picture approval : Swingers Discussion 2109241042
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitepicture approval
TOPIC: picture approval
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 220   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you:)

Everson PA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
How long does it usually take to have your photos reviewed?

Everson PA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
time lag for picture approval sucks....

its amazing, i can order and pay for a car part, have it physically packed and shipped from california, loaded into an airplane and flown across the country to Michigan, unloaded, distrubuted to a carrier that takes it directly to my house and delivers it to my front door, quicker than I can have a simple picture approved on SLS.....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(451 posts)
The item we were having with the Xs is fixed. We emailed support and explained it. They said it was a broken link.

We removed the image from a gallery first. Then removed the image. Then re-uploaded it. Works now.

Thanks Support :)

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1186 posts)
LOL-- now that's funny :)

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1186 posts)
All viable possibilities. Or perhaps the SysOp is just too busy writing code for Swing Club Tycoon.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
The apparent lag is a server side setting/configuration for how often to referesh a page (regenerate a page or some part of content within it).

Websites with a lot of traffic and/or a limited number of servers often utilize this to improve overall performance; usually by hitting the database less often and when there is only one database being used. It's a great idea on pages or partial pages where the content doesn't change that often, however, in this case it affects usability.

This technique [page caching or partial page cashing] is also utilized in the Who's On section and others where one sees a message like "it may take up to 5 minutes to see..." So there's probably a 5 minute page caching setting.

As for the grey X's where pictures should be, the page knows an image should be there [the reason it's putting a place holder [maybe it knows the number of pictures or even the file name]], however, if I had to bet a quarter on it the image isn't being found. That leads me to believe images are kept in multiple functional directories. For example one for pics in the approval process and another for pics that have been approved. When the page is generated to display an approved pic- perhaps, perhaps the image has not yet been copied to the production/approved directory. This too may be on a schedule and things are just not in synch.

The odds are good production images are on the web server and I've run sites where we kept 100,000+ images in a single, indexed folder with no problem. Given the disc usage of copying thousands of images on a site this busy it might seem logical to schedule a task like this for something like 2 am when the server isn't as busy. However, my new images were approved more than a day ago- so I cannot explain why those aren't visible. Maybe there was scheduled server maintenance that precluded certain jobs from running, maybe they are in the middle of an upgrade- who knows.

This is speculation, however, it's also what I do for a living- just not here :)

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1186 posts)
SSDD...here we go again...

Fairfield PA
Username hidden
(356 posts)
The X's are back! Nooooo...

Toms River NJ
Username hidden
(1069 posts)
Forget the watermark --- the picture approval system is completely fucked up. All we get from the staff is bullshit and lies.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(11 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   42 to 51 of 220   End
TOPIC: picture approval