A melted Rabbit! : Swingers Discussion 228400
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSToys Sexy Clothes and moreSex ToysA melted Rabbit!
TOPIC: A melted Rabbit!
Created by: cplofunswingers
Original Starting post for this thread:
Luxe Rabbit 2 Pink Product #: BN73110

This was my favorite toy until it started melting. I had it stored in a rubber made box under our bed with the other toys. It was used often and always cleaned properly with toy cleaning solution and the room was never hot. I have never had a vibe react like this before. The material it was made with reacted with the other toys and started melting. I washed the toy and wrapped it in a towel and it melted in a different spot from the towel! NO JOKE! None of my other toys have ever had this issue and thankfully were not affected by this chemical reaction!! Needless to say it is on its way to the dump. :( Has anyone else had this problem before?

R

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I know this is an old thread, but aaaactually...I have seen this happen before, and I do know why. (Settle in. It's a long tale).

I looked at the one in question, and this sounds kind of mean, but believe me, it did you a favor by melting. That squishy elastomer/jelly/gel material that so many are made of are actually a really bad material. Not only will it break down over time, but it will just sort of melt apart when it comes in contact with certain materials. Plus, those kinds are actually porous. That means no matter how safe the co says it is, no matter how well you clean it, no matter how well you sterilize it, it can never actually come clean. Some sensitive users will even get chemical burns from these specific materials. Since they are unregulated, the package can say anything can say anything they want.

These types of toys, especially when put together with others like them, fall apart even faster. Many people started doing experiments where they cut up these types of toys, put them in a jar, and documented the next few weeks as they break down so they can show others how dangerous they are. Many places won't carry these materials any more, but most places still do.

If you want one that's not porous and won't break down, look for a 100% silicone rabbit. ~K (the wife)

Titusville FL
Username hidden
(2 posts)
@domeingilbert, the "core" was a standard metal egg/bullet style vibrator. I haven't taken that apart but it's definitely not "liquid" inside enough to flow, if I understand your question. Inside is basically just a small motor with a counterweight on the shaft.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(272 posts)
Not intending to turn this into another gun thread, but...

The recoil pad on one of my guns was doing this with the rubber mat on the floor of my gun vault. I hadn't used that gun for several months and was pissed when I saw what was going on.

It wasn't a rabbit gun either.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
OK here's my totally serious "I'm a chemist" answer.

This phenomenon is the bane of anglers who find all of their rubber lures melted in their tackle box (with the tackle box damaged too). It happens when a rubber material (the sex toy) with a high degree of plasticizer comes into contact with a suitable hard plastic (the Rubbermaid box), made probably out of polyethylene or polypropylene, which contains very little plasticizer.

Plasticizers are liquid materials which are added to the plastic melt to change its properties when it solidifies (elasticity, etc). When this happens for a prolonged time (such as upon storage), the liquid plasticizer can migrate out of one material into the other, destroying the integrity of both.

Most packing materials are polystyrene, which doesn't do this so much.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19817 posts)
@bkrbi4more

If you were to cut it apart, I'd be curious if the core flowed, or was somewhat solid.

Gilbert AZ
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Maybe you forgot to use lube, and it couldn't take the heat....

Seriously, I've seen this happen too. I never figured out why the toy suddenly decided to start melting for no apparent reason. It had been wrapped up in a plastic bag for the first time. Perhaps it was made of a gel (jelly?) material that never really solidifies unless it's in contact with air (only the "skin" actually became rubbery).

I just had to toss it. I'd be concerned about having something that "just melted" inside me.

Gilbert AZ
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Maybe you're just hot?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19817 posts)
The wife had a bullet/egg that had a rubberish coating on it and that coating melted. I eventually just cleaned it all off and it was good to go for a few more years until the vibration stopped working consistently. I still haven't repaired it or gotten rid of it, but we have replaced it.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(272 posts)
Luxe Rabbit 2 Pink Product #: BN73110

This was my favorite toy until it started melting. I had it stored in a rubber made box under our bed with the other toys. It was used often and always cleaned properly with toy cleaning solution and the room was never hot. I have never had a vibe react like this before. The material it was made with reacted with the other toys and started melting. I washed the toy and wrapped it in a towel and it melted in a different spot from the towel! NO JOKE! None of my other toys have ever had this issue and thankfully were not affected by this chemical reaction!! Needless to say it is on its way to the dump. :( Has anyone else had this problem before?

R

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: A melted Rabbit!