Swinger Forums

HELP
FORUMS
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 19817
Last 100 Displayed

But why not?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > But why not?       10-22-2014 22:57 PM
I want to make it clear that we all understand why you ask. We almost never initiate contact on SLS anymore, but once in a while we will spot a profile - they seem like we'd be perfect for them! And often they say no thanks. Ok. So be it. Dammit. Asking "why not?" is like questioning their judgment. That isn't your intention but it sure feels like it. It puts people in an uncomfortable position and all you've done is confirm in their minds that they've made right decision. There are a *few* exceptions. One that I can think of involved a couple that wrote to us once, and we responded favorably. They kind of dropped away for a while and then wrote again when they came back. This time, we said no thanks. They replied asking why not - that they thought we were interested from before. In this case, we sent mixed messages and confused them, and I cannot fault them at all for asking after we did so.
Ferguson
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ferguson       10-22-2014 20:01 PM
We already know it's not. If 5 people tell 5 different stories, at least 4 are wrong.
Any other Mountain Bikers Out there?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Any other Mountain Bikers Out there?       10-22-2014 20:00 PM
Not in Ohio, and not off the road, but we do bicycle touring. We do 60-90 miles a day... When we aren't being lazy.
What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       10-22-2014 19:58 PM
I'll combine WOD with HTOTDFFP While I pouted a lot about my gym being packed up for months and having to go to Planet Fitness, I'm liking that they are all over the place when we travel for work. We are in Arlington but there is one just 3 miles away so we will not miss a day. Today was arm day.
But why not?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > But why not?       10-22-2014 18:36 PM
I understand why you want to know. But you gotta understand that most people are highly irritated by you asking. If you're OK with that, then keep asking.
Tell me why we should depend on the Iraqi military to help defeat ISIS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Tell me why we should depend on the Iraqi military to help defeat ISIS?       10-22-2014 18:31 PM
So this Algerian parents thing is nonsense. He was born Michael Joseph Hall and changed his name recently upon conversion to Islam. The Canadian government had already revoked his passport after flagging him a "high risk traveler".
Tell me why we should depend on the Iraqi military to help defeat ISIS?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Tell me why we should depend on the Iraqi military to help defeat ISIS?       10-22-2014 17:53 PM
ISIS is claiming that Canadian-born (to Algerian parents) Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, who shot and killed a soldier in front of parliament in Ottawa today and then died after engaging police in a gun battle inside, is one of them, and posted pictures purported to be him on their social media outlets. Well that took an unexpected turn...
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-22-2014 14:17 PM
Well it looks like this is just one gunman, and he's dead. No word yet on who he is or what his damage was.
But why not?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > But why not?       10-22-2014 14:16 PM
Never ask "why not". Never.
Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Guns       10-22-2014 13:35 PM
I'm not engaging this character until I know who they really are.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-22-2014 13:24 PM
I just found out that a jihadist attacked two soldiers in Quebec on Monday and killed one. I'm surprised the media here didn't mention it. I wonder if this is related. I also found it interesting that one gunman was killed by the sergeant at arms. The role in parliament is similar to the role in congress and is mostly ceremonial. I didn't know they were actually armed.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-22-2014 13:15 PM
My son and his girlfriend are in the Rideau center right now. She says they are fine but are unable to leave until the other gunmen are found.
Ferguson
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ferguson       10-22-2014 10:57 AM
Missouri state senator Jamilah Nasheed was taken into custody at a protest in Ferguson. During a search incidental to the arrest, the anti-gun crusading senator had in her possession one fully loaded nine millimeter semi automatic pistol and eight rounds of 9mm ammunition,” said Ferguson Police Department Officer Tim Zoll. Nasheed explained, “People every single day threaten me about this Michael Brown killing and so it’s not unusual for me to have my gun on me. I have it with me every single day. It’s like putting on my shoes.” Police say Nasheed did not have a conceal carry permit for the weapon when she was taken into custody.
Advice to SM from the Ladies
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Achieving Single Male Success > Advice to SM from the Ladies       10-22-2014 10:00 AM
Even though you spell it out later in your profile that you are in an open relationship (which while possibly true in your case is also a common lie) most people won't read further than "I cannot host", will conclude you are cheating, and hit the back button.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       10-22-2014 08:32 AM
That sounds like something Yogi Berra would say.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-21-2014 21:29 PM
Take this one with a big grain of salt... I have been unable to verify any of it.... Seven Die at All-Seniors Orgy What should have been a good evening for everyone turned tragic Saturday, October 11 in Charleroi, Belgium. José Deflandre was organizing the biggest orgy of seniors in the country, at an undisclosed location in the city. The evening ended badly after five cardiac arrests and 2 pulmonary edemas. The party, called “50 shades of Karolos” brought together more than 200 senior citizens and thus obtained the title of biggest orgy of the year in Belgium and largest in Europe with seniors. Indeed, access to the evening was reserved only for those over 65. The party was in full swing until begins the “final” of the evening, a gang bang with more than 35 people on Jocelyna. After an hour of abuse on her, two people began almost simultaneously to feel a sharp pain in the chest. The two doctors on site were overwhelmed when another participant turned to them, having difficulty breathing. They then called several ambulances. The evening passing 4th floor of a building in the center, ambulance failed to take timely first patients in the hospital. In the panic of this drama, eight others have also developed heart problems and they have been taken to the hospital in time. Unfortunately, four of them also died, bringing the total balance of the evening to seven deaths.
Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       10-21-2014 20:27 PM
Good question. Maybe you should take it to Ferguson and suggest to the protestors that they adopt that message, as opposed to a generic "fuck the police!" mantra.
4 way is impossible
FORUMS > General Discussions > Straight Couples > 4 way is impossible       10-21-2014 20:16 PM
We take a "sex first friends maybe later" approach. Early on we fostered friendships that went nowhere sexually - and NOW what?
Galleries
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Galleries       10-21-2014 12:56 PM
The site's just generally jacked up lately.
Politicians Behaving Badly
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Politicians Behaving Badly       10-21-2014 01:44 AM
An outgoing Tennessee state senator is not going away quietly. Jim Summerville, a 66-year-old Republican from Dickson, was arrested twice over the weekend over incidents involving his neighbor, police said. On Friday, police said, Summerville was arrested and charged with stalking neighbor Cecilia Donaven. He was later released on bail. Summerville, whose term in the Tennessee Senate is up later this year, was arrested again Saturday on assault charges after allegedly leaving jail and threatening Donaven. This time he was released on $10,000 bond on the condition he would stay away from Donaven. Donaven told WSMV-TV that Summerville has repeatedly harassed her, thrown toilet paper at her home and shined flashlights in her windows and at people coming in and out of her house. "Every minute I'm in this house, he's watching me," Donaven said. "Every minute, he wants to see what I'm doing." She called police after Summerville allegedly held a sign facing her house that read, "Just keep it up, you've been warned." "Every minute, I don't know what I'm coming home to," Donaven added. "I would just like him to live his life on his property and leave me alone. I am very frightened of him." In a statement, Summerville denied the allegations and said he plans to sue the police department. "The City of Dickson Police Department is engaging a systematic campaign of harassment," his statement read. "(Stalking! At my age?) Once these charges are resolved in court, I shall be suing the City of Dickson. Settlement negotiations will start at one million dollars." In August, Summerville lost his bid for re-election in the Republican primary. Last month, he was arrested after several Dickson residents complained the one-term senator was sitting and drinking in their yards. "Over the past few weeks, we've been receiving several complaints from his neighbors about the harassing and stalking," Lt. Todd Christian told the Tennessean. Officers were called to the scene "after witnesses said an intoxicated male was walking down the street with a lawn-chair," Christian told the newspaper. Summerville was booked at the Dickson County jail and released on $2,000 bond. He was also cited for carrying an open container. Sally McCoy, another neighbor, said the tensions with Summerville began when residents complained that his dogs were wandering the neighborhood. "Everybody else follows the codes, and he just seems to do what he wants to do," McCoy told WSMV-TV.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       10-20-2014 22:48 PM
Did a rare evening workout. Arm day. I hate the gym at night - packed with people, many of them fucking around and socializing. Occupying machines while texting... Wtf....
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-20-2014 22:47 PM
Interesting. I know this house ain't happening, but I will look into that.
Amateur Night At Strip Club
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fantasies > Amateur Night At Strip Club       10-20-2014 21:56 PM
Mrs VA has been invited - and been - on stage several times. As recently as a few weeks ago.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-20-2014 21:28 PM
Not OUR agent. Our agent put the offer in on Thursday. The seller's agent didn't pass it on to the seller until this morning.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-20-2014 17:04 PM
It takes a real rock star of a real estate agent to sit on an offer for four days before giving it to the seller for consideration. We made an offer on a house on Thursday. The seller didn't get it until today. By then they had already taken another. Asshole....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-20-2014 13:12 PM
Workers at a Colombia clinic said a woman inserted a potato into her vagina as a means of contraception and the spud grew roots inside of her. Staff at a medical clinic in the town of Honda said a 22-year-old woman came in this week complaining of severe pain in her lower abdomen and attending nurse Carolina Rojas said she was shocked to discover roots coming out of the woman's vagina. "My mom told me that if I didn't want to get pregnant, I should put a potato up there, and I believed her." the patient was quoted as saying. Rojas said the potato had been inside the woman for about two weeks and was growing roots inside her. The nurse said doctors were able to remove the spud without surgery and they do not expect the woman to experience any long-term effects from the experience.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-20-2014 13:03 PM
In the past, if you wanted to send someone a package full of a pile of feces, you had to collect the feces yourself, put them in a box, and take it to the post office. But now the internet can take care of all that messy work for you. The website shitexpress.co m offers "a simple way to send a shit in a box around the world." Right now, it looks like you can only send horse manure. But options will surely expand as the service becomes more popular.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-19-2014 08:06 AM
To follow up an incredible Happy Thought is this incredible Fucking Bitchfest: The ATF paid a visit to Caliente last night and this put quite a damper on the sexy fun. I'm sure you can guess why. Nobody invited the Feds to the party...
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       10-19-2014 08:01 AM
A few months back we went to Desire in Cancun. We were in the hot tub at around 130 AM and I met a redhead... super fair-skinned and piercing green eyes. The chemistry was so outstanding I can barely describe it. After at least 1 hour of driving each other crazy our significant others suggested we take this show to one of the beds (shown here during daylight). The anticipation was overwhelming. We spent the next hour just lost in each other. Afterward, we said our goodbyes as one does when they fully expect to never see each other again. Last night, at Caliente near Tampa....there she is, dressed as Poison Ivy for a Halloween costume. I couldn't believe it and neither could she. I never thought I would see those eyes, touch that skin, or kiss those lips again. Life sometimes hands you incredible surprises. This one was near the top of my list and what a Happy Thought it is.
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       10-19-2014 07:49 AM
Happy anniversary guys!
The Pussy Game
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > The Pussy Game       10-18-2014 12:02 PM
The Pussies Are Coming! The Pussies Are Coming! (Russians)
No Vaginal Orgasm for You
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > No Vaginal Orgasm for You       10-18-2014 09:37 AM
There is a perfectly good reason for that, but something tells me you're not interested.
President Obama And His Economic Legacy
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > President Obama And His Economic Legacy       10-18-2014 09:10 AM
That was wonky even for him....
Any other couples experience this?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Any other couples experience this?       10-17-2014 16:04 PM
We have found that not returning the advances, while still being friendly, almost always (eventually) drives the point home. If you must, especially if they outright ask you, you can say "sorry but we don't think that's going to happen." It need not be unfriendly.
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-17-2014 15:13 PM
Trying to convince Robert of anything with data is useless. You might as well try to teach astronomy to your cat. At least it'll snuggle with you while you try.
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-17-2014 14:00 PM
Strictly speaking, viruses are not considered to be "alive", although there is some debate about that. A virus lacks almost all characteristics which we commonly accepted as making something "alive". When we say "dead" virus we really mean "denatured" as in the virus has had sufficient damage to its structure to render it incapable of doing what viruses do. I know this is splitting hairs. Just saying..... Stephen Hawking once remarked that if viruses are to be considered living then computer viruses should be too. I would amend that slightly and say that a virus-infected robot would meet that definition.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       10-17-2014 12:00 PM
A commentary from electoral-vote. com. I've brought them up before. While the author is undoubtedly pro-Democrat they are fair and I find his analysis to be good. The last bit re:"are voters so stupid?" is bang-on. "As many people are aware, it is hot in Florida. One person who is keenly aware of the heat is former Republican governor Charlie Crist, who is now running for his old job but this time as a Democrat. To cool off at Wednesday's debate with Gov. Rick Scott (R-FL), Crist placed a small fan at his feet. When Scott saw this, for 7 minutes he refused to come on stage to debate Crist. While alone on stage, Crist said: "Are we really going to debate a fan or are we going to talk about education, the environment, and the future of our state." The incident exploded on social media and mostly to the benefit of Crist. Floridians don't see the problem in trying to keep cool when it is hot. This incident might end up being comparable to George H.W. Bush glancing quickly at his watch during a 1992 debate, which some people think cost him reelection. Are the voters so stupid that looking at your watch disqualifies you from being President, even after you have just won a war? Apparently. If Scott loses, it will undoubtedly be blamed on fangate."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > President Obama And His Economic Legacy       10-17-2014 09:23 AM
I think he means RHINO (Really High from Inhaltion of Noxious Odorants).
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       10-17-2014 04:02 AM
I still haven't gone to bed. I think I'm resigned to the fact that I'll work for the DOJ - at least sometimes - forever.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > No Vaginal Orgasm for You       10-17-2014 01:58 AM
If you knew anything about science you'd know that n=30 is the magic number for sample size required to establish meaningful confidence levels, statistically speaking. tbr could explain it much better than I could.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       10-16-2014 22:32 PM
I'm quite certain that that chicken didn't agree to any of what went down in your kitchen this evening.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-16-2014 19:57 PM
I'm pretty sure "December" is a word.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       10-16-2014 19:51 PM
JW: Is going for Halloween as "Ebola Victim" in poor taste?
Need a new profile name
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Need a new profile name       10-16-2014 13:56 PM
As it turns out, 2 profile names starting with "asshole" already exist. There are 5 starting with "stupid". 1 "shithead". 1 "farts".
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > No Vaginal Orgasm for You       10-16-2014 13:48 PM
Well they reported it as a true scientific study, not just an opinion. I have not read the details as to how meaningful it is....
One percent hold half the world's wealth.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One percent hold half the world's wealth.       10-16-2014 12:09 PM
This wasn't a big one. It'll be around $180k for a 3 bed townhouse. We will live in it for perhaps 4-6 months until we have our ducks in a row to get what we really want, and then rent the sucka out.
Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Happy Thought of the Day for Fit People       10-16-2014 11:20 AM
So I am going through Mr. VA's gym withdrawal since my weights are being packed away. In the meantime I'm going to a Planet Fitness. It's OK. The good part about a gym as opposed to my own is that I tend to go faster - get in, get out. Getting used to doing weights on machines again is taking a few days....
Need a new profile name
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Need a new profile name       10-16-2014 11:17 AM
DOJ = Dept. of Justice, Carrie :). Not "DOG".
Israel or North Korea
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Israel or North Korea       10-16-2014 10:13 AM
Robert's repeated naming of the DPRK as "NK" is quite amusing.
Need a new profile name
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Need a new profile name       10-16-2014 09:49 AM
True... Nothing geographic needs to be involved. Btw- only I am a Green Card. The Mrs was born in Texas. Maybe sic_the_DOJ_on_you but that might be hostile....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-16-2014 08:38 AM
CARACAS, Venezuela -- Venezuela's chronic shortages have begun to encroach on a cultural cornerstone: the boob job. Beauty-obsessed Venezuelans face a scarcity of brand-name breast implants, and women are so desperate that they and their doctors are turning to devices that are the wrong size or made in China, with less rigorous quality standards. Venezuelans once had easy access to implants approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. But doctors say they are now all-but impossible to find because restrictive currency controls have deprived local businesses of the cash to import foreign goods. It may not be the gravest shortfall facing the socialist South American country, but surgeons say the issue cuts to the psyche of the image-conscious Venezuelan woman. "The women are complaining," said Ramon Zapata, president of the Society of Plastic Surgeons. "Venezuelan women are very concerned with their self-esteem." Venezuela is thought to have one of the world's highest plastic surgery rates, and the breast implant is the seminal procedure. Doctors performed 85,000 implants here last year, according to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Only the U.S., Brazil, Mexico and Germany -- all with significantly larger populations -- saw more procedures. There are no official statistics on how many Venezuelans are walking around with enhanced busts. But a stroll down any Caracas street reveals that the augmentations are at least more conspicuous here than in other surgery-loving places. Even the mannequins look they've gone under the knife. Until recently, women could enter raffles for implants held by pharmacies, workplaces and even politicians on the campaign trail. During this spring's anti-government street demonstrations, the occasional sign protesting the rising price of breast implants mixed in with posters railing against food shortages and currency devaluation. "It's a culture of 'I want to be more beautiful than you.' That's why even people who live in the slums get implants," surgeon Daniel Slobodianik said, fiddling with an FDA-approved pouch of saline solution no longer on sale here. Slobodianik used to perform several breast implants each week, but now performs closer to two a month. He says women call his office every day asking if he the implant size they're looking for. When they can't find it, they choose a second-best option, almost always a size up. No one is giving the frustrated women much sympathy, especially not the government. The consumerism of plastic surgery has always jibed awkwardly with the rhetoric of socialist revolution. The late President Hugo Chavez called the country's plastic surgery fixation "monstrous," and railed against the practice of giving implants to girls on their 15th birthdays. On social media, some Venezuelans take a judgmental tone, saying the panic over implants shows the real shortage here is values. Others joke that the scarcity will force Venezuelan women to start developing their personalities, using a Twitter hashtag that riffs on the Colombian telenovela "Sin Tetas, No Hay Paraiso" ("Without Boobs, There's No Paradise").
The Pussy Game
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > The Pussy Game       10-16-2014 08:28 AM
Three Men and a Pussy (Baby)
Need a new profile name
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Need a new profile name       10-16-2014 08:13 AM
So we should be living in Florida full-time within a few weeks. We are contemplating a profile name change, since "vabeach" anything will no longer be meaningful. Suggestions? We had considered "F-State_Canucks" or something. Ha. Oh and NK - I'll thank you in advance for suggesting something along the lines of "VA_Assholes" but I think we will pass.
Israel or North Korea
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Israel or North Korea       10-16-2014 08:00 AM
Yeah that's what he means. If one disregards the circumstances and considers only "most deaths incurred via their respective state's apparati" then FDR crushes anyone in power anywhere today, and heck - even Obama probably beats both of them.
Israel or North Korea
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Israel or North Korea       10-16-2014 06:23 AM
I don't think you know what the word "dictatorship" means.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One percent hold half the world's wealth.       10-15-2014 18:33 PM
Yes, she did.
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-15-2014 18:20 PM
It can be a fever, but is also so mild of one that nobody would have any concern. Now, if that's way above normal for HER, and she was monitoring....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > No Vaginal Orgasm for You       10-15-2014 18:06 PM
The authors were women.
Post one random fact about yourselves
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Post one random fact about yourselves       10-15-2014 18:03 PM
RF: I like to put my penis in vaginas.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One percent hold half the world's wealth.       10-15-2014 18:02 PM
We looked at Celebration previously. It's nice but a bit Stepford-ish. Most houses we have loved have been in Windermere or Gotha.
Hacked Galleries .
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Hacked Galleries .       10-15-2014 18:01 PM
If your pics were going to be stolen from this breach, they likely already have been. I am also certain that any pic you've ever uploaded lurks somewhere in the bowels of sls's computers, whether you deleted them or not.
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-15-2014 17:58 PM
99.5 are you kidding me? You can go to 100 degrees just by running for your flight. No doctor would do anything about a 99.5 degrees. My body temperature tends to run higher - I am normally from 99.1 to 99.6. "The normal human body temperature is often stated as 36.5–37.5 °C (97.7–99.5 °F). In adults a review of the literature has found a wider range of 33.2–38.2 °C (91.8–100.8 °F) for normal temperatures, depending on the gender and location measured."
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-15-2014 17:54 PM
Perf, that's like saying we all have to freak out over machine guns because your chances of being attacked by someone with one may be remote, but your chances of dying are near-certain.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One percent hold half the world's wealth.       10-15-2014 17:47 PM
My banging (other than my wife) will be this weekend coming up, thank you. I am quite certain she will be a human. Meanwhile, we are going to be putting in an offer on an investment property tomorrow. This should make Robert happy. We will live in it until we buy an outrageous dream house just to piss him off - some time late next year. In any case... Nobody has really answered the question of "and?", other than Robert and his inane meanderings.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One percent hold half the world's wealth.       10-15-2014 08:08 AM
re: "and?" NK's style is usually to simply post a story without comment, let people opine, and then make his own a little later. There's nothing wrong with this approach - a lot of people do it, including you and I, Sed. That said, this topic is one that the smarter among us usually throw out, knowing exactly what it means but letting the ignorant masses get all angry and ready to vote (D).
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > One percent hold half the world's wealth.       10-15-2014 08:04 AM
In other news, 99% of people have no concept of what this actually means. That guy driving his Ferrari into his gated community? He could easily be a high earner but upside down on his mortgage, and his entire income dedicated to supporting his lavish lifestyle. He pays 40% of his income in taxes and spends all the rest. He has no net worth to speak of and is no richer than a homeless person. Meanwhile, a 9 to 5-er has lived frugally and socked away money in her 401k. She's put aside money for her kids' education and is worth $200,000. The fact that most people are unable to grasp how this came to be or what it means is tragic. The deliberate convolution of the terms "income" and "wealth" by politicians to suit their needs, coupled with the deliberately acquired ignorance of the electorate, has led to this situation.
Fucking Bitchfest 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fucking Bitchfest 2014       10-14-2014 22:26 PM
Look it up on red dit.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       10-14-2014 22:15 PM
Both conservative and liberal groups are already running ads blaming Obama or Repubulicans for the Ebola situation. Ugh.
Where is Kim?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Where is Kim?       10-14-2014 22:14 PM
He has turned up, with a cane. Fat boy is alive.
Civil Forfeture
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Civil Forfeture       10-14-2014 22:03 PM
Tmf: it took me forever to realize it, but eventually I did. Z is a character, not a person, per se. The Z on the fora is as real of a person as Lady Gaga. Yes, a real person, but the celebrity Lady Gaga is a character - a face and persona she puts on to go on stage. I'm sure the real one is a very different person. When I came to understand this it was a very freeing moment. I have reduced my engagement to simple ridicule. To argue with him is like arguing with the television.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > President Obama And His Economic Legacy       10-14-2014 21:57 PM
The merits of Krugman's arguments can be debated, but to call them "balanced" is so laughable that one must assume that whoever finds them to be so must be huffing rhino farts straight out of the source.
Discretion and swinging
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Discretion and swinging       10-14-2014 21:51 PM
Yummy food and weight loss: Can you have both? It's a similar question. Yes and no.
Hacked Galleries .
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Hacked Galleries .       10-14-2014 21:51 PM
Some were saying their private pics were accessible through public galleries. This has happened before.
Columbus Day- and interesting discussion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Columbus Day- and interesting discussion       10-14-2014 08:27 AM
Fun fact: Columbus' heirs accused the Spanish crown of reneging on the royalties promised to Columbus in perpetuity, and waged a legal battle against it. The cases began shortly after his arrest in 1500 and lasted until 1790, nearly 300 years later.
Name game with a TWist
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Name game with a TWist       10-14-2014 08:19 AM
Howard Hughes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Post one random fact about yourselves       10-14-2014 07:47 AM
I know a girl like that. The first time I made her cum she rolled off the hotel bed and hit her head on the air conditioner.
Columbus Day- and interesting discussion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Columbus Day- and interesting discussion       10-14-2014 07:43 AM
Here's the funny thing about crediting someone with a "discovery".... Scientific discoveries are not normally credited to the first person to do something, but rather the first person to appreciate what it is that they have discovered and to reveal their discovery to others. So while obviously there were people here before Columbus, including Vikings centuries in advance of him, one could make the argument that he really was the "discoverer" since his reporting of his travels spawned the exploration of the Americas. Now of course the funny thing is that Columbus himself never fully did understand what he found. However, his voyages led to permanent contact between the Americas and the Old World, and the impact of this on history is profound. It really did initiate the colonization which ultimately led to the formation of all nations in the New World. As to the awful things that ALSO happened as a result.... I do not mean to sound dismissive about them, but it's history. Demonizing him is pointless and to allow the crimes that followed his achievements, however serendipitous, to negate said achievements is a mistake.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-14-2014 07:23 AM
I'm sure you're not. I found out only a couple of years ago when I went to the Biltmore.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Getting Started > Post one random fact about yourselves       10-13-2014 09:31 AM
Mine do the same! They are normally hazel (by far the most common color that this phenomenon is observed with). They turn bright blue if I am sufficiently aroused....
What's for Breakfast
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Breakfast       10-13-2014 08:23 AM
Java Chip Frappuchino!!
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-12-2014 21:08 PM
Ugh. Turns out this suspected case is real. Hopefully it stops here.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-12-2014 13:55 PM
We just had lunch in Ybor City with my Dad and his wife. We just found out that they are staying in a nudist resort. We are ecstatic it's not the same one we are going to next weekend....although they did tell us why...ours is apparently infested with swingers!
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       10-12-2014 11:46 AM
House hunting in Orlando this week!
lifestyle fitness
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > lifestyle fitness       10-12-2014 11:03 AM
Fit lady is not the same as a bodybuilder. Even Jillian Michaels is too lean for my tastes. The amount of work women need to do to become truly bodybuilder-like is so incredible that almost nobody with a job or a life can do it.
Ebola
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ebola       10-12-2014 08:38 AM
Bad reporting .... Screened positive in a preliminary exam... Not a diagnosis. Worthy of concern but not a second case yet.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       10-11-2014 21:43 PM
"One fact is straight up true and solid that I don't think anyone can argue with is this: If you are out of shape/overweight and keep doing the same thing you will stay that way." I don't think anyone will give you any argument about that one.
Ebola travel ban petition
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ebola travel ban petition       10-11-2014 20:57 PM
I'm talking about reverse-osmosis membrane filters. Desalinization plants use them because it's cheaper than distillation. Some are so fine they can stop small molecules like ethanol.
How the USA feels
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > How the USA feels       10-11-2014 13:34 PM
Do me a favor, tmf. I think I saw Z at Caliente on Labor Day weekend. Ask him if I'm right. If so, tell him "nice hat". I considerd saying something to him but decided not to.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ebola travel ban petition       10-11-2014 13:09 PM
as a helpful hint for your science-fi writing, we have filters that can stop individual sodium ions robert. The idea that any nano not could be small enough to get through is absurd. This is not a question of technology.
lifestyle fitness
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > lifestyle fitness       10-11-2014 13:03 PM
Fuck no. I find women bodybuilders very unattractive.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Women Talk > No Vaginal Orgasm for You       10-11-2014 12:31 PM
I was totally channeling the Soup Nazi with the thread title.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       10-11-2014 11:34 AM
I'm respectfully disagreeing with almost all of your statement, toomuch. I'm happy to discuss further if you like although I cannot now.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ebola travel ban petition       10-11-2014 11:28 AM
Watch the movie "Contagion". A great movie. That should scare the hell out of anyone.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ebola travel ban petition       10-11-2014 10:22 AM
You are spot-on.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       10-11-2014 09:20 AM
The coworkers we were supposed to meet for breakfast this morning bailed because their 2-year old wanted McDonald's. Since they do whatever their 2-year old wants, that's where they went.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       10-11-2014 08:49 AM
A true ketogenic diet is 65% fat 30% protein 5% carb (by calories). Your body can only eat about 800 calories worth of protein a day - at most. The rest needs to come from fat. If you attempt to do low carb AND low fat, you will starve. Seriously. This is known as rabbit starvation and is very dangerous. American Indians knew about this. If you are hungry and eat only rabbit (which is very low fat, but relatively abundant in the winter when food is scarce) you will develop terrible problems like diarrhea. You actually starve to death faster eating rabbit than eating nothing. I love eating low carb. I don't find it to be depriving too much. How much better I feel on it is absolutely worth it. Btw if you're going to ever do it, read Atkins' book. Do not attempt to do it based on "stuff you heard", which is mostly incorrect.
Pick a superpower: Flight or Invisibility?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Pick a superpower: Flight or Invisibility?       10-11-2014 08:42 AM
Would the TSA still need to sexually harass us before every flight?
HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > HAPPY THOUGHTS 2014       10-11-2014 08:40 AM
HT: meeting my dad tomorrow for lunch. In Ybor City, of all places.
How the USA feels
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > How the USA feels       10-11-2014 08:39 AM
Well his information, irrespective of its voracity, is not relevant to the topic at hand. Obama has made 530 promises?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       10-10-2014 22:45 PM
Yep he's right. Spot reduction is not possible. Your body chooses where to mobilize fat from. Sometimes if you lose weight fast you will lose it primarily from one place (like butt, thighs, belly or boobs). However, if you hold your weight steady your body will shuffle stuff around and even it out again.