solve problems that humans should be solving for themselves, like "God, please ensure a nicely browned crust on my casserole". If there is an omnipotent God I'd hope he has better things to do than be my cousin's IT guy. Religion comes up on here from time to time and I generally either avoid it entirely or talk about it in general terms, like I am now. I don't wish to argue with anyone about our personal convictions. I suppose that what I've said in the Just Wondering about dinosaurs and creationism is mockery of that particular belief system, but I tried to be nice about it. Quite a number of people in my family are rather strident creationists. I actually come to the defense of those who find themselves mocked for their religious beliefs, and encourage people to not put up with people treating them badly for it. If you're a creationist, all power to you. I hope you're happy and secure with your beliefs.
Fucking Bitchfest 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2016       07-13-2016 07:29 AM
My family - especially the Wisconsin branch of it - are deeply religious and are constantly asking for everyone's prayers on facebook about all of their issues, everything from thanking God for whatever good stuff is going on, to asking for prayers for the health of people etc. Ok. I wish them well and share their overall sentiment, even if I am actually an atheist. But Holy Crap. My cousin posts on her facebook: "With everything that has been going on in our country and world I feel a little petty asking this - But if you guys could pray that whatever wonky thing is going on with my computer would be fixable and not too costly. For those that know me well you know that I really need to have my computer. And I really can't afford to have to buy a new one!!! Thanks for praying if you think of me!!" 42 likes. Seriously? We're all being asked to pray for your computer? Someone posts "Chad". (whoever that is) She replies with "Does he fix Macs?" I wanted to reply with"God, or Chad?". But decided not to inflame.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-13-2016 07:25 AM
That reminds me.... off to the Fucking Bitchfest....
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-13-2016 07:25 AM
I read quite a few articles on that site, which as it turns out, is run by Ken Ham, the same guy who built the ark. (I write this ark with a lower case a, because it is of course not THE "Ark") Every one seems to be about the same - very short, they are following a logically-style line of thinking, and then end it with "because the Bible says so". I say logically-styled because it's written in a way that seems to be logical, but the logic itself is usually nonsense, or relies on some sort of "just because". I am not fully "out" as an atheist to my family. Not because I hide it, but because I don't make a point of making it known. If directly confronted, I don't lie about it. If we are somewhere where there is some sort of organized prayer (such as a funeral, wedding, grace at Christmas, etc) I don't say anything, but I quietly sit there like most people, so it's not immediately obvious that I'm just riding it out. I am most certainly not one of those atheists that makes a show of leaving the room or some such - I act respectfully of people's belief systems.
Happy Thoughts -- 2016
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2016       07-13-2016 07:16 AM
Sounds great, but also sounds a few days late :)
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-12-2016 23:47 PM
Btw I reaffirmed my speculation from answersingenesis. org The same site on a different article, however, tells me: "these dinosaurs lived only 4,300 years ago and were buried during the global Flood." So I guess my idea mentioned in my last post has been embraced by some. Basically, creationists had to deal with the fact that dinosaurs existed once upon a time. Part of their explanation is that the word "dinosaur" is relatively new, but dragons and other beasts have been mentioned and depicted through all of human history, so we just simply called them something else.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       07-12-2016 23:30 PM
As I understand it, young earth creationists reconcile it this way (their 'facts', not mine): 1. Dinosaurs definitely existed. There is far too much solid evidence for even the biggest bible-thumper to deny it. 2. Dinosaurs no longer exist. 3. The Great Flood happened, and God told Noah to put 2 of every land animal (7 pairs of "clean" (i.e. edible) animals). The Bible is silent as to how Noah managed to round up kangaroos and penguins from so far away, but I guess if you're 500 years old and have the time to build a giant ark, you also have the time to collect animals. 4. Therefore, dinosaurs were on the ark. 5. By the way - just because an animal wasn't mentioned in the bible doesn't mean it didn't exist at the time. It's the bible not a zoology textbook. Seriously. That's the argument. They believe that dinosaurs died out some time after the flood. You'd think that the flood would have been a great way for them to have died out, since Noah was probably tired of trying to coax two cantankerous 100 foot diplodocuses onto his boat (let alone 14 of them).
Profile name - can it be a dealbreaker?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Profile name - can it be a dealbreaker?       07-12-2016 19:50 PM
Bees are on the what now?
Robert is the new VP of Venezuela
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Robert is the new VP of Venezuela       07-12-2016 12:27 PM
This is a bit old, but funny. First off - in spite of many news stories saying that Venezuela's mess was caused by a crash in oil prices - THIS IS NOT TRUE. The mess began a couple of years before, and the drop in oil prices merely sped things up. This story, for instance, is from 2013, referring to empty store shelves and no toilet paper. ----------- The head of Venezuela’s stats office, Elias Eljuri stated that food and toilet paper shortages were caused by the fact that Venezuelans now “were having three meals a day and even more”. According to the survey released by Eljuri, “95% of the Venezuelan population, estimated in 29 million, now feed three to four times a day” The poll triggered an immediate reaction of anger and fits of laughter in the country transformed by the Bolivarian revolution. On the one side people were furious because INE released the information in the midst of one of the moments of greatest scarcity with supermarket shelves virtually empty. To overcome the situation President Maduro had to negotiate with food chains and distributors the import of food and toiletry. ----- I guess it never directly explains why, but if people would eat less, they'd shit less, requiring less food AND less toilet paper, thus alleviating both problems.
What are we doing wrong
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > What are we doing wrong       07-12-2016 10:11 AM
Total strangers? To each their own, I guess. Different if you're talking about people you already know. Mind you, we've always lived in a large metro area, so my experience is sculpted by that.
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.