Help
FORUMS › Suggestions › Website › Web addresses in emails and forum posts
TOPIC: Web_addresses_in_emails_and_forum_posts
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Would (should) SLS consider removing or altering its filter restricting use of web links in emails and/or forum posts? People use them anyway by inserting spaces, but it's a PITA to follow, especially on an iPhone. People like to share YouTube links, news articles, and a variety of other online items of interest.

The only justifications I can think of for keeping the filter are to reduce spam, and to prevent mentioning competitors. The latter could be accomplished by simply filtering against known competitors. Spam doesn't seem to be much of a problem, as we users are pretty good about reporting spammers and getting them booted.

Isn't it time (or past time) to get rid of this silly filter?

1 to 2 of 2
User Details are only visible to members.
Sounds like a great idea to me :)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
Would (should) SLS consider removing or altering its filter restricting use of web links in emails and/or forum posts? People use them anyway by inserting spaces, but it's a PITA to follow, especially on an iPhone. People like to share YouTube links, news articles, and a variety of other online items of interest.

The only justifications I can think of for keeping the filter are to reduce spam, and to prevent mentioning competitors. The latter could be accomplished by simply filtering against known competitors. Spam doesn't seem to be much of a problem, as we users are pretty good about reporting spammers and getting them booted.

Isn't it time (or past time) to get rid of this silly filter?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(12867 posts)
1 to 2 of 2
TOPIC: Web addresses in emails and forum posts
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.