Help
FORUMS › Suggestions › Website › Photos - Red and White X's
TOPIC: Photos_-_Red_and_White_X's
« Prev  1 ...  18.1  19.1  20.1  21.1  22.1  23.1  24.1  25.1  26.1  27.1  ... 29  Next »
222 to 231 of 287
User Details are only visible to members.
So it appears this is a problem with the Private pictures that get reviewed by staff. Perhaps a particular staff member is to blame. Someone is doing it wrong. Or the system is just plain broken.

And yes, not being able to share private gallery really hampers our efforts here. This is not what I paid a lifetime membership for last week.

Sheboygan WI
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Yeah, broken image link (or whatever they are) are in our Private gallery too. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong since we are new to the site...but apparently not.

Fix the problem, please.

Sheboygan WI
Username hidden
(3 posts)
rdy2play your lucky my "matching members " are from 40 to 78 miles away and don't match any thing I put in my search or profile ? my random members are all 60 mi or more away

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(353 posts)
I have uploaded my pics in 2 private galleries - when I view my own profile they come up as X's and when I grant access others see them as X's how do I fix this??? It is very frustrating

Clio MI
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Hmm... looks like we're not the only ones with problems. Uploaded 5 new photos to Private Gallery yesterday, but they only show up as "x" on our profile.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(1 post)
They're really bad today.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9291 posts)
We're getting broken pics on both our IE9 and Google Chrome browsers...however, I don't see them when I use my Kindle Fire...which is kind of interesting (don't know if that will help the mods or not).

Username hidden
(112 posts)
6 of my photos in the default private folder have X's instead of the photos. 5 of my 9 photos have an X in my Gallery photos. It's been this way for days.

I did a speed test: Download 33 Mbps Upload 7 Mbps :Latency 10 millisec

I have a Corei5-2450M cpu @ 2.5GHz processor with 4 gigs of memory.

So I don't think it's my internet speed or computer.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(178 posts)
it's definitely site related; not on the user side.

after spending some time and being annoyed by this, it looks like the site is using a round-robin load balancing scheme, and one of the mirrors is out of sync/broken.

here's an easy test for the staff:

upload a photo to a public profile using "tools - upload pictures - public upload" -- do this outside of frames so you can manipulate the URL.

upload the photo, success, you're forwarded to "imagetest" server. refresh the page a few times, all your profile photos are there (hopefully) and the new image appears.

duplicate the tab/window, and change "imagetest" to "ww1". refresh that a few times.

duplicate the tab/window, and change "imagetest" to "www". refresh that a few times. i assume the load balancer steps through "ww2" and "ww3", but i can't access those directly to test -- but subsequent reloads of "www" give different results -- missing images/etc.

it appears that one of your mirrors is broken.

New York NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I'm seeing X'd out photos all over the place, including the most recent three photos we tried to upload. Is there an issue with the site or is this an issue on the user ends?

New Market MD
Username hidden
(196 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  18.1  19.1  20.1  21.1  22.1  23.1  24.1  25.1  26.1  27.1  ... 29  Next »
222 to 231 of 287
TOPIC: Photos - Red and White X's
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.