Swinger Forums

HELP
FORUMS
fjep91754    Posts: 19237
Last 100 Displayed

DEATH by NRA
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > DEATH by NRA       06-12-2014 14:05 PM
Criminals do not obey laws, even gun laws. That is why they are criminals. Why is that so hard to understand.
let us all be civil
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > let us all be civil       06-03-2014 16:05 PM
This is the nature of politics, there are other sub forums on SLS where there should be more cum by ya.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-21-2014 14:06 PM
Just got thinking you should email perfectmatch, if memory serves me his family owned a gun shop at one time.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-21-2014 14:02 PM
You can find a decent priced derringer from Bud's online. Probably anywhere from under 200 to 400 dollars. NAA pocket revolvers are a good choice for deep conceal. Around 200 bucks, 5 shots of 22 LR or 22 WMR. More shots and will handle better than a large bore derringer.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       05-21-2014 13:59 PM
Good luck finding rimfire ammo for it, save it as a heirloom, piece of history. Buy a derringer that uses centerfire ammo if you want to shoot. It will cost less in the long run, and be a much more effective EDC for deep conceal carry if you carry.
Why did the NRA hold their convention in a Gun Free Building?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Why did the NRA hold their convention in a Gun Free Building?       05-18-2014 11:28 AM
Where is the convention being held? Private property, or public owned property? Considering that guns are displayed at the convention the laws in the state evidently allow for promoter permission. That said NRA is not a gun rights organization. It is a lobby organization for the gun industry, concealed carry industry, and selling "appealing" gun control to the gullible public, for a price. Keep in mind that the NRA wrote most of the gun laws in the 20th century that haunt us. Only one gun control law was ever needed, the Second Amendment. From the NRA' birth they have never been concerned with rights. The whole beginning started because a General thought Yankees could not shoot straight enough to kill those that stood up to government. Then they were behind the NFA and GCA, and the tight laws in Kommiefornia. ALL the other laws that the NRA backs are laws that extract money from the people, as well as discrimination against certain groups. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
Was the Global Warming Hoax the boldest attempt in history to enslave us?
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Was the Global Warming Hoax the boldest attempt in history to enslave us?       03-31-2014 22:32 PM
I would feel much better with Mickey having my back than that liberal idiot. Who claims to be smart, but all he does is call others dumb. INSTEAD of stepping up to the plate to show us how smart he is.
Rumsfeld
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Rumsfeld       03-26-2014 11:59 AM
Lord I miss the politicians who had balls to say what was really on their mind, good or bad. I sometimes wonder who's fault it is that politicians are such big fat liars, ours or theirs.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       03-18-2014 14:54 PM
Actually the FFL must retain records and provide them to the ATF upon demand. You betcha boopy guns bought from a FFL are registered, even if it is in a backwards way. That is why they are now demanding records for 80% lowers being sold.
Ukraine
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ukraine       03-14-2014 17:36 PM
M, I agree, we have spent too many years butting in to other countries business. Disregarding sovereignty of a country, meddling in their economy, undermining their political status. If any country was to do that to us, we would be hopping mad.
Ukraine
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ukraine       03-14-2014 17:16 PM
And as a side benefit Putin gets off on twisting Obama's tit. The more it pisses off Obama, and he can't do anything about it the happier Putin is. Obama has not figured out the way to get back is not to tell Russia it's affairs but to do something to twist Putin's tit. But Obama does not have the balls, and Putin knows it.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       03-14-2014 16:59 PM
I hear in Hazel Nut PA the hunters just talk a bear to death...
Ukraine
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Ukraine       03-07-2014 13:44 PM
A lot of deep thought here~~but Russia will do what Russia wants to do. Just the same as Obama does in this country. We will have as much influence on this as we did when Russia invaded Georgia. But is fun to watch Putin put a stick in Obama's eye. Putin "Knock Knock" Obama "Who's there?" Putin "Crimea" Obama "Crimea who?" Putin "Crimea a river"
Mass Killing in China
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Mass Killing in China       03-04-2014 17:08 PM
People will find a way to kill, and maim, no matter what is outlawed. But at least there were no gun deaths. It is so much better for hoplophobes to be butchered than shot. (sarcasm)
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       02-26-2014 07:47 AM
"Thinking of buying my first handgun next payday and would like some recommendations from some of the posters who seem to know a lot about them. I want something easy to clean, easy to shot with not a lot of kick. Something the wife can handle easily. Was thinking of a 9MM but not sure if it will have enough stopping power. Nothing larger than a 40cal. I think anything bigger than that and the recoil would be to much for her." Revolver is really the best choice for a new handgun owner. But quality revolvers are more expensive than quality semi autos. A used Glock is all of those things you seek at a respectable price. But check out the prices of Ruger SR series semi autos. They are less than Glocks and S&W. S&W are less then Glock, but seem to have a higher resale value than Glocks. You can get a M&P .40 from Buds for 441 last time I checked. I paid 415 for my Glock 37. Since you don't reload you should stick with the .40 or the 9mm. Ammo is less expensive for them, 9mm is even less expensive than .380. You can buy Keltec, and Ruger 9mm that are almost as small as the 380s and conceal very well. There are several gun sites that offer good deals but you will have to have the gun delivered to a FFL, and they will charge you a fee. Often that fee is less than the state taxes though. I have bought three guns from Bud's, and one from Centerfiresystems, the Glock 22. The Glock 22 would not be a good conceal carry firearm though, too big. Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore also has good deals on firearms, but you have to be quick with them. They sell them fast.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       02-26-2014 07:31 AM
".380- the caliber of choice for James Bond." For some reason I thought Mr. Bond's gun was a .32. Not important though.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       02-23-2014 22:10 PM
The G22 is not a bad gun, light, boxy grip, and not as accurate as my 1911. But hey it is an investment. I screwed up when police trade in revolvers were dirt cheap. NOW they are going for a premium. 20 years ago I had a chance to buy victory model S&W for a 100 buck apiece, another screw up on my part. Saw one the other day going for $800.
Lifecycle of a Democracy
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Lifecycle of a Democracy       02-23-2014 20:36 PM
Only a true libtard digs through threads a year old to bump them. But then obsessive seems to be a common affliction of the progressive idiot.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       02-23-2014 20:34 PM
Grats looking, I have bought 2 Glocks this week, not a Glock person but could not pass on both of them. A PTI Glock 22 Gen 2, and a new Glock 37. Still waiting on the 37 to get to LGS.
Slipping from a Pussy to a Mouth
FORUMS > General Discussions > 3-Some > Slipping from a Pussy to a Mouth       02-10-2014 13:03 PM
Seems WHH should change his profile to Bi...
This is why we are preppers
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > This is why we are preppers       02-10-2014 12:55 PM
"maybe some of you "peppers" should be building an underground bunker...sick fucks." Some already have those, they are called basements...
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       01-30-2014 13:51 PM
I do that, or convert 44 mag cases to 44 spl. Though I load the 44 mag cases what would be a hot load for 44 spl, though still not on the level of magnum.
Guns Guns and More Guns
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Guns Guns and More Guns       01-29-2014 23:37 PM
If you think a buck a round is too high wait until you see the prices of those RIP rounds. Personally I will stick with my soft lead cast bullets, I know they work well. Nothing at all wrong with 45LC for self defense, I carry 44 mag med loads in a SA revolver. I load them fast enough to have good punch, but light enough to allow the use of soft lead.
IDIOTS Who keep repeating the same things
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IDIOTS Who keep repeating the same things       01-18-2014 16:33 PM
There is a simple solution to the idiot problem, Do NOT respond to them, that is what they want. (sigh) but nobody will listen...;
DC moves closer to legalized pot
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > DC moves closer to legalized pot       01-16-2014 15:08 PM
Well I tried, NK must have run out of meds again. That's what happens when government takes over health care. All the nutballs are without their meds.;
US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia       01-16-2014 15:02 PM
I'm a gun fanatic(Sarcasm) I hunt with 8 guns just by myself. LOL!;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > DC moves closer to legalized pot       01-16-2014 15:00 PM
NK you brought up a good subject that many of us can agree on. Why not let the personal issues go with VA and explore getting rid of useless laws, that really benifit no one.;
Another gun thread since you asked
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Another gun thread since you asked       01-16-2014 14:57 PM
Another instance of where government could not protect the public. Criminals do not obey laws, that is why they are criminals. The answer is to take responsibility for your own safety.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > DC moves closer to legalized pot       01-16-2014 14:54 PM
OK just to the OP. I don't smoke pot or tobacco, but the war on drugs is a colossal waste of money. Enough of this and put the resources of gov to better use.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia       01-16-2014 10:55 AM
Cheney makes a mistake and a man gets hurt, it happens. It is in the past, dragging it up would be like dragging up Teddy drowning a pregnant girl and getting away with it.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia       01-06-2014 14:12 PM
"Law abiding citizen's don't shoot people without just cause."; Exactly because they are law abiding, that is the idiocy of the idiot liberals. What is amazing that one who claims to be so smart posts like a moron.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia       01-05-2014 22:08 PM
Actually TBR your claim of a law abiding citizen shooting family was absolutely the post of a moron. I mean a complete idiot. How the hell could someone breaking the law, be a law abiding citizen? Only a complete moron would make a post like that.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > US gun culture corrupting the world says ex deputy PM of Australia       01-05-2014 16:15 PM
Actually law abiding citizens do not break the law, note the law abiding. For some common sense goes right out the window for liberal idiocy.;
U.S. Population Grows At Slowest Rate Since The Great Depression
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > U.S. Population Grows At Slowest Rate Since The Great Depression       12-31-2013 09:13 AM
The era of the double digit families has come to a end, actually I think it ended decades ago. I have not looked at the figures but I do not know anybody with over three children.;
Economic And Political Tyrrany In 2013 Remembered
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Economic And Political Tyrrany In 2013 Remembered       12-29-2013 17:18 PM
Please point to the adults having a conversation, because you clearly are not one of them. You stopped being a adult when you resorted to name calling. And Bush blaiming didn't help your case at all. In case you were unaware Bush has not been president for 5 years now.;
IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       12-20-2013 22:54 PM
It is imperative that Obama not lose anymore seats in congress in 2014, so he has to back down. Alas it will only be temporary until the clueless public, elects more progressives. And we will have ten more years of a libtard in the whithouse.;
Nelson Mandela has died at age 95
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-12-2013 13:52 PM
Off topic, but you can save a lot of headaches for everybody by using a notepad to type posts. Then copy and paste them to the reply box. So far it has worked for posting without the jibberish symbols from SLS.; To paste you will need to use CTRL V.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-11-2013 17:22 PM
And let's not forget all the blacks Winnie and him killed with African necklace, because they thought they collaberated with whites.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-11-2013 17:21 PM
I guess some people are ok with burning babies, as long as they are white babies...;
Regulations
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Regulations       12-08-2013 19:54 PM
Government beurocrats are like junkies on drugs with regulations. They are the ones who need regulating.; They do very little without graft, how does anyone expect them to regulate the banking industry, and not screw it up. People should regulate the banking industry with their feet. And if the bankers screw up, they should not get gov help.; If they have to be responsible, as we all should be, regulations are mostly not needed.; Laws only are needed when their are victims, and then severe punnishment when those limited laws are broken. Jail has much more incentive to keep people on the straight and narrow. As long as it is for actual crimes, not moral crimes.;
Regulations
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Regulations       12-08-2013 17:01 PM
One has to wonder how the US survived her early years without the federal watchdogs we have looking out for us today...;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 15:13 PM
ADL Calls Nelson Mandela's Accusations Against The United States 'Offensive, Prejudicial and Simply Wrong'; New York, N.Y., January 31, 2003 ... The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today called Nelson Mandela's accusations against the United States "offensive, prejudicial and simply wrong."; In criticizing U.S. efforts against Iraq, Mr. Mandela, the former president of South Africa and Nobel Laureate, said that the U.S. cannot be a moral leader because it is guilty of committing "unspeakable atrocities in the world." Mr. Mandela also inappropriately interpreted U.S. positions at the U.N. in racial terms, asking "is it because the Secretary General of the United Nations is now a black man?"; ht tp://archive.adl.o rg/presrele/mise_00/4225_00.html#.UqIuMfRDs7A;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 15:11 PM
Who is this guy with Mandela?; israelandstuff.c om/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mandela-with-Palestinian-leader-Yasser-Arafat-in-2002-Photo-Getty.png;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 15:05 PM
Friends of Mandela; Fidel Castro; Muammar Gaddafi; Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 14:06 PM
Since when is telling the truth Venom?; The real venom is the murdering of innocent people, including children, only because they are white. Mandela was a leader of a TERRORIST organization, that killed innocent women and children. I find it ironic that our great savior in the white house praises him.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 11:04 AM
Not only was Mandela a communist, he associated with all those dictators and communists that hate us. The one thing I will give him credit for was his ability to manipulate the media to appear to be a saint. The man was a murderer, just like Osama Bin Ladin.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 10:14 AM
youtube .co m/watch?v=fcOXqFQw2hc;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nelson Mandela has died at age 95       12-06-2013 10:11 AM
I can't honor a man who would condone wrapping a infant in newspapers and setting the infant on fire. Two wrongs do not make a right. He was responsible, and gave orders for the killing of innocent people.; The system in SA was bad, it needed to go, but to this day hundreds of SA are being slaughtered in his name.;
Let's be politically honest
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Let's be politically honest       12-05-2013 18:06 PM
You must be making that up about Al Whore, he is a liberal/progressive. According to the OP only republicans want censorship.;
Black Friday and police protection
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Black Friday and police protection       12-04-2013 09:19 AM
Sed it is like a drug with them. The only way for them to break it is to go cold turkey and not even look at his posts. I pray for them that their obsession with the dense one does not cause them health issues.;
Black Friday and police protection
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Black Friday and police protection       12-01-2013 18:30 PM
Keep in mind that the government is not required to provide security for anybody or any corporation. They do it to increase their control, there was a time when police was at a minimum in this country. And the public including business took responsibility for their safety.;
Nuclear Harry
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Nuclear Harry       11-24-2013 13:50 PM
"There's a difference? Hmmmm, somebody should tell Obama that. I hear he's changing the ACA all by himself to allow people to keep their plans"; He is only letting them keep their plans up to the 2014 elections, in 2015 he goes back to screwing those same stupid sheep.;
Would you vote Christie for Prez
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Would you vote Christie for Prez       11-22-2013 18:17 PM
"what is a numptie?"; Numb in the brain...;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       11-19-2013 21:02 PM
Rights are not granted by government, privileges are. The BOR does not grant rights it limits government from infringing on rights that already exist.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       11-19-2013 21:00 PM
People tend to shop around for the best healthcare as opposed to shopping for price.; But people have been known to move to other countries because of less expensive health care. Such Equador, and even China.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-17-2013 19:20 PM
Having I have accidently washed factory ammo in the washer and the powder was still dry when I pulled the bullets. Same thing for reloads.; I would not trust this with rimfire, I do not think the seal is as good on a rimfire round. But for water to get into a round not only does it have to get past the seal of the casing to the bullet, it has to get pass or displace the pressure when the bullet is seated. If ammo is kept dry it should be good for a hundred years. I have cap and ball revolvers that have been loaded for months and still fire reliably.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-17-2013 16:06 PM
It seems that Walmart has used a lot of restraint on their pricing, but then they do not make big money off of ammo. They make their profit in the high mark up items like clothes and electronics. I don't expect prices to go down very much, actually expect them to go up due to ACA. I can't imagine ammo manufacturers going to parttime employees, so the price of ammo will reflect the increased insurance costs.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-16-2013 17:53 PM
It's amazing at what Dan Wessons are going for now. Same for Colt Pythons, I had a chance to buy several when I was 21 and passed on them. ISP trade ins for 300 each, now they go for 3 grand.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-16-2013 16:04 PM
I would suggest a super blackhawk or a redhawk for hunting, the quality on SW has gone to the toilet. I looked at a redhawk setup for hunting last week and it was exceptional in the box, just not what I was looking for. I believe it had a 8 inch barrel. I think they were asking just around a grand for it.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       11-16-2013 11:07 AM
I believe Dorner was very well trained...;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-16-2013 11:05 AM
I sometimes carry a snub for a BUG, but prefer full size guns for EDC. I want every advantage possible for accuracy, and snubs just do not give that advantage with distances past 10 yards.; I am from the bullet placement camp rather than supposed stopping power. So I prefer longer sighting radius.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-15-2013 18:35 PM
Looking I went with the 4 3/4, it is good length for carry.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-15-2013 16:08 PM
I take it he is looking for a compact. I didn't ask the size of his 357.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-15-2013 15:16 PM
Oooops! You should have a easy time finding a 38 snub, or even a compact 3 or 4 inch 38. The pawn shop I got my police positive from had several in 38. It is a great size firearm with a 4 inch barrel and the compact D frame. They are out there in 2 inch barrels but not as common as the 4 inch.; CheckBuds, I think the CA 38 was around 300, and I believe they had the six shot CA 38 snub.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-15-2013 14:38 PM
Wayne fix the God Damn forum posting function. This is getting really annoying!;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-15-2013 14:36 PM
That depends, I have a hard time locating CA revolvers, not sure why. But Bud's has the 357 and it is less than the 44, last I looked the 44 was around 350. Every once in a while I get lucky and find something at a local gun store.; Ed's in Vass has two stainless 357for 469 each, both have had action jobs and are sweet. I just am not in the market for a 357. Magnum rounds in revolvers I find not worth it, especially snub nose. Factory loads for magnum ammo are built around slow burning powder intended for long barrels. Which relates to snub nose flame throwers. Now if a person handloads that all changes because mid range loads can be built around faster powders.</span>; I use Universal powder for myloads so in either special or magnum I will get the most performance in shorter barrels. Exceptional performance in 4 to 5 inch barrels.; Actually a pawn shop has a Dakota 357 for 249, but it has a 7 1/2 inch barrel. Great for shooting but cumbersome for carry. The gun is actually in good shape for a 30 year old gun. I suggest checking with Bud's for a 357 snub, then find a local FFL that will transfer for a reasonable rate.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-15-2013 13:23 PM
I was amazed to see the price actually drop today on a gun I had been looking at. Actually price dropped on all three guns I have been eying. I bought one, may go back for the other two.; I have been wanting a 44 special revolver to go with my lever rifle. I ended up with a Pietta 1873, because of it's classic look and 44 mag capable. I still may get the Ruger 44 spec blackhawk for an investment. I was also considering a CA bulldog for those occasions when I don't want to carry a big revolver.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Would you vote Christie for Prez       11-14-2013 09:54 AM
I can't vote for a male version of Hillary.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Would you vote Christie for Prez       11-14-2013 09:19 AM
Nobody will win against Hillary, numpties will vote for her because it is "History".;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-12-2013 21:34 PM
; These ammo gamblers could get caught with their pants down, if supply returns. The 22 LR is just not worth shooting at centerfire prices.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-12-2013 19:50 PM
I think people who don't shoot who buy ammo are buying it as a investment. It could backfire if prices drop, but what is the likelyhood of that.;
Killing Kennedy
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Killing Kennedy       11-12-2013 14:00 PM
Lucky there were many factors involved, police depts were not at the level there are today for personal protection. The blame falls with the idiot that shot Kennedy, and the idiot that shot him. Mistakes are learning opportunities that make our presidents safer, unfortunately that has related into less freedom for the subjects.; ; Take a look at Gabby Giffords, she recieved threatening communications from the nutcase that shot her, yet she did nothing to protect herself. She like a lot of other liberals believe their safety falls on government. She was wrong and paid a price she did not deserve even though she contributed to the outcome.; ; People in this country must take personal responsibility for their own safety. That includes presidents, had JFK followed good advice he may have lived to a ripe old age. Outside of Oswald's criminal act, any other blame falls on him.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-12-2013 13:53 PM
Bill you are right. I have watched as the owner of a local pawn shop waited in line at Walmart to buy as much ammo as he could, he would then take it to the pawn shop and mark it up 100%.; ; Funny thing is he has kept his prices down on handguns. I am guessing figuring making big on the subsequent ammo sales. I laughed at him when I tried to buy a box of 32-20 from him, he wanted 50 bucks for 50.; ; I have less in the componants, and equipment for 100 cartridges, and the savings will continue for a long time. But alas for a time there was a shortage of componants and equipment. That is freeing up, so I believe there is hope on the horizon.; BTW what the hell happened to my spellcheck on this new format. I appoligize for mispelling until I find out how to use it again.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-12-2013 13:46 PM
"My gut feeling is that manufacturers were concentrating on producing those rounds that were in highest demand. Rounds like 9mm, .380, .45ACP, .223, 5.56, 7.62x39, etc. People began buying up all calibers so there was a shortage of both cartridges and components."; You have summed it up~~the shortage interacts with all componants from primers to bullets. The same manufacturer that makes 270 bullets makes 9mm. I would imagine that any bullet manufacturing facility casts a run of one type of bullet, and then resets machinary to manufacture another. It all affects the total outcome. Naturally they are going to produce what they have the most demand for. Which is handgun ammunition.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-12-2013 11:20 AM
A lot also has to do with new shooters entering the sport, and the high increase in conceal carry applications.; Most of these newbies have never owned a firearm, and a new firearm needs ammo. Most are not handloaders so they need newly manufactured ammo to practice and qualify with.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-11-2013 20:34 PM
Now I am trying to decide between two 44's. The ruger has adjustable sights and hard rubber grips. The traditions is fixed sights but it has abeautiful case hardened frame, one piece wood grips,a close copy to the Colt 1873. The actions on the Italian copies are much better out of the box than Rugers, but it can be changed with Wolff Spring kit.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-11-2013 20:26 PM
I have shot it a few times after I cleaned the crud out of the barrel. It shoots fine, but I am waiting on new brass for it to load light loads.; ; It would be an act of shame to let Robert anywhere near a piece of history. Besides if he ever were to entertain such a thought, he would ask the government to do it for him.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-10-2013 18:56 PM
Mickey a bullet is a componant of ammo. Walmart sells mostly ammo, not cartridge reloading componants. Some Walmarts sell projectiles for muzzleloading, and of course air gun projectiles.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-10-2013 16:16 PM
Lead bullets for muzzleloading, I believe I also saw sabbots with bullets carded, on the rack. They usually only have them during season though.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-10-2013 12:31 PM
Actually Perf they do, just not bullets for cartridge reloading.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       11-09-2013 13:07 PM
Our insurance is going up this month by 200 bucks, and we have been informed it will go up again in January as more ACA bullshit kicks in. If it continues to rise it will be cheaper to pay out of pocket and the fine.; I honestly do not understand how most people are going to afford this.;
Something is going on.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Something is going on.       11-09-2013 13:04 PM
I usually keep about a thousand rounds for each caliber that I have. I don't at this time see a need to keep much more than that. I have a new caliber and I probably will only load a couple hundred for it.; The gun is 102 year old Colt Police Positive 32-20. I bought it for how it looked, and the low price. It has a deep antigue patina where chrome once was, a few spots of chrome here and there. It is shootable, but I won't be doing long range sessions with it. I love old guns, especialy when they look old. Surprisingly the bore was in very good shape once I got the crud cleaned out. BC gap is a little wide, out of Colt Specs, but oddly within SW specs.; I have not had a problem with finding componants, things actually seem to be more accessable, although more expensive. I cast so that solves the bullet problem. There are still plenty of wheel weights around.; While I do not use gas checks, it is a good option for casters for rifle calibers.;
Goverment shutdown = 6 billion loss
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Goverment shutdown = 6 billion loss       11-08-2013 16:20 PM
Is Robert addiction covered in ACA. It is a condition that is easily cured though if you folks just stop letting yourselves get sucked in.;
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       11-08-2013 16:19 PM
That makes sense, the fine is way less than the insurance. And with the pre existing condition outlawed, any sign of a problem all the person has to do to be covered is enroll.; ACA advocates seem to miss out on the obvious. The new law makes it even more advantages to go without insurance.;
Goverment shutdown = 6 billion loss
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Goverment shutdown = 6 billion loss       11-07-2013 19:48 PM
Sorry the gov was not there to wipe your ass for you...;
Income inequality
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > Income inequality       10-29-2013 18:10 PM
My life was saved by the cream of the crop. From the helicopter pilot and crew to the staff that kept me alive until the surgeons could fix me. Fuck the lazy shits, give me the top of the list, and the best money can buy. I won't say "Fuck the poor" but do say "Fuck the lazy". Side note thank god for the top line insurance that so far has paid almost all of my expenses, and bills. I have not seen all the costs come in yet, but so far with prior medical adventures I am pushing around $250 grand so far. I certainly hope we can afford to keep foundation insurance after the effects of government.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 19:05 PM
That is nothing, are you sure you finished High School? BTW illness from tobacco is a PRE EXISTING condition. And it is clearly included rate hikes. Again what is not illegal is legal. The law has to be specific.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 19:01 PM
Nothing specifically rules out rates based on health conditions, as long as they are fair. As long as they are tiered.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 18:59 PM
There was nothing in your quote that covered rates for health issues.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 18:47 PM
"[[Page 124 STAT. 320]] ``(i) may be tiered to reflect, with respect to each eligible individual with chronic conditions provided such services by a designated provider, a team of health care professionals operating with such a provider, or a health team, as well as the severity or number of each such individual's chronic conditions or the specific capabilities of the provider, team of health care professionals, or health team; and" May be tiered!
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 18:43 PM
Show me the law that says BCBS cannot base rates on health.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 18:42 PM
All I had to do is get the first paragraph of the section, it deals with medicaid and medicare, not insurance providers. God I hate stupid people who claim to be smart.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 18:36 PM
TBR my health problems are the same. In fact I have even less patience for people who claim to be genius and then don't live up to the claims.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 18:25 PM
" ``Sec. 2704. Prohibition of preexisting condition exclusions or other discrimination based on health status." Chew on the above! I didn't make the claim so you can go fuck yourself. It is up to the person making a claim of law to back it up. Nothing about premiums, just exclusions or discrimination. Honest rates based on heath status is not discrimination, or exclusion. You are so smart you are going to have to do better, instead of half ass.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 17:23 PM
The actual law please? What is not illegal is legal~~if what you claim is true show me the law.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 17:13 PM
They have already shown newscasts where people who thought they could afford ACA but found out because of health conditions they cannot. I will have to dig back for them, but so far I have seen no statute within the ACA that limits insurance companies from basing premiums on factors. They cannot refuse insurance, but they are allowed to reasonable rates to cover insuring high risk individuals or families.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 17:02 PM
Wrong, insurance companies can no longer REFUSE you, your rates are still based on health age and other factors. In a company policy those higher rates are absorbed through the group.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 15:07 PM
TBR who is your carrier, how many dependents? Your claims are easy to research.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 15:06 PM
So YOUR EMPLOYER is picking up the slack~~you got caught lying again! I am not buying your claim of a little over 500 for above standard coverage either. Especially considering your diabetes.
FORUMS > General Discussions > Politics > IS OWEBAMA-CARE SCREWING YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW       10-14-2013 14:54 PM
TBR post a link to the final result of your application for Obama care.