Errrrr Ummmm Derrr This is long and probably way too involved : Swingers Discussion 70672
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSThe Bi Sexual SwingerBi FemalesErrrrr Ummmm Derrr This is long and probably way too involved
TOPIC: Errrrr Ummmm Derrr This is long and probably way too involved
Created by: Incognitos The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 2 of 2 
User Details are only visible to members.
I've had a few occasions to be the man in the middle with parents and their children on this. As a parent, it's easy to see the parents' point of view, just as it's fairly easy to see why they think and feel the way they do. It can be very ugly and, unless you know how to do it, it can be difficult to be in this position (voluntary or not) and not asked to pick a side. In my experiences with this, I can say that I stupidly allowed myself to get dragged into the discussions, with each side "demanding" that I stand with them over the other; even though I found myself in this mess, I refused to take either side, choosing instead to help them find a middle ground they could both live with, something that's not easy to do when both sides have already taken very firm stances.

Maybe the subject of this thread is going through a phase, something a lot of parents say when their children start doing something that doesn't go along with their school of thought. In some cases, the parents are right - it is a phase but I also feel that if the parents are not going to help the child in question understand what they're going through and why - even if they don't agree with whatever the kid's doing - then the only purpose they serve is to confuse the child even more, driving them deeper into a situation they really don't - and can't - understand.

Interesting topic; I'd love to hear how it all turned out...

Rob

Newark DE

Username hidden
(129 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
Raises hand.

My mom refers to my girlfriend as my "company", my "friend" and "that girl". My mother has expressed nothing but love and acceptance my whole life but this is something she and I have been struggling over. When I decided to leave my husband about four months ago with all intentions of being with women afterwards I told my mom that I prefer women to men to prepare her for this type of relationship but evidently 4 months wasn't long enough and although she knows we practically live together already my girlfriend had to meet my extended family with clenched teeth as she does not like being referred to as my friend. Everytime I correct her with a "mom, we're not just friends" or "no mom, she's my girlfriend" she acts as though it's the first time I'm telling her, rolls her eyes and goes on with this "you don't know what you're talking about, this is a phase" bullshit. My advice is that she evaluate what she personally wants without outside pressure. If it's women (which is what it seems like) she wants she could just play the denial friend card on her own and hold hands at x-mas dinner unlike us who are out and shunned.

Wheatland CA

Username hidden
(1123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 2 of 2 
TOPIC: Errrrr Ummmm Derrr This is long and probably way too involved