HELP
FORUMS
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 22051
Last 100 Displayed

So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       05-05-2015 21:44 PM
We also lost coconut rum, Hendrick's gin, peach schnapps, 1776 bourbon (which sucked anyway) and my very favorite - E.H. Taylor bourbon.

*sniff*
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       05-05-2015 20:06 PM
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, some silver 1800 on ice.

(The Patron was lost in the alcoholanche).
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       05-05-2015 14:22 PM
Better to just jest than joust with a jerk in a jiffy.

Did you get the jist of that?
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       05-05-2015 13:42 PM
We have a lot of long standing problems. Racism? Yes. Police misconduct and brutality? Sure.

The thing is that we also have a problem with people being completely unwilling to examine evidence or objectively look at a situation before acting like an animal. I have not heard any reasonable argument made by anyone as to why Darrin Wilson should be charged with anything but that doesn't mean millions of people don't disagree, mostly for reasons they are unable to articulate.

Politics lately here is dead, and thats good. There is little good to talk about and nobody to talk with. At least I'll get some more work done.
Sexiest thing you've seen lately?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sexiest thing you've seen lately?       05-05-2015 13:03 PM
The former....

My French is terrible but I stammered through some for her, much to her amusement. Her English was excellent though.
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       05-05-2015 12:33 PM
Because what was there to talk about that hadn't been talked about a million times?

Talk about rioting idiots? Done that.

Talk about guilt or innocence of the officers? We have almost no information so how can we do that? Of course that doesn't stop many people from doing so but it's not interesting to me.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sexiest thing you've seen lately?       05-05-2015 12:15 PM
No, from France. Not that it's especially important.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sexiest thing you've seen lately?       05-05-2015 11:39 AM
No it was here in Orlando. We love out of towners at the club.
DP yes or no?
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > DP yes or no?       05-05-2015 11:38 AM
Calling cadence???

I don't know what I've been told
(I don't know what I've been told)
Someone's cooch is gettin' poled.
(Someone's cooch is gettin' poled.)

I don't know why it's so loud
(I don't know why it's so loud)
Someone's ass is gettin' plowed
(someone's ass is gettin' plowed)
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       05-05-2015 11:24 AM
Canada could soon force all airlines serving their country to have a French speaking crew member aboard - after a passenger complained he was served the 'wrong lemonade'.

French language 'extremist' Michael Thibodeau sued Air Canada after he was given a Sprite instead of 7Up by an English speaking stewardess.

He branded the airline's employees as 'malicious, oppressive and reprehensible' for not answering his questions in French during the 2009 flight, despite the fact he's a fluent English speaker.

The legal action has now inspired Canadian MP Stephane Dion to lodge a bill in parliament demanding that all flights to and from bilingual Canada have a French speaker on board.

He said: "Being able to order 7Up in French on a plane is a fundamental right in Canada and all Canadians should be able to sue the airlines if this is not the case."

He is calling for the Official Languages Act - which ensures French and English are given equal status - to extend the rules to all international flights serving Canada.

Mr Thibodeau was initially awarded £8,000 in damages in 2010, but Air Canada appealed and the ruling was overturned.

He then took his case to the Canadian Supreme Court, where judges ruled that the Official Languages Act does not allow citizens to sue for cash damages for being spoken to in the wrong language.

Instead, the airline was only ordered to apologise to the couple and ensure the Languages Act was respected in future.

Mr Thibodeau had also filed a similar language complaint against Ottawa's bus company in 2002 after a driver greeted him with 'hello' instead of 'bonjour'.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       05-05-2015 11:16 AM
Dear God what is wrong with people....although the bonus is that women typically broke off their relationships because he was cheating, not because of THIS...

A woman said she met Philip Hansen on an internet dating site and they had sex at her home. The first time they had sex he started pushing on one of her front teeth that was slightly darker than the rest.

During a sexual encounter in his car, Hansen suddenly had a pair of pliers and put it on her tooth, moving it backward and forwards before she heard the tooth crack.

Hansen, 56, (of Wellington, NZ) has pleaded not guilty to 11 charges of wounding with intent to injure four women by extracting their teeth with pliers or attempting to with a screwdriver wiggling their teeth or cutting their toes and unlawful sexual connection.

The charges cover different dates between 1988 and 2011 in various places in the Hutt Valley.

On a visit to a friend's house he tried to use pliers again, wiggling a tooth.

Hansen got angry after a phone call from the woman's family member and told her he had some rules, like he got sex when he wanted it and she was to have no contact with her family. She told him she could not live with that.

He woke her that night in a headlock with a hand in her mouth, pushing and pulling at her teeth.

A third woman gave evidence earlier said she was not allowed to wear her false teeth in the house with him. Sometimes he would take them out for her.

She said she had also met Hansen on an internet dating sight and he had been happy she already had false teeth, telling her she looked better without them and was beautiful.

He had asked her if she had false teeth and when she admitted she did, he told her he liked "gummy women."

Weeks after they had met, she asked him to cut her toenails when she had a bad back.

He cut the nails so short that they bled and were sore for weeks.

Hansen threw her out after he found out she had used his computer and seen that he was talking to other women.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sexiest thing you've seen lately?       05-05-2015 11:05 AM
A French woman on top of me with super long brown hair grinding herself to orgasm. Watching her face was such a turn on.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       05-05-2015 10:51 AM
Good luck sweetcoco! Where are you headed?
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       05-05-2015 10:45 AM
You must watch different TV than I did.

Oddly when the Cosby Show and Fresh Prince of Bel Air were popular, blacks complained that it portrayed well-to-do black families in an unrealistic way.
DP yes or no?
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > DP yes or no?       05-05-2015 09:29 AM
Tried it for the 2nd time on Saturday. As before, I had the "front" end. As before, it only lasted a minute or so because other dude couldn't keep up his end of the bargain, so to speak.

I've never been invited into the "other" side of DP and my current friend says she has no intention of doing so. She'll stick with Mr. Slender for that position.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-05-2015 09:25 AM
So for a couple of months now SLS has been crowing about how the November cruise is 80% sold out.

This number has not changed. This can mean one of three things;

- sales have stopped

- they haven't updated the number

- they made it up in the first place

JW which one?
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       05-05-2015 09:23 AM
"Unfortunately, everything in the good ol' USA is about money and race."

It must suck to live life with that kind of a chip on your shoulder. Certain present and former fora participants (of the darker skinned persuasion) spend/spent much of their time saying much the same, and I wondered how much of what they experience is racism vs reaction to their shitty attitude vs someone who is just a jerk.

Certainly sometimes you can tell. This may come as a shock to you but sometimes white people get treated horribly too. If a black person is nasty to me, are they racist? Maybe. Maybe they are nasty to everyone? Maybe their plus one kicked them the balls that morning and they ain't lovin' life right now. Who the hell knows.

But coming up with the reflexive knee-jerk response that racism is at the core of almost all negative interactions between people of different races is short-sighted and for the mentally lazy.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       05-05-2015 09:16 AM
Happy birthday SA! May boobies continue to rain plentifully on your head!
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       05-05-2015 09:12 AM
The last day we can keep all of the doors open. High of 82. I've loved sleeping with the house open the last few nights.

Alas, we are headed into the 90s again, and we won't look back until possibly October....
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       05-05-2015 09:06 AM
I've had outstanding and very cheap (comparatively) lobster in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

They even sell "McLobster" at McDonald's in eastern Canada.... It's actually not bad at all...
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       05-05-2015 09:00 AM
Use of the property manager severely hampers the profitability of the house as a rental but when I consider the cost vs the hassle it is not worth it. Basically the rent brings in 110% of the fixed costs so when variable costs are added it will mostly be a wash.

But - the renters are essentially buying a house for us. Over time it makes a sizable chunk of change this way - tax free, since we are paying taxes only on the near-zero income (plus probably some capital gains when we sell).
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-05-2015 08:56 AM
Because, you know, nobody uses fake or misleading pics in order to get people to meet them. Or lies about their relationship status, age, cock size, etc...
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       05-05-2015 08:49 AM
Watch "Pacific Heights" :)

We officially became landlords on Friday. We are using a property management company because I do not want to be shaking people down for the rent and listening to their reasons why etc.

Good luck Mrs Scandle. Just remember you're renting to "them", not just him or her. His lies are almost certainly her lies too.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-05-2015 05:30 AM
Sorry - it's in France if that makes a difference.
No Shows
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Achieving Single Male Success > No Shows       05-04-2015 23:44 PM
Welcome to the fora, Ytown!

I'm sorry about your lousy no-show. This is why we don't invest in people we haven't met at least once....
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       05-04-2015 23:39 PM
Nah I just love pineapple.

Pineapple pineapple pineapple !!!
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       05-04-2015 23:15 PM
Pineapple grilled pork chops and a salad.

Was delish....another pineapple to plant in my garden....

ps many don't know that pineapples are quite easy to grow, albeit fairly slow unless you are in a tropical climate. They grow pretty well as house plants and can even fruit indoors in temperate climates. If you are curious about how to do so let me know.
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 23:13 PM
Fair enough, milady.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       05-04-2015 23:08 PM
We overloaded a shelf in our pantry with liquor bottles and it collapsed.

What. A. Fucking. Mess.

We actually only lost perhaps 6 bottles, but Jesus.... It took us 2 hours to clean up and I fear we will be finding tiny shards with our feet for weeks.....
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       05-04-2015 18:45 PM
I certainly would. The chance of her being ignorant of his attempted deception is probably very low, ie she is in on the attempt to trick you.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 17:51 PM
Well I'm not sure how you can quantitatively compare two different kinds of "not nice", but your point is taken - mocking people, in general, is not nice, and practically all of us are guilty of it to some extent.

Although, I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone say that anyone isn't hot enough to be a swinger. Maybe not interesting at all to the person in question, to the point of total non-niceness, but not "shouldn't be a swinger."

As for judging - everyone does. We generally only call it "judging" when we don't like what we are hearing.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 17:21 PM
Methinks I am not as familiar with the story of the visit as I thought I was. I can never keep the minutes of these adventures straight... argh.

My only reason to bring such a thing up is that while I am a full-on atheist myself, I generally frown upon mockery of others' beliefs, no matter how ridiculous I feel they are. That said, people can mock all they like, I just won't think it's very nice.

People often have an odd double standard in this respect. Mocking Christianity is for the most part tolerated and even in vogue, in some circles, while it's culturally insensitive to mock any others.
For now, or forever?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > For now, or forever?       05-04-2015 15:03 PM
"abundant, quickly regenerated mental ejaculate from a cranial gonad is intended for broadcasting your ignorant contribution as widely as possible."

I'm going to keep that one in my back pocket for the next person spreading their electronic nonsense in the fora....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 15:01 PM
We can take that conversation to the other room...

....yeah...conversing...that's what I'm planning...
Cool Youtube Videos
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Cool Youtube Videos       05-04-2015 14:27 PM
Jimmy Fallon and Russell Crowe sing "Balls in your Mouth".

Hysterical..

youtube. com/watch?v=Ec9wfbh12ZY
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 14:23 PM
I wasn't referring to you, and if attempting to provoke a reaction from others was not part of the story that I was referring to, then I apologize for the mistake.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 13:57 PM
Further exercising such "rights".....

I'm not sure if, from a "pissing off humans" standpoint, drawing cartoons of Mohammed in order to get a charge out of enraging people who subscribe to that faith is terribly different in spirit than going to a creation museum and mocking what is found inside for the purposes of getting one's jollies out of the reactions of those inside...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 13:30 PM
<----exercising my right to be an asshole

Of course, such protections do not extend to the SLS fora, but that is beside the point.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 13:28 PM
Think of how boring the fora would be if we couldn't do that... right, ncal????
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-04-2015 12:56 PM
The right to be an asshole is well-protected and it needs to stay that way. If we could all agree on what constitutes an asshole then maybe we could change that...
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-04-2015 12:06 PM
Btw the complainants lawyers are basing their complaint solely on the deception. No claim is made of force, injury, or other crime. Simply "not the guy in the pictures."

Taken directly from the complaints

"a man of around 65 with glasses, balding and all wrinkly. He didn't correspond at all to the photo. I felt total disgust."

"he didn't want me to take off the blindfold. When I insisted, he got angry. I ended up seeing his silhouette in the dark. He was old, pot-bellied with a big nose. I told him: 'It wasn't you in the photo.' He said: 'No, but I had grown fond of you and was afraid to admit it.' I left in disgust."
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-04-2015 11:58 AM
The person is question is charged with 4 counts of rape and is facing the rest of his life in prison over it.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-04-2015 11:37 AM
So let me ask a question which is likely to provoke a strong reaction from some people....

Suppose someone posts a fake pic of a model on a dating website and invites people to have sex with them in the dark - sight unseen. Some people take the person up on the offer and discover later that the pics were fake and they had been duped into fucking an ugly person.

Where does this land for you, legally? Is this a rape or is the alleged victim putting themselves, knowingly, into an extremely high risk situation of anonymous sex with a total stranger?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       05-04-2015 11:16 AM
SAGUENAY, Quebec, May 1 (UPI) -- A Quebec lawyer says police overreacted when they issued a $122 ticket to a 91-year-old woman for making too much noise with her rocking chair.
Lawyer Charles Cantin said the Saguenay woman's downstairs neighbor complained to police April 17 about the noise from the woman's TV and rocking chair. Officers responded by issuing the ticket.

Cantin said it was "embarrassing" how officers handled the situation and he alleged they used unnecessary intimidation against the woman.

"I don't think it's a good way to settle that matter," Cantin told CBC News.

The lawyer said he is trying to find a way to have the fine overturned.
Describe the person above you in one word
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Describe the person above you in one word       05-04-2015 08:50 AM
Hey Mario! How have you been?

Is that an identical twin you have?

Please tell me his name is Luigi. My life will be complete if this is true....
Technology advice / suggestion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Technology advice / suggestion       05-04-2015 08:48 AM
I love books and I much prefer paper ones. I do not have an e-reader of any kind. However, we have hundreds of books - most of which we will never read again. When we left Virginia we threw about 1/2 of them out. Donated what the Goodwill would take and tossed the rest. Seemed like such a waste.

Hauling a metric ton of books around - or finding a place to put them all - does begin to suck after a while.
I WONDER WHY WHITE COUPLES LIKE BLACK COCK BUT WOULDNT LET THEIR KID DATE A BLACK PERSON?
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Achieving Single Male Success > I WONDER WHY WHITE COUPLES LIKE BLACK COCK BUT WOULDNT LET THEIR KID DATE A BLACK PERSON?       05-03-2015 22:35 PM
The last time I made bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers for some lifestyle friends I hella washed my hands before touching anything sensitive.
Technology advice / suggestion
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Technology advice / suggestion       05-03-2015 22:29 PM
Mrs VA loves her Nook.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       05-03-2015 19:50 PM
Ribeye with asparagus and sugar snap peas.

Asparagus was lousy but the ribeye was great.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       05-03-2015 16:46 PM
Sitting in the hot tub with Mrs VA, recouping from a very, very late night with a mix of new friends and existing ones.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       05-02-2015 20:05 PM
Once upon a time I was working on a potential tuberculosis drug. It was a 2-shot dosage, 3-weeks apart, that cleared active TB in 4-5 weeks. Very effective. Normal TB regimens involve quarantines of 6 months or more.

Downside : this shit was BLUE. The most powerful blue dye you ever saw. It turned everything it touched blue - lab coats, my fingers, no matter how careful you were the stuff got everywhere, blue-ifying the world.

Same went with every test subject. Their skin, eyeballs, everything. Blue as a Smurf. Maybe even blue-r. It cleared around 3 weeks after the last shot, and I thought that while not exactly a pleasant side effect, it was temporary and was a fair trade-off if it meant 6 weeks of treatment instead of 6 months.

Nobody else agreed with me. The drug was abandoned. I was so disappointed. TB is so fucking difficult to treat. Who the hell cares if you're blue for a few weeks? You're quarantined anyways....
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       05-02-2015 19:53 PM
I grill pineapple all the time, usually on kebabs with meat and vegetables. I'm always shocked as to how few people have ever tried it, or have had some lame version using canned pineapple rings.
Hillary Clinton email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hillary Clinton email       05-02-2015 19:35 PM
Jesus Christ this is lame.
New Site Preview
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > New Site Preview       05-02-2015 18:43 PM
We are trying to look at who is going to a party tonight and the site loads images so slowly now that it is pointless to try.

It's like 1996 internet here. I'm sorry that this is "rude" SLS but you've had many complaints about this and have seemingly done nothing to fix it. It is absolutely sad.
Hillary Clinton email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hillary Clinton email       05-02-2015 09:09 AM
You don't know what a May Day protest is, do you?
Hillary Clinton email
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Hillary Clinton email       05-01-2015 17:23 PM
Don't you have a May Day protest to attend somewhere?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       05-01-2015 17:21 PM
This Freddie Gray case will ultimately go nowhere.

Mark my words.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       05-01-2015 17:15 PM
KJ I'm referring to pro-socialist/communist sympathies.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-01-2015 17:13 PM
Oh and thank you Mrs Cincy, although this pic is about a year old now.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-01-2015 17:12 PM
If I'm ever arrested I'd like to be put in with the females.

Uh, ok wait I've seen some of those mug shots. Maybe I'll just find a way to choke on something instead.
Where to meet on a first date ?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Where to meet on a first date ?       05-01-2015 17:10 PM
Early on we invited a few directly to our house (or went to theirs). We never ever do that anymore.
In memory of a good friend!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > In memory of a good friend!       05-01-2015 17:07 PM
I will miss him being around too, as he provided a good amount of laughs, many unintentional, which made them better.

May he find peace.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       05-01-2015 13:03 PM
I'm always amazed by the number of people who say they pay attention to Fox News, Rush Limbaugh etc and then say things which prove that this could not possibly be the case.

Ghost comes to mind as a prominent example.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       05-01-2015 09:34 AM
Most people know it as something else.

I know it as the day I'll be avoiding facebook as I don't need to see the usual May Day crap from the Mrs' family....
What's for Breakfast
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Breakfast       05-01-2015 09:32 AM
Steak and eggs wrap with hollandaise sauce.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-30-2015 14:30 PM
Amazing that this woman is to be demonized for, at worst, embarassing her dipshit kid on national TV, while those doing so are ignoring the fact that said dipshit was throwing bricks at police.

Disclaimer: I am white.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-30-2015 14:25 PM
Jonah Hill is fat again. Possibly more than ever.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-30-2015 14:23 PM
"Anyone white who's applauding Graham's moment of desperation, along with the white media figures who are hyping her 'heroism,' is essentially justifying police brutality, and saying the only way to control black kids is to beat the s--- out of them," Joan Walsh wrote in Salon.

"Why is America celebrating the beating of a black child?" Stacey Patton wrote in the Washington Post. "It's not surprising that a black mother in Baltimore who chased down, cursed and beat her 16-year-old son in the middle of a riot has been called a hero. In this country, when black mothers fulfill stereotypes of mammies, angry and thwarting resistance to a system designed to kill their children, they get praised."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-29-2015 12:23 PM
Posted again:

"Violence in America today is not caused by the war, it's not caused by repression. There is no romantic ideal involved. Let's recognise these people for what they are. They're not romantic revolutionaries. They're the same thugs and hoodlums that have always plagued the good people."

Richard Nixon, 1970.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-28-2015 18:40 PM
Just wondering why she hasn't been brought up on assault or child abuse charges yet.
Why Does Mongo Like Candy?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Why Does Mongo Like Candy?       04-28-2015 18:39 PM
Are you referring to Wordsworth's friend?

From Heathcliff?

Never mind...that was Mungo.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-28-2015 17:14 PM
The topics are tired and the participants boring. It's the same people, same arguments, round and round it goes. There isn't much new to talk about.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-28-2015 13:08 PM
JW: what do people feel that they are accomplishing by destroying their own neighborhood?
What A Great Name For A Rockband!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What A Great Name For A Rockband!       04-28-2015 13:05 PM
The Baltimorons - Burn This Bitch Down
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       04-28-2015 10:33 AM
I won't be doing any dick crossing but I will attempt to tie it in a knot if it helps.

Good luck.
How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How Much Did You Pay For Gas Today       04-27-2015 15:00 PM
Many times, I've gone over the details in here about the time lag between crude oil price fluctuations and pump price fluctuations, profit margins, refining and delivery costs etc. The industry is extremely transparent because congress readily gives them public colonoscopies to satisfy the ignorant masses who have no understanding of how commodity pricing works.

Sorry about the attitude, but I find this topic tiresome.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-27-2015 14:48 PM
"I’ve made it very clear that I work with the police, and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters could exercise their right to free speech.

It’s a very delicate balancing act because while we tried to make sure they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we gave those who wished to destroy space to do that, as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to deescalate. And that’s what you saw."

- Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

Gave space to those who wish to destroy? Ooooooooo-K then....
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       04-27-2015 13:06 PM
A side effect of my narcolepsy meds is bruxism (teeth grinding). Common also to meth addicts for much the same reason.

I fractured two molars in the night requiring extensive work to restore my teeth :( I am off the meds for years now so everything's cool. I wish I had been put on a night guard years ago.

p.s. My teeth are perfectly fine now, fyi....
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-27-2015 11:42 AM
Sponsors include Ex-Lax, Charmin, Poo-Pourri and Huggies.

Sales of Mississippi Mud ice cream at the Expo were disappointing.

I'd expect to see some politicians there, hoping to stock up on material. Sort of a Sam's Club of bullshit.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-27-2015 11:36 AM
JW did anyone else get involuntarily switched back to the old site this morning?
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-27-2015 09:03 AM
(April 25, 2015) — Entries are piling up for a slogan contest being held this year by the North American Manure Expo.

The trade show, now in its 13th year, showcases the latest technology in manure handling, treatment and application. It’s being held in July in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.

An official event slogan has already been settled on: “2015 Manure Expo: Manure than you can Handle!” It will appear on the front of a T-shirt.

But contestants are vying to land a spot on the back of the T-shirt, which event organizers say will display 10 of the “crappiest” also-rans. Writers of the 10 alternate slogans get a free T-shirt.

Many entries, predictably, contain a vulgar substitute for “manure.”

Here are 10 entries from the approximately 200 that were submitted:

—Manure Expo, where nobody stands behind their product.

—You provide the creek. We provide the paddle.

—Keep your friends close, and your manure further.

—The future of what’s left behind!

—We do doo. Do you?

—Manure Happens (to be Nutritious!)

—Been there, Spread that … @ the North American Manure Expo

—Proud survivor of North American Manure Expo … It got deep.

—Heaping piles of fun!

—North American crap shoot.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       04-26-2015 13:12 PM
OK. Just letting you know that that resource is sort of a "nuclear option" for obscure journals or difficult to access publications. Once in a while we had to resort to it in my previous career.
Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       04-26-2015 12:02 PM
"just plain stupid, i guess! "

The entirety of a message from a single guy with no pics in Ohio, which is the triple crown of people who should not be writing to us.

Presumably his message is in response to a line in our profile asking if such people who write to us anyway are not reading our profile or are just stupid.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       04-26-2015 09:26 AM
tbr
How quickly do you need it?

We use to use NRC's (not to be confused with the American instituation of the same name) system out of Ottawa. The last time I ordered one their collection was second only to the Library of Congress but is much easier to access and then will send you a pdf within 24 hours for $40 or something. I can get you a link.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       04-25-2015 13:28 PM
Watching one of the best hitters in our league chase my slider for strike 3, and then have him whiff on a high fastball for another K three innings later.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       04-25-2015 13:02 PM
Oh. And happy birthday, Lady!!!
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       04-25-2015 13:02 PM
Even though we lost I pitched what I felt was my best game this year. I had almost no issues with control, my fastball was hot and my recently acquired slider was a huge success. The umpire hosed me on a couple of pitches but such is normal for this guy.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-25-2015 08:19 AM
On a church message board this morning:

Life is easier when you plow around the stump.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       04-24-2015 20:54 PM
HT: our cat long ago learned that she is allowed to sit *at* the table (on a chair, eye level just above the table) but not allowed to touch the table top.

So we eat dinner. And she sits. Joining us, sort of. I fear we do not have her for much longer. We will miss her.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       04-24-2015 17:48 PM
Mrs Cincy, if I ever have the honor with you, please leave it attached,
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       04-24-2015 14:09 PM
"For the HIV form, of course they ask the number of sex partners in the last year..."

Oh man.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-24-2015 13:26 PM
Just like sometimes humans get sick for a few days and then get better, so do other animals. Usually nothing to worry about.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       04-24-2015 12:20 PM
"Goony goo goo."

- aunt Bunny
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       04-23-2015 21:53 PM
It's 10 pm. The fireworks at Epcot are lighting up the sky, like every night.
Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies       04-23-2015 21:34 PM
Pica is a series of conditions where people eat "non-food", such as ice, soil, hair, paper, etc. Except in cases of mental illness, it usually is a compulsion brought on by a nutritional deficiency, although what people eat usually doesn't help with the deficiency itself. Mrs, VA used to have anemia issues and was an ice-eater.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-23-2015 14:52 PM
I think we are the ones who complicated it. Your child is no more likely to be abducted walking to school now than they were in 1960. In fact, it's actually less. We are churning out a generation of robertians who can't do anything on their own because we are so afraid our precious angels are going to get a boo boo.
Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quirks, Vagaries and Idiosyncrasies       04-23-2015 14:35 PM
Fun fact: chewing on ice is a symptom of iron deficiency.
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       04-23-2015 09:50 AM
Thunderstorms with hail.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       04-23-2015 09:42 AM
Quebec is truly blessed with natural resources and stunning natural beauty, but they have fucked themselves with their language laws. Businesses are forced to change their names (a famous case is when Schwartz's deli had to fight in court to keep the apostrophe) and people sometimes (depending on their jobs) have to apply to written permission to speak English, even in casual conversation. It is illegal for most people to enroll their children in an English school (even if English is their only language). The big companies have moved to Toronto and most English people have left and taken their money with them. I had a job opportunity at Merck in Montreal but turned it down since I would have had the unusual situation where most employees spoke English casually but had to write everything in French to comply with the laws. Fuck that.

They are a "have not" province now, whereas they used to be the richest in the country. They are the most bigoted and unfriendly people I know of. Their consistent mistreatment of Americans, English Canadians, people of any color, and even French Europeans is truly a wonder to behold.
Do you do any type of volunteer work?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Do you do any type of volunteer work?       04-23-2015 08:46 AM
I don't right now but in the past I volunteered as a science tutor for high school students.

I stopped when I tired of their endless background checks which the schools wanted me to pay for and began dictating the terms by which I could do it. They were quite suspicious of my motives and more or less acted like I was more interested in gaining access to high school students than helping anyone. I became quite jaded over the ordeal it became.