Please fix this site : Swingers Discussion 209633101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitePlease fix this site
TOPIC: Please fix this site
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
"We're sorry, it appears the web page you are tying to access is having some difficulty processing your request. Our support staff has been notified. We will correct the problem as soon as possible. Return to Home Page, or click your back arrow to try again." The server errors are getting pretty aggravating. Two weeks ago we were told that they were due to rebooting the servers and that the problems were fixed. It's getting worse. Please, do yourselves and everyone a favor by bringing in whatever pros are needed to figure this stuff out and fix it.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 42   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yup! I'm just tired of complaining about it. I simply gave up.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
"Mark, are you aware that those frequent page-loading errors are back?

Some of them are 503 errors, but most of them say this:

We're sorry, it appears the web page you are tying to access is having some difficulty processing your request. Our support staff has been notified. We will correct the problem as soon as possible. Return to Home Page, or click your back arrow to try again."

That was my post here over 150 days ago. The problem still persists, often, when I'm accessing the forums through my iPhone. Over the past few days, additional "remote gateway" errors have prevented pages from loading.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10406 posts)
The 3 digit number is in the right hand frame. As I type this in the forum, it appears just under the 4 person SLS logo, and this time, it says "SLS-129". When I posted last time, it was just "155".

And, yes, an upgrade to a NON-FRAMES site would be a fix.

Morrison CO

Username hidden
(352 posts)
I don't know what 3 digit number you are referring to. As for updating the site, you can't request updates and fixes at the same time. We've been working on the problems for quite some time, but as the site continues to grow, more problems develop. It's easy for small sites to spend a lot of time of features and looks when they don't have a ton of members to support or many servers to keep running. Problems need to get resolve first, which we are working on. Many of the issues were hardware related, and a great deal of effort and expense has gone into new hardware.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
And this was the error we got trying to get back to his profile again:

No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Morrison CO

Username hidden
(352 posts)
And no, the pictures are NOT under control. For example, check the profile of the most recent "Opened" email in our folder. The gentleman was kind enough to unlock one of his private folders for us. Yesterday, it was viewable, albeit took 10 reloads of the page to get it to load. Now, ALL but the cover photo now come up as "X". Please get this freaking site FIXED!

Morrison CO

Username hidden
(352 posts)
Well, since we apparently have the attention of THE Webmaster, how about an update on the antiquity of the site in general. There still appears to be nagging issues throughout the site, both on the computer and when viewing the site on a mobile platform (i.e. full site on Dolphin or Android). Any update as to why the site was giving a 503 error for most of the morning? Also, why do all of the frames now have a 3 digit number in the upper left hand corner? Does SLS have any plans to update out of early '90's programming? Honestly, the only reason we've stayed with SLS is b/c we've already paid for a lifetime membership. We are on competing websites that actually work more than 80% of the time, have a MUCH smoother interface and like it or not, they are getting members that you are not. Thanks.

Morrison CO

Username hidden
(352 posts)
Pictures and errors appear to be under control now.

Mark no longer works for SLS.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
8:52 PM on 10/31/12 - Pages are taking FOREVER to load. It doesn't seem to target one specific page. Home page, forums, and profiles all seem to be affected. Also, the "Jewel Cruise" attendees will not close on the home page. Lastly, there is still an issue with personal pictures in profiles. One member unlocked theirs for us. We attempted to view the album on an Android through Dolphin. The album loaded the first pic and all of the thumbnails but would not allow us to view the other pics in full size. When we went to the computer (using Chrome) it took refreshing the galleries page 10 times before the thumbnail for the specific personal album loaded to allow entrance to the album. Then it took forever to load all of the pics. PLEASE FIX THIS SITE!

Morrison CO

Username hidden
(352 posts)
Mark, are you aware that those frequent page-loading errors are back?

Some of them are 503 errors, but most of them say this:

We're sorry, it appears the web page you are tying to access is having some difficulty processing your request. Our support staff has been notified. We will correct the problem as soon as possible. Return to Home Page, or click your back arrow to try again.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10406 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 42   End
TOPIC: Please fix this site