Unread emails : Swingers Discussion 195750
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteUnread emails
TOPIC: Unread emails
Created by: ApocalypseRaven The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Melvin I doubt the phenomenon has anything to do with you being a single male. It most likely has to do with people being people, and life.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19237 posts)
"It seems that sometimes a couple or someone will message us, we'll respond back, and it will sit there unread FOREVER. Like they'll never open it. And it's not like they haven't logged in. I find it hard to believe that they just didn't notice they had mail either. Especially when they were the ones who first contacted us. Part of us want to message again to make sure they even got the response and the other part just doesn't want to annoy the crap out of them"

Based on the ABOVE COMMENT IT SOUNDED LIKE YOU HAD MORE THAN ONE ISSUE !

But thanks for yelling louder so everyone could be clear on exactly what the problem is lol.

Goodness!

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5268 posts)
Do you screen your calls? Do you answer every call you get? Do you call back those who leave a message selling something you have no interest in? If I leave you a message trying to sell you a Hoover Vacuum when you specifically want a Kirby are you going to response with a thank you kindly and good luck to you message? I can't for the life of me see how this is any different. We don't ever "open" our mail although we read them all. Opening an email means it moves off the front page into one folder or another and IF I chose to respond I have to go to go look for it. As a couple who both read emails moving it off the main pages means that one or the other of us might miss a message. Mr Sav generally reads mail before I do but I handle all email corresponding. Our system of never opening an email simplifies things for us and frankly I could not care less whether someone needs to or wants to see if in fact we read their mail. Nor do I feel I OWE EVERYONE a response......most especially those who clearly didn't bother reading what we are looking for.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5268 posts)
swampcouple

Hit the nail on the head. If your lucky enough to get a notification of a sls mail people will read the message there and look at the profile to see if they warrant a reply.

Many people seem to think a no response is a no thanks. One couple we use to be friends with say this in their reply "if you do not get a reponse from with us within a few days you should consider it a no thanks." Yet they also ask for people to have class and respond to emails if they send one out.

I am sure people will differ on this subject but to me one should send a reply telling them no thanks. There are canned statements on here that make it very easy.

Not sure how to cure the problem of people "prereading" messages but people should reply in our opinion.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Neva mind, sees that you posted another showed you She had responded.

Glich? WHo knows, when we get an email we usually look at the profile, and manytimes as not, unless its addressed to SWoK we will not open but just deleate it.

Hot Springs National Park AR
Username hidden
(155 posts)
Sorry, but we wonder what this has to do with the website?

Hot Springs National Park AR
Username hidden
(155 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Unread emails