HELP
FORUMS
vabeachcouple33    Posts: 21452
Last 100 Displayed

How to graciously decline or say thanks but no thanks.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How to graciously decline or say thanks but no thanks.       02-28-2015 10:30 AM
A "little chilly" is of course relative. It's 62 right now here and presumably not too different for you. 'Dem northerners would be out basking in the heat at 62 in February.
Finding a Unicorn
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Finding a Unicorn       02-28-2015 09:30 AM
Only a few areas of California are like that. Basically the southwestern section between LA and San Diego, and the Bay area to Sacramento. The vast majority of California is rural or, more accurately, abject wilderness.
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-28-2015 08:13 AM
It was lame, but... When I was 16 or 17 I was driving with a couple of friends of mine in my shitty car. We had just bought a buttload of gummibears or some dumb candy and they were fucking around throwing them at each other. One went out the window of the car and hit another car. The driver of that car flipped out and began chasing us. They eventually stopped, but when I got home there were 2 cop cars in my driveway responding to a call of a "hit and run". It turns out: 1. The driver of the car had just bought it hours before and was enraged that anything might touch his brand new car. 2. He of course didn't bother to look for any alleged damage to his car from a fucking gummibear before calling the cops. 3. He lived 2 doors down from us when I was a kid. He was a total fuckwad then too. I knew exactly who he was when I heard his name. This of course went nowhere, but my parents were not impressed that the cops showed up looking for me. WWYF: Time being stranded somewhere
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-27-2015 23:05 PM
Check your galleries. A member is complaining that their private pics are visible in their public galleries. AGAIN.....
Thu Ku Klux Klan and ISIS {or ISIL}
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Thu Ku Klux Klan and ISIS {or ISIL}       02-27-2015 23:01 PM
No treatise on the KKK is complete without proper acknowledgment of the roots of group and who their targets were. I do not expect we will be graced with such complete truth telling by fart-boy over here.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How to graciously decline or say thanks but no thanks.       02-27-2015 22:39 PM
I don't think its at all appropriate to bitch about HWP in their reply. But a lack of pics is a different matter. People without clear pics simply get no reply from us.
He lived long and prospered
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > He lived long and prospered       02-27-2015 19:01 PM
I'm not arguing with you. As with practically everything you write, you know next to zero. Enjoy.
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-27-2015 18:53 PM
From Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Toronto. 1996. It was a Dash-8 turboprop and I was super excited. WWYF: road trip without your family
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How to graciously decline or say thanks but no thanks.       02-27-2015 18:05 PM
If we were them, we'd just send the generic "no thanks", not say, more or less, "why are you writing to us?" or "you're too fat". Some people are just dicks. *THAT SAID* If you really didn't open pics for them and all they had to go by was your profile pic when you wrote, they have something of a legit complaint.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > He lived long and prospered       02-27-2015 18:02 PM
Can't we have one thread you don't pollute? You're not entirely wrong - some healing does occur, but scar tissue is more or less permanent. Just like a serious cut will heal, but probably never look new. His quitting smoking stopped it from getting worse, which he got away with for a long time, but once you begin getting up there in age your permanently damaged lungs just start becoming too much of a problem.
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-27-2015 17:53 PM
BIO 101. WWYF: pet
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-27-2015 17:30 PM
First one I can remember, navy blue. I shared the room with my brother WWYF: video game you played?
Cool Youtube Videos
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Cool Youtube Videos       02-27-2015 15:25 PM
Couldn't find Boinkster's YouTube thread so I am adding to this one. Apparently, 30 seconds and a Bugatti Veyron is all it takes to get girls to agree to have sex with you on the spot. "What kind of girl do you think I am? THIS is your car? Ok....." youtube. com/watch?v=BtyaTMEMu64
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       02-27-2015 14:25 PM
John Boehner tweeted that the dress is blue and black today so what does that mean? It's settled? Or it's actually white and gold because he's a tricksy GOPoop-er?
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       02-27-2015 12:51 PM
There is more than one picture, but they are the same dress on the same woman on the same day. The dress is black and blue in all pictures. The second picture was offered up as proof that the dress in the first pic really was blue and black. The picture everyone's weirding out over is a shaded pic taken with a camera phone and about 3/4 of people say it's white and gold, although if they look at it long enough they sometimes see it as black and blue. There is a reason why this is happening.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > He lived long and prospered       02-27-2015 12:48 PM
No more Spock????? Wow.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       02-27-2015 12:09 PM
Couples blocked too.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       02-27-2015 11:21 AM
You need to read this Good. This is not (entirely) an issue with lighting. 10 people gathered around a computer all disagreed about if it was white and gold, or black and blue. We are not talking about green/blue or red/orange. We are talking about white/blue and gold/black. Irrespective of the reasons why, this is one of the most striking examples of differences in color perception to ever come up.
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-27-2015 11:17 AM
I hope the tailpipe was cool. WWYF: job
W T F
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > W T F       02-27-2015 10:26 AM
So if any politicians have anything embarassing they need to disclose, today's the day to do it. The entire world is paying attention to a dress in Scotland. It's like there's nothing else in the news.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       02-27-2015 09:23 AM
I've seen many explanations but they seem to conflict with each other a lot. A lot of color vision experts are disagreeing and many are admitting that they just don't know, at least not yet. In any case I think it's fascinating that this entirely accidental picture is possibly exposing something new. Mrs. VA at first saw white and gold but now sees blue and black. It's my understanding that once you see blue and black you're stuck there and can't see it as white and gold anymore. I'm still seeing white and gold and can't see blue and black to save my life. I clearly see it as blue and black in other pictures though.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       02-27-2015 08:41 AM
So what color is that goddamn dress? I say white and gold and seem to be in the majority. Most of Mrs. VA's family says it's blue and black. If you don't know what I'm talking about...... yahoo. com/health/is-this-dress-blue-and-black-or-white-and-gold-112194158507.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1 This appears to not be a joke or deliberate illusion. Just a dress that for some reason people can't agree on its color...
Keystone Pipeline National Security Issue With False Economic Value to America
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Keystone Pipeline National Security Issue With False Economic Value to America       02-26-2015 23:33 PM
Oi.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       02-26-2015 22:48 PM
At our boss' place for dinner tonight. Her 12 year old daughter suddenly became fascinated with my arms. Um...OK very very uncomfortable....leaving room now....
Finding a Unicorn
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Finding a Unicorn       02-26-2015 17:36 PM
Try Scotland. It's their national animal.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-26-2015 14:42 PM
Yes he is considered to be the most important one.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-26-2015 13:27 PM
I'm pretty sure someone else's "look it up" didn't cut it either.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-26-2015 13:08 PM
What better way to answer unsupported idiocy then with unsupported idiocy.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Keystone Pipeline National Security Issue With False Economic Value to America       02-26-2015 12:06 PM
The blind leading the blind.... Can Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles do a tango together?
Republican Party Governors To Raise Taxes and User Fees
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Republican Party Governors To Raise Taxes and User Fees       02-26-2015 12:04 PM
While I wish anyone starting a legit business good luck, to go into opening one with such bluster and arrogance is pretty ridiculous. Nobody knows how much they will be making in a few years when something hasn't even begun. Of course, sales means nothing on its own. Profit does.
What do guys wear to swinger Pajama parties?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What do guys wear to swinger Pajama parties?       02-26-2015 08:41 AM
Make sure it has a button fly so you have flexibility on whether or you're "free to roam"....
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-26-2015 07:30 AM
The first specific one I can remember (probably not my actual first) was a glass of red wine my parents gave me when I was perhaps 13. I didn't like it. WWYF: (in this case - "who") was your first slow-dance partner? (Mine's name is Jenna. It's been 28 years and I actually still have limited contact with her - her now husband is a facebook friend of mine).
Why is it .
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Why is it .       02-26-2015 05:50 AM
If you had titled this thread "Stealing Pictures" it might have grabbed their attention.
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-26-2015 05:44 AM
1990. AC/DC. SkyDome in Toronto. WWYF: car you learned to drive on.
If You Could Only Have One
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > If You Could Only Have One       02-25-2015 22:29 PM
My black Vans. They go well with some of my "goth-like" outfits. IYCOHO : candy bar
Your First
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Your First       02-25-2015 22:27 PM
Same format as "IYCOHO". Answer and then put a new question to the next poster. WWTF: (what was the first): album/record you bought with your own money?
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 21:00 PM
I don't think you understand how debate works. If you make some crazy ass claim the burden is on you to support it, not on everyone else to prove you wrong.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 20:21 PM
LQQK and I dont agree on a lot but we both know you're full of crap.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 20:13 PM
I don't think you understand how debate works. If you make some crazy ass claim the burden is on you to support it, not on everyone else to prove you wrong. Whatever dood. You have such a history of making outrageous shit up that most here will not accept anything you say unless it is fully supported out the gate.
Republican Party Governors To Raise Taxes and User Fees
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Republican Party Governors To Raise Taxes and User Fees       02-25-2015 20:08 PM
I don't think you know what a CEO is or does. I just had dinner with one, and Mrs. VA is a CAO.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 15:37 PM
Lol How exactly does a dead person cover for anyone?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Keystone Pipeline National Security Issue With False Economic Value to America       02-25-2015 15:36 PM
It's a good thing that oil wasn't in a pipeline!
Finding a Unicorn
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Finding a Unicorn       02-25-2015 09:32 AM
We've been in the lifestyle for 8 years and we've had a number of unicorns, one of which became a very good friend. However, we've met all - and I mean all - of them at parties and clubs.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 07:26 AM
Strange, very. Confused, no. He knows exactly what he's doing. The problem is that nobody else does. While some may say he is here to amuse himself with his satirical meanderings and poke fun at those who are of opposite political stripes, I'm not sure it's that simple. He's blocked most people who made a serious attempt to engage him.
What the hell are you doing up so early
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What the hell are you doing up so early       02-25-2015 06:03 AM
Outside of Planet Fitness. Don't really want to go in. Ok.....here we go....ugh.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 06:02 AM
As for Z - I'm not even sure what he's doing here anymore. What we read is a character, not a person. The person behind him (who wears a cowboy hat and sunglasses in a swimming pool) seems to be simply here to practice his creative writing skills. I don't think he seeks debate and he isn't trying to persuade anyone. So what's he doing? At least I - and presumably most of us - get some personal-ish connection from chatting on here. Some people get a kick out of irritating people. What does Z get out of it? The joy of seeing his keystrokes come to life on the Internet? It's not just politics. You can see more of his bizarre writings in the New Forums section. This place is a gold mine of psychology.
< cricket noises >
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > < cricket noises >       02-25-2015 05:57 AM
I laughed out loud when tbr called ncal the "anti-Robert". He is. It's a perfect way to describe him. Robert is 100% tunnel-visioned, impervious to argument, and calls everyone - and I mean everyone - conservatives. Flip those around and you have ncal. There are a few differences. Ncal doesn't make such amusing typos and probably gets some pussy. His historical references are more bizarre and easily refuted. But the basics of getting into an argument with him are the same.
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       02-25-2015 05:49 AM
35 degrees here in Columbia.
Cannot be removed from mailing lists
FORUMS > Suggestions > Website > Cannot be removed from mailing lists       02-24-2015 17:34 PM
We are on several mailing lists and we cannot get ourselves removed. All of the offending profiles say that they cannot delete from their master lists. Report to moderator does nothing. Blocking them does nothing. Can this please be fixed? Some nincompoop in New Jersey added us to their mailing list for some reason and now we can't get rid of them.
Democrats have destroyed our public schools
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Democrats have destroyed our public schools       02-24-2015 14:47 PM
Full day kindergarten = taxpayer supported daycare.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Democrats have destroyed our public schools       02-24-2015 14:20 PM
I know of at least one in Hazleton, PA.
Bang Head Here
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Bang Head Here       02-24-2015 11:47 AM
Whack-a-Moron. Lol
What do guys wear to swinger Pajama parties?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > What do guys wear to swinger Pajama parties?       02-24-2015 09:15 AM
Boxer shorts. Trust me.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       02-24-2015 07:49 AM
I could of course Google it but it's more fun to muse and ruminate about it here... What exactly the fuck is "French milled" soap, and why do only hotels ever seem to have it?
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       02-24-2015 05:16 AM
:( Jeez man I'm sorry you have to go through this. I hope it's worth it in the end.
Happy Thoughts -- 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Happy Thoughts -- 2015       02-23-2015 21:18 PM
I think it sucks that your shoulders are still giving you trouble, but glad to hear that they seem to be on the mend.
Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Quote of the Day - Meaningful, provocative and amusing quotes       02-23-2015 21:17 PM
I'm blocked by him too. I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or honored.
Pet Peeves 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Pet Peeves 2015       02-23-2015 17:31 PM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       02-23-2015 17:29 PM
Terrorists are serving up pancake recipes to win over new followers. That is one of the conclusions of a national security review released by Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Monday. The review report said terror groups such as Islamic State were using "highly targeted messages to appeal to vulnerable audiences". The report gives the example of IS releasing a pancake recipe "designed to feed jihadists after a hard day of fighting". A rough translation of the recipe website says the pancakes are quickly and easily prepared and best eaten with honey. "Can supply to mujahideen (fighters) before scurrying out onto the fighting fronts and extend the mujahideen energy and power, God willing. "Serve them to heroes."
Bang Head Here
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Bang Head Here       02-23-2015 17:24 PM
Have conservatives removed OSHA regulations as to how full the tank can be?
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-23-2015 16:42 PM
FB: today I got to see what an RV looks like when it hits a tree at 75 mph. In case you're wondering, it's not pretty. I find it hard to believe that anyone in the front survived that.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-23-2015 16:17 PM
Much :)
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-23-2015 15:41 PM
"uses water - no chemicals" Ack! Ack ack ack!!!!
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-23-2015 15:09 PM
She's been on her period for a MONTH? I had a young cleaning lady I wouldn't have minded polishing a countertop with.
One word that describes you
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > One word that describes you       02-23-2015 12:40 PM
Stuckintraffic!!!
Obama forces the private for profit colleges out of business and then sells them to his cronies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Obama forces the private for profit colleges out of business and then sells them to his cronies       02-23-2015 09:55 AM
I am so tired of these know-nothing dumb shit kids who constantly lecture the adults about "how things are" when the truth is they have no idea. It's like my son who heard me listening to Ministry and said this was considered "soft rock". Um no you twit I may not be up in the latest insane clown posse but don't try to tell me that borderline thrash metal is "soft rock".
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-23-2015 07:34 AM
I had a terrible night's sleep :(
A Song to Suit your current Mood
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       02-23-2015 04:30 AM
I'm sorry to see that about your friend, Fun.
Pet Peeves 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Pet Peeves 2015       02-22-2015 21:00 PM
I find people who stop in doorways or other tight spaces to have conversations to be fucking irritating!
Obama forces the private for profit colleges out of business and then sells them to his cronies
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Obama forces the private for profit colleges out of business and then sells them to his cronies       02-22-2015 19:29 PM
Since you discount anything anyone here tells you, Robert, it doesn't stretch credibility that you wouldn't listen to anyone in person either.
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-22-2015 16:25 PM
Went for a lovely 22 mile bike ride with Mrs. VA. 12 miles in she hits sand, wipes out, and her arm lands on the pavement, which I promptly ran over with my bike. She's fine. But grumpy.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Obama forces the private for profit colleges out of business and then sells them to his cronies       02-22-2015 16:22 PM
Look up salary wizard online before posting any such things Robert. Mechanic I - i.e. straight out of school - in Hazleton has an average based of $37,484 a year. $10 an hour is $20k a year. You're way off. You've been wrong on every economic assertion you make, about what everyone makes, what everything costs, etc. Your credibility in this is zero.
Serious Question on Body Types
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Finding Playmates > Serious Question on Body Types       02-22-2015 16:09 PM
Go for it. While you'll get some rejections (and a few people that are downright rude), you'll likely find some successes too, with people you never thought you had a chance with. When Mrs. VA was 100 pounds heavier, we went to a club in Los Angeles. We hooked up with a quasi-porn star with a practically perfect body, and her husband who was not exactly painful for Mrs. VA to enjoy. Turns out he liked bigger girls. Enjoy yourself. Just because you don't quite blend perfectly with the beach body crowd doesn't mean *some* of them might not mind making your acquaintance.
How's the Weather Out There
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > How's the Weather Out There       02-22-2015 16:04 PM
82 and glorious.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       02-22-2015 15:20 PM
Lol He's a New Democrat. Cut him some slack......
while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy       02-22-2015 15:08 PM
Ask a medical researcher.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy       02-22-2015 14:41 PM
I do not seek to get through to you - that's not possible. I wrote what I wrote as a courtesy to those who may not know they are dealing with a know-nothing "medical researcher" fool who doesn't know the difference between smooth and striated muscle. Disclaimer made. You may resume bullshit.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy       02-22-2015 10:46 AM
A pretty big one. I didn't read all of his before. Now I see this idiocy that headaches are caused by not getting enough exercise. The headaches are caused by the low blood pressure. This effect was a major problem with employees at Alfred Nobel's nitroglycerin/dynamite plant - there was enough nitroglycerin in the air to cause pounding headaches.
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > while do older women hestitate to fuck a younger guy       02-22-2015 09:07 AM
I've made a habit out of ignoring your bullshit but I'm calling this one out because it's dangerous. Yes Viagra was developed as a heart medication for pulmonary arterial hypertension and it still has use for this. But the rest of your statement is pure and dangerous crap. YES it can cause dangerously low blood pressure. It does nothing to capilliaries - it relaxes the smooth muscle walls of the pulmonary artery to reduce resistance to blood flow and relieve the right ventricle of work.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Democrats have destroyed our public schools       02-21-2015 21:55 PM
Has anyone complained to the site about him? Do his posts bragging about it still exist?
I WONDER WHY WHITE COUPLES LIKE BLACK COCK BUT WOULDNT LET THEIR KID DATE A BLACK PERSON?
FORUMS > Successful Swinging > Achieving Single Male Success > I WONDER WHY WHITE COUPLES LIKE BLACK COCK BUT WOULDNT LET THEIR KID DATE A BLACK PERSON?       02-21-2015 21:48 PM
You didn't type this question. Someone named "USDACERTIFIED" did.
WTF
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > WTF       02-21-2015 21:40 PM
That's awesome. I love oddball stories like this.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       02-21-2015 17:05 PM
"Here I Come Again" - Whitesnake Wait.....
Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fuckin' Bitchfest 2015       02-21-2015 16:43 PM
Took my first loss of the year pitching today. We were up by 2 in the top of the 9th and I had the first batter 0-2, and hung a fucking meatball over the plate. He hit it for a double and it became a 3-run rally and we lost. On the plus side I managed a full 9 innings, and hit 2 for 3. Downside is my first hit slammed the third baseman in the face. :( I don't like hurting people, even when it's an accident and I got on base....
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > A Song to Suit your current Mood       02-21-2015 16:33 PM
"In your eyes" With apologies to my dear friend here...
President Obama And His Economic Legacy
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > President Obama And His Economic Legacy       02-21-2015 07:02 AM
The President gave a speech yesterday mocking Republicans, claiming they are all doom and gloom and things are doing better. Certainly by some measurements, they are. They can be spun in any number of ways to suit almost any agenda. Democrats are prone to spinning them to seem much better than they really are, and Republicans are prone to spinning them to point out the pitfalls and ignore the high points. Basically both sides are half-truth tellers. Nothing to see here. However, Obama also railed on the point that businesses and the wealthy are doing better but your average Joe is not. Calls for minimum wage increase, increases in taxes, blah blah blah..... So what we have here is a situation where he is calling what we are seeing a success, while at the same time complaining that it's not helping most people. How can he take responsibility for the success without also recognizing that it really hasn't helped the people who elected him? How can these be reconciled? How can he claim that he has accomplished anything other than exactly what he accuses Republicans of fighting for?
Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       02-21-2015 06:52 AM
Well we earn quite a bit of income so the difference is in our favor. It could have been even more so if we weren't so into the place we're moving to. Virginia raised its sales tax in the last months before we left. Kind of a final f-you..... More states are considering going the consumption taxes route and ditching income tax entirely. I love it.
Bang Head Here
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Bang Head Here       02-21-2015 06:48 AM
I was too young for Maiden in the 80s. I saw Maiden in 91 and again in 94.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Keystone Pipeline National Security Issue With False Economic Value to America       02-20-2015 20:39 PM
Oil production is up. The wells that have been taken offline are those that are old, defunct, or not profitable at $50 a barrel oil. Newer rigs produce more oil from fewer rigs. The number of rigs - without considering actual production - is meaningless. The Keystone XL pipeline - as I explained earlier - is about a capacity increase to an existing pipeline system.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       02-20-2015 18:20 PM
Look dood, I will be just fine. Rest assured. I'd like to stay in this country and I probably will. But not because I am a "patriot". Because it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you change things to make things not beneficial to me, fine.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       02-20-2015 18:17 PM
Yes, 2saint, the left is willing to stand and fight. The problem is there are more of you, and you are getting more of your way all the time. So I'll go elsewhere, thanks. We don't need to fight. You can have your liberal-land and I'll go be happy. Fred - there is no specific "consumption tax" in Florida besides sales tax, which is about 1% higher than in VA. This is why I aaid "net $10,000". We will save about $16k in income taxes but pay about $6k more in sales and property. Smart people run the numbers whenever they make a decision.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       02-20-2015 15:57 PM
"Va You didn't flee the country, what you did was no different than those that went west for a better life, nothing wrong with that at all." I will if it comes to it. I've done it once before. I am not a U.S. citizen so if I decide to leave the government does not treat me like a criminal for the rest of my life. "If Florida becomes the place you want to call home for the rest of you life and say they want to change their tax system to match that of Virginia, do you stay and fight or do you run." "Fighting" is futile. I have no interest in spending years and untold tens of thousands of dollars fighting for something that is not going to bear fruit for me. As for what it will take before I leave, I don't have a firm answer. It depends on how far they push it and what alternatives I have. But generally speaking, the idiotic assumption people have - that those with means will simply bend over and take it - is flawed. "If every one with the means to fight just cut and run, then the rest of us ought to just head for the woods and wait to die." Works for me. If a state wants to chase its taxpayers away and leaves everyone else to starve that's their business. "It just seems that conservatives have lost the will to fight. What ever happen to the give me liberty or give me death attitude that this country was built on." I haven't lost the will to fight. I'm just not doing it in the way you would like. I have three choices of how to handle the Roberts of the world: Crush them. I have no interest in that. Win their hearts and minds. I've tried. A lot. It doesn't work. Leave them to starve.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       02-20-2015 14:55 PM
Btw- to quote Harry Reid when he recommended that Bank of America customers leave: "Vote with your feet." There's no better way to hammer a message home to government. They can handle the message however they like.
Forummer that you actually met
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Forummer that you actually met       02-20-2015 14:48 PM
You just had to do that.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Union enrollment plummets for Wisconsin teachers       02-20-2015 14:46 PM
Not that I'm defending anything ncal said, but.... You can call them cowards. Do you really think that's going to stop them? We moved to Florida because it will save us over $10,000 (net) in taxes each year. We've had people call us cowards even for that. What do you think we should have done - stayed in Virginia and pushed for them to adopt a model similar to Florida or Texas? I'd rather be called a coward for moving to a more favorable situation than stay and buy your admiration.
Fun Facts
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Fun Facts       02-20-2015 11:41 AM
Not exactly a "fun" fact: 59% of people in Quebec openly admitted to being a racist when asked in a poll. It's not a surprise to me at all, but probably is for some people. I've always recommended people not visit Quebec, especially if they are a visible minority. So many people would be saying: "wow, they sure don't like Americans!". They're quebecois they hate everyone.
Just Wondering
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Just Wondering       02-20-2015 11:10 AM
I can't see it. As to why : We got 5 emails yesterday. Amazingly, none from single guys. One was from New York. One was from Tennessee. One was from people who were nearly 70. One was from people with no pics. One - out of 5 - was a local couple, with pics. As to why the others emailed ..... Probably the same reason these people emailed you.
Dear Boinkster
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Dear Boinkster       02-20-2015 10:13 AM
Dear Boinkster, After perusing my early contributions to this thread and reflecting upon my skills as a limericist going back a couple of years, I have come to the conclusion that my creative writing skills have gone sharply downhill. My postings from a couple years back elicit uproarious self-chortling, but lately I am largely out of ideas. What can I do to get my forum groove back? My mojo is on a downward trajectory.
Forummer that you actually met
FORUMS > General Discussions > Open Forum > Forummer that you actually met       02-20-2015 09:56 AM
Thankfully I have no such rule.
Fitness Bitchfest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Fitness > Fitness Bitchfest       02-20-2015 06:50 AM
I'm at the gym right now and I really don't want to be here today. I'll get through it, and I'll be glad I did, but right now I just want to go back to bed.