Web addresses in emails and forum posts : Swingers Discussion 196719
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteWeb addresses in emails and forum posts
TOPIC: Web addresses in emails and forum posts
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Would (should) SLS consider removing or altering its filter restricting use of web links in emails and/or forum posts? People use them anyway by inserting spaces, but it's a PITA to follow, especially on an iPhone. People like to share YouTube links, news articles, and a variety of other online items of interest.

The only justifications I can think of for keeping the filter are to reduce spam, and to prevent mentioning competitors. The latter could be accomplished by simply filtering against known competitors. Spam doesn't seem to be much of a problem, as we users are pretty good about reporting spammers and getting them booted.

Isn't it time (or past time) to get rid of this silly filter?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 2 of 2 
User Details are only visible to members.
Sounds like a great idea to me :)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2308 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
Would (should) SLS consider removing or altering its filter restricting use of web links in emails and/or forum posts? People use them anyway by inserting spaces, but it's a PITA to follow, especially on an iPhone. People like to share YouTube links, news articles, and a variety of other online items of interest.

The only justifications I can think of for keeping the filter are to reduce spam, and to prevent mentioning competitors. The latter could be accomplished by simply filtering against known competitors. Spam doesn't seem to be much of a problem, as we users are pretty good about reporting spammers and getting them booted.

Isn't it time (or past time) to get rid of this silly filter?

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 2 of 2 
TOPIC: Web addresses in emails and forum posts