Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day : Swingers Discussion 1956451021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWhy does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Webmaster & ProfileReview,

I for one believe that you have it now completely right. Before when the number did nothing but increase it was worthless as a marketing tool. One was unable to measure the effective of forum postings, photo or whether hotdates were making an effect at all.

My one question is whether it is 30 or 90 day rolling views.

I excerpt here from the Complaints of a Single Male thread my own use of profile views.

10. Marketing tools: Your profile is your marketing tool. You are an unknown commodity, so long copy sells. It is your opportunity to pitch your personality and hopefully overcome physical flaws or, in my case, deal with ethnicity, health issues and biased cultural presumptions. Photos: you need plenty of them. Certs: Are your customer reviews.

11. Advertising:

Passive is best for single males. Passive includes: Hot dates, signing up for events (don't go if they are overly expensive but sign up to as many as possible as it is effective advertisement and opportunity to pick up several certs), forum participation (the goal here is by your controversial participation to drive thread views and thereby profile views as well).

Active: emails and chats. Stay away from active as a single male. Only respond.

Word of mouth: when couples are talking about you over dinner you have effectively created a brand.

12. How to measure market penetration: Well, aside from the obvious of how much sex you're having along with the certs and pics that hubbies send you, your home page has a recent views statistic. Engage in advertising in order to maintain recents views between 7,000 to 10,000 at all times. You are the product; the views are your product mentions.

13. Recent views will correlate directly with requests for your company. As long as recent views are maintained at these levels, you will no longer be a commodity. The game has been reversed. There is only one of you and thousands of couples viewing you. It becomes a steady state in which you will not be able to meet demand.

Ask not what SLS can do for you, but will the members buy YOUR T-shirts.

Willoughby OH
Username hidden
(123 posts)
We hope the profile view counter will be fixed soon as in it's present setting it serves no useful purpose. We use to enjoy seeing the number of views rise but now seeing them go up & down and being told that's the way it's supposed to be is just ridiculous. Makes you wonder if the site owner is aware of this.

Springfield NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I'll add another vote for AandK's solution. As everyone else has said, a counter doesn't translate into concrete success so it's sort of moot, but it's really annoying to have a tool that serves no purpose. The way it is, it tells us nothing. I would like to know if people have been viewing our profile recently, but the way the counter works now, it tells me nothing about that. We recently went from unpaid to lifetime member status and I was curious if that would have an effect on views... Naturally, with the counter the way it is, it does nothing to help me determine if our views increased or not since that particular change.

Like anyone in the advertising business, or business in general using advertisements, you'd like to know if something you did (a change to your profile for example) had an effect on the attention you recieve. It doesn't have to translate into absolute success, it's just the idea that if you can increase exposure, your chance to succeed will be higher as there is a percentage of people exposed to you that will become successes. The higher your number of exposures, it logically follows you will have a higher the number of successes. If you don't know what's working when you change something on your profile, what's the point of changing it? A counter that reset when you wanted it to would be immensely helpful.

Good idea AandK!

Bartlett TN
Username hidden
(66 posts)
Any comments from the support staff?

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Soldier: Those lights are blinking out of sequence. Buck Murdock: I see. Soldier: What should we do? Buck Murdock: Make them blink in sequence.

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(453 posts)
my point exactly !!. the way I understood it was that the "counter" takes the number from 90 days ago and starts fom there, then the next day it drops that number and starts from the new 90 day number therefore it is imposible to know what the count is unless you are on when it changes and write the new number down and do this each day to make any sense of it .

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(292 posts)
AandKForFun makes very good points.

This site reminds me of the government, every time they think they are fixing something they fuck it up more !

First off: what time do the views reset each day ?

If it's midnight and i don't sign on till noon then i have no clue how many people viewed my profile since i don't know what number it started at for the day.

if I don't sign on for a few days and my count goes down, then i have no clue how many looked at my profile and i would think something is wrong with people getting to my profile.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
Well as it was explained before this is not an average of any kind. It is the total number of views for the previous 90 days. It changes once a night to drop off the 91st day.

Niles MI
Username hidden
(144 posts)
A and K I certainly agree, almost any thing that resets would be better than what we have "rolling average 90 days old ? " really ? that is senseless !!

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(292 posts)
uh... why not just make the counter "re-set-able" by each individual profile

if I make changes to my profile and want to see if it generates interest I can reset it to zero and start fresh... without having to do 90 day moving averages with subtractions and other formulas to figure

the counter can also help resolve problems if you are getting NO views, something may be wrong with your profile, a setting, a block, something

why not have a counter that is individually set and reset by each profile?

nahhhhh , that makes too much sense......

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(453 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   21 to 30 of 83   End
TOPIC: Why does our 'profile views' go up and down every day