NewsLetters Beta : Swingers Discussion 10723110111
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNewsLetters Beta
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   111 to 120 of 149   End
User Details are only visible to members.
the limit is 8000, which includes all rich text formatting (which can easily take more space than the text).

A counter would be nice, not sure if we can do that with the WYSIWYG editor.

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
Is there a limit to the amount of text that a newsletter can contain? If so you should add in a count-down text number block so the owner of an article will know.

Clarksburg WV
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Thank you for the information! We will do that after our next newsletter. Looking forward to the time when you get it set up that when someone signs up for the group/club they can request the newsletter themselves

Thanks again and have a great day

Bartonsville PA
Username hidden
(417 posts)
NewsLetters do not currently have a discussion area, this is something that may be added in the future.

NewsLetter subscriber list is only availalble to the newsletter owner and is now clickable.

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
For Groups and Club Events, the Bulk invite only invites current Group members and current event attendees.

New members do not receive an invite automatically. I plan to add that capability, but have not do so yet.

For now you may want to re-invite after each new article you post.

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
You should now be able to click the subscribers name to go to the profile.

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
Group, Club and Event info are not really supposed to be listed on profiles, however we have not really enforced that because of the lack of a specific section for it.

Now that we have NewsLetters, we are much closer to being in a good position to enforce it, look for that in the next month or so.

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
Once a member subscribes, they can see all past articles, is that enough, or should non-subscribers also see past post beyond the preview?

Kissimmee FL
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
I think I can help here, TxCpl. The newsletters aren't message forums, so no they can't be replied to directly in the newsletter. They're not meant to be. Think of the newsletter as a version of one of those paper hand-outs you find tucked under your windshield wiper when you park at the grocery store. It's a way to make an announcement - nothing more. If you want to reply to a newsletter, you'll need to e-mail the member who wrote it.

We're planning a swinger's campout at a local lake, and we find the newsletter to be a great way to announce updates, added events, or just post general info about it and make sure the people invited will receive it without having to type and send separate e-mails. If members have a question for me, they know to e-mail me through SLS and I'll get back to them. If it's a question that others might like an answer to, or if I get the same question more than once, I create a new newsletter and post the question and the answer. It might seem cumbersome at first, but it is effective. Overall, I think it's a great feature for announcing events.

White City OR
Username hidden
(14 posts)
Well we think we have now figured out the newsletter. If correct its not set up so all members can reply to othere posts. Is this correct?

Also the members shown ,who have joined each group, are shown only but their profile can not be opened by clicking as it is in the regular SLS groups?

These functions would help members stay in touch if they can ever be added.

Thanks for what you have done, and we look forward to other additions.

Jerry & Cecile Garland Texas

Garland TX
Username hidden
(24 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   111 to 120 of 149   End
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta