Response Ratio : Swingers Discussion 34943
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteResponse Ratio
TOPIC: Response Ratio
Created by: ZigNYur
Original Starting post for this thread:
Writing emails and never getting a response is getting more and more frustrating. I'd like to see a Mail Ratio (like the old BBSs used to have) that gages how many emails are received and how many are replied to. The higher the ratio number the better a person is at repsonding. This would REALLy help weed out fakes, noshows, pic hounds, and the like. The ratio is simple: (number of replied mails/number of received mails) = ratio (ie; .78, .95, .33 etc) Just my thoughts.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
One more comment, then I'll drop this, since it is veering off topic. If you have read MY profile, that is what I seek out. I ONLY inquire to ads seeking males and mostly a conservative type. That's a fact. My ad is clear, their ads are clear. Half of my inquiries are not even read. That I Don't understand. As to being blocked, was just puzzling, and you can offer your opinion on this, was from just a few people who had expressed and interest in connecting, said they would get back to me, and when I followed up, I was blocked. To me, that is just completely unacceptable behavior. But, at this point, the reality of what people do or don't is finally sinking in and I accept that as the rules of the game. And I HAVE always been polite and tactful in my inquires.

Silver Spring MD

Username hidden
(21 posts)
There are a couple of good points made here about a response ratio counter. I agree with Zodan that some emails are obviously the last response in a conversation that requires no response. You couldn't account for that in this type of a statistic. Also, we've tried to respond to everyone who seemed to fit our profile, and even those who didn't. But as like2wish says, there are lots of people who simply don't read the profile. Even though our profile clearly shows that we are not interested in single males, approximately half of our 'first contacts' came from single males. It began to be cumbersome to reply to all of them (and, admittedly, a little disappointing when we saw we got a new mail, then discovered it was, once again, from someone who didn't read the profile). The remedy, of course, was to just block single males, which we did. But I wouldn't want to have been identified as someone who was 'flaky' because not all of those got a response before we blocked. Finally, we are courteous and try to respond to everyone, but again, it is a private matter. If someone chose not to respond to us, we would take that as an answer and move on.

Clovis CA

Username hidden
(80 posts)
This is a BAD idea (yeah, we're repeating ourselves).

Let's take msteve999 comment (and NOT to pick on him), "I only contacted members whose profile I would fit and have ALWAYS been tactful and polite" Sorry, but this is largely his opinion. Unless SLS is wiling to set up a judge and jury system to investigate profiles and note content for these types of things, INCLUDING chats that may have occured, which they won't, a system like the one proposed proves NOTHING.

For the record, we reply to most all of our incoming mail. Yes or no, polite notes get as polite a repsonse. RUDE notes get repsonses that are twice as rude. Hey, our response ratio would be great! But lots of those rude people would prefer that we just ignored them.

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
Note to Penbuttons: Personally blocked. From those who just simply haven't responded - if they do, they do, if they don't, they don't. I've taken enough heat on the matter of my persistant follow-ups, even though I eventually recently got a couple of apologetic and positive returns. Just can't force the issue. Lessons learned.

Silver Spring MD

Username hidden
(21 posts)
It's a good idea with many benifits and many drawbacks. It would also be a strain on the database to keep track of such stats. So, while that item is on my list of possible additions, it's not something that will happen any time soon. It's also useful to look at a users status to determine if it's worth while writting....Paid, Pics, Certified...

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
Just discovered this thread. I'd like to invite you to the one I had started in Maryland under Coutesy Responses. It seemed to start off well, then got nasty. Would welcome comments as to whether my points were vaild or you agree with the criticism. I would emphasize that I only contacted members whose profile I would fit and have ALWAYS been tactful and polite with my follow-ups. The blocks that were put on me were a mystery as they came on the heels of having expressed an interest to connect, then suddenly I couldn't contact them. You be the judge.

Steve

Silver Spring MD

Username hidden
(21 posts)
I'll be very honest and say right up front that I do NOT respond to every email we receive. We state rather clearly in our profile what we are interested in and what we are not interested in. If we get email from someone who clearly doesn't fit into what we stated we are seeking, then obviously they didn't take the time to read our profile. In that case, I don't feel obligated to take the time to respond.

I DO respond to every single email that comes from people with profiles that indicate they fit what we said we were seekiing. If there's a "nonresponse ratio" calculated for us, it would reflect the proportion of people who contact us who clearly don't fit our "criteria" yet emailed us anyway.

We feel that people who email us but clearly don't fit are just sending out broadcast emails in the hopes that they will get a hit - just like the junk mail in your snail mail. If you send out 1,000 pieces of junk mail and get a 3% response, you've got 30 potential sales. The same principle applies to broadcast email.

We will continue to respond to people who fit what we say in our profile we are looking for, and we will continue to ignore email from people who clearly don't. They either don't even bother to read our profile, or don't show respect for what we said. In either case, they aren't worth the time to bother with.

Just my opinion, but it's mine, and I've got a right to it.

Jim

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
CuriousMale56, you shouldn't automatically include yourself in the offending group. There are many single males on SLS who are polite. And we don't mean to include them when we write about the "rude & crude" ones. There are also rude and crude couples, though they seem pretty rare.

People who are polite should get polite in return. People who are rude... well, bet you can figure out how we were going to finish that.

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
There have been polls taken on this, throughout the forums. And people disagreeing with this type of thing outnumber the others by 10 to 1, easily.

A private message is just that, private. What someone does with it is no one else's business.

We've noticed a trend in couples who like these ideas. THEY DON'T LOOK FOR SINGLE GUYS. We suggest you, as an experiment, open your profile up to single men. You'll get a flurry of rude and crude emails that don' merit response.

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
Forgive me but its 4:30am and I've had little sleep.

The number of emails replied to is not a privacy issue -its a courtesy issue.

As a paying member I'd like this type of tool. Not only can it reflect how courteous one is, but how serious they are in the long run.

Now I am not going to be one shouting that this must be done in order to keep me around - I'm here for other reasons. But if our wise and venerable webmaster/webmistress institituted a poll and it came out in favor of a ratio type of indicator, I believe only those that would a lower number would feel threatened and likewise subsequentially possibly leave the site.

Of course this method is just more private than having your name show up in the "NR" list.

Like I said earlier (I think), its just my 2 cents, Im not going to lose any sleep over this. But if one feels threatened over this type of indicator, it will be those facing a less than desireable number showing the level of disrepect that will eventually be disocvered anyway. Its just a matter of how those on the receiving end choose to handle it as to whether this idea is a more PC way of weeding out losers.

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Response Ratio