HELP
FORUMS
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 22388
Last 100 Displayed

A Film You Can Watch Over And Over
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Film You Can Watch Over And Over       07-02-2015 11:46 AM
Lol The stuff the Japanese scientist keeps saying....
So, whatcha drinking
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > So, whatcha drinking       07-02-2015 11:45 AM
I know!! My powers of clairvoyance are telling me that you're going to have a salad for lunch! Who would have guessed that??,
The morning news anything worth conversing about
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-01-2015 22:20 PM
Greece is the first developed country in 71 years to default on an IMF loan. The country is holding an emergency referendum on Saturday to decide if: A. Accept the EU's bailout and rather brutal terms, leading to a huge drawback in the standard of living Greeks have become accustomed to; B. Do not accept it, Greece probably exits the EU, and their economy collapses within 4 months. It's like a choice between a punch in the face or a punch in the balls. This is going to be pretty rough for them. Meanwhile, the Greek PM has sent a letter to the European Central Bank asking for emergency loans to float their debt until an arrangement can be reached. While the letter itself is reasonable, one has to see it to believe it - it looks like a random note; all different fonts and letter sizes. It looks like whoever wrote it is fucking crazy. This is not going to end well. It can't.
Location Settings
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Location Settings       07-01-2015 17:53 PM
We were in North Korea once. True story. Sort of.
Where is the Unicorn Utopia?
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Where is the Unicorn Utopia?       07-01-2015 17:30 PM
Actually, "catching" them is relatively easy. It's catching their attention for the first few moments that's the tough part.
Location Settings
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Location Settings       07-01-2015 13:46 PM
Interesting timing given the Cincy's similar predicament. Wayne (ProfileReview) explained it to me: The reason this happens is because they are giving away one-year paid memberships in some countries and they do not want people switching to those countries, getting the free membership and then switching back to the United States, so we have to manually switch profiles back. Contact Wayne @ ProfileReview and he will fix it.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       07-01-2015 13:33 PM
"Needless to say, when our campervan is rocking it will just be Mr.Cincy and me." No orgies with the local Huldufolk?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       07-01-2015 13:31 PM
"...are we banning Dukes of Hazzard reruns now too?" Yes. TVLand and CMT have done exactly that. And, just to be extra asshat about it, apparently some KKK members plan to march in Columbia to protest any removal of the flag. Thanks, idiots.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       07-01-2015 11:55 AM
Now you'll need Wayne to change it back. Have the two Icelandic profiles certed each other?
Going to Houston
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Going to Houston       07-01-2015 11:53 AM
In my travels to Houston, one thing remains constant - the people of Houston blame the influx of people who fled Katrina from New Orleans (and didn't go back) for everything. I don't know if this impacted the swing scene in Houston at all, but I can tell you what happened to TABU in Baltimore when it began filling with the inner city crowd.....
Happy Canada Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Canada Day       07-01-2015 10:53 AM
Hell yes! Squeaky cheese! *sigh*
Going to Houston
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Going to Houston       07-01-2015 10:52 AM
We've visited Houston for work numerous times and have never found a club that looked like it was worth going to.
Happy Canada Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Canada Day       07-01-2015 10:50 AM
I got to enjoy some as a midnight snack at a wedding in May. Totally awesome.
Surpasses, Meets, or Disappoints.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Surpasses, Meets, or Disappoints.       07-01-2015 09:51 AM
i For an explanation... en.m.wikipedia. org/wiki/Imaginary_unit
Happy Canada Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Canada Day       07-01-2015 08:48 AM
Sigh - no. I have no access to fresh cheese curds here. There will be nothing Canadian aboot what I do today, eh. I might clear out my eavestroughs, sit on my chesterfield, or open up a mickey.
Happy Canada Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Canada Day       07-01-2015 08:13 AM
And yes - I know probably nobody here cares. I was just up really early and goofing off.
Where is the Unicorn Utopia?
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Where is the Unicorn Utopia?       07-01-2015 08:08 AM
I wouldn't bother with SLS for finding a unicorn. Go to clubs and find them that way. While truly single and sane ones do exist on here they are pretty rare. While we know many unicorns we know them all from clubs and parties. In 8 years we have never met one - not even one - from SLS. Mind you we long ago stopped trying...the occasional email comes in from one, but they are almost always looney or cheating or people whose Looks Lottery ticket didn't match any of the winning numbers. Seriously - clubs and parties. SLS is far too much work for what you can find on here.
Happy Canada Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Canada Day       07-01-2015 06:30 AM
Better yet, watch the South Park episode "Canada on Strike". Fucking hilarious.
Happy Canada Day
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Canada Day       07-01-2015 06:27 AM
Happy Canada Day to any hosers out there! Buy a two-four! Spend your pogey or baby bonus! Have a double-double. In fact, have two. With Timbits. Enjoy a beaver tail. Eat ham because that's what Americans call Canadian bacon. Memorize your SIN, spell it "colour", "cheque", and pronounce it "zed". Or just have a normal day at work like I will, if you live in the US.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Film You Can Watch Over And Over       07-01-2015 06:19 AM
Funny, I thought the one with Robert Redford was just about the most God awful movie I ever saw. Bored me to tears. Plus his acting was terrible "THATS MY BUSINESS!" As for Mr. Hand - Mrs VA thought his DL pic was an improvement - the one where he looks like Joey Ramone after a 3 week bender scared the hell out of her.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Film You Can Watch Over And Over       06-30-2015 20:23 PM
He apparently got a driver's license and is a grown up now.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       06-30-2015 16:52 PM
Given my work in review of medical records as well as DOJ and DEA records, I can tell you that they almost always resume their drug use. The same people...over and over again...
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-30-2015 11:19 AM
Some people are accusing NBC of changing their logo to "gay colors" in order to capitalize on current events. NBC adopted their current logo/color scheme in 1986.
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       06-29-2015 21:14 PM
Roasted chicken and salad with goat cheese.
Why no Height/Weight search option?
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Why no Height/Weight search option?       06-29-2015 17:53 PM
Those people know what they're doing. I call them "liars". You are kind of guessing either way. If you added the 8 years we've had our profile you wouldn't be guessing correctly - we really are 41 and 40. A lot of people are honest. Oh well. Good luck.
No Response to Emails
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > First Contact > No Response to Emails       06-29-2015 14:09 PM
You can think it rude if you like, but inevitably.... "Hi" "Hi" "How r u?" "Fine thanks" "Your wife is hot" "Thanks" "Would you like to chat?" (Seems like that's what we are doing) "What are you looking for?" ---- 10 emails and we've gotten nowhere.
Low Carb - Keto diet
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Low Carb - Keto diet       06-29-2015 13:00 PM
Avoiding the mindset of "well, I'm not being good, so I might as well go crazy" is kind of tough. Ok so I go out to lunch with coworkers, and they go to a sandwich place. I don't want to seem like a weirdo so yeah, I eat a sandwich. But a side salad and not fries, and no brownie or anything like that. The tendency is that if you cheat a little (eat a burger, bun and all) you then eat fries. And dessert. A 35 carb oopsie (the bun) can be corrected in about 8 hours; less if you're active. A 300-carb binge will take a couple of days and probably cause big time GI upset too. The real key is to do what you can as practically as you can, and correct as quickly as possible if you deviate. Yeah I'm going to eat carbs on vacation but I'm not going to have 8 slices of pizza and a giant sundae every day
Low Carb - Keto diet
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Low Carb - Keto diet       06-29-2015 08:00 AM
I absolutely acknowledge my mistake with respect to hypoglycemia causing ketoacidosis - sorry about that. However I maintain that prolonged ketosis is not a harmful body state, and evidence does not support the widely held presumption that it is. Your body can achieve a happy homeostatic state without a "buildup of ketones".
Why no Height/Weight search option?
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Why no Height/Weight search option?       06-29-2015 07:54 AM
Well I understand it in the sense that I followed the explanation. But essentially it's predicated on the assumption that nobody updates their ages and assumes this about everyone else. In our experience this is not true, and the non-update crowd (among those actively using their profile) is perhaps 1/4. Of those, perhaps half just don't bother (which is the crowd you speak of) and the other half lie (which resetting the profile won't fix because they just lie again). Anyway - you can do what you like. I think it's bizarre (and probably so do others, which is why people were confused) but hey it's a free country. Have at it.
Sexiest thing you've seen lately?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sexiest thing you've seen lately?       06-28-2015 20:39 PM
In order to rank it, I'd have to see that myself. Preferably from the point of view of the ridee.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-28-2015 19:54 PM
The other escaped convict has been shot by police and captured, alive, 5 miles from the Canadian border.
when is the age gap too much .
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > when is the age gap too much .       06-28-2015 19:40 PM
I've said this before - as long as we can somehow get 20-somethings to keep fucking us, we will keep fucking them. The 24 year old from last night is texting me today. Apparently I still work....for now...:
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       06-28-2015 19:32 PM
Working America, an advocacy group which is partially behind the push to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour has posted for a job of maintaining their facebook page. Starting wage is $12.25 an hour. Hysterical...
Sexiest thing you've seen lately?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Sexiest thing you've seen lately?       06-28-2015 19:28 PM
A brunette cumming on my hand while a redhead cums on my cock, and hearing Mrs VA cumming in the other room.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       06-28-2015 19:12 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually a white guy and have created this profile to troll everyone. That's one of the most unhinged and completely inaccurate rants you've made on here.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       06-28-2015 19:07 PM
A friend of ours is having a baby today, so... "Push It" - Salt N Pepa "Baby baby....oh baby baby"
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       06-28-2015 18:59 PM
I think I should bill them for 10 hours of "archive searching" for hunting for their lost data. Well, actually it took me just a few minutes, but given how fucked they would be without it I bet they wouldn't blink at paying it. *sigh* I have too much of a conscience. I can't do it.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       06-28-2015 18:56 PM
Simply incredible. The DOJ is flipping their shit over how they lost the data that the case I've been working on for them for years is based on. When I provided them with their original data, their corrected data, and their corrected-corrected data, they demand to know why these corrections were issued. How the fuck should I know? It's your data, assholes. It's not my fault that you somehow lost your records on a case you've been working on for 3 years. It's a good thing I'm not as much of an incompetent fuckwad as you all seem to be and I can save you from the angry judge who wants to know where all of your data went. Seriously....maybe government computers really do lose everything... this would explain the lame explanations of all of the government agencies that can never find lost emails etc.
Low Carb - Keto diet
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Low Carb - Keto diet       06-28-2015 18:01 PM
I wasn't going to respond to this but I feared you had a dangerous piece of misinformation in here. Hypoglycemia is under no circumstances "good for diabetics" and can lead to ketoacidosis, which is fatal if not corrected. People in stable ketosis do not suffer from hypoglycemia at all. Their bodies will generate all the glucose they need via gluconeogenesis. The information as you put it was invalidated in the 1990s (but is still widely taught) when these mechanisms were elucidated. While you of course are free to do whatever you want, I put it to you that you are causing your own problems and that if you truly stuck to a solid 20 carbs a day and continued to workout, after about a week (possibly 2 if you've never truly been in deep ketosis as I suspect is the case), you would no longer suffer from low blood sugar problems (provided you do not have diabetes) and could truly become a fat-powered human. Having done this for so long my body has upregulated the enzymes necessary for quick fat metabolism and I can interconvert readily between both metabolisms by altering diet. I don't test positive on keto strips anymore even when eating near-zero carbs because I don't go flying into ketosis but rather just quietly shift gears. Hence I don't get any of the issues such as bad breath or digestive upset associated with abrupt changes in diet.
Low Carb - Keto diet
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Low Carb - Keto diet       06-28-2015 18:00 PM
I wasn't going to respond to this but I feared you had a dangerous piece of misinformation in here. Hypoglycemia is under no circumstances "good for diabetics" and can lead to ketoacidosis, which is fatal if not corrected. People in stable ketosis do not suffer from hypoglycemia at all. Their bodies will generate all the glucose they need via gluconeogenesis. The information as you put it was invalidated in the 1990s (but is still widely taught) when these mechanisms were elucidated. While you of course are free to do whatever you want, I put it to you that you are causing your own problems and that if you truly stuck to a solid 20 carbs a day and continued to workout, after about a week (possibly 2 if you've never truly been in deep ketosis as I suspect is the case), you would no longer suffer from low blood sugar problems (provided you do not have diabetes) and could truly become a fat-powered human. Having done this for so long my body has upregulated the enzymes necessary for quick fat metabolism and I can interconvert readily between both metabolisms by altering diet. I don't test positive on keto strips anymore because I don't go flying into ketosis but rather just
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       06-28-2015 03:37 AM
Just had a magnificent hot time. Life is awesome.
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       06-27-2015 15:49 PM
95 and glorious!
No Response to Emails
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > First Contact > No Response to Emails       06-27-2015 10:36 AM
Just wondering : what is your typical intro email like? At least 1/3 of the email we get is "Hi", "How are you?" or "Sexy!". Not saying that's what you're doing....just wanted to rule out that possibility. We universally ignore emails like that.
Older is nothing to be ashemed of, is it?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Senior Swingers > Older is nothing to be ashemed of, is it?       06-27-2015 07:24 AM
I wonder how many times he's going to repeat that? Wine eventually turns to vinegar if not kept properly.
Best Ways To Survive in Hazel Township, PA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Best Ways To Survive in Hazel Township, PA       06-27-2015 07:19 AM
Not a bad attempt, but you have much work to do.
Low Carb - Keto diet
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Low Carb - Keto diet       06-27-2015 07:18 AM
After doing low carb on and off for more than 10 years I can tell you that those problems resolve after a time. Once you've been in consistent ketosis for a few days that shouldn't happen. My hunch is that you're doing it to yourself by eating sugar before the gym. You're sending yourself in and out of ketosis and causing wild blood sugar swings.
Help with my profile
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Better Profiles > Help with my profile       06-26-2015 20:34 PM
Hey dude I didn't see your profile before; I think it's probably been improved because it seems ok. Your pics need work. Ones where you're not glaring at the camera would be good. As one guy to another, I know it's tough having "glamour shots" taken, but if you can get some of you smiling, looking more relaxed etc that will do you world of good. Your one pic of you in the hot tub. Whatever you're doing with your hand is a mixed bag. To some people that looks like a gang sign and they will run like hell. On the other hand some people may like it. If you're trying to play the part of "classy" I would suggest ditching it. Maybe I'm overreacting but I think a lot of people won't like to see that. Good luck.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 18:24 PM
One of the two escaped convicts everyone's been talking about for the last few weeks was shot and killed near Malone, NY, 20 miles from the Canadian border. That area is very rugged and wild...lots of wilderness to hide in. It's also been revealed that the guard who helped them escape lied, and that she had been fucking both of them for a long time.
Whats the best way to pick up women for a 3some
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Whats the best way to pick up women for a 3some       06-26-2015 16:01 PM
The only sure fire way is to have a shit ton of money. Charm and good looks help, but you said "the best way". Around $2,000 will probably get you a rocking good time.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Senior Swingers > Older is nothing to be ashemed of, is it?       06-26-2015 16:00 PM
Oh, well insulting is not OK. No argument there. Calm down dood lol...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Senior Swingers > Older is nothing to be ashemed of, is it?       06-26-2015 13:35 PM
They actually weren't directed at you; sorry. I should have been more clear on that. I was speaking to the premise of this thread (which is quite old), which is a general discontent for younger people who don't want to party with older people. I do take issue with your last statement about the "shallow youth". Let them be shallow, or not, or whatever. Nobody owes you or I any justification for who they want to party with.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 12:22 PM
I should have known it would go there.
The Rollout of the new site is upon us--mass hysteria ensues!!!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The Rollout of the new site is upon us--mass hysteria ensues!!!       06-26-2015 12:10 PM
I've noticed that there is no longer a prompt for a reason before blocking. One click and they're gone.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 12:08 PM
And, before you say that's ridiculous, do you think that in 1975 anyone imagined we would see the day where the Feds wrote the rules as to what a school could serve for lunch? Another example: the birth control coverage mandate. A lot of people supported the idea that the Feds could mandate such coverage (and if I remember correctly, it wasn't through legislation). Problem is that the precedent means that there is nothing obstructing a future president from ordering drug plans to NOT cover birth control (or anything else). Sauron gives us rings and we take them without realizing that in doing so we become his slave. While that's being silly and dramatic, I hope you know what I mean. I expect I will get little agreement here and frankly I don't care.
Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-26-2015 12:02 PM
Single bi guy with no pics just writes: "I'm out and about with 9" of clean funstick...wanna play?" I think the only way to generate a stronger "no" would be for him to add that he is a serial killer.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 11:44 AM
It does in the sense that the SCOTUS never before felt like it had the power to decide who can get married, and now since they do, they have dominion over yours too. While they will likely never take issue with it, at least before it wasn't their business.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 10:57 AM
The end justifies the means to most, it seems. While I have obviously not read the decisions or their reasoning I doubt I will find anything that compels me to change my mind.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 10:55 AM
SCOTUS ruling 5:4 legalizes gay marriage nationwide. I do not object to the result, but have huge problems with how it was achieved. John Roberts chose to read his dissent aloud from the bench. "'If you are among the many Americans – of whatever sexual orientation – who favor expanding same-sex marriage, by all means celebrate today's decision. Celebrate the achievement of a desired goal. Celebrate the opportunity for a new expression of commitment to a partner. Celebrate the availability of new benefits. But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it.'
Trolls - Who they are, why they troll, what we can do
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Trolls - Who they are, why they troll, what we can do       06-26-2015 09:18 AM
Why aren't they? Oh never mind. I didn't know that your current profile is a "Generation 2" profile.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 09:16 AM
I should have said "possibly concerted", as such information is only speculative at this time. However, a suspect in France is in custody and self-identifies as ISIS.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-26-2015 09:11 AM
A concerted series of terror attacks in several countries are happening right now, it seems. Decapitation and explosions at an Air Products factory in France. Gunmen kill at least 27 on a beach in Tunisia. Bombings in Kuwait City. Developing.....
Theranos STD testing at Walgreens
FORUMS > General Discussions > Safe Sex > Theranos STD testing at Walgreens       06-26-2015 09:05 AM
It must be a state law. In Virginia a doctor does not need to write an order for an STD test. Anyone can walk into a LabCorp or similar place and get it done no questions asked.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Senior Swingers > Older is nothing to be ashemed of, is it?       06-26-2015 08:25 AM
I don't know why so many struggle with this.... Of course getting older is nothing to be ashamed of. But it does mean that for many we become less interesting for those who are younger. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. While some 25 year olds like to fuck 60 year olds, most do not and this is not going to change. When you were 25 did YOU want to fuck 60 year olds? If so, you're the exception. While we do often find ourselves with younger people, this won't last much longer, and I won't pout about it.
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       06-26-2015 08:16 AM
"Ghost in the Machine" - Battle Scream Sounds like electronica meets Dream Theater.
Body Hair
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Body Hair       06-26-2015 08:05 AM
It wasn't until I got up over 35 or so that I began to get really hairy and I felt like I had to do something about it. If it could have stayed as it was I would have left it, but it began to resemble a bath mat and if I let it grow out it becomes this nasty impenetrable mass after only about 6-8 weeks. It's not like it can be thinned, so it left me with a choice of routine waxing or being the hairiest swinger in the South. I'm considering lasering it off as waxing front and back every 3 weeks is expensive time-consuming and painful (although I've gotten used to it). Probably after a while some will grow back and as long as it doesn't do so in a weird pattern I'll leave it be.
Body Hair
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Body Hair       06-26-2015 07:26 AM
A hairy swingers club? I wouldn't be shocked if such a thing existed, but I wouldn't know how to find it. Good luck, furries! (And I mean that in a fun way. Truly - to each their own)
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       06-26-2015 06:43 AM
Almost home from the gym...next, 20 miles on the bike.
Ready to experience a party but hubs not into it
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Ready to experience a party but hubs not into it       06-26-2015 05:15 AM
Why is he totally against parties? I mean, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I figured I'd ask.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Best Ways To Survive in Hazel Township, PA       06-26-2015 05:11 AM
We've noticed. Not having that severely impacts your ability to engage in normal conversations.
my profile
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > my profile       06-25-2015 19:36 PM
Maybe....if we can figure out who can see it. Not couples.... Did you not notice the replies to your previous thread suggesting to take this question to "better profiles"?
my profile
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > my profile       06-25-2015 19:34 PM
Again, Bullwinkle?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       06-25-2015 19:28 PM
We had such a heavy downpour my pool is full right to the top.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       06-25-2015 18:01 PM
*DUMPING* rain. At least 3 inches in the last hour.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-25-2015 15:15 PM
I'm sure many will roll their eyes for me posting this, but.... Apple has removed App Store Civil War games that include the "Confederate" flag. Still think this isn't all "knee-jerk"? WHY do we all act like such reactionary imbeciles every time there is a tragedy? It almost makes me wish someone would go on a shooting rampage dressed as a Care Bear just to see how quickly eBay refuses to sell them, TV reruns get cancelled, and calls for the establishment of a National Care Bear Registry begin.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       06-25-2015 12:29 PM
I used to try to do such things. It ended up being far too much work with so little return. Today I only keep a small stand of pineapple plants and one lemon tree. Look up the book "The $64 Tomato" by William Alexander. Hilarlious stuff.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Best Ways To Survive in Hazel Township, PA       06-25-2015 12:25 PM
You should attend Sarcasm 101.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       06-25-2015 09:25 AM
SP: perfectly made hollandaise sauce on my eggs and bacon...
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       06-24-2015 22:33 PM
Broccolini >> broccoli
when is the age gap too much .
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > when is the age gap too much .       06-24-2015 21:56 PM
Noooo do not set the limit at 23.....
What's for Dinner
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What's for Dinner       06-24-2015 21:54 PM
Lamb chops.
BBC is a myth
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > BBC is a myth       06-24-2015 17:41 PM
Oh I've been following, I just saw no reason to chime in until that bodacious babe showed up.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       06-24-2015 17:23 PM
Sa-WEET!
BBC is a myth
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > BBC is a myth       06-24-2015 17:18 PM
Cue the wisecracks about where people would like to hide their SC's with Mrs Cincy.
Simple Pleasures
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Simple Pleasures       06-24-2015 17:17 PM
Seeing the lovely Mrs Cincy make an appearance is a delightful simple pleasure.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2015 17:16 PM
"...are we banning Dukes of Hazzard reruns now too?" Warner Bros has elected to cease the licensing of anything pertaining to the General Lee. Truth is stranger than fiction at times...
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2015 14:02 PM
I was looking for this yesterday. When at his citizenship test, Apu (from the Simpsons) is asked this question: Examiner: All right, last question - what was the cause of the Civil War? Apu: Actually, there were numerous causes. Aside from the obvious schism between the abolitionists and the anti-abolitionists, there were numerous economic factors, both domestic and inter- Examiner: Wait, wait. Just say slavery. Apu: Slavery it is, Sir.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2015 09:39 AM
I would find it a little hard to believe that if a sign like that appeared on your neighbors lawn that you would not find it intimidating. While probably intended just for those people, it indicates you probably have an unhinged neighbor.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Best Ways To Survive in Hazel Township, PA       06-24-2015 08:41 AM
One of our neighborhood security guards drives a Corvette. Possibly he lives in it. Not that I'm encouraging you to move here....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-24-2015 08:39 AM
BLT, without having seen the story, it's probably about as real as the nail polish that detects date rape drugs. Just because the concept sounds good doesn't mean the invention is real. Journalists fall for this garbage all the time - just look on YouTube for news reports of water-powered cars.
What's your WOD (workout of the day)
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       06-23-2015 17:52 PM
We have a plan, postponed several times so far, of taking 10 months off work for a 10,000 mile circuit of the country, departing Feb. 1 from Key West, Apr. 1 from Virginia Beach, Jun. 1 from Denver Sept. 1 from San Diego and arriving home some time in November. Or something like that. Time and money are, as you might expect, the obstacles.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-23-2015 17:49 PM
I skimmed it. There is stuff about Michael Brown, etc. Apparently at some point white people got this idea that they could do anything to black people and as long as they said they were sorry black people were expected to forgive them. This of course only makes sense if one believe that one person can offer or accept an apology on behalf of another. Why should any random white person apologize to any random black person (or vice versa)?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       06-23-2015 17:45 PM
Rosie - if that question is for me, 18 miles is a pretty short ride for us. I do it 5 times a week and the Mrs does it 3, and once on the weekend we do a longer ride of 40-80 miles. If you are experiencing that kind of discomfort after 15 minutes on a bike you're either injured or in desperate need of a proper bike fitting. 4 years ago, in April 2011, for those who have been around long enough, Mrs VA weighed 110 pounds more. She decided she was tired of being fat and we began biking. Her first ride was 1.6 miles around the neighborhood and it damn near killed her. By June she was riding 20 miles at a time. By August, 45. In October she managed a 60 mile ride. In July 2012 we rode 200 miles in 4 days up and down the Florida keys. Last summer we rode 400 miles in 8 days around eastern North Carolina. I love my bike. Mrs VA was just happy to find an exercise she didn't hate.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       06-23-2015 16:23 PM
Bugs Bunny: "Batten down the hatches!" Crewman: "They are battened down!" Bugs Bunny: "Well batten 'em down again, we'll teach those hatches!"
Feds Gone Wild
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Feds Gone Wild       06-23-2015 14:29 PM
Props to your dedication to hunting down the legendary boobies.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > The morning news anything worth conversing about       06-23-2015 13:54 PM
...and... Fun... People have debated this for a long time, yes, but actions taken inmediately in response to an outlier event are, in fact, knee-jerk in nature. If this discussion were happening two weeks before it wouldn't be. But sudden abrupt actions in response to it are knee-jerk. That doesn't mean they're wrong, necessarily, but they are reactionary and emotion-driven. Does anyone seriously believe that this flag is causal in this incident?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-23-2015 12:11 PM
When I was a child my grandparents attempted to teach me plautdeutsch (or however you spell it), their first language, as my father's family are Mennonites and the language persists today among Amish and Mennonite communities in North America. Schvienerei!
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       06-23-2015 11:31 AM
In the course of an investigation into the transmission of harmful material to a minor, police earlier this month searched the phone of Ashley Miller, an 18-year-old Bradenton (Florida) residence, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. In a folder titled “2-face fun,” investigators found 17 photos of a “canine performing oral sex on an unknown white female.” In a subsequent interview with cops, Miller acknowledged she was the woman in the photos and that she was being licked by her dog “2-face.” Miller said that the female dog, which she has owned since 2006, has “licked her vagina approximately 30 to 40 times,” police reported. Miller further explained that she “would call 2-face into her room, take her pants off, open her legs and 2-face would lick her vagina.” She added that a prior dog, named "Scarface," also licked her on a similar number of occasions. Miller was arrested Friday and charged with two misdemeanor counts of sexual activities involving animals. JW: how does one carry on with life after having their face splashed on the news for having dogs lick her hoo-ha?
Things NOT to say while having sex
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Things NOT to say while having sex       06-23-2015 11:20 AM
Well, along those lines.... "I see dead people..."
FORUMS > General Discussions > Games > Submit the best lines from your favorite emails on sls       06-23-2015 10:49 AM
Je parle un petit peu de Francais, mais j'nai pas un bon vocabulaire.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > What's your WOD (workout of the day)       06-23-2015 10:44 AM
18 miles on the bike and 45 minutes of upper body at the gym. Grrrr....