SwingLifeStyle Travel | Independence
Caliente Tampa August 2012 : Swingers Discussion 203201
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSTravel, Clubs and ResortsResortsCaliente Tampa August 2012
TOPIC: Caliente Tampa August 2012
Created by: Scandle
Original Starting post for this thread:
We have heard rumors and innuendo about Caliente Tampa and are hoping to get the real story from some of you readers. Have you been there recently, and what was your experience like? Is it moving more to lifestyle-friendly or staying strictly nudist? Which accommodations do you recommend - hotel or casita?

Thanks for your help!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
We were in Caliente Tampa last year for the SLS takeover in September, since it was a takeover I'm sure it was a completely different atmosphere. We had a blast and there were games everyday by the pool and music. I guess it all depends on when you go, although my experience has been when going to lifestyle resorts it's best to go when there's a group.

Staten Island NY
Username hidden
(24 posts)
It would appear we managed to book our visit to Caliente Tampa in the absolutely quietest time of the year. Early in the week during August should be avoided if you're hoping to meet a lot of fun people, or even not-so-fun people. Of the relatively low numbers at the pools, most were apparently residents there and tended to keep to themselves. Only one restaurant was open, but the same menu was offered outside at the tiki bar. The somewhat upscale restaurant was only open on weekends, so we didn't get to try it out. It would have been nice to hear music being played around the pool, but there was none. The "adult" pool area had a large conversation pool, a large hot tub, and outdoor futons that could be rented for a fee - though no employees ever told us about them. This resort is going through some hard times, having been a nudist resort for several years but in search of more money to keep it afloat. They are trying different things to attract more money, like making the pools clothing-optional instead of purely nude (though their literature hasn't yet been updated to reflect that), and allowing some degree of sexual activity in the adult area after dark. Entrance fees are reduced for singles on the weekend, so presumably there is a lot more activity then. We were never approached by anyone trying to sell us a membership, but the reason why may be that we refused to fill out the financial information on their registration form. Telling them our income level and employment was more than I wanted to divulge.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8940 posts)
We just checked in to Caliente Tampa today (August 5, 2012), and after a bit of arguing with the front desk about whether the bed in our room was a king-size as promised (it was a queen, they said nobody else had ever complained about it - to which I said I have no problem being "unique" and insisted on having someone check it out), they moved us into a very nice one-bedroom condo that has a washer and dryer, full kitchen, large eating area, 2 full bathrooms, nice sitting area, large bedroom, screened-in porch and a balcony. No bugs here, but also no internet. It's the one major drawback.

My hubby is ill tonight so we have not tried out the pools, but from what we can see they look fantastic. The grounds are large and clean. More info on restaurant fare will come later from me, I hope.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8940 posts)
We have been to Caliente probably 30 times over the past few years. We love it and always have a good time! It is definitely more lifestyle friendly than a few years ago, although open displays of "affection" during the day is frowned upon.We have had some HOT fun in the conversation pools at night! We have been to Desire as well, and can honestly say we have had better times at Caliente. Just be sure to go on the weekends... weekdays are pretty quiet. We have stayed in condos, hotel rooms and casitas, but prefer a condo.There is always a theme party on Saturday night, or usually some house parties going on as well...We are planning a trip down first weekend in August...

North Myrtle Beach SC
Username hidden
(1 post)
We can't post the link, but we saw a detailed forum post and many replies that mirrored the forum post. Essentially: good base facilities (rooms, pool, etc), old family nudist vs LS issues, avoid the time-share style sales team at all costs, service quality low, low occupancy except during special LS events, and a few horror stories of confronting management and getting harsh response. Caliente was on our list, but we're just sticking with Desire resorts until they sort themselves out. Heard the name "Paradise Resort", but have not done our research yet.

Oklahoma City OK
Username hidden
(241 posts)
Someone sent us an email today about their experience at Caliente and suggested reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Now we are re-thinking the vacation.

Do you know of a nice nudist and/or lifestyle place in the Tampa area? Our vacation will be focused on checking out a few places in the state, from Tampa down to Ft. Lauderdale.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8940 posts)
We have heard rumors and innuendo about Caliente Tampa and are hoping to get the real story from some of you readers. Have you been there recently, and what was your experience like? Is it moving more to lifestyle-friendly or staying strictly nudist? Which accommodations do you recommend - hotel or casita?

Thanks for your help!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8940 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Caliente Tampa August 2012