Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day : Swingers Discussion 1956451061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWhy does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
SLSMarkaa Thanks for fixing the friends list , how ever if you don't see whats wrong with the profile views counter, I'm afraid no one in this world is ever going to be able to explain it to you . It has been explained quite well to any one who wants to fix it . this probably why things don't get fixed on here ?

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(284 posts)
well then you understand, Then why are you making us do the same thing ?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2315 posts)
"Think of it this way from SLS point of view. If you wanted to know how many people are visiting SLS, you have a page view counter, wouldn't it be a pain in the ass if you had to write that number down every day ?"

Uh, I do have to write it down everyday! I generate some marketing reports for the site and everyday I pull the reports and enter the numbers into spreadsheets to generate the charts and graphs that we use.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
"but you have to do the work and data analysis for the numbers to tell you anything."

I didn't join this site to do the work, I'm here to relax, , If i have to write a number down to see how many people is looking at my profile from a hotdate listing. then what is the use of a counter at all.

The purpose of a counter is to count for you without any work on your part.

Think of it this way from SLS point of view. If you wanted to know how many people are visiting SLS, you have a page view counter, wouldn't it be a pain in the ass if you had to write that number down every day ? Or what if you didn't look at the counter in a few days ? how would you know how many people visited SLS, when in the first place you have no idea how many counts dropped off in those few days 90 days ago ?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2315 posts)
parec60,

My main job is to answer customer questions. That's what I try to do. As has been said before, the developers program features the way the owner tells them to.

I explained to you why the current counter is just as effective as any other implementation of the counter.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Profile Revueaa , Did you used to work for the government ? perhaps in the tax form dept ? what you said is not an explanation its an excuse!!! lol you have confirmed my suspescion that the programmers at SLS can't do counters, except the one that tells you when to let me know to send a check

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(284 posts)
Why fix problems with the website? It sort of works doesnt it?

I am not all that concerned with my count over all but this ties back to why people want to see who is looking at their profile. I do look at profiles of people I am and some people I am not interested in. I am probably the minority.

If you knew who was looking (cause they are for some reason) it would enhance your ability to make that connection. If people dont want this option to work. Make it a toggled option and turn it off.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Here is my opinion:

What real good is a view counter no matter how we implement it? You want your views to go WAY up? Set your default picture to the best pic you have of your wife and then post all over the forums. Your views will go way up, but what good is that, unless people actually contact you.

You can use the data, but no matter how we do it you will have to do some work. You would have to look at the view count each day and record the data and you would also need to record what you did that day. If you post in the forums more, your view count will go up. If you hangout on the site a lot and your name shows in the Who's On list, your view count will go up. If you change your default picture, your count may go up or down based on that. It can be useful, but you have to do the work and data analysis for the numbers to tell you anything.

ProfileReview - Wayne

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Again this is a case where people find out whats going on WAY too late.

I also am curious why 90 days?

Doesnt it make more sense to just reset the counter at the 1st of the month and that way everyone will know and case see a growing number and not have to look to planetary alignment or toss chicken bones to find out how many people have looked at the profile.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Thanks Markaa the only thing hard to understand now is WHY ? would you put up a number that ? instead of views today ? oh i get it you tried that with the new member count and it doesn't seem to make any sense either ?

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(284 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   61 to 70 of 83   End
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day