Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS The Bi Sexual Swinger Bi Females Offensive Labeling in profiles and posts
TOPIC: Offensive Labeling in profiles and posts
Created by: john_missy_4u_two
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok here goes..... I am a very "out" and proud BISEXUAL woman, and have been for over 14 years. Not just in the swinging lifestyle either. Way before I was married or swinging, I had been in relationships with both men and women, and most not ever at the same time. I was even in a monogamous relationship with a woman exclusively for almost 2 years. So now that u have some of my background this will help u understand my anger. Throughout the past couple of months I have come across several profiles and posts using words to describe bisexual women like "DYKE" !!! Example: "Do not respond to my profile if you are a dyke, I am a straight woman". I have also seen it used in posts and threads. I personally find this very offensive and disrespectful. So my question is, Am I the only bisexual woman that finds this word or others like this offensive and disrespectful? Should someone pay more attention to profiles using those terms before approving them? This is purely only my opinion and not intended to upset anyone, just curious if anyone might feel the same way.... Thanks, Missy :)-

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Missy, please allow me to explain. I wasn't saying YOU were wrong to take offense. Nor do I presume, NOT being bi, to know how you feel. What I was saying was to try not to take it personal for your own sake. I personally, do not take offense when these terms are used about my daughter or lesbian and bi friends I have. By the same token, I do not personally use them because I do understand someone else may feel different.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Well I guess that answers my question, I must be the only bisexual woman that finds this offensive. Thankyou for your opinions in this post.

Missy :)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(65 posts)
I am the mother of a lesbian. She chooses to dress and groom in a manner consistent with what would be called butch and dyke. To such an extreme that we've had people point to a family portrait and say "we thought you had 3 boys and 2 girls. Yes, I've heard the terms and realized a long time ago that most people are using them in a descriptive manner and to not take offense. If I walked through life worrying about everything like that, I wouldn"t be able to function.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Ok here goes..... I am a very "out" and proud BISEXUAL woman, and have been for over 14 years. Not just in the swinging lifestyle either. Way before I was married or swinging, I had been in relationships with both men and women, and most not ever at the same time. I was even in a monogamous relationship with a woman exclusively for almost 2 years. So now that u have some of my background this will help u understand my anger. Throughout the past couple of months I have come across several profiles and posts using words to describe bisexual women like "DYKE" !!! Example: "Do not respond to my profile if you are a dyke, I am a straight woman". I have also seen it used in posts and threads. I personally find this very offensive and disrespectful. So my question is, Am I the only bisexual woman that finds this word or others like this offensive and disrespectful? Should someone pay more attention to profiles using those terms before approving them? This is purely only my opinion and not intended to upset anyone, just curious if anyone might feel the same way.... Thanks, Missy :)-

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(65 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Offensive Labeling in profiles and posts