Help
FORUMS
Back
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 7327
Last 100 Displayed

The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-25-2018 06:51 AM
Residents on Avery Way in Castle Rock [a suburb of Denver] say organized sex parties at one home are causing parking problems and noise, but they are most concerned with the sexual nature of the events and any exposure to children. One neighbor, who declined to provide her full identity, said she received a copy of a party invitation from an anonymous person who is concerned about the events. It shows 400 guests were invited with 87 people, including 35 couples, sending a yes RSVP. "I think it is disgusting," she said. [sounds like bullshit - how would a printed invitation know the RSVP status of everyone?] The invitation references the "Thunderstorm Play Palace" and boasts a 7,500-square-foot dwelling with every amenity, including alcohol, food (complete with a vegetarian menu) and chocolate fountain. The risque invitation also advises guests to bring their own condoms and show respect for the "new furniture." The neighbor described guests as being from all walks of life. "Some of them are so old that they struggled walking up the stairs," the neighbor said. She adds the attendees even brought their own festive refreshments. "(One) had four crockpots showing up like they're going to a Bunko party or something," the neighbor said. The invitation showed donations are taken at the door, $70 for couples and single men and $20 for women. The party organizer, who is a father and husband, said he understands his neighbors' concerns and has made efforts to conceal anything that might be offensive. "There are no open areas you can see outside to have the children or anyone see what they don't want to see," he said. He said he has also installed sound-proofing in the home with close attention paid to the basement windows. Still, neighbors say they can hear disturbing sounds coming from the home, sounds they don't want their children exposed to. "You can hear people doing what they're doing," one resident said. The Castle Rock Police Department said it is working with the neighborhood HOA and city officials to investigate the issue, but the party organizer is not breaking the law because he is only taking donations and the events are contained to the privacy of his home.
contact info in free profiles
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > contact info in free profiles       04-24-2018 21:12 PM
Ours actually tells people NOT to attempt to reach us on kik if they don't know us.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-24-2018 18:22 PM
So now that everyone is counted it looks like he killed 10 and injured 15. 25 year old Alek Minassian is an angry "incel". "Incel" is short for "involuntarily celibate", a term invented online by men who cannot get any sex from women. They are angry at women in general for rejecting them and angry at men who do get sex. Basically they feel like life is unfair and want to take it out on the people that they believe deny them happiness. This isn't our first go-round with someone like this. In 2014 Elliot Rodger killed 7 and injured 14 in Isla Vista California (which Minassian praised him for) and published a lengthy manifesto describing his social isolation and rejection by women. I mean, truth be told I don't like that anyone is so unhappy that they convince themselves that this is the way to handle it. But like Rodger I suspect we'll have mental health issues come up as we find more about him.
Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       04-24-2018 17:59 PM
HT: Our business is booming. We have tons of new work. FB: I have to actually do the work.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > contact info in free profiles       04-24-2018 17:50 PM
The profile is more than one year old. Obviously they have edited it since. The review process only stops initial profiles from getting through like that. It doesn't stop anyone from editing their profile after the fact.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > contact info in free profiles       04-24-2018 16:14 PM
I just saw a profile of a couple who had this posted in their opening paragraph. Their tagline was their kik ID. ***Please reach out on kik. We have no access to email any longer as non paid members***We aren’t paid members so aren’t able to send mail. Please reach out on kik if interested. So basically the profile will work as a craiglist-style ad.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-24-2018 14:00 PM
An Alabama woman who didn’t want the ham her family gave her set it on fire and threw it in a trash can, causing an explosion at the motel she was living. Beverly Burrough Harrison, 62, was arrested on charges of first-degree arson for the February incident that took place at the Bomar Inn in Athens. According to police, Harrison took her dog and left the motel room after the ham began smoking without alerting anyone to the fire. The fire caused a can of butane fuel to explode, blowing out the front wall of the room. No injuries were reported, but the fire caused extensive damage to the room.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-24-2018 13:58 PM
Fort Pierce, Florida, police pulled over a car on March 21 after observing it swerving down the roadway. As they approached, they smelled marijuana, and during the ensuing search, passenger Kennecia Posey, 26, was shocked -- shocked! -- when police found two bags in her purse: one containing marijuana, the other cocaine. WPLG TV reported that Posey admitted the marijuana was hers, but told officers: "I don't know anything about any cocaine. It's a windy day. It must have flown through the window and into my purse." Posey was charged with felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > contact info in free profiles       04-24-2018 12:22 PM
"shouldn't be able to edit it until they become a paid member. " Or, at least, edits put your profile back into the "review" queue to be approved.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-23-2018 16:29 PM
Multiple people are dead after a lone man in a van plowed into pedestrians over at least a half mile stretch of road in Toronto. While police have said "at least 5" are dead, witnesses have documented at least 8 bodies under orange tarps and many others injured. Suspect is in custody after a standoff with police. No details yet on who he is or what his motive might have been.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-23-2018 16:05 PM
I understand that a similar odor can be experienced by visiting Las Vegas and seeking the elusive Great Hairy Nincompoop. And when I say "elusive", I am not implying that anyone is actually looking for him...
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       04-23-2018 12:18 PM
WTF are you doing back here??!
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-23-2018 11:46 AM
Sounds vaguely analogous to our situation. "OOOOH we were supposed to liquidate locker 837, not 783. My bad."
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-23-2018 11:04 AM
We were informed this morning that our bank was cancelling our business credit accounts due to our company being dissolved. We got a call from a bank rep telling us that a search on Sunbiz (the Florida government page where one can look up corporate information) showed that we had dissolved 3 years ago. I pointed out that this was before we even began as a company [January, 2016]. She then put me on hold and came back and apologized, telling us that the person who searched us spelled our company's name wrong on their search. They would reinstate everything as soon as possible. Idiots!!!!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-23-2018 11:01 AM
lol Residents who live near Lake Eola [Central Florida] are complaining about trash left behind at the park after an Earth Day celebration. People have posted on social media saying that water bottles, garbage and food were dumped into the lake. People should be able to throw their trash away, instead ot throwing it in the lake,” said resident Deanna Robledo. Many took to Facebook to post pictures of the trash and demand it be cleaned up. Another resident said she saw the posts and said the trash came from weekend events at the lake. “I am kind of surprised it got generated on Earth Day. People got kind of angry about that, but it was what it was, you have to call it out for what it was,” she said. She said it often happened after events at the lake and that she is working with the parks department to figure out what can be done to prevent people from throwing trash in the lake.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-23-2018 09:12 AM
"Former county employee sentenced to 50 years for fajita theft" OK. That's the headline. I saw it and figured this was more bullshit reporting and we'd find out that he stole fajitas while murdering people or something. But, not quite... A former Cameron County [Texas] juvenile detention center employee said he started out stealing small amounts of fajitas bought with county funds, but his scheme soon ballooned, spinning out of control. The total value of the fajitas, which were stolen during a nine-year period, was $1,251,578. That figure does not include the brisket, pork chops, sausage and various types of chicken Escamilla also admitted to stealing, court testimony revealed.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-22-2018 22:30 PM
I for one am very glad that my parents did not stick with Julie as my name.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-22-2018 21:14 PM
Stupid fact because I sometimes like to share things I find interesting, even if they are about me. So if you find me to be an inane narcissist, that's ok. I've heard it before. Since I mentioned the day I was born - I was, like no small number of Canadians, named after a hockey player (I won't say which one, because that would give away my name). My parents for whatever reason thought I was going to be a girl, and in the pre-ultrasound days there was no reasonable reason to believe this, but they did anyway. So they had already picked out my name (Julie) and painted my room pink and every damn thing. When I came out with different equipment, they needed a name quickly. They hadn't even thought they might have a boy, so they didn't have one they'd considered. My father suggested a hockey player who scored a hat trick the night before. My mother agreed.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-22-2018 21:10 PM
I know that because of my brother and Mrs. VA's sister, so whenever their birthday comes up for some reason, I notice it. If they were all some other date not relevant to me, I probably wouldn't. Likewise, on my birthday (July 25) - what happened? Not a whole lot, actually. Very few famous births or deaths. The big event was the Concorde crash in 2000. And Louis St. Laurent died within hours of my birth (only Canadians would know who that is). Oh and Bob Dylan went electric.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 21:05 PM
I can't change anyone's mind as to what they believe they do or do not achieve when it comes to unproven treatments. I only opine at to what I and others believe is the current understanding that we have from medicine and science. I take more of an issue with the practitioners who sell it than the consumers who buy it. While I can roll my eyes a little at the person who shells out their hard-earned money for magic beans, my real contempt lies with the charlatan selling them.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-22-2018 20:48 PM
Not that it's especially meaningful, but... Jean Calment died on August 4. Nabi Tajima was born on August 4. The Queen Mother (the longest-lived ever royal) was born on August 4, as was Barack Obama, Louis Armstrong, and Roger Clemens. And my brother, and Mrs. VA's sister.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-22-2018 20:44 PM
Jean Calment was the oldest person in the world for 9 years, which is by far the longest ever reign. I posted this once before: On her 122nd birthday, Jeanne Calment was asked by a journalist what she expected the future to be like for her. She replied with "Very, very short!" (she died 164 days later)
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 20:41 PM
I don't really hold a lot of value to observations that are not conducted with scientific rigor. As has been said "the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'". This is not personal to you - our pre-1900 system of "medicine" was based on observations. While they got some things right, they got most things wrong. Lots of observations which seem to be well-supported fall apart when subjected to controlled studies. A great example is the debunking of echinecea (or however it's spelled) and vitamin C for colds or flu. My position, in general, is that scientific consensus is always subject to criticism, review, revision and occasionally being turned on its head. But the burden of proof lies with the claimant of the contrary position. If someone wants to upend the consensus that cupping is nonsense, they will need to provide strong evidence to support it. Until that time, I default to the consensus.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 19:24 PM
I've had it explained to me. IN ACCORDANCE OF THE PROPHECY to me this basically means : "ncal wrote some dumb shit", which is synonymous with "ncal posted something".
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 19:08 PM
I'm contending that the existing medical consensus is that there is no good evidence for any clinical benefit for cupping. I am not an expert on that and thus need to rely on the expertise of those who are. As for massage - it depends on what you're referring to. Injury recovery? Scar tissue break-up? (short term) improvements to mood? Sure. Other things? Be specific... a lot of things are claimed which have no support.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 18:24 PM
Your statements aren't supported by the available evidence. btw.. nothing on these sorts of discussions is intended to be personal. I'm sure you've noticed by now that I don't discriminate between friend and foe when it comes to telling someone that I think they're not hitting the cylinders correctly. Hence, you can say it does [whatever], and I can say that the evidence for this is bupkis, and we can disagree with each other and not get overly bent out of shape about it. Or at least, I can.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 18:00 PM
What is it you think cupping does? I've never heard of a purported benefit that wasn't hogwash.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-22-2018 17:58 PM
Nabi Tajima, 117. The oldest person in the world. Most notable for being the last known person born in the 19th century.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       04-22-2018 17:27 PM
"Bring it On" - Zardonic (The MMA theme song...) Rap metal at its finest.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-22-2018 17:15 PM
Saw a guy in a tank top at Target COVERED in 3-inch red circles, the hallmark of body-wide "cupping". Soooooo 2016.... the fact that people still do this to themselves, or pay others to do it to them, boggles my mind....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       04-21-2018 06:03 AM
Wishing you both well Annie.
What are you reading (erotica, biography, textbook, comedy, thriller, etc.)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What are you reading (erotica, biography, textbook, comedy, thriller, etc.)       04-20-2018 19:11 PM
Something stinks like a tire-flattened armadillo laying on a Texas highway in july.
2018 Bitch of the Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > 2018 Bitch of the Day       04-20-2018 11:17 AM
I am bad at that. I am well aware that I do it much too much and work hard to minimize it. I do not do nearly as much public speaking in my current career as I did in my previous one, so I'm rusty.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-20-2018 11:15 AM
Approved by Health Canada, which is the Canadian equivalent of the FDA. Regulation varies significantly depending on the province. Canada has a long and ridiculous history with homeopathy, but it can be mostly summed up by just saying that this old witchcraft is grandfathered in to the current system.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       04-20-2018 05:03 AM
I've posted this once before, but I came across it again and find it amusing, so I'm sharing again... Fun Fact: The first message sent to Moscow via the Washington-Moscow Hotline was a (very common) test message, reading "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG 1234567890". The message was repeated a number of times over the following days as tests of the line continued. Moscow, competent in English but not familiar with the use of the sentence for typography testing, eventually responded with "What do your people mean when they say "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"?"
What are you reading (erotica, biography, textbook, comedy, thriller, etc.)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What are you reading (erotica, biography, textbook, comedy, thriller, etc.)       04-20-2018 01:39 AM
I haven't read a fiction novel in years. The most recent book I've read is Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking [A Memoir of Food and Longing] by Anya von Bremzen. Hysterical. I loved it. Interesting insight of someone who relocated as a child from the USSR to the US during the Brezhnev years. I do get several in-print magazines. Probably more than anyone I know. Adventure Cyclist Chemical and Engineering News The Atlantic Cooks Illustrated
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 23:27 PM
Well, that is the a priori reasoning that it is bullshit. A dose of zero of anything cannot have any effects on anyone besides psychosomatic ones. Homeopaths believe that water "remembers" what it's been in contact with and this has some lasting impact on the qualities of said water, and that any remaining amount of the original substance is unimportant. In other words, you're not buying heavily diluted dog spit, but rather you're buying water which has learned somehow from other water what it's like to be in contact with rabid dog spit. This has been investigated by scientists and no differences between homeopathic water and any other water (or any of the other magical waters which have been and continue to be sold) have ever been demonstrated. A lot of people use the word "homeopathic" synonymously with "naturopathic", which is not correct.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > contact info in free profiles       04-19-2018 17:35 PM
btw.... This contact info in profiles is mostly there to serve the needs of Free Members. If we did away with them, there would be little need to concern ourselves with this. I see contact info in profiles all the time. I'm not going to report them.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-19-2018 16:05 PM
This thread has gone off the rails a million ways from Sunday so it's basically just a "whatever" thread right now.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 16:04 PM
Did you try the website?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 15:16 PM
Hahah
Why is SFO so dead on SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Why is SFO so dead on SLS?       04-19-2018 14:58 PM
Different parts of the country have different presences on different sites. SLS is the most national one I know of. Another is very popular here in Florida, but not common outside the southeast in the US, but very popular in Europe. Another is much more common in the northeastern US but not well known in other areas.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > contact info in free profiles       04-19-2018 14:57 PM
I would imagine that in most cases the changes are made afterwards. You can report any profile. Click Report and explain what the issue is. I really don't have a problem with Paid members including such info in their profile - they do so at their own peril.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 14:55 PM
Perhaps you've misunderstood where I was going with that (or perhaps I misunderstood the angle of your reply). In short - homeopathy is preposterous, unsupported garbage quackery, and no properly conducted scientific study has ever demonstrated otherwise. Any health care provider who tries to push or sell it is either incompetent or a fraud. i.e. I agree with you entirely. I went through the math exercise to show that even the argument that there is a little bit in there is crazy - there isn't ANY. It's been diluted below the threshold of Avogadro's number, which means there can't be any in there.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 13:57 PM
Just for the rabies-specific case... Assuming that rabid dog saliva is even 1 part in 1 million virus (and I really doubt it's even close to that high), this would mean dog saliva is already "3C". Since a virus is around 100kDa in mass that means there are perhaps 10^12 actual viruses in 1 gram of saliva. Anything over 6C means there is probably not even one virus particle in the final product. At 10C (10^20 dilution) there is only a 1 in 10^8 (1 in 100 million) chance that even ONE rabies virus is present in the final product. It's just fucking water. An interesting website to visit: w ww.howdoeshomeopathywork.co m/
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 13:47 PM
But it doesn't. Homeopathic preparations are usually done by first mixing 1 part of the thing into 100 parts of a carrier - usually water or a water/alcohol mixture. This is considered "1C", in homeopath-speak. 2C would be taking 1 part of that and diluting it 100x again. So 2C = 1 in 10^2. 10C would be 1 in 10^20, i.e. in in 100 septillion (if I'm getting my "illions" right there) 12C would be equivalent to 1 in 10^24. Since this is the approximate mass (in grams) of all the world's water, 12C would be equivalent to 1 gram of stuff mixed into all of the world's oceans (which hold 97% of the lithospheric water). It's the point at which it's unlikely that even 1 atom from the original substance is present in the final product. 24C would be the equivalent of 1 gram spread among the mass of the entire Milky Way galaxy. 30C s the equivalent of 1 gram among the entire observable universe. Common homeopathic preparation are from 10C to 30C, and sometimes even more. If anyone still doesn't understand how ridiculous it is that this would be anything other than placebo, I don't know what else can be done for them.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       04-19-2018 13:22 PM
Fun Fact: When I was a dumb kid reading through the TV Guide (the real one, not that shitty one that came free with the weekend paper), I would see these listings for programming that wasn't yet set - listed as "To Be Announced." For years I thought "To Be Announced" was the name of a TV program.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-19-2018 13:13 PM
You're not very good at using the forum search. While some have probably been deleted, among the surviving forum posts, I have used the word "pedantic" twice in my 10 years on the fora, and "pedantism" once, but even that was quoting tbr. You'd figure I would use my "favorite word" more than once a year. As for "torchy"... I was overly mean-spirited in writing that, no doubt. But I am not impressed when people do something like set themselves on fire using petroleum products in the name of protesting the continued use of petroleum. To think we are going to stop using them within our lifetime is foolhardy, and no amount of such actions is going to change that. And it has nothing to do with the evil people that you or Andrew think run the world while dressed as the Monopoly Man, smoking cigars composed of rolled up Benjamins...
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-19-2018 12:01 PM
For what? It's an approved "treatment". In fairness, at least, homeopathic stuff is just water so it's not like there's any actually rabies virus in it.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts and Bitchfest       04-18-2018 23:41 PM
HT: Got a new Galaxy9 phone. I love it. HT: baseball game tonight FB: I got hit in the ass with a pitch I and it hurt. FB: our starting pitcher (not me) walked off the mound in the middle of the 8th inning ranting and screaming at the umpire. I had to come in and finish the game with no warmup.
Has anyone else had their profiles EDITED ??
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Has anyone else had their profiles EDITED ??       04-18-2018 16:13 PM
Explain, please. And welcome to the fora.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-18-2018 16:13 PM
"very adamant in their beliefs, suddenly vanish. I wonder what the story was" I wish I'd vanish. This place is a bad habit. It consumes far too much of my time. I don't seem to be able to strike a good balance so I see eventually quitting as the only way.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-18-2018 16:11 PM
Every once in a while someone on here makes a statement that puts their position in a place that is so remotely removed from anywhere where anyone can have a reasonable discussion that it becomes clear that a reasonable discussion is never going to possible. "In my opinion the government should view these people the way they view Isis. " That's one of them. If you're going to say that was intended to be hyperbole, I don't really believe you. You are so focused on your searing hatred and rage against the Unholy Trinity of Trump/Republicans/Wall St that you're not reachable. Enjoy.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 23:52 PM
Fjep's profile still exists. Last online 65 days ago. Still the same picture. "Alice Spooker", as Z used to call him.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 21:58 PM
I'm thinking he went to Venezuela to join the revolution. Oh wait... that would take initiative.....
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 18:25 PM
Nope. He gave no indication of his leaving. His SLS profile has not been touched for 669 days now.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 17:34 PM
I'm not sure why I capitalized "VISTA".... Glad it works for you.
Legalized prositution
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Legalized prositution       04-17-2018 14:59 PM
Yes. The fine line here is that prostitutes are paid for having a sexual relationship, however brief. Porn stars are paid for *portrayal* of a sexual relationship. At least in California, that's the loophole.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-17-2018 14:04 PM
This actually doesn't surprise me much. I remember way back when studying a mess of a pentachlorophenol spill, and a professor asking "How do we learn which bacteria will eat pentachlorophenol?" A young scientist said "test the soil at places where there already is pentachlorophenol". She was right. You name it, *something* out there will eat it. Don't misunderstand me - I'm not poo-pooing this. Life is pretty aggressive at trying to infiltrate spaces and finding ways to survive in hostile environments or resort to, shall we say, unconventional food and energy sources.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 13:59 PM
FOSTA la VISTA, baby.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 13:39 PM
I certainly have topics that interest me and I come back to often. But I don't try to tie everything under the sun to a reason to come back around to them. I remember you once telling Robert "It's not your position, it's your pedantism. If you ever got near a pussy, I imagine you'd ask her if the person who waxed her was paid a living wage."
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-17-2018 13:19 PM
Not counting your quoting me, in your last 100 posts you have mentioned Trump 34 times. In my last 100 posts, I have mentioned Food Babe (Or Food anything) zero times. But you can believe what you like.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-17-2018 11:36 AM
For those who complain that young people don't know how to cook anymore. Italian chef Fabio Picchi has offered three American exchange students in Florence a four-hour cooking lesson after the women tried to cook pasta in a pot without water on March 18. The pasta burst into flames within minutes, and firefighters were summoned to put out the fire. "We thought it was cooked like that," one of the students told La Nazione. "They will have lunch in our restaurant with two of my extraordinary cooks," Picchi said. "I think this can be useful to them, but also to us. Understanding is always ... what is beautiful and necessary."
2018 Bitch of the Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > 2018 Bitch of the Day       04-17-2018 11:34 AM
No doubt. Stoners aren't generally aggressive.. just profoundly stupid.
2018 Bitch of the Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > 2018 Bitch of the Day       04-16-2018 23:09 PM
And yes, I appreciate the differences between the practical uses of hemp and the drug qualities of pot. I'm saying I've never met anyone who gave a damn about hemp that wasn't in fact principally interested in pot.
2018 Bitch of the Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > 2018 Bitch of the Day       04-16-2018 23:07 PM
"every single one of them appears to be completely baked. It makes communication difficult. Plus, the place smells like ass. " This is the one thing that always got to me about this issue. I remember being in my freshman year of college and being at some booth where some stoner was going on about the useful qualities of hemp. "Look at this rope you can make from hemp maaaaaaaaan! This shit's like, totally illegal maaaaaan." (which I know it's not in and of itself, but it's "complicated") I refuse to believe that this guy had any serious interest in higher quality rope. Almost everyone I've heard go on extensively about non-stoner qualities of hemp is unquestionably a stoner, whose primary interest is getting high. There have been a few exceptions, but not too many for me. As for the smell - this is my single biggest reason for not being around marijuana. I cannot STAND the smell. I don't care if people smoke it, but I find the level of idiocy it renders the smokers at (while high) is at first amusing but then irritating to me. I'd prefer to talk to just about anyone else than a stoner.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-16-2018 21:33 PM
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Dale Carnegie.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-16-2018 20:29 PM
Harry Anderson, best known as the judge on "Night Court". I used to love that show.
2018 Bitch of the Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > 2018 Bitch of the Day       04-16-2018 17:31 PM
A heartbreaking picture that is sure to make the rounds was published today.... An emaciated Venezuelan woman saying her goodbyes to her daughter, who looks to be about 3, that she can no longer feed or care for, while leaving her at an orphanage in Caracas.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-16-2018 14:06 PM
Current's ability to turn almost any post or topic into a gripe about Trump, Republicans or Wall Street bankers is quite impressive, if not pedantic.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-16-2018 00:15 AM
Stealing pics?
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 23:30 PM
Ok. So it's new.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 20:07 PM
Swingwhat? SwingTits?
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-15-2018 20:06 PM
Oh WOW really???
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 19:55 PM
"According to customer services, free members cannot communicate in any way. If a paid member sends them mail and they try to respond they will receive a notification that they will have to pay to see it." If that is true, that is a very recent change. I have messages from free members as recently as 4/2.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-15-2018 19:52 PM
Yep. I remember his 2-5 am show on a long overnight drive. I'd hear that music coming on and think "Oh man... here it comes..."
HAPPY THOUGHTS - 2018
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS - 2018       04-15-2018 16:33 PM
After a number of very frustrating experiences with UberEats, we tried takeoutwaiter. com. It was really easy and worked out well. Nice!
HAPPY THOUGHTS - 2018
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS - 2018       04-15-2018 15:09 PM
So I survived the night, but probably because 2 of the 4 Brazilian women no-showed. But it was still a whole lotta fun.
Obituaries
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Obituaries       04-15-2018 15:02 PM
I can't believe I'm beating Andrew to the punch on this one. Art Bell, host of "Coast to Coast AM", age 72.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-15-2018 14:23 PM
Andrew, Because, you know, the [insert evil power-broker's name here] are so scared of somebody with a petition that they murder him in plain sight for all of the Alex Jones worshippers to see. I've written here before about the efforts to rid the world of Aedes aegypti before, but my forum search results suggests to me that the thread it was in has gone the way of the dodo. I think it's fantastic. And yes, you can do it in my backyard.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-15-2018 14:07 PM
OK so do you remember this story about the guy in North Carolina who had a baby with his daughter? Steven and Katie Pladl? Well, it's over. On Thursday, he murdered their child, Katie, Katie's adoptive father, and then killed himself. Asshole.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The day's news. Anything worth conversing about?       04-15-2018 14:05 PM
Have at it, Torchy.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 13:17 PM
I think you risk being banned from the fora for even participating in such a discussion here. I get uncomfortable when people here recall their own pre-18 sexual experiences, beyond purely technical aspects such as "I lost my virginity when I was 16".
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 13:08 PM
Well to the overarching point - understanding that something is "criminal" vs understanding that it's "wrong" are not the same thing. Of course, there are instances where we would likely agree that "criminal" and "wrong" do not always overlap cleanly. In some cases not at all. Wait a second.... Did you just say that you spoke to teenagers who maintained that burglary is OK? While indifference to the "wrongness" of crime such as burglary doesn't surprise me, actually believing that there is nothing wrong about it does.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 12:34 PM
" Your fantasy is not my fantasy, my fantasies are not yours." While this is another can of worms entirely, I believe a lot of people have fantasies that they would never share with anyone under any circumstances. Fantasies that they are so embarrassed or ashamed of that they could never possibly tell anyone at all. Even an anonymous survey.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 12:09 PM
Many criminals understand that what they are doing is criminal, but justify it to themselves through convoluted reasoning.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-15-2018 11:45 AM
"though I would question the validity of the belief that synthetic is somehow better" Anyone who holds that as a default position is as clueless as the person who holds the position I spoke of.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-15-2018 11:35 AM
I think the serial rapists of the "I just want to violent towards women" likely do know that they are rapists, and those who don't believe they are but seek sexual gratification are, from a psychoanalytical standpoint, very different animals. I am speculating of course. I have no expertise in this... just my conjecture.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-14-2018 17:57 PM
Most vanilla women (in my experience) fall into one of two categories: those who have rape fantasies, and those who angrily deny that ANY women have rape fantasies. I personally would find participation in one completely unexciting, but to each their own.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-14-2018 17:52 PM
"Got that?" The fact that anyone asks ncal that question and expects him to get it blows my mind.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-14-2018 13:39 PM
not surprising to me at all... Firstly, people have this fallacious belief that "natural" things are better. Seoncdly, latex is still cheaper than polyisoprene, which is what latex really is anyway. Plus some other garbage that I provokes allergic reactions.
HAPPY THOUGHTS - 2018
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS - 2018       04-14-2018 12:23 PM
Not one, not two, not three... but FOUR Brazilian women are coming to our little party tonight. I might need some time in a coma after this...
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-14-2018 12:21 PM
They don't fear a jump to that conclusion. They fear a crawl. We can agree to disagree as to whether or not theit concerns are with foundation.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-14-2018 10:07 AM
LQQK, you are likely not aware of this, but Pulse was a haunt of the lifestyle crowd around here. While nominally a gay club they held lifestyle events at least once a month. We met a lot of our friends there. We did not personally know anyone killed, but we do know people who were there.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-13-2018 19:55 PM
Well holy shit. Learn something new every day. I stand corrected.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-13-2018 16:35 PM
Goop. com, that awesome warehouse of bullshit, is now selling.... Vegan condoms. WTF do these idiots think normal latex condoms are made of?
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-13-2018 16:31 PM
Well there goes this thread for the next 4,000 posts.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-13-2018 16:31 PM
I really wasn't trying to do anything but explore the way I believe some people think and what motivates them.
Seriously SLS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Seriously SLS?       04-13-2018 16:06 PM
I'm going to go even further and propose that trial membership for $1 for the first month on a credit card would deter a great many fakes and other people abusing the site.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       04-13-2018 16:03 PM
So rather than beat this to death with explanations anymore, let me pose it as a question to you, tbr. Imagine you're a politician faced with a reasonable person, who says that they really do support background checks, registries etc in principle. But they are concerned that this isn't really all you want, and they want to know what stands in the way of regulatory pile-ons that eventually make guns illegal in a de facto sense? OK. Ban 30 round magazines (or clips, whatever - picking at my exact terms doesn't change what I'm saying). So then someone shoots up a school with 3 20-round magazines. Now they ban 20 round magazines. What about 10? What about a 6-shot revolver? Should every gun be limited to a single bullet? Do you really need a 45? Can't a 22 be good enough? Can't you get by with a musket? A sling shot? A baseball bat? A mini souvenir baseball bat? I know all of those things sound ridiculous. And right now they are. But today's ridiculous becomes tomorrow's reality. Like I mentioned about the Great White North - in the 1970s Canadians could buy machine guns. The initial regulations were only against them, with promises that anyone ever banning handguns were nothing but paranoid delusions. All of those people who said that handguns would eventually be banned were told exactly what you are saying "Nobody is proposing an outright ban." So what can you tell a reasonable person that will leave them satisfied that nobody can seize on the precedent you are setting to take it the next few steps?
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.