chat room monitors : Swingers Discussion 33452
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitechat room monitors
TOPIC: chat room monitors
Created by: MiMikNMer
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just because someone has the where with all to pay for a lifetime membership does not make them mature enough to monitor a chat room. Too many times I've seen folks kicked out (and have been the victim twice myself) for no apparent reason, other than the 'MONITOR' just didn't like what they were talking about. Not that they were being disrutive, or obnoxious to anyone, but just that they didn't adhere to one persons idea at the moment. Webmaster should look and see who is spending the most time in the chat rooms, who's seemone that's recognizable to others, and make judgements on monitor placements thus. Many paid, but not life members would make great room monitors. MiMikNMer

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The no caps deal comes from netiquette. Since you are unable to actually see or hear a person's expression and tone, all caps is considered to be yelling online.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
I spent a bit of time in the chat room and I make as many flip and sarcastic remarks as the next person. Thus far I've never had a problem with being kicked out. I really haven't seen many people coming back in and complaining about being kicked out unjustly. No doubt it happens. What drives me crazy is the constant NO CAPS police. I've never been able to comprehend the issue although it's common to every chat room I've ever entered.

Houston TX
Username hidden
(771 posts)
We have to try this kick thing, LOL.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(8947 posts)
Being a strong proponent of free speech I don't see the need to have a kick option. It's to easy to abuse that power as a form of censorship of something you don't like to hear. Understandably this is a private pay site and "free speech" doesn't necessarily apply, but who do we choose to censor what we should and shouldn't hear on this site? Other than the webmaster?

The chat room has an IGNORE button. As any good chat room should. So if someone is bothered or offended they can just ignore, rather than kick someone.

Personally I find it amusing to watch people be rude, ignorant, or just plain stupid. We're all adults... hopefully. And while sticks and stones may break our bones, names shouldn't hurt us.

East Greenville PA
Username hidden
(108 posts)
As a bi couple on here I can say that I personally have never had a problem in the chat rooms, other than being dragged into private chat by single guys, when our profile clearly asks to NOT be. Our lack or response to these certain individuals then caused one of them to boot us out a few times, which was totally uncalled for, but the webbie took care of it quickly.

Personally I have never booted anyone out, instead we tend to leave when all the bickering and name calling starts.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
Our chat room does not support the solutions offered, and upgrading this shitting chat to do it is not financially responcible.

We have logs of the chat and can go back to look at stuff for several days, we simply do not have the man power to do so at this time. We're working on that.

Only a few members have been banned from chat, and those that were banned pissed of many many members, we complained about constantly, several times per day, and I personally experienced the negative affect they had on the room as a whole.

Anyone can create a new room at any time, "Bisexual Oak trees" even.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
Common Sense is in very limited supply these days. As a lifetime member I guess it's cool to have the "Power" to boot someone, but aren't we "Adults" on this site?

What topic could possibly be a bootable offense? Outright verbal abuse of someone, publicly outing their real identity or contact info, and SPAM are the obvious main reasons. If someone was publishing my name, address, and phone number on a chat screen, I'd hope for a responsible person with "Power" to immediately stop the idiot.

Sending a complaint to the Webmaster would possibly take hours and meanwhile allow this clown unfettered ability to possibly destroy someone's personal or professional life.

One "Webmaster" cannot possibly monitor a site of this magnatude 24/7.

Who has the common sense to use this Power? Sorry to say, but I agree, being a Lifetime Member, is not the best option. I've seen many fools with more money than common sense.

Being a Webmaster of my own site, and having knowledge of various scripting languages, I suggest having those with the "Power" to boot, being able to screen capture the conversation (or even a simple copy/paste) and only have a temporary boot Power.

Email the conversation clip to the webmaster for final desision of permanent boot, or restoring the chat privilege. Too many false alarms (temp boots) and the Booter looses their booting "Power"

Camden TN
Username hidden
(5 posts)
The boot issue with chat is a big issue that we are working on.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
Thanks for bringing this up Mimik..............I'm still wondering if Webby knows about the issue I had to deal with a couple weeks ago...getting booted 3 times from chat.....and for what? Nothing. :( Seems to be some people abuse what they have....The Power ;)

Upland CA
Username hidden
(130 posts)
I was actually surprised to find out that I could boot people, but have not. Why would I? I've been an online forum host since bulliten board days, ever hear of dial up? As an owner of a chat board, I always screened my chat room monitors and would never just hand out powers to anyone. Agreed, just cause someone has the money for a lifetime sub here it does not mean they have any sense.

Altadena CA
Username hidden
(20 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: chat room monitors