Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day : Swingers Discussion 1956451071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWhy does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"What is hard to understand? the number is the total number of distinct profile views in the last 90 days. "

How were we suppose to know that ? No where on your profile of help section does it say "profile views the past 90 days". it just says recent views.

Personally, I think it would be better if your profile view were total views that reset either not at all or the first of the month or even first of the year, having it changed each day is just to confusing for a lot of people.

Not only that, but if you go away for a few days or a week and look at your profile views it may be less than when you left, so you don't know if you were viewed at all.

Just my thoughts.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2308 posts)
Proreview,

Hey thanks for taking the time to investigate and find an answer, we both appreciate and all the work you guys do to make the site so great!

S&D

Wexford PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
that was my question ? how in the hell am i supposed to know how many responses I'm getting unless I write them down for 90 days so i know what is being deducted ? I think you are missing the point ,you are right it is not important except that its senseless to put up numbers that mean nothing, and confuse every one ( or is it just me who doesn't understand ) when you could be correcting some real problems.

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(277 posts)
If you check it at the same time each day, you can find out how many views you get per day.

I'm really not sure what good that data is anyway. What is more important is if you are getting any responses.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
ok so all i need to know is how many views I got 90 days ago? and deduct them from the total and i will know how many views i had yesterday? is that correct ? then do the same thing with the views i got 89 days ago and so on ? simple all i need is a list of views for 90 days past and do a little math and it will all make sense , lmfao

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(277 posts)
"let me try and under stand this I have 546 views now so if i get 5 views today it should go to 551 then the nexr day if i get 5 more it will stay at 551 because it dropped 5 from 90 days ago ?"

Well, if you get 5 views everyday, then it should stay the same (5 old views will drop off and 5 new views will be added).

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
let me try and under stand this I have 546 views now so if i get 5 views today it should go to 551 then the nexr day if i get 5 more it will stay at 551 because it dropped 5 from 90 days ago ? if thats how its supposed to work its pretty useless unless you write down the number from yesterday ? .. my suggestion put a delete button on it so i don't have to look at it any more !!! while your at put one on the new members today and new members this week too because they make about as much sense .

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(277 posts)
Ok, I have spoken to the developers. The view counter had not been working correctly in the past. It is supposed to be a 90 day sliding window of your profile views and it is working now.

Everyday, the 90th day worth of views drops off, so if you had 50 views 90 days ago and you only had 25 current views, then it would go down.

It counts one view per member per day, so if one profile views your profile 5 times in one day, they will only be counted as one view. The next day they can view your profile again and it would count as one more view.

ProfileReview - Wayne

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
This is what I suspect. I think the view count is subtracting versus adding? We do not get very much traffic but enough to make the ticks come and go as it seems right now.

God forbid we get updates on these things.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Theres a real shocker?

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   71 to 80 of 83   End
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day