SwingLifeStyle Travel | Independence
Carnival cruise out of Galveston Feb 11, 2013 : Swingers Discussion 216129101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSTravel, Clubs and ResortsCruise TalkCarnival cruise out of Galveston Feb 11, 2013
TOPIC: Carnival cruise out of Galveston Feb 11, 2013
Created by: jws123
Original Starting post for this thread:
We ar looking at this cruise and was wondering if anyone else is going on it.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If you have not tried one of the couples cruises they are a lot of fun. Having an entire ship of lifestyle people adds a whole new dimension to cruising. You are there with people you have some interest in common with. It's incredibly sexy and fun. We've only done one "normal" cruise and I'm sure it's our last.

What bothers us about Carnival is that we feel that what they offered the people who were on the poop cruise was really a slap in the face! Even just getting off the ship a midnight or when ever and boarding a bus for an 8 hour trip! Then I found out that once you sign the cruise contract they don't really have to do anything! I know that probably seem silly, but for me it's not about how a company performs when all goes perfectly it's about how they perform when all goes to POOP!

I heard last night that cruise reservations are up 73%! So obviously few people share my opinion. It must be true any publicity is good for business!!

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
we love cruises, we have been on over a dozen and have never had a bad one. we agree with midnite starr that bad things can happen no matter what you do. But you cant live in a bubble. Its true there are a lot of old people on cruises but thats very understandable, they have a lot of time to go out and do things like cruises. I do wish some times that you did get to spend more time in some ports. but 8 hours in some ports is plenty LOL

Shelbyville MI
Username hidden
(72 posts)
We have really mixed feeling about cruises. Even though April will be cruise number 8. I doubt we'll ever go on another "normal" cruise too many people on walkers and kids. Their idea of a wild party is completely different from ours. The other problem we've always had with cruises is that you are geographically at a location but you really don't experience it. You only get the sanitized version and meet vendors.

In my opinion there is no comparison between airlines who have a 100% safety record and cruise lines. I know it won't affect many people, but personally after the poop cruise I realized as a passenger you have signed away all your right with the cruise contract. The people suing them are wasting they time. Besides the ships are registered in different countries. A US court of law is going to be useless and it will take many years and a lot of money to accomplish nothing.

There are so many choices in travel these days. If I wouldn't loose so much I'd cancel the trip I'm on in April. Granted I'm being paranoid, but for us I think there are much better options. We want to see and experience the world, and you can't do that from a cruise ship.

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
hi all...things u should remember about ships....just like cars,trucks n planes they do break down...n some things are just not foreseeable...shit does happen...the incendent in italy was the capts fault....but dont let it ruin the ideas of things u want to do...cruising is still one of the best vacations dollar for dollar......weve been on 7...not a problem as of yet....planes weve had an engine go on fire...landed ok....we still fly...lol...accendents on cars happen...we still drive...enjoy ur lifes, n learn to roll with the punchs...cruises will be at a good discount for the next 3-4 months...take advantage of this....whats the odds of something like this happening again...lol...roll the dice...have fun......u do it each time u have unprotected sex....sooooo just saying....

Melbourne FL
Username hidden
(36 posts)
I doubt we'll ever do a Carnival cruise. It's going to take a while to repair their reputation after Italy and now the poop cruise. I really don't see us doing any cruises other than lifestyle cruises. That way you are with like minded people and not just a bunch of old people with walkers and kids. Even if they are not full take overs they are fun as there are people there you have something in common with.

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
Well, I guessit'sobvious that we didn't goon this one. Cruise got cancelled. Imagine that??? We've been on five Royal cruises and I guess that we just stick to those.

Hot Springs AR
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Carnival Triumph, seriously? That's the floating sewer ship that is on the news all day and then there was Carnival's sinking ship in Italy I doubt we will ever book Carnival. Personally I thought the compensation they were giving passengers their money back for the cruise and a free future cruise was pretty weak for a week of hell.

Then just for kicks I checked the contract they make you sign with Royal Caribbean. We are on the lifestyle take over cruise out of Puerto Rico. Royal Caribbean has no obligation to do anything if this were to happen. I'm sure the same goes for Carnival. So I guess all things considered Carnival is being generous!

Doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling does it!

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
we always like royal carribean better than carnival anyway

Shelbyville MI
Username hidden
(72 posts)
Not Anymore, I know it sucks, we were on it the 16th....we moved to a royal caribbean Ship

Belton TX
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Well, we booked it. The Carnival Triumph leaving on the 11th. Anyone else going???

Hot Springs AR
Username hidden
(6 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Carnival cruise out of Galveston Feb 11, 2013