Posting history limited to 100 posts : Swingers Discussion 196604
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitePosting history limited to 100 posts
TOPIC: Posting history limited to 100 posts
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
There are times when I'd like to see more than just the last 100 posts by a member. One member once recommended a book to me, but I didn't make a note of it then and can't remember which freewheeling thread it was in. It would be nice to scroll back through her posts to find it.

In politics, there have been some good posts with things like historical federal budget numbers posted. The issues resurface, but you can't wade back through all the gibberish to find the good posts, even though you remember who posted them.

If nothing else, I'd like to be able to scroll back through my own posts further than the last 100.

Is this something anyone else would like? And if so, how hard would it be for the programmers to remove the 100 post limit?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree with passion.....

Whats the difference, we wait for many other things. Pictures probably being on the top of the list.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
I guess only a DBA could tell us whether the load on a server is a function of how many records are searched vs how many are returned.

Strange though, that server burden would be the reason for limiting a search for text records but not for profiles. I just did a search for every profile (no filters) within a 1,000 radius of me and it returned over 216,000 records.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"and had to wait about 30 seconds for them to load."

We wait longer than that for most every other feature to load or work properly. What's the difference? And I'm not being an ass. :-)

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
I doubt it would put that much of a drain on a server.

Word searches in the forums now return 500 results. Speaking of which, could those searches be returned in some sort of meaningful order? Such as date descending?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"Is this something anyone else would like? And if so, how hard would it be for the programmers to remove the 100 post limit?"

Not hard at all, all they would have to do in the code area that has the code for post limit is change it from 100 to something like 200 or 300 or more.

if they coded correctly in the first place it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do.

Would a search work for older than 100 post ?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
There are times when I'd like to see more than just the last 100 posts by a member. One member once recommended a book to me, but I didn't make a note of it then and can't remember which freewheeling thread it was in. It would be nice to scroll back through her posts to find it.

In politics, there have been some good posts with things like historical federal budget numbers posted. The issues resurface, but you can't wade back through all the gibberish to find the good posts, even though you remember who posted them.

If nothing else, I'd like to be able to scroll back through my own posts further than the last 100.

Is this something anyone else would like? And if so, how hard would it be for the programmers to remove the 100 post limit?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Posting history limited to 100 posts