being logged out while typing an email reply : Swingers Discussion 229857
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitebeing logged out while typing an email reply
TOPIC: being logged out while typing an email reply
Created by: trooperandpirategirl
Original Starting post for this thread:
I know tech support is aware of some of the issues I have been having with the site, but my question is, anyone else being logged out WHILE typing a return email. It just did it to me again. Really sucks when your typing a long email and it takes you back to the log in screen, you log in lose everything you typed AND your privacy setting went back to off instead of on...

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
for me I several times I logged in, looked at an email, started typing a reply, was maybe 2 minutes in when it logged me out. Log back in try again, logged me out. When it kicks me out it changes my home screen privacy settings as well. I'm also not fond of seeing gumbie people instead of the bird with a mail count. The only way I know if I have mail most of the time is just by checking.

I haven't used IE as a browser for about 5 years or more. Usually I'm on firefox which is updated frequently.

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17509 posts)
Please read my post below this one first!

There are only four pages on the swinglifestyle web site that don't use frames. They are:

Newsletters Chat Groups Clubs

Two pages are not part of SLS and you get there by being re-directed from this site. They are:

Sex Toys DVDs

They don't use frames, FWIW.

Every other page in the links to the left uses frames.

Kitty Hawk NC

Username hidden
(244 posts)
"Also, are you usually working on a page within the frames or outside of the frames when you are logged out?"

SLS Quality,

I'm fairly sure that maybe 1% of SLS members understand what frames are and how to tell if they're on a page that uses frames--so your request will get a lot of head scratching.

Everyone else,

Frames were developed in the late 1990s to make it easier to re-use basic items on a page. You create a frame with those items, often the top of the page (here, the logo, the title, the language stuff) the sides (here, the list of links), and the bottom with contact information (not used here). Then you use your HTML code to fill in the middle with the changing content by calling up another page of code.

The big problem with frames is that it's hard to navigate because every page in the site that uses frames has the same URL, so you can't give someone a new URL to tell them where to look. It also makes navigation tricky because it's easy to get thrown back to the home page when you use your back or forward buttons. That's true here. Very few sites use frames any more.

How To Tell if You're on a Page That Uses Frames

1) look up in the URL line in your browser. If you're on a frames page, no matter which one, it will always say (and I have to talk around this because you can't put a URL into forum posts, not even SLS's URL)

the usual start of the URL. swinglifestyle. and the dot com part.

There will be nothing after that.

2) The best way is to examine the code, but recent versions of browsers have eliminated the ability to view "page source," meaning the raw code. If you could view it and you knew what pages using frames look like, it would be immediately obvious.

3) ON THE SLS SITE ONLY, any page with the standard top and left side is probably using frames.

Hope this helps!

ST

Kitty Hawk NC

Username hidden
(244 posts)
For members who are logged out while composing messages or something else, how long after loading the page being worked on does it usually take before you are logged out?

Also, are you usually working on a page within the frames or outside of the frames when you are logged out?

Thanks, SLSQuality

Miami Beach FL

Username hidden
(469 posts)
For members experiencing this issue, which operating system and browser / version are you using?

IE 10 (Metro version) on Windows 8 has an issue which causes it to reload the home page while members are interacting with other pages on the site.

The issue has only been observed in the Metro / Win8 Start screen version of the IE10 browser.

This issue is not present in the desktop version of IE10 or in IE 11 which is available with the Windows 8.1 Preview.

The logout issue may or may not be related to the IE 10 Metro browser.

Thanks, SLSQuality

Miami Beach FL

Username hidden
(469 posts)
Did it to me again :( The only difference is that I am taken back to the Home page and not logged out.

Harrisburg PA

Username hidden
(33 posts)
Having same issue. Happens when i'm doing most everything in SLS. Did it to me the 1st time I tried to reply. I tried to work thru tech with it. They gave me a bunch things to try and debug the problem myself and when the only thing that worked was switching from IE to Chrome which I didn't feel I should have to do this was their answer...... "It appears that there is something via the browser you prefer that is not allowing you full access you want. Best Regards" WTF

Harrisburg PA

Username hidden
(33 posts)
Oops, I self learneded the C&P deal after having the same issue you mentioned. I'd begin a post and get interrupted, only to find I've been logged out.

Now, if I could only master spelling and grammar.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Try typing your long post in Word, or something similar, then C&P it. While you're doing that, occasionally click on something else on the site.

Or....

Type faster, dammit. (That's what Mrs. G tells me- she types way more fasterer and betterer than I do.)

:-D

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I know tech support is aware of some of the issues I have been having with the site, but my question is, anyone else being logged out WHILE typing a return email. It just did it to me again. Really sucks when your typing a long email and it takes you back to the log in screen, you log in lose everything you typed AND your privacy setting went back to off instead of on...

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17509 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: being logged out while typing an email reply