Would a Like button for the forums be a good idea : Swingers Discussion 195255
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWould a Like button for the forums be a good idea
TOPIC: Would a Like button for the forums be a good idea
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
This question continues to pop up often in the forum threads, from both new posters and old ones. What are your thoughts? This thread is not intended to address whether a "like" or a "flirt" could be submitted on a profile; this is solely about people being able to quickly indicate approval or agreement with a post in the forums.

If you favor such a feature, would you prefer to have it anonymous with only a running count of the number of "likes?" Or, would it be better to have the names of those "likers" appear?

Should there also be a "dislike" button so that people could indicate disagreement with a post, without actually composing a negative post themselves?

What are your thoughts? Let's have a constructive discussion.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I think it would be more exciting if we can add the text to our own buttons, Now would that be interesting :)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
C'mon, Frank. You didn't write that.

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
I can understand why people are in favor of a "like" or "dislike" feature. I know it's favored on many other sites, too. I'm apathetic. I'd much rather see the site correct the existing issues, function properly for more than a minute, and establish cohesive and fair rules for the forums before they introduce another unnecessary feature. I also think flirts, winks, etc are unnecessary, but I'm the type of person to speak my mind, so maybe that's why. Maybe if you're more timid it's a good resource for establishing communication. But on other sites I've belonged to, they've never led me anywhere.

But whatev, as the kids say. :-)

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
Rdy2play

chuckles....good reply

Hot Springs National Park AR
Username hidden
(155 posts)
Well, then I am lost, sorry

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
"This thread is not intended to address whether a "like" or a "flirt" could be submitted on a profile"

--From the OP

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
We are on a few other sites, and they have the "flirt button" feature, totally useless. We get so many flirts but when these "flirters" are approached, they disappear. Then there are those who send flirts daily but never approach. I personally think it is stupid and a waste of time, the same goes for the like or dislike feature. Why would they seriously be needed would be the question.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12121 posts)
Even if Princess doesn't venture beyond the open threads to the other areas where many poeple participate, there are many more regular posters than she imagines. Perhaps the site has a way of tracking the usage beyond the 10 or 20 that can be counted on fingers and toes.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Princess hasn't really been on the forums long enough to know very much about the regular posting habits of members, have they? :-)

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
Several hundred or thousand users in the SLS forums, where? Those are obvious not accurate numbers. It's more like 20 users and under.

And the Forums are not very active. Less than 10 users at times. A like or dislike button just might cause more problems and more work than anything.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Would a Like button for the forums be a good idea