HELP
FORUMS
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 20532
Last 100 Displayed

If you could have sex with ANYONE!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fantasies > If you could have sex with ANYONE!       12-20-2014 09:49 AM
Hey that phone story was the exception not the rule. I don't go gaga over celebrities much either, and of course she's not attainable. But the title of the thread says "anyone", so she's fair game. She's also truly exceptional, even among exceptional women.
Black Women and White Men
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Black Women and White Men       12-20-2014 09:26 AM
I have had just one black woman but I had a terrific time with her.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       12-19-2014 22:59 PM
Is Alice a metaphor for the typical voter?
would you get married again?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > would you get married again?       12-19-2014 22:55 PM
You seem so happy in yours.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-19-2014 22:53 PM
It wouldnt even matter who did it. It could be another James Holmes kinda thing, completely unconnected to the hackers. They'd still be sued into oblivion.
Post one random fact about yourselves
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Post one random fact about yourselves       12-19-2014 18:54 PM
Ok you're going laugh at this one. When I sneeze, it smells like honey. Everyone within 10 feet of me will agree. I've never heard a decent explanation for this but Google tells me that while not common, I am not the only one. It began some time around 10 years ago.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-19-2014 17:39 PM
I don't generally reply to most of your posts, since most of your arguments amount to little more than "Oh yeah? Republicans / conservatives are worse." It's pretty pointless.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-19-2014 16:52 PM
I don't think we will love it. We are going to live in it for a few months until we find our dream house. Then we will rent it out. But thank you. It'll be good to not be homeless.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-19-2014 16:23 PM
HT-: Everything suddenly came together and we closed an hour ago. We have a house. On our way there right now. 'bout fucking time....
If you could have sex with ANYONE!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fantasies > If you could have sex with ANYONE!       12-19-2014 13:03 PM
Kate Upton was just names "Sexiest Woman Alive" by People magazine. I tend to agree. I know not everyone agrees - especially women, oddly enough, who don't seem to understand the contradiction about criticizing a model for not being rail-thin while complaining that men demand women be rail-thin. I'd happily hump all 141 pounds of her yumminess until...well, I'm not sure. How long can a man have sex for?
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 12:34 PM
That part about these sorts of things drives me crazy. You can take money from my account in a microsecond but it takes 10 days to credit it back? This is 2014 a few keystrokes and these things should be done bam. I have no idea how long it will take to get our earnest money back if we don't close on the 30th. That is our new, and final, closing date. We cannot live like this anymore "will today be the day?". Closing date is Dec 30 either sell us the house or give us our money back and fuck off.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 12:09 PM
...and what became of the sonofabitch that hit you?
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       12-19-2014 11:30 AM
Well you as a tourist won't be starving. My friend remembered in the first few years after the USSR collapsed and their food aid dried up overnight; going to be hungry was really common. Things have improved somewhat but food is still a problem. Things are better since the stores began accepting Cuban pesos (I know that sounds crazy but that's how it was - you were given ration cards and worthless Cuban pesos, which the stores wouldn't take.) Their currency system is still bizarre but hey - it's Cuba. Without tourism I don't know what the hell they would do.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-19-2014 10:53 AM
Something amusing and lighthearted, which I could really use today... George W. Bush doesn’t readily offer political opinions, but when it comes to portraits, he has some broad-brush advice: ‘‘Never paint your wife or your mother." Bush’s new book about his father includes a portrait he painted of his dad, the 41st president. Bush tells CNN’s ‘‘State of the Union’’ that ‘‘I think it’s nice,’’ but his tough-to-please mother ‘‘kind of wasn't’’ happy with it. The 43rd president also painted his wife, Laura. The verdict? She didn’t like it and neither did one of their daughters, ‘‘so I just scrapped it.’’ Well, maybe not. ‘‘I may have saved it although they probably think I destroyed it.’’ Bush has said that an essay by Winston Churchill on painting inspired him to take lessons after leaving office.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 10:46 AM
That's terrible. I'm so sorry. I hope your nephew is good as new asap.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 10:25 AM
Uh, is everyone ok?
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 10:04 AM
Nice to see I'm not the only one in real estate hell with the VA.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 08:55 AM
Now we have found out that the asset manager assigned to our closing has been removed from the case by the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs, and a new asset manager assigned. The new asset manager "needs time" to review everything, and has sent a huge list of items to OUR people to try and get us to do all their work for them. I can't believe this crap..... I wish we'd never caved on the extension... something tells me they will do this right to the bitter end and then magically put it out of their ass and close at the 11th hour, putting us through as much bullshit as possible before finally completing it.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-19-2014 08:07 AM
Another week looks like it's going to pass without a closing on our house. :( Given that the next two weeks are holiday weeks, I am not optimistic that this is going to happen at all. These motherfuckers have cost us a fortune in the costs of hotel living, not to mention wasted countless hours of time for all parties involved. And their "tough shit" attitude makes it worse.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-19-2014 08:04 AM
Awesome Rabbit!
Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Regaining motivation again and again and again Whats your Motivation       12-19-2014 07:54 AM
I have sort of a dual goal - get my weight to 190 or get a 6 pack, whichever comes first, while continuing heavy weight training. It feels like I'm forever moving towards it but never getting there. The hint that a six pack is just around the corner always seems to be there (you can just barely see it in certain lighting). It feels like I am busting my ass forever just to maintain "OK". I feel like I should be getting further given the effort expended. But perhaps I'm blind to what I actually am achieving. It seems like I look the same, and my weight sits pretty steadily in the 205-ish zone. But my 33 inch jeans can now come off without being unbuttoned and I have to retire some shirts because they won't close on my chest or fit around my arms. So why does it look the same??
What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       12-19-2014 07:44 AM
Today was arm day but a bit of a struggle. I was feeling a little weak but I got through it. However, it is after these kind of workouts that I feel like I've accomplished the most. Time to feed my poor muscles...
Moresomes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fantasies > Moresomes       12-19-2014 06:38 AM
The best number has generally been 3 couples for us. Orgy-ish enough to get that "free for all fuck fest" but small enough that you don't feel like .. I don't know how to describe it - like you're doing everyone simply because they are there?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-18-2014 23:00 PM
:(
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-18-2014 22:53 PM
I think the back door is "who's on".
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-18-2014 22:33 PM
For the same reason we get IM messages even with it turned off. SLS has poor control over their systems.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       12-18-2014 18:54 PM
Food you actually get in Cuba is bland and boring. The common phrase is: for the best Cuban food, go to Miami or Tampa.
The Return To Cuban Trade and Travel
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Return To Cuban Trade and Travel       12-18-2014 18:53 PM
The Cuba you see as a tourist is not the Cuba you see when you live there. Human Rights Watch ranks it the most repressive country in the Americas. You as a tourist will be OK. The Secret Police will ensure you are fine and don't go anywhere you shouldn't. Laugh at me if you like but nearly 5% of the country is a secret police agent or informant. It might appeal to people like Robert. Not me.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 16:56 PM
I saw that and laughed my ass off. You mean they won't now??? "So ronery... so ronery...." Like I said. They are not afraid of North Korea. They are afraid of the American court system. This really sucks. I'm sure the movie will be released somehow. But this is pathetic and embarassing.
OBAMA IS PLANNING NEW COUNTRY WITHIN THE USA and 3RD PARTY
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > OBAMA IS PLANNING NEW COUNTRY WITHIN THE USA and 3RD PARTY       12-18-2014 16:53 PM
I wonder why...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > would you get married again?       12-18-2014 16:51 PM
The question presumes one is already in a happy marriage. It really is intended for couples. She's not saying singles can't weigh in, since many (nearly all?) singles on here were married previously and may or may not consider remarriage. One thing I will say - I cannot tell you how many people I have known that said "no way Jose" to getting marriage/having kids/whatever. And then did it anyway. Never say never. I don't care what you say - I don't think anyone can ever say never. They might repeat it earnestly - even angrily - for years. And then do an about-face. So just - stop. You can say you don't think so. And you might be right. But you're probably wrong.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 16:44 PM
This is what I mean. Sony isn't afraid of the North Korean government. They are afraid of the American government.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 14:05 PM
No mention of this on the DPRK's official news outlet. Interesting that even bumbling North Korea can manage to run an error-free website though.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 13:56 PM
This....is....stupid. No no no no NO!!!!
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 13:53 PM
Oh come ON... New Regency has announced they will cancel an upcoming film set in North Korea. Steve Carell (The Office) was set to star in a North Korea-set thriller to be directed by Gore Verbinski (Pirate of the Caribbean.) Now, the entire picture has been scuttled due to concerns about how Kim Jong Un's regime will react.
What's for lunch?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for lunch?       12-18-2014 13:49 PM
Or possibly Lucky Charms or Skittles.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-18-2014 13:48 PM
Happy birthday to you both!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > would you get married again?       12-18-2014 13:48 PM
I'm guessing this was prompted by my post in the 3 some thread. I can't imagine not being married. Mrs VA and I (like most couples) have had the "if I died" conversation and she insists she wouldn't marry anyone else. While romantic, I find that sad. I would hope she could find someone to continue making her happy. I wouldn't want her to spend the rest of her life alone. As for me, yes I would. My wife is my one and only, but if God forbid I ever lost her, I would, in fact, want to remarry. Also, the Mrs and I have been together forever. Our daughter was born when she was 16 and I was 18. Neither of us even know what being a single adult is like. Perhaps that contributed to my sentiment.
Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-18-2014 13:17 PM
*couples dammit. Also, the Mrs and I have been together forever. Our daughter was born when she was 16 and I was 18. Neither of us even know what being a single adult is like. Perhaps that contributed to my sentiment.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-18-2014 13:15 PM
I can't imagine not being married. Mrs VA and I (like most couplets) have had the "if I died" conversation and she insists she wouldn't marry anyone else. While romantic, I find that sad. I would hope she could find someone to continue making her happy. I wouldn't want her to spend the rest of her life alone. As for me, yes I would. My wife is my one and only, but if God forbid I ever lost her, I would, in fact, want to remarry.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-18-2014 12:30 PM
btw That last bit might enrage someone who might be 50 and somewhat chunky. It was not intended to and I don't mean to imply that such a person has nothing to offer in the lifestyle or is even humdrum. Some of my best times have been with such women.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-18-2014 12:19 PM
Go for it BT. I'm more likely to brag by casually throwing out details about some sexcapade that involved something more likely to make people see it as bragging, such as a threesome with a 22 and 25 year old, than I am, say, a party bang with a somewhat chunky 10-year older woman who, while being a great friend and she makes for awesome sex, is not exactly high on people's fantasy list.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-18-2014 12:15 PM
Great merciful crap!
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 10:50 AM
So what are we to do? Are we really going to let North Korea dictate our movie releases? If the threat were, say, "If you inaugurate President whoever" - or anything against the government - you can bet we would go ahead anyway. But this is a private corporation which does not have infinite resources to defend itself from litigation and stands to lose lots of money. The government doesn't care about losing money.
Panties
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Panties       12-18-2014 08:19 AM
We've lost lots of things over the years. Once in a while a pair of panties shows up in our laundry and we're like "who the hell did this belong to?".
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-18-2014 08:15 AM
That wouldn't be the most unbelievable thing I've seen posted here. Was it like this? youtube. com/watch?v=iMucmRlPZK0
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-18-2014 08:06 AM
I'm often accused of being a braggart, and often they are correct. To that I say - revel in your successes. If you just banged a bus full of Swedish cheerleaders (and lived to tell about it), I say, stand up and tell about it. To hell with those that don't like it. The only thing I have an issue with is those that one-up everyone to the point of absurdity and/or absolutely impossible feats or other purported factoids about themselves.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 06:29 AM
....and before you dismiss that.... How many times have we evacuated schools because of "bomb threat"? In the days before *69 and call records this was very common. I personally as a kid can remember at least 3 incidents where we had to leave the school because of a bomb threat, so I'm guessing this has happened thousands - if not tens of thousands - of times. Have any of these ever - even ONCE - materialized into an actual bomb in a school, at least beyond some stupid pipe bomb? They don't evacuate because they are afraid of anyone getting hurt. They evacuate because they are terrified of hearing the words: "This court finds that the defendants did willfully and with callous disregard for the safety of their students and staff, ignore a known danger posed to them...."
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       12-18-2014 05:48 AM
Sony and the theatres are much more afraid of our own court system destroying them in the event anyone actually does get hurt.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Are the single women in here a bunch of losers?       12-17-2014 21:42 PM
"the feel better LSF crew." I wouldn't mind making you all feel better.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-17-2014 21:37 PM
It's my almost birthday too! Only about 200 more days to go! Free lap dances, ladies? :)
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       12-17-2014 21:32 PM
I remember one such ridiculous case - I wish I could find it - where a business owner had their account raided in March, weeks before the annual tax filing. When it came time to file (and pay) his taxes he had no funds to do so. He had to raid his own personal credit to make payroll and the Feds then went after him for not paying his taxes, and then the IRS slapped a lien on his business and his credit bottomed out. Think about that. The IRS took his money, and then went after him for not paying his taxes when he had no means to do so because they took all his money and (via the lien) trashed his credit.
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       12-17-2014 21:30 PM
Knowing nothing more about her case than what I posted here.... It depends on how much of a "float" she kept in her business account. Any family (or business) that operates paycheck-to-paycheck lives more or less the same way. If you get a deposit of $3,000 once every two weeks, and $2,000 of it goes to bills within 1-2 days afterwards, you never have more than $3,000 to $5,000 in the bank at any given time. Hypothetical.... and remember she's a "cash only" restaurant.... (which automatically makes you suspicious these days, but anyway....) her restaurant has, say, 150 patrons per day, spending $25 each, that's around $4,000 a day. Maybe twice as much on a busy Saturday; less on a dreary Tuesday. But that means 4-7 times a week she's making deposits of $2,000 - $8,000. That could easily resemble a structuring scheme. And depending on where she is in her payroll cycle (or her quarterly tax cycle) she wouldn't necessarily have THAT much in there. Anyway - I know I am sounding like a broken record, but it's the lack of recourse available that pisses me off about it. A lengthy investigation is one thing, but once they make a move and begin seizing things then I say the burden is on them to bring charges - soon - or drop the whole thing and return the money.
LIFESTYLE CRUISE SHIP - Official SLS Sponsored Cruise
FORUMS > Events > Florida > LIFESTYLE CRUISE SHIP - Official SLS Sponsored Cruise       12-17-2014 17:37 PM
This will be our first!! Hooray!
Make a Wish Foundation - Swinger Edition
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fantasies > Make a Wish Foundation - Swinger Edition       12-17-2014 17:22 PM
If you could wave a magic wand and have any sexual fantasy come true, what would it be?
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-17-2014 17:19 PM
Would you like some Scotch Woodcock? (Contains no scotch, no wood, and no cock)
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-17-2014 17:15 PM
A South Carolina judge on Wednesday vacated the conviction of a black 14-year-old boy, the youngest person sentenced to death in the United States in the past century, saying he did not receive a fair trial in the murders of two white girls. George Stinney Jr. was convicted by an all-white jury after a one-day trial and a 10-minute jury deliberation. In her ruling, Judge Carmen Tevis Mullen said she was not overturning the case on its merits, but on the failure of the court to grant Stinney a fair trial. Stinney was executed in 1944. He is now free to go.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-17-2014 16:59 PM
Lol Eating spotted dick while enjoying BBC. Ain't for me but to each their own. Will they also have clotted cream?
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       12-17-2014 16:54 PM
NASA has been working diligently on the SLS - Space Launch System - the vehicle designed to replace the shuttle and eventually take us to Mars. Will they just launch it and watch it explode? Or do you think they will test it - at all - before placing astronauts on it? If the astronauts protest, will they be suspended? If they are alone on the SLS but NASA finds out they have a significant other, will they be changed into a couple? Will blocking unwelcome frequencies result in a flood of messages to their radio anyway?
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       12-17-2014 16:47 PM
Well that's refreshing. I'm all about due process. I realize it's somewhat subjective but I think it's important. I don't know if you know much about the law in this area but it really seems like that if the government digs its heels in (or simply ignores your pleas for resolution of "your" case), then you are basically fucked and it matters not what you have or have not done, and this is pretty outrageous. Probably when the laws in this area were drafted it was not conceived that it could be so subject to abuse.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Return To Cuban Trade and Travel       12-17-2014 15:51 PM
They were hilarious when they came in the winter. First time it snowed ALL of them fell on their asses slipping on ice.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-17-2014 15:49 PM
My Spanish is limited to mostly things off the menu. I can read it better than I would have guessed - my French is helpful in figuring Spanish. I "read" an article about bourbon on a plane ride recently written in Spanish, and I (think) mostly got it. Had to read, re-read, apply context etc but I think I got most of it. A few other things... Me gusta...si... Condom. Well, that's about all this lovely 24 year old señorita said, anyway. Ugh ugh ugh works in any language.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > The Return To Cuban Trade and Travel       12-17-2014 15:17 PM
Since most of our families are Canadian, we know many who have been. Beautiful, for sure. I worked with many Cubans (both expats and those who go back) and they do not like their country. Rather, the way it's run. Ever meet someone who is terrified of their government? Well, besides HFT and Andrew. I had a funny happening once. I worked with a married couple who came to Ottawa every year. I liked them tremendously. He had a lot to say about their government but was careful about where he would say it, as he feared our labs and offices were bugged. His wife refused to talk about it, scared that one of us would report on what they said. Anyway - one day they just weren't there anymore. We had no idea what happened to them until 2 years later. I went to a conference in Orlando. I bump into her out of sheer chance. They defected at the US embassy that day they went missing. Life is interesting sometimes. I don't really want to give my money to the Cuban government if I can avoid it.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-17-2014 14:47 PM
I'm beginning to think it will be less trouble for me to learn Spanish than to hope everyone else will learn English.
Ferguson
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ferguson       12-17-2014 13:13 PM
Where do Hazletonian halfwits fall on that continuum?
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       12-17-2014 12:59 PM
Sondra Bullock films are excellent emetics.
Gang Bang night at The Cottage
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Gang Bang night at The Cottage       12-17-2014 12:58 PM
I don't know what you will wear to the event but I am having a premonition about what you'll be wearing at the end of it.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-17-2014 12:23 PM
Now we're talking about Friday. *maybe* Wtf is wrong with these assholes???
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       12-17-2014 12:20 PM
Paul Simon - "Homeless" :(
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       12-17-2014 12:12 PM
It might. Obviously no flash. The shutter opening will adjust automatically and I have no tripod (although maybe the camera could be placed on a shelf or some fixed place). If we figure something out I will post them next week.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       12-17-2014 11:53 AM
Nothing special. A Nikon coolpix
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       12-17-2014 11:19 AM
Gravalax sounds like something you take to clear a bowel obstruction. I had to look it up. Gravlax (as it's more commonly spelled) is a cured salmon dish, for those who were also unaware.
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       12-17-2014 11:11 AM
Ok. So? By "conservatives" do you mean me? Did I somehow infer that I was on board with everything in the article? And the article simply stated the reason for the IRS letting it go without any analysis or comment, aside from the statement from the business owner. I find it weird that this is the point in the article that you think it worthy of discussion. At issue here IMHO is a total lack of due process. If a person were held for 18 months without charge you would be (rightfully) throwing a shit fit over it. The fact that the government has broad latitude to indefinitely seize assets without warrant or charge (seriously disrupting the lives of the victims) and then allow little to no avenue for recourse is appalling. Please tell me you agree.
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       12-17-2014 10:46 AM
What?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-17-2014 09:30 AM
Interesting story here.... A Toronto man who made headlines last month by offering a free round-the-world air ticket to a woman with the same name as his ex-girlfriend has found Ms. Right. Jordan Axani, 28, and his then girlfriend, named Elizabeth Gallagher, booked heavily discounted round-the-world air tickets in May, but their relationship ended and he didn't want her ticket to go to waste. The ticket had a strict no-transfer policy, but since passport information was not required when booking, it can be used by any Canadian named Elizabeth Gallagher. Axani posted his offer last month on the popular Reddit social media website, and received thousands of emails, including 18 from actual Elizabeth Gallaghers with Canadian passports. He's now chosen his travel mate, Elizabeth Quinn Gallagher, a 23-year-old student and part-time office administrator from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia. "It's strictly a platonic trip. It's going to be great," Axani said. At first the new Elizabeth Gallagher thought a trip with a stranger whose ex-girlfriend's name is the same as hers was "crazy" but she hit it off with Axani after talking on the phone with him for hours. "It definitely did seem a little bit creepy at the beginning but now that I talked to him it's less creepy and more awesome," she said. She already has a boyfriend though. "This is totally sort of like as friends," she said. "I have a pretty serious boyfriend. We've been together for a while. We're planning on buying a house and we have a puppy, so yeah I'm not really looking for anything at all." She acknowledged her boyfriend isn't thrilled. "He understands that I've always wanted to travel so while he's not happy I'm taking off for nearly a month at Christmas with a random guy he's smiling through it," she said. Good thing the name is a common one and situation wasn't reversed.
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       12-17-2014 09:23 AM
Another one... A year and a half after seizing $33,000 from a small-business owner who supposedly deposited the cash incorrectly, the Internal Revenue Service has reluctantly agreed to give the Iowa woman her money back. Hinders, owner of an Iowa restaurant called Mrs. Lady's Mexican Food, caught the IRS' attention last year because she made frequent large deposits of less than $10,000 from her cash-only restaurant. Banks that get deposits of more than $10,000 have to report them to the federal government, and anybody who purposely tries to avoid those reporting requirements is guilty of a crime called structuring. However, Hinders says she'd never heard of structuring before the cash seizure, and that she's just trying to run an honest cash business. With the help of a public-interest law firm called the Institute for Justice, Hinders has been fighting for over a year to get the money back. On Friday lawyers from the Justice Department finally submitted a motion to dismiss the lawsuit that it had filed in order to keep the money. (In civil forfeiture cases, the government must file lawsuits "against" property or cash in order to keep it. This one was called United States of America v. $32,820.56 in United States Currency.) The government asked the court to dismiss the case "without prejudice". The government also reiterated that it was justified in filing the case in the first place. Hinders had shown a "clear pattern of manipulating bank deposits below $10,000 in order to avoid the reporting requirements," the government said in its motion to dismiss. However, the government added that "allocating its limited resources elsewhere would better serve justice in this case." The Institute for Justice accused the IRS of making a "mean-spirited move" by leaving the door open for the agency to seize Hinders' cash again. It also said it was a violation of due process that it took a team of lawyers 18 months to get this lady her money back. “I actually wanted a trial, which would have cleared my name and helped to protect others, but it is good to get the money back. My fight is far from over, though," Hinders said in a statement provided by her lawyers. "I am willing to tell my story to Congress to help change forfeiture laws so that no one else has to go through what I suffered."
What's for Breakfast
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Breakfast       12-17-2014 08:41 AM
I just had a protein shake with heavy cream added. Wasn't that hungry today. This is always the way it is when I switch over to keto. I barely have an appetite for the first couple of days. I have to make myself eat.
New Site Preview
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > New Site Preview       12-17-2014 08:38 AM
We wish we had your problem. We get IM messages piling up in our log even though it's always turned off. We get the "user blocked" message whenever we click on the "see all" even though they aren't. It's just ridiculous. As I said elsewhere, I would have been fired a thousand times over if I had this kind of record of rolling out changes without adequate testing.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       12-17-2014 07:57 AM
We are supposed to close on our fucking house today - held up for going on 7 weeks now - and we have nothing but silence from the goddamn Feds. They were supposed to sent the warranty deed last Thursday and it still hasn't arrived, and they haven't answered any inquiries. These morons can't even figure out how to sell a house. It's a good thing they don't have nuclear launch codes or anything. I am warning you - don't EVER buy a house from the Feds. Any cost savings we would have realized have long been eaten up by living in a hotel for 7 weeks. I hate this. I hate it. Assholes!!!!!!
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       12-17-2014 06:09 AM
So we are going to a black light/body paint party this Saturday. We were not well prepared for it last time - this will be better. Here's my JW: I've seen great pictures from such parties but I imagine there are special needs for the camera settings to get them. Anyone have experience with this?
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-16-2014 16:09 PM
Kibbs!!
What will the government do about this?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > What will the government do about this?       12-16-2014 08:46 AM
Again, not justifying anything.... I remember many years ago (perhaps 1998) when - I think it was Netanyahu - was giving an interview and was pressed about the reported treatment of Palestinian terrorist suspects. Paraphrasing as best I can.... "It's easy for people in countries who don't have to deal with sort of thing to sit back and make moral judgements while not facing an unrelenting threat to everyone in your entire country, from the prime minister to a child walking to school and everyone in between. When you have to make decisions about that every day I would welcome revisiting this topic." The movie "Swordfish" was ridiculous in many ways but there was a little speech John Travolta gave. Again paraphrasing as best I can recall.. "You have NO idea about the threats we face every day. While you sleep at night there are people bent on killing you. You would not believe the lengths I would go to to protect this country." Just something to chew on while sitting there warm and safe in your house.
Is there room in the LS for couples with pubic hair?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Is there room in the LS for couples with pubic hair?       12-16-2014 08:26 AM
Some people also reflexively misinterpret a preference for a demand. I prefer clean shaven but I would never dream of telling anyone what they should do with their pubes. That said, if she looks like she's got Don King in a leg lock....
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-16-2014 08:21 AM
When I click on "See All" to read all of their messages it says "User is Blocked", even though they aren't, and I can see their profile. I'd have been fired a thousand times over if I rolled out changes without thorough testing in the way that SLS does.
2016 Aint So Far Away
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > 2016 Aint So Far Away       12-16-2014 06:41 AM
"The immigration act of 1891 prohibited "idiots, insane persons, and paupers."" Too bad the act can't be used to discourage such people from overwhelming SLS fora.
Is there room in the LS for couples with pubic hair?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Is there room in the LS for couples with pubic hair?       12-16-2014 06:37 AM
Firstly, welcome to the fora! Neatly trimmed is not any kind of special status. Anyone who would freak out over neatly trimmed isn't worth your while. You are not alone in worrying about this. I recently was chatting up a PYT who suddenly blurted out that she wanted to fuck me but was worried I would be upset when I found out she wasn't bare. We are talking about 1/2 inch long and she was so worried about it. Holy cow. Are there really people who would go nuts over that?
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       12-16-2014 06:26 AM
Oh man.....
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       12-15-2014 23:33 PM
We are getting IM messages in spite of it being turned off. Such crap.....
while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy       12-15-2014 23:14 PM
Damn that's the first time I've ever been called middle-aged. How shall I deal with this instantly brought on mid-life crisis? A 22-year old? Ok that doesn't work. A convertible? Maybe.....
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-15-2014 17:44 PM
Swinger parties with a pirate theme are "arrrrr" rated.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       12-15-2014 17:15 PM
Aural sex?
while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy       12-15-2014 15:29 PM
Is 41 too young? I can even eat some beans in advance if it helps.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       12-15-2014 15:28 PM
A spent cartridge doesn't even hold the potential as being perceived as a threat like a, say, (realistic) toy gun has. There was a story last week where a kindergartener was hauled away for pointing a crayon at another kid.
2016 Aint So Far Away
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > 2016 Aint So Far Away       12-15-2014 15:25 PM
Of course not. But your statement applies to Republican business owners too, not just Democratic ones. Could we hire an illegal Mexican to do our jobs? Sure. It would be cheap. And utterly stupid. Cheaper is better only sometimes. All things being equal, cheaper is better. Whether or not it's worth it depends on the situation.
Being realistic when contacting a couple.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Being realistic when contacting a couple.       12-15-2014 15:21 PM
If you act confidently you'd be surprised as to whose interest you can pique. That said - if you pursue people whom you consider to be "out of your league" (or are likely to consider themselves to be) then you're probably going to have a relatively high rate of no-thank-yous, and possibly even the occasional rude "are you kidding grandpa?" reply. If you are ok with that, then go for it. However, continue to respect the wishes on profiles - if they say nobody over 40 and you write anyway, then you will probably be ignored or told off.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-15-2014 14:59 PM
Or maybe it's just something fun people do.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-15-2014 14:43 PM
Lol And no I did not do the "balls to the wall" thing. I was busy working the lovely lass... not sure if me slathering my scrotum in chocolate and pressing it against a wall would have helped or hurt my chances.....
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-15-2014 14:32 PM
They also had a "balls to the wall" wall with a similar thing going on. What does "taking one for the team" have to do with this?
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       12-15-2014 13:28 PM
No, a bunch of people stood under her and pushed her against the ceiling (over the bar).
2016 Aint So Far Away
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > 2016 Aint So Far Away       12-15-2014 12:31 PM
I think you're being more specific than I am tbr.