Search Function : Swingers Discussion 221001101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteSearch Function
TOPIC: Search Function
Created by: JackDarlene
Original Starting post for this thread:
How difficult would it be to add an element in the Search window that would allow members to filter on the "Desired Age Range"? I get really, Really tired of running searches for swingers in our area and having the results come up totally dominated by people who have absolutely no interest in hearing from people our ages! If we could run searches that would eliminate profiles where we're outside of their "Desired Age Range", it would save a Lot of wasted time and effort hunting through hundreds of results and discarding profile after profile because we're the wrong ages. Perhaps just a simple "Yes/No" in the search criteria to exclude profiles with a "Desired Age Range" that does not include our stated ages? I know that this has been suggested before.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hear , hear , Jack and Darlene hit it right on the head , fix the games for the nonswingers , screw the people who actually use the site for its intended purpose

Titusville PA

Username hidden
(277 posts)
When it stops being fun for you it might be time to step back. You can solve your own problem but instead chose to be angry...it makes no sense to me.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
"this site has far more important issues to deal with"?? Do you mean more important issues like coding Swing Club Tycoon to work on SLS? The email function sucks, IM sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and the search filters are deficient, but having Swing Club Tycoon on SLS really rings my bell. It's evident that what effort is being put into polishing the site is going into games and not functionality. End of discussion. Have a wonderful day.

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(789 posts)
"Workarounds aren't fixes and are only suitable when a fix isn't going to happen for whatever reason. "

You make the assumption it is broken if you believe it needs fixing. I myself am a problem solver . You're being "tired" of seeing people who are not a match for you can be solved by you in many ways, ways you chose to not handle it. No offense intended here but this site has far more important issues to deal with than your boredom of seeing the same old faces who for one reason or another aren't a match. If you're tired of them block them, if you want to see new people than look for "new" people , narrow your own search options or simply accept there will always be far more people not interest in you than are and if it exhausts, frustrates you or makes you unhappy stop looking and let them come to you.

Sweating the little things really isn't healthy.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
"I'm still awaiting a response from the SLS SysOp; Easy or Difficult? Only the SysOp knows the DB details enough to provide an authoritative response."

Really, Jack?

You think that SLS has a large IT staff with lots of experienced programmers and a full-time sysop?

The SLS folks who respond on this forum are nice people, but none of them are, or pretend to be, familiar with the details of all the technology behind this web site.

Further, if there were a sysop as you imagine, do you suppose that person would be empowered to set priorities and commit resources to (or even comment on) user-proposed projects? Especially given the major problems SLS is experiencing at the moment?

One as experienced as yourself in the field certainly must know that the sysop does none of these things.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC

Username hidden
(243 posts)
One can always hope. :-)

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(789 posts)
Quote JackDarlene: "Workarounds aren't fixes and are only suitable when a fix isn't going to happen for whatever reason. "

You have been members on SLS since 2003 and you really think a fix is going to happen???? PLEASE!!!!

Grosse Pointe MI

Username hidden
(426 posts)
Good suggestion, SavAndWin, except that A) it wouldn't include any members who changed their "Preferred Age Range" (it does happen) and B) would not fix the issue, but would simply be a workaround of an ongoing problem. Workarounds aren't fixes and are only suitable when a fix isn't going to happen for whatever reason.

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(789 posts)
" I get really, Really tired of running searches for swingers in our area and having the results come up totally dominated by people who have absolutely no interest in hearing from people our ages! "

If you've seen all the profiles and are tired of seeing those you have already excluded why not simply use the feature provided that would only show you NEW profiles. It would seem to me that you're problem would be solved immediately.

Just a thought,

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
StGala; As a computer professional of many, many years experience I understand the complexities of database construction and maintenance. Perhaps even better than you. Depending on how the database is built, what particular DB package is used and how it is coded and what coding/scripting language is used, the logical algorithms used, and what add-on's are included, enhancing the search filter function can be either a fairly straight forward operation or it can be a nightmare of inter-related complexities.

I'm still awaiting a response from the SLS SysOp; Easy or Difficult? Only the SysOp knows the DB details enough to provide an authoritative response. Everyone else is simply providing uninformed opinions.

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(789 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 27   End
TOPIC: Search Function