Who wants a more functional email system : Swingers Discussion 196600
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWho wants a more functional email system
TOPIC: Who wants a more functional email system
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Awhile back it was mentioned that SLS had developed a better email system but decided not to implement it. I'd like to see one that had fewer folders, or at least that allowed me to create my own folders and move only the emails I wanted there. Being able to sort emails by sender/recipient would also be nice. In short, an email system that we can get for free from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.

If enough members spoke up about it, perhaps SLS would consider it.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Can we please just have the ability to select multiple emails for deletion? It is a pain to have to click on delete for each individual email. I am refering mostly to the group emails that get sent out and not emails from couples/singles that we actually want to respond to.

Doylestown PA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
so, without this "feature" it would be impossible for the second member of a couple to be able to read an email??????

just because a lot of people use this feature to avoid actually indicating to another couple that an email was read, doesn't make it functionally good.........

don't be afraid of change....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(453 posts)
"bringing this back up... the ability to read the email but not having it shown as read is stupid..."

This feature exists because there are couples that use profiles. You have two people using one profile, so with this feature, one of them can read a message at one point in time and then leave it for the other to read later. Lots of members use this feature.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
bringing this back up... the ability to read the email but not having it shown as read is stupid... particularly with this site that works sporatically, makes you wonder if the email that was sent and sits unread ever really made in the persons inbox....

if its read it should be marked read, not his back alley way of reading and email and not having it appear as read to the sender...

makes no sense.....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(453 posts)
For some reason common sense and practicality doesn't seem to run strong with decision makers on here

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
:-p My pleasure.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
I agree, Robert, that it would be helpful to eliminate the ability to read emails without actually opening them for all the reasons you stated. Thanks for posting that idea!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9079 posts)
I find the only real problem I have with the email system to be, how you can view mails and the person sending them will not know you have read the mail. Because of this, single men send more mails then they should. We don't know you have read the mail, many times we think it was buried under the mountain of mails couples and single females get.

I think making it so that we have to actually open the mail and then the sender is told that it was opened, would reduce the multi-emails people get, further it helps prevent emails people are looking for from being buried.

I will admit that extra folders that we can name would be useful.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7587 posts)
A feature I would like on sent emails is an indication about which picture we attached (if any). Is there already a way to find this that I don't know about?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9079 posts)
Lady K, the rich text format button is on the top right of your email message screen.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9079 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Who wants a more functional email system