Photos - Red and White X's : Swingers Discussion 20614610171
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsitePhotos - Red and White X's
TOPIC: Photos - Red and White X's
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 292   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sweet! - Didn't realize that changed for PC. 96dpi images, here I come! LOL

I did not know that! Really, thanks.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Actually its 96 DPI , It's 72 DPI if you use a MAC.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
TB "......making them no more than 600 pixels in the longest dimension (from "help" section of this site). " ---------------------- @TB -there you go again, reading help, profiles, etc....LOL

FYI from a graphics guy - 72DPI resolution is "best" max res for most monitors, anything over that will not really help the quality of the image. 600pixels on the longest side (height or width) x ???? is recommended for uploads on SLS as TB said.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
I vote for #1

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
if image size were a problem there is a VERY easy fix to either reject uploads of files over a certain size or include in the website/programming an automatic resize..... if storage space were a problem it would probably also be beneficial to delete any free accounts that haven't been accessed within the past 6 months, pictures and all... send a few emails to the email they signed up with telling them the account will be deleted by XX/XX/20XX if they do not log in... also make it clear on the sign up page that as a free member, if your account goes inactive over 120 days that it will be deleted...

all this is not happening so either they are either 1. inept and cannot figure out how to do this or 2. storage space is not a problem.......

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(440 posts)
Good comment on the size of photos. I have no idea if this would help the servers, but everyone could take their photos and size them so they are not over 500-600kbs each. I can't remember if it's here or another site, but the limit is 4mb per photo. That is just not necessary to post photos that large.

My camera takes photos that are between 3.5-4MB each and 3264x2448 and when opened are 45"x34".

I resize them down to 250-500kbs, 2048x1536 and 10x7.5 (or smaller) without affecting the quality or pixelating, especially for website viewing.

Note: don't do this with the original photo in case it gets screwed up. Always make a copy.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
I do want to say that we should expect some bumps in the road on sites like these. First off there are no limitations of how many photos you can post. That being said ... the technology of digital photography has advanced very rapidly over the past few years. We keep getting faster cameras with greater resolution for cheaper. And those high resolution photos take up a lot of space on our own home computers. Imagine what a site with as many members as this one has needs to have for photo storage alone. AND when ever new servers or storage is added and content must be moved around a little there will be some glitches. Hell even some lost photos potentially. Each photo is linked to your profile by code (kind of like an address to your house ) and when photos are moved they get new addresses that have to be matched up to their original location if your profile and even gallery. The programmers and management are working in the problems but with a thread as long as this new they can not address every post. I am a member of some sites that only allow for a limited amount of photos to be posted. One only allows you to post 16.

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(73 posts)
I do understand that location has nothing to do with website problems, for those who are wondering. ;^D

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8892 posts)
Having problems with the X's tonight in the Midwest, even on my own profile! The most recently loaded photo isn't always available to post on emails and Forum replies.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8892 posts)
Can't see pictures, awww, now you know how a lot of the SM's feel....LOL J/K

Yep, it was really bad earlier. 1st time I experienced it. I thought they were switching to Braille or something? :-)'

ItsBeen

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 292   End
TOPIC: Photos - Red and White X's