NewsLetters Beta : Swingers Discussion 10723110101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNewsLetters Beta
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   101 to 110 of 147   End
User Details are only visible to members.
the rafting trip sound great would love to do that maybe even ride the raft in the buff if they willl let us. keep us posted

Mount Morris PA

Username hidden
(3 posts)
Texcpl

I am not sure if this answers your question or not... But I asked webbie if when someone new joined the group, where they asked about getting the newsletter and this is what webbie said to me:

For Groups and Club Events, the Bulk invite only invites current Group members and current event attendees.

New members do not receive an invite automatically. I plan to add that capability, but have not do so yet.

For now you may want to re-invite after each new article you post.

I know that does not answer your question about updates, but it does answer about new members.... Hope that helped abit

Have a great day

Teresa

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(413 posts)
We have a question. When we do a new newsletter update, and publish it, does it go to all who have joined the group?

Garland TX

Username hidden
(24 posts)
At least they didn't release it on a Friday afternoon without warning....or support over the weekend....like countless other upgrades or changes.

Hats off to SLS for being progressive in offering useful features, but we think they often drop the ball on pretesting releases and communicating to members before going live. Still being beta tested live aside, the newsletter release was a big step in the right direction by SLS simply announcing it beforehand.

Saint Paul MN

Username hidden
(474 posts)
Bonnie & Cludes's ....This is how it looks on the Newsletter page, but then spelled correctly in the newsletter...just an FYI

Destin FL

Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Hey Dave & Lisa we are having the same problem with creating a new newsletter. Each time we attempt to save and review it we get the same screen that says the site is too busy try again. Plus we just found out that there is a limitation to the length of a newsletter... another undocumented feature/bug.

I think the main problem with the newsletter is two things. First the SLS people released something that no one took the time to describe. They just said here it is and give it a try. Well there were no expectations set on how to use it or what features it would have and no documentation. The second is that this is a product that is growing and changing as it is being used and is still in some kind of "beta" mood.

Well I can tell you from experience with working for computer companies as an IT Consultant this is a recipe for disaster. Everyone is complaining about this newsletter over and over to the point where even the SLS Admin guy got pissed at us and pulled the feature out of service to cool his jets (come on - grow up people, if you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen). The SLS Admin’s need to better organize it, post some limitations and document them, give examples of what it can do and what it will never do and fix the bugs in it before you release it to the whole site so we don't waste out time troubleshooting your poor implementation.

SLS you get an A+ for your idea but a D- for your execution.

Clarksburg WV

Username hidden
(3 posts)
We are now getting the hang of how the Newsletter works. Our next question may have been covered. If anyone knows the answer please let us know.

Say we are having a house party. We do this from time to time in members homes. We are not a paid party house group. Thus the members do not look for a party until they have a notice.

Is there a way to let the members know an event has been posted? I understand we can not make bulk mailings. Is there a flasher like the mail bird that can alert the members that an event has been posted? Then the member can resopond to the notice to the member having the party.

I assume the flasher would go to all who have joined the group newsletter.

That would be great.

Jerry & Cecile

Garland TX

Username hidden
(24 posts)
the limit is 8000, which includes all rich text formatting (which can easily take more space than the text).

A counter would be nice, not sure if we can do that with the WYSIWYG editor.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
Is there a limit to the amount of text that a newsletter can contain? If so you should add in a count-down text number block so the owner of an article will know.

Clarksburg WV

Username hidden
(3 posts)
Thank you for the information! We will do that after our next newsletter. Looking forward to the time when you get it set up that when someone signs up for the group/club they can request the newsletter themselves

Thanks again and have a great day

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(413 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   101 to 110 of 147   End
TOPIC: NewsLetters Beta