Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Suggestions Website Sell, Trade or Barter
TOPIC: Sell, Trade or Barter
Created by: savandwin
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'd love to see a place where we could post pics specifically of items we no longer want . Items or services for sale, freebies etc would be very helpful. I am sure there are many women like me who have a plethora of Lifestyle outfits they will never wear again. It would be nice to be able to sell them, trade them or give them away.

Mrs Sav

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Mrs Sav, just send me your cast-offs, that is, if you deem me worthy.... You hot sexy woman, you.

Brunnerville PA
Username hidden
(326 posts)
Good idea, but in order for this to work, that would mean the site would have to allow us to post pics and pic hosting isn't exactly this site's strong suit. Not to mention that hosting pics can be costly. I really wouldn't blame the site if they didn't want to take on that extra cost and the work that goes with it. Actually, I'd prefer if they didn't. Why create more work for them when they can't even handle the site as it is now?

Creating the new forum would probably be easy enough (though I do have my doubts that they could pull it off without any major issues) but rather than putting it on the site to host the pics, just use any of the hundreds of free online photo hosting sites like Picasa (by Google) or Instagram, etc, etc.

I have a "dummy account" with Google that I use whenever I need to provide my email address so that my main account doesn't get spammed. Within that dummy Google account, I use their Picasa Albums whenever I have a yard sale. I take pics of the bigger/nicer items that I'll be putting out and upload them to an album. Then I create a Craigslist ad for the yard sale and just paste the album link to my ad. Each photo has a brief description of the item along with asking price.

So if a new forum were created, you could really just use Picasa (or any other online album) for your pics and just post the link in the forum. Here's an example from a sale we had last August before we moved. I actually got A LOT of compliments from people who stopped by saying that it was great for them to be able to see so many of the items before coming over. We ended up "making" over $500 that weekend.

picasaweb . google . com/102343978886886344003/ForSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCIrWybbD5dSARQ

Of course, if you are selling something on Craigslist or Ebay Classifieds, it'd probably be just as easy to just post that link for others to see as well.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Another site we were on had a section for "sales" it was terrific.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
Perhaps a new category under the Toys & Lingerie section.

We gave all of Mrs. VA's corsets to a friend of ours when she lost all of weight.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20263 posts)
Not a bad idea.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20263 posts)
I'd love to see a place where we could post pics specifically of items we no longer want . Items or services for sale, freebies etc would be very helpful. I am sure there are many women like me who have a plethora of Lifestyle outfits they will never wear again. It would be nice to be able to sell them, trade them or give them away.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Sell, Trade or Barter