NewsLetters Beta : Swingers Discussion 1072311011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNewsLetters Beta
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 148   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Why cant I add pictures? How do you do it I know there was the option to. Also Can link the club website?

Tampa FL
Username hidden
(534 posts)
Deja New Events News Letter is now live.

San Fernando Valley and surrounding area like Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Clarita, Antelope Valley and San Gabriel Valley.

Subscribe for current party listing and updated going ons.

Join our Group too. Deja New Events

XO

Jane

Northridge CA
Username hidden
(33 posts)
SLS Managers, Webmaster, & Programmers,

Our group was formed almost 6 months ago by JackDarlene (J/D). Shortly thereafter they created a Group Newsletter to disseminate information about Group Events. Several months ago the Group was transferred to me but the Group Newsletter was not transferred along with the Group Mastership. We have been told it cannot be transferred or even killed completely so a new one can rise from the ashes.

I have reviewed all of the questions that J/D and I have posted to this forum over the past 169 days (at least 90% of all forum posts). None of the questions has been satisfactorily answered. Some have elicited responses from SLS staff but many have not gotten any response whatsoever. For example, J/D's latest post is 24 days old without a response.

The Newsletter is still controlled by J/D. They wrote a new edition several weeks ago and neither they or we have a clue whether it was seen by anyone in our Group or everyone in SLS. I would have been unaware of it if J/D had not told me he had sent it. Even then it took some searching to find it. We don't know the way the Invite system works, how to stop sending the newsletter to members who have left the group (if they ever got them to begin with), etc.

The only way we can reliably send news/reminders of group events is by SLS messaging. We now have about 42 active members which is a lot of clicking and pasting to get the word out. The 3 messages per minute limitation adds to the frustration although we understand the purpose of the limitation.

So once again: How can we transfer the Newsletter to the new Group Master, who exactly gets invitations when we gain members (or why should we have to invite members to get the newsletter at all), etc. as requested over the months?

Bob

Saint Charles MO
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Wayne: we also need to know whether it's possible to reassign Newsletter ownership when group ownership is transferred, and if so...How?

Fairview Heights IL
Username hidden
(789 posts)
Wayne: What we need to know is whether doing a mass invite when we write another newsletter will result in invitations going out to people who are already subscribed, people who have previously declined an invitation, or only to group members who had Not previously been invited to subscribe.

Fairview Heights IL
Username hidden
(789 posts)
"Am I correct that A) newsletters are sent Only to those group members who have accepted the invitation to subscribe."

Yes, only those who have accepted the invitation will have access to your Newsletter.

"B) Invitations to subscribe are Not sent out to those members who have already subscribed?"

If you open an individual profile it will let you know if you have sent an invitation to that profile. I'm actually not sure if the bulk invite sends another invitation to someone who has declined your invitation before. I will have to check on that. I just setup a test and sent out bulk invites, but I will have to wait 24 hours to send out another round to test the results.

Customer Service - Wayne

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Re Newsletter subscriptions; Am I correct that A) newsletters are sent Only to those group members who have accepted the invitation to subscribe, and B) Invitations to subscribe are Not sent out to those members who have already subscribed? Our group has gained several new members and we'd like to insure that they have the ability to get the newsletters without harassing those members who have declined to subscribe.

Fairview Heights IL
Username hidden
(789 posts)
A couple of months ago I became Group Master for the St Louis Area Over-50 Swinging Couples. The previous Group Master had started a Group Newsletter but it did not transfer with the Mastership. Thus the Newsletter function became useless but there did not seem to be any interest by SLS to fix the problem, even as "simple" as a manual transfer of the Newsletter to me. In lieu of any other reasonable way to communicate with Group members I have been individually sending my "newsletters" to each member. Slow, clumbsy, but not impossible with a relatively small group.

Today the old Group Master tried the Newsletter function again to see if we could avoid individual mailings to every Group member. The newsletter notification never showed up on my home page. Earlier I had clicked the Newsletter button on the home page but there was no hint that anything had changed. Later, I tried again.

I clicked Newsletters and the Subscriptions tab. Eight of the "Over-50" newsletters were listed (as individual subscriptions) but every line was identical -- no way to tell there was anything new. I clicked the top line anyway and low and behold another box -- this time listing 6 newsletters and the date they were published. The brand new May 6 edition was at the top.

There are two things one could surmise. First, the notification function is broken. Second, that since I am Group Master the system assumes I wrote the Newsletter and did not need a notification that it existed. This, of course, flies in the face of the failure/inability of SLS to transfer the Group Newsletter with the Group Meistership.

If the other members of the Group aren't getting a reasonable, easy to see, notice then the whole purpose of the newsletter is kaput. It is, as always, very frustrating.

Bob

Saint Charles MO
Username hidden
(24 posts)
The NEWSLETTER feature would be much more useful if it included a way of restricting the viewing of a newsletter to ONLY those who were invited to view it. I see references to a PERSONAL newsletter, but when I created a newsletter to invite people to a party it seems to have been published for everyone to read, which is not what I wanted. Have I missed something or is this feature missing?

Thanks

Hastings On Hudson NY
Username hidden
(20 posts)
Chrystal..."create a discussion in your group" simply ignores the issue. The whole purpose of even Having a group newsletter is to pro-actively disseminate news and information to Group members without requiring them to visit the Group home page every day or using mass emails. "Create a discussion in your group" is the functional equivalent of requiring you to phone your local newspaper office every morning to get your news. As a computer systems professional of over forty years, I can safely say that this newsletter has Not been thoroughly thought through before being coded and implemented.

SLS coded a means of transferring Group ownership, but not of linking or transferring the Group newsletter? We can create a newsletter, but not delete or transfer our own newsletter?? Were SLS my employer, I would strongly recommend pulling it out of service, doing a thorough functional analysis, and recoding it properly. The inability to transfer or delete newsletters is major.

Fairview Heights IL
Username hidden
(789 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 148   End
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta