Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day : Swingers Discussion 1956451051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWhy does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm pretty sure it is 90 as when I divide by 90 it falls in line with how it was before they started the cleanup. We still have alot of stalkers and rarely ever emails which is annoying though.

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
No one within SLS staff ever has a definitive answer. LOL I thought it was last 90 days? LOL Now it's 30. :-)

Anyway...it's a useless feature, so fear not. It doesn't matter. Pictures do. But this does not. :-)

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
It is Recent views. I believe it's in the last 30 days. In the past the clean up routine did not work so the number kept climbing.

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
They must be sending them to me, my count has gone up about 200 in the last 3 days lol .......as i said before SLS can't do counters

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(291 posts)
How come the last few days our counter is going down rather than up? I guess people are taking back their look.....lol

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(319 posts)
You have been on the site less than 90 days, so your views will keep going up everyday. After you have been here 90 days, they my fluctuate up and down.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
We are on numerous different sites both lifestyle and others. Profiles views are implemented different all over the place. Having the counter show the number of visitors over the last 90 days is really not that bad. And slsmark correct me if I'm wrong is it reset once a day as is? Or does it really look at the current date - 90 days so the number can go down during the day. The fix was needed as it always said X recent views but just continually climbed. That never made any sense to us as we knew it wasn't possible for us to be getting that many views all the time. Is the way it is now right. Well according to those that own the site yes it is. They get the final say in anything that happens here. I am sick of all the people that keep complaining that something is broke because it doesn't work the way they want it to. Now complaining about something that truly is broke like pictures not working is one thing we agree that is a big problem and should have lots of time spent fixing it somehow. While it is good customer service to listen to your paying customers it is not a requirement to fill every need or want that someone has for the site. It just is not possible.

Niles MI
Username hidden
(143 posts)
Mark

Does this mean your taking input from people or did the owners wave their imperical will on the subject?

Again how hard is it to have it reset the first of the month and count forward? That makes too much sense to me. Oddly enough I dont think people care about the background reports Wayne and others have to send to the powers that be?

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
"you want a counter that does what you want it to. Fine, but we have other members that want it to do other things. Fine as well. So, I guess I can spend weeks building the worlds greatest counter, breaks down by hours, minutes, seconds, geographic areas, MSA, IP blocks, shows graphs, etc... "

No, all we want is a counter that doesn't go up and down more than someones EKG. You know a smart thing to do would be to start a forum thread with 2 or 3 different counter solutions and have them vote on it. I don't even care if it resets at midnight everyday, week, month or year. at least we know where the counter started.

The way is is now, we have no clue where it started, especially if you forget to look at it in the morning.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
Markaa , check back I said the same thing a few letters ago lol put a delete button on and it will be done , that it was not improtant and other things were ..... nuff said?

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(291 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 83   End
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day