Site Suggestions: Advanced search and other improvments : Swingers Discussion 39882
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteSite Suggestions: Advanced search and other improvments
TOPIC: Site Suggestions: Advanced search and other improvments
Created by: alexdsp2004
Original Starting post for this thread:
We would love to see more advanced search features such as: 1. Full text profile search. 2. Search by account type: (Lifetime member, Paid, Free) 3. Member since (More or Less then) Mailbox section: Is any chance the user interface of mailbox section could become more user friendly. I think the ideas of easiest way of managing emails could be taken from any other web based mail client. I just would love to see emails grouped by profile name, read/unread status. Just my 0.25 USD ;)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
While we're at it...how about being able to click on the the Certification check mark thingy from the "who's on" or "search" page instead of having to open up the profile. Surely that can't be too difficult to program????? Or are we asking too much? :)

Odessa TX

Username hidden
(28 posts)
Love to see a section devoted to helping single male swingers identify and connect with other female singles to be able to become a couple since most profiles on the site are looking for other couples first. Since there is such a demand for the single female, this suggestion is really from the male side looking to have a committed relationship with a woman who also shares his interest in swinging. Rick PS - Love the spell-check feature!

Akron OH

Username hidden
(2 posts)
All of these suggestions are things we have considered and weighed in the past. We always consider the performance impact an addition would make, the usefulness of a change and how much more complicated things would be for new users. We always try to keep things as simple as possible. Many websites have tons of cool features that make the site so complicated that potential new users decide not to bother learning how things work and find an easier site to use.

I've looked into full text search and the problem is keeping the full text catalog up to date. Updates take a long time and busy up the database server. The only way to do it without impacting site performance would be to add a dedicated database server, A complicated and expensive process.

You can search by paid or not paid. This includes all paid-lifetime-charter. Expanding that search criteria would impact performance too much.

You can see new today and new this week from a home page link. Searching by date created could be done, but I'm not sure it would be a valuable enough addition.

We plan to make changes to the mailbox system, but it may be a while before we get to it.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
We would love to see more advanced search features such as: 1. Full text profile search. 2. Search by account type: (Lifetime member, Paid, Free) 3. Member since (More or Less then)

Mailbox section: Is any chance the user interface of mailbox section could become more user friendly. I think the ideas of easiest way of managing emails could be taken from any other web based mail client. I just would love to see emails grouped by profile name, read/unread status.

Just my 0.25 USD ;)

Brooklyn NY

Username hidden
(4 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Site Suggestions: Advanced search and other improvments