NewsLetters Beta : Swingers Discussion 1072311022
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNewsLetters Beta
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 147   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Unfortunately I do not have a way to manually change that to your name.

Again, the newsletters are in Beta, and we are not quite sure where we are headed with them.

Chrystal

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(479 posts)
Chystal: I managed to invite all of our group members to subscribe to my Personal newsletter for the group -- a grand total of 27 invites. Thus far only 1 of the invitations has been accepted, that being from the former Group Meister.

It would seem that any of three things has happened. 1) Nobody cares (which is unlikely); b) People are thoroughly confused because they think that they are already subscribed to the group newsletter; and/or 3) the notification on their home page is so subtle that they haven't noticed it. All in all, as before, a pretty frustrating exercise.

Because nobody was accepting the invite I did a copy and paste and mailed the newsletter to each member. That was pretty fast except that I got ahead of your timer allowing a max of three mailings per member.

Any chance you can manually transfer the group Newsletter to the new Group Master (me)? I would hate to have to go through all of this again in a week.

Saint Charles MO

Username hidden
(24 posts)
I can understand, and I am sorry for the frustration.

Chrystal

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(479 posts)
Chrystal: Thank you for the additional info. The method worked but does take time. A particular issue is that for a "Personal" newsletter I am only allowed to issue 10 invites per day so it will take 4 days to invite everybody in our small group. I understand the logic but it gets in the way at the moment. It would certainly have been easier if I had been able to establish a Group newsletter and issued invites to everyone at the same time. Even easier would have been if the Group newsletter previously established had gone over with the change of Group Master last week.

I realize that trying to integrate all the possible variations into the program can be a bear and there is always someone who wants things to work a bit differently than the way you had planned it. At the moment it is pretty frustrating but I assume you will work it all out eventually. Thanks for your help. Bob

Saint Charles MO

Username hidden
(24 posts)
You would need to search for the profiles, or if they are in your group, you can do it from there. Once you have opened up their profile, then you would click the invite link which is next to the mail link in their profile.

Chrystal

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(479 posts)
I created a Personal Newsletter for our St. Louis Area Over-50 Swinging Couples (now I cannot find it although I had saved it but that is a different issue). Now I need to create a list. Ha! There is a button to click on! A couple of clicks later I got the following: "You may invite members to join your NewsLetter using the Invite tool on Profiles (near the mail link). "

Unfortunately I cannot find any such tool. Actually, I cannot find anything called "Profiles" or even a "Mail Link." My list of links on the SLS Home Page is Home, Help, Mailbox, Search, Who's On, etc. I don't see anything in the Search page that looks like 'Profiles" or anything in Mailbox that looks like "Mail Link," and nothing that looks like an Invite Tool.

Bob

Saint Charles MO

Username hidden
(24 posts)
This is something that is still in testing phase, and not all the kinks are worked out.

Chrystal

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(479 posts)
When an SLS Group changes hands, why doesn't the group newsletter follow suit?

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(778 posts)
Our SLS Group "St Louis Area Over-50 Swinging Couples" has recently changed from the original Group Master to ourselves. JnD has published a number of newsletters as Group missives. We want to carry on but we don't seem to have a way to "capture" the previously created newsletter name/history. When trying to create a new newsletter the only choice is "Personal." Are we missing something regarding bringing the newsletter along with the Group change of ownership?

Bob

Saint Charles MO

Username hidden
(24 posts)
It appears that the group Newsletter is currently erroring, but you can do a personal newsletter, and that will work. Also, there would be a publish button right next to the preview button.

We are currently working on a different option for the Newsletters, and as they are/were still in Beta, I do not know exactly how much work will be invested in them. The other option that you have, is to post a discussion in your group itself, for the information that you would have included in the newsletter.

Chrystal

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(479 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   22 to 31 of 147   End
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta