Website topics other than the home page : Swingers Discussion 240559
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWebsite topics other than the home page
TOPIC: Website topics other than the home page
Created by: so_happy_together
Original Starting post for this thread:
Are updates coming for other parts of the SLS website? SLS seems to be spectacularly successful, in spite of the quality of the website itself. Ignoring look and feel, here are some of the problems I keep running into:

- The email system is a disaster. Unlike any other email system I have ever seen, messages are organized by opened/sent/received/saved. (And I'm not sure what archived is.) Other systems have folders that you can create, and in addition organize by conversation.

- Chat is flaky. Some characters are dropped, e.g. hyphens. Disconnects/reconnects are sometimes frequent.

- Refresh often doesn't refresh the page you're on, but instead goes back to some previous page. Seems to be related to the use of frames.

- Various discrepancies when the same information appears in multiple places, e.g. online status, availability of IM.

- Photo upload and gallery organization is extremely unintuitive. For example, why can't I move a photo among public/private/personal? Picture order has some weird subtleties, e.g. pix appearing on your profile stopping at the first private photo (in the current ordering).

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
We've been seeing one or two profiles that are hundreds of miles away appear on our local "Who's on" page. Anyone else experiencing this the past several days?

Princeton NJ
Username hidden
(250 posts)
In addition, the app for Android is very limited, although it looks a lot better in design and feel than the site.

One flaw of the logo however, is that the stick figure people graphic doesn't really represent the whole nature of the lifestyle. It's just a bunch of people, they could be in church or anything. Generic.

BTW, we are not generic zombies, we are specific zombies. Just sayin.

Farmington MI
Username hidden
(3 posts)
excellent comments, and it sounds like you know what you're talking about in terms of web design and construction. Maybe you could offer to redesign the site!?

And for example right now the site displays weird on a smartphone, a LG g2. Its not optimized for smartphones and many like myself and other people I know use phones to access all kinds of websites, even to the extent of ignoring my computer for months.

Also deleting email takes forever. The email doesn't disappear right away but stays for a long time.

Some of the worst features are inconsistencies in what you have to do to open profiles and pics. You can't just click on the prof picture, you have to click exactly on the screen name printed. That's dumb. Then it's funky and repetitive, requiring too many clicks for example , inside the pictures area. Unintuitive, as you noted.

Just make the entire site user-friendly! It's as if the designer threw it together as fast as he could without thinking about how anyone would want to use the Site when he built it.

Finally, and this might be an android keyboard issue, I don't know... Sometimes when I try to edit copy in a comments box like this or in an email it won't backspace and I have to click on the entire word and delete it. Also it starts with a capital letter in the middle of the word or sentence! Really funky, really annoying!

If y'all don't fix this thing ASAP I'm coming after you and I'm going to eat your brains.

Farmington MI
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Are updates coming for other parts of the SLS website? SLS seems to be spectacularly successful, in spite of the quality of the website itself. Ignoring look and feel, here are some of the problems I keep running into:

- The email system is a disaster. Unlike any other email system I have ever seen, messages are organized by opened/sent/received/saved. (And I'm not sure what archived is.) Other systems have folders that you can create, and in addition organize by conversation.

- Chat is flaky. Some characters are dropped, e.g. hyphens. Disconnects/reconnects are sometimes frequent.

- Refresh often doesn't refresh the page you're on, but instead goes back to some previous page. Seems to be related to the use of frames.

- Various discrepancies when the same information appears in multiple places, e.g. online status, availability of IM.

- Photo upload and gallery organization is extremely unintuitive. For example, why can't I move a photo among public/private/personal? Picture order has some weird subtleties, e.g. pix appearing on your profile stopping at the first private photo (in the current ordering).

Acton ME
Username hidden
(16 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Website topics other than the home page