Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day : Swingers Discussion 1956451041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWhy does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   41 to 50 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
All employees have been instructed NOT to post information unless they are certain it is correct. And, only if it does NOT contain something that we consider proprietary or of a security nature.

The website forum is not a replacement for sending support request, it is an open forum that we monitor as time allows.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
I guess we are not going to get a reply or answer?

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Webmaster:

Sometimes your employees provide helpful information here, sometimes erroneous info, and many times they simply ignore questions and requests. A couple of examples:

Two different, long-time members within the last month or so posted their frustration with customer service responding curtly and unhelpfully after the members attempted to find out why their group events suddenly were not being allowed as in the past. One member posted that complaint here 4-5 times over a two week period, apparently with intervening emails to customer service. If it were my business I would want to know those things; in fact, I would set up a way for my customers to email me directly, unfiltered by any employees who were not being responsive.

Another example: Shortly after I joined I posted here a question about how to selectively allow profile views by a member. An SLS employee repeatedly insisted that it couldn't be done, claiming that he had attempted several times to do it. With some input from other members and the help of one member, in about ten minutes we figured out how to do it; I documented the procedure, which has since been incorporated into your Help section. There have been other instances where two different SLS employees have contradicted each other about the site's features and capabilities.

No one here expects perfection, but there do seem to be a number of customer satisfaction issues that often are not addressed as well as they should be. And I'm not trying to single anyone out or say it's all bad. In fact, I will say that Wayne was very helpful to me once when only a site administrator could accomplish what I needed.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
Webmaster

Your staff is putting this info here on the site. I may behoove you to look through here and see what’s being said. According to Wayne this is his job to communicate with us on the message board or is that wrong also?

I will play broken record on this but I think you can calm the drum beats of the natives by being proactive and letting people know what’s going on from time to time. Your explanation of the DNS issue makes sense but not sure what it took in my opinion an unreasonable amount of time to come clean with that info to the masses. We are the people who are just talking here, I’m sure there are LOTS of people wondering what the hell is going on. I had a conversation with another sls couple and they were clueless as to why pics wont come up and joked that it is constantly broke. She said if they were not life time members they would be very pissed to be paying for poor performance.

If I may be so bold to ask why is this view thing so complex to figure out. I can say its not simple in any way, most peoples way of thinking does not work well with how this is currently setup.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Here is your answer Webmaster :)

John7361 wrote "Think of it this way from SLS point of view. If you wanted to know how many people are visiting SLS, you have a page view counter, wouldn't it be a pain in the ass if you had to write that number down every day ?"

Profile review response: Uh, I do have to write it down everyday! I generate some marketing reports for the site and everyday I pull the reports and enter the numbers into spreadsheets to generate the charts and graphs that we use.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
Who told you there is a report, that is false, and if an employee is giving out false info I want to know about it.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
As others have said you have to have the rosette stone to decipher this thing. I made the suggestion to have it rest to zero at the beginning of every month but the staff said they use it to fill in some kind of report that goes to someone in the company?

Again lets make it difficult to see if people are looking at ones profile. This also rolls back to the "who has seen our profile" argument.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Babe, I've added quite a few to your view count too. :)

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
Webbie we had like over 70,000 views before the change. Then in the first month after the change we had about 1,200 veiws that grew to 1,880. the next day we had 1,833. The following month we had 1,945 in the mourning then 1,910 in the afternoon. Yesterday it was 1931. Now we dropped to 1,880 again.

Davis CA
Username hidden
(149 posts)
I agree, this feature is pretty useless to me other than to satisfy idle curiosity. My guess is that the number of views is for the last 90 days instead of 30. I just looked and have right at 1500 views; can't imagine 50 people per day wanting to look at my profile.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10833 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   41 to 50 of 83   End
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day