picture approval : Swingers Discussion 2109241051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitepicture approval
TOPIC: picture approval
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 220   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Forget the watermark --- the picture approval system is completely fucked up. All we get from the staff is bullshit and lies.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(11 posts)
"If you can't see something because the SLS watermark covers it, it's a better idea to deny the picture for approval and to let SLS sort it out."

Approve or disapprove makes no difference to me. I approve based on the content I can see (which so far, has been the entire pic). If the watermark obstructs something and I can't see it, oh well. Not my problem. Disapproving every pic would be funny in that it would overload the admins with pics to review. The downfall to that is it would either take away from their other, more important duties like keeping the site functional (lolz), or it would dramatically slow down the approval process to the point that it could take over a week for newly added pics to finally show up on your profile.

"Would you feel guilty if you allowed a child's picture in the background of the user submitted picture or a child physically in the background of the user submitted picture to be approved, because the imposed SLS watermark was laid out on top of said child?"

Nope. Why should I feel guilty because someone else isn't smart enough to edit their own pics before uploading them?

"All of this turmoil, all because someone came up with a brainy idea "help" in the software glitching for picture processing..."

Turmoil? Let's not get carried away. The watermark doesn't appear to interfere with the functionality of the approval process. And it's actually a good idea even if the execution might be a bit lacking in the eyes of other users. Me thinks there's bigger problems with the site besides a watermark.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
No, it's not. And I don't think the browser matters. Chrome and Safari show the same, transparent watermark. I find it to be a little distracting, but not obstructive. Still, the point remains....if you can't see something because of the watermark, don't worry about it. Approve and move on.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
This must be browser-dependent. I am in Firefox and the watermark isn't especially obstructive.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19805 posts)
Approve or disapprove based on what you see. If the watermark happens to hide something that violates the rules then the admins will reject it since they can view the pic with no obstructions. No big deal.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
I approve pics and I'm having THE HARDEST TIME seeing backgrounds and stuff every since the logo now appears on pics to be approved. Is there anything you can do to change how we view this? I can't see if there are children's pics on the walls, sometimes can't tell what body parts are shown, etc. help. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7474 posts)
^^^^^^^^^ This. vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Camillus NY
Username hidden
(57 posts)
I'm not sure that the problem is a lag between loading and actually becoming available for approval. Just logged on and it said 13 pics awaiting approval. Clicked. One pic showed up. Clicked "Approved." Then got the No More Pics message. Back to home page which now showed 14. Still no pics there. Back to home and it said 15, but still no pics. Then 16. Then 17. Then 26!! However, no pics were ever there after the first one.

Whatever the problem is, the process DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Here is what I found after some testing during a lower usage part of the day. 3 separate tests, very similar results. There is a lag of 6-7 min from the time you upload a pic and when it gets to whatever approver who is first to click after your image arrives in the approval queue. The unapproved pic counter; however, registers your upload as a new unapproved pic almost instantaneously after you upload it. So lets say the counter is showing 4 right after you upload. In those 6-7 minutes before your pic actually appears before an approver the counter is showing your image as one of the unapproved pics. The counter declines for any approvals fairly quickly, probably within 10-15 seconds. While the counter does quickly reset after the approval, the image is not available for use by the uploader for another 3-5 minutes. So long story short. It works but definitely not like it use to. There is a time lag going on from upload to approval and the counter doesn't reflect the lag. I subscribe to the watermark theory. I'd say that when the file uploads, the software opens the file, applies SLS watermark, saves with watermark and then sends into the approval Queue. It may also scan the pic for obvious issues their software can detect and/or resize it for storage size minimization as they are a business after all.

Morganton NC
Username hidden
(144 posts)
It seems to be working now.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9003 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 220   End
TOPIC: picture approval