Website is burried in the past : Swingers Discussion 197037
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWebsite is burried in the past
TOPIC: Website is burried in the past
Created by: Michael972
Original Starting post for this thread:
I am sure this concern has been raised before. This is 2012 and this website design in rooted in 1997. With the money SLS makes, surely they could improve the design to something more modern than an old frames-based design. I am certain the website makes more in paid memberships than their server costs. In this day and age, websites of this size and popularity really should be more "friendly." This site does not work with mobile devices. I've tried with ipad, iphone, kindle fire. No dice. I for one will not be renewing paid membership again and i implore the owners of SLS to consider modernizing the site.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Greetings all, The couple from Texas is absolutely correct this site needs attention. The only good thing is the little bird up in the corner when you got mail. For the money we spend they need to upgrade the interface, updated to be used with mobile devices, better picture up load and chatting service. As far as the people on here, We been coming across some serious mental cases. We do connect with single girls but they seem just as bad as what I read about single guys. I have personally reported a few ladies that were doing scamming to the administrator myself. In the age of internet mobility they need to accommodate todays needs.

Chula Vista CA

Username hidden
(1 post)
Could care less, the site works and it works fine for us for all the years we have been here. Only person it would matter to is someone who works in IT and its just annoying to them... maybe. Still a good site. We have been on several other sites the same amount of time we have here, and this is the ONLY and I mean ONLY site we consistently have luck with talking to real people and meeting real people. The communications amongst members is better here, other sites people do not login for ages at a time. And the quality of people are better here also. Maybe there is something to say about a site that does not have the newest slickest glossiest look. Maybe thats why we have better luck here, because the people here are serious and didnt sign up here for its looks.... they didnt sign up because they wanted to facebook swing style. They signed up here because they are serious about talking to and meeting people serious about swinging.

Rocky Point NC

Username hidden
(20 posts)
Now I know why we met very few people if any on the other sites and meet a lot of people here. It's because they are to modern for us lol. We have a lot of success here because like this site we are antiquated lol.

Davis CA

Username hidden
(149 posts)
I can't see that the data migration would be a huge issue, assuming this site is based on a mySQL database, which I'm sure it probably is. Porting the database to a new design would take time, yes, but is not impossible, and given the revenue that SLS takes in from paid members (and there are a lot of us) they should make the effort.

Irving TX

Username hidden
(8 posts)
My guess is the outer design is not the problem. That many people can do. The big problem is going to be a migration of data from this system to whatever they use. About the only way to do that is to slowly rewrite each piece into something that is more commonly used today (ie asp or aspx). I would think once that is done changing away from the current design would not be that big of a deal. Since if it is done correctly it would all be template based and you just modify the templates at that point.

Niles MI

Username hidden
(157 posts)
Just to keep this thread alive in hopes that someone who works with SLS heeds it. My field is internet technology, and I do web design in my spare time. I'd be happy to remap this site for you guys. But seriously, as it stands I do not intent to renew my paid membership after it expires at the end of march. And I have been a paying member of SLS for nearly 9 years. Their lack of customer service leaves me only one option: to respond by closing my wallet.

Irving TX

Username hidden
(8 posts)
When this site was initially designed a decade ago it probably was state of the art. Personally I don't care if it still uses frames or ColdFusion or Flash or whatever, as long as it works consistently. It would be nice if they carried forward the recent improvements to email (which added rich-text) by streamlining the folders layout and otherwide making the system closer to what Yahoo, Hotmail and GMail offer. Other than that I don't really care; I've said before that it's the real people here that matter to me more than the site technology (as long as it works).

And speaking of people, welcome KalamazooFunCupl. Your tag line seems like it's calling me; ha. Hope you stick around and enjoy the forums.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10427 posts)
We have experienced upload errors in the past. But it has always come down to a problem from this end. Mainly being that we are uploading an image that is to high of a resolution so it is a very large file. If there is a file size limit it might be nice to know what that is and have it displayed on the upload screens somewhere.

Niles MI

Username hidden
(157 posts)
I've experienced upload failures but if you say that's not the case then I guess it was a figment of my imagination...

nothing to see here, nothing wrong with the site, its all in your mind....

Grosse Pointe MI

Username hidden
(416 posts)
My point is if this is considered one of the top sites why do they need to change. Again yes we would love to see some changes but then again the simple design actually to us makes things easier. There are features that could be improved on and some things that should be fixed to handle the load. Many sites go through that kind of problem as they grow. I would assume if you take this same site and decrease the number of users it wouldn't be a problem. Take the pictures for example. In the mornings and really late at night they don't tend to be a problem. But that is when the number of people online is much lower. During the more peek times is when there are problems. This is a load issue that should get addressed to allow for the increased loads. Or a replacement put in which it sounds like is being worked on. Honestly I do agree that Dashboard doesn't seem to want to spend much on this site as they only have a few people that really do anything with it. I think if they did sit and spend some time and money working on it this could easily become the biggest site out there. But they have to do things that are in the best interest of us the users which may be different than what they want themselves.

Niles MI

Username hidden
(157 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Website is burried in the past