move pics from pvt to pub : Swingers Discussion 38551
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitemove pics from pvt to pub
TOPIC: move pics from pvt to pub
Created by: hwdfw
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey webbie! How 'bout fixing it so we can move pics between private and public areas without having to delete and resubmit them? With the 20/20 thing up in the air, we moved most of the recognizable pics to the private area, but wold like to make some of them public again until the horde of gawkers and pretenders arrive. Hope ya'll are still doing great! Ken & Judy
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You can copy your pictures off of this site and reupload them as public. Just go to "Tools" and "Manage Pictures" and right click on the picture you want to copy, then reupload it as public. This can be done very quickly.

I understand why Webmaster has it set up this way. Just about every week I get yelled at by some user that accidently did something they didn't mean to do and they blame the site for allowing it. And private pictures are a very sensitive subject for most users.

Mocksville San Jose Costa Rica

Username hidden
(1474 posts)
I have hunted off and on for two days under TOOLS to reset our pics from private to public because of the 20/20 thing. I came here to post a question about how to change the setting and I found this thread. It's a pretty lame excuse to not make the software change for the reason of protecting the stupid from their own mistakes.

Henderson NV

Username hidden
(405 posts)
NJCoast, I believe that once the pics are on the site after being through the approval process they still carry the classifation 1, 2, or 3 flag. Simply toggling the public/private flag shouldn't even require reapproval. Worst case would be to put a simple test in to prevent the class 3 (xxx) pics from being made public. Should be a no brainer to do it with no more security risk than might be present now. It's simple bull headedness which prevents due consideration of what all in this thread have endorsed as desirable.

(stepping away from this thread now, as further contri could be considered as flaming. We'll just deal with it by withholding all except fuzzy-cam shots from public view. 'nuff said.)

Rhome TX

Username hidden
(23 posts)
PA: ..but of those who did post to this thread, the sentiment was unanimous. Never even hinted that it was a majority of the membership. That'd be silly. The main point was that management should listen to their customers. The unstated point was that the justifcation for not putting this fix in is without merit.

Not a biggie for us. We'll simply keep it all private, thus snubbing the free members and take our more up front profile content elsewhere. Poof! Problem fixed!

Rhome TX

Username hidden
(23 posts)
PA: ..but of those who did post to this thread, the sentiment was unanimous. Never even hinted that it was a majority of the membership. That'd be silly. The main point was that management should listen to their customers. The unstated point was that the justifcation for not putting this fix in is without merit.

Not a biggie for us. We'll simply keep it all private, thus snubbing the free members and take our more up front profile content elsewhere. Poof! Problem fixed!

Rhome TX

Username hidden
(23 posts)
Gosh, that's sad Webby.

Most businesses at least try to respond to what their customers ask for, and the posters in here have been unanimous in their support for this pittifully easy to implement feature. Guess we'll just leave everything but the fuzzy vanilla pic in the private area. Not a good thing to entice your freebie members who may be considering signing up.

....and start realigning our site home base over to that other place with a similar name that does give us plenty of flexibility and a more robust UI over all. They're slightly more expensive (for the lifetime membership), but maybe they're worth it after all.

Cheers!

Rhome TX

Username hidden
(23 posts)
It can be done, but I won't do it for security and privacy reasons. If you want a picture to be public, it must be uploaded as public. We must assume that once a picture is private, that is what users want. Users will make mistakes and get pissed at me for not preventing them from making a mistake.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
Webbie, I'm sorry too, but that is just NOT an acceptable response. We KNOW better than that. How about leveling with us that you just don't want to go to the trouble and/or expense? Don't insult our intelligence by claiming it cannot be done!

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
PIcs can not be moved from private to public. They will need to be deleted and uploaded again, sorry.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
No response at all on this request from Webmaster. Webbie, are you listening? If so, please tell us if you intend to allow us this convenience, or explain to us why it's not feasible.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: move pics from pvt to pub