New Instant Messenger: Status Update : Swingers Discussion 226038
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNew Instant Messenger: Status Update
TOPIC: New Instant Messenger: Status Update

STICKY POSTS:
User Details are only visible to members.

To turn off Compatibility Mode in IE:

1. Go to the Tools Menu.
  2. Click "Compatibility View Settings".

If "swinglifestyle.com" is listed under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View", select it then click the "Remove" button.

Also, ensure that "Display all websites in Compatibility View" near the bottom of the dialog is not checked.

Load the "Who's On" page after completing the steps above. Do you see any Green icons?

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(480 posts)
END STICKY POSTS

Created by: SLSQuality
Original Starting post for this thread:
Dear Members,

Since the launch of the new SLS Instant Messaging (IM) System, the majority of members who have tried it have been able to successfully IM and Video IM with other members but we are aware that some members have experienced issues.

We are working on resolving outstanding issues as well as implementing critical features as quickly as possible.

*** Note: All status updates for the SLS IM system will be posted to this forum.

Our CustomerService and TechSupport team members will not be able to provide any additional information while the new IM system is being completed. ***

Please note the following information:

1. The new IM system allows initiating contact with Online and Offline members.

- If the member is ONLINE (bright Green button), they will receive an instant notification that someone would like to speak with them. There are currently 2 notifications - 1 in the main section of the SLS website and 1 at the top left next to the IM On or Off indicator.

- If the member is OFFLINE (light Yellow button), a message will be sent to them which is viewable on their IM log when they next log in.

2. Since the IM button is now displayed for both Online and Offline members, it’s possible that some members who have not responded when contacted were offline or away from their computer when the IM was initiated.

3. While it’s possible to have multiple IM conversations with different members at the same time, it’s only possible to Video IM (with your video camera) with one Profile or Member at a time.

4. If your device or platform doesn't support Flash, IM may not be fully functional at this time.

The following is the most recent status update for features being added:

Based on Planned Features as well as your feedback, the following features among others have been or are expected to be implemented soon.

1. Sound notification when a new IM request is received. Status: Currently being implemented.

2. The ability to visit and view the profile page for the member initiating the chat before Accepting or Declining the request. Status: Currently being implemented.

3. The ability for the IM window to Pop UP. Status: Currently being implemented.

Please note that right now you should be able to drag the Tab where the IM conversation is located outside of the main browser window so that the IM window is separate and can be resized independently. Simply click and hold the top of the Tab where "Video Chat" is displayed then drag it outside of the main window. The main browser window should not be maximized when doing this.

4. The IM window will indicate when the other member is typing. Status: Currently Available.

5. After sending a message, it will no longer be necessary to click within the entry box to send another message, the cursor will remain in place unless you click outside of the entry area. Status: Currently Available.

6. The ability to Enable or Disable the IM Log for your account. Status: Currently being implemented.

7. A Member Guide with instructions for using the new IM system will be made available. Status: Currently being implemented.

8. Paid members will be able to IM Free members. Status: Currently Available.

We’d like to thank all the members who’ve provided feedback to let us know that they’ve been able to successfully chat as well as those posting constructive feedback letting us know what issues they’re experiencing or which features they'd like to see added.

Thank you for your feedback and your patience as we work on completing the new SLS IM.

SwingLifeStyle Team

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 415   End
Same problem w/ the IM here I hope SLS is going to fix it before too long ? its not been working right for two weeks here !!

Titusville PA
Username hidden
(284 posts)
The IM system seems to be extremely flaky of the past couple of days. It was always a bit iffy, but nothing like the past 2 days. Is there an issue being worked on? Or has it been changed somehow recently? It is impossible to stay connected to IM for more than a few minutes at a time.

Roseville CA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Oklahoma here

Ardmore OK
Username hidden
(2 posts)

Hi,

The new IM system currenty allows one on one text and video communications while the Chat system allows multiple simultaneous conversations.

SlsQuality

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(480 posts)
Since I cannot retrieve my mail, I decided to try the IM which hadn't worked for me in a long time. The new one is cool but I can't figure out how to have multiple conversations. When I am chatting with someone I don't know how to keep the active chat on hold and add an additional person.

PLEASE, PLEASE, fix my mailbox! I supposedly now have 15 messages which I cannot open!

The new IM can be fun. I haven't tried the camera yet or mic.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3186 posts)
bruciebear,

Google search is your friend!

?IE "Compatibility view settings"

If you're looking on the tools page of the SLS web site instead of the IE menu item "tools," that's your problem.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Hadn't had problems until today, new SLS contact, we were IM'ing away for 30 minutes or so but then it appears we both got the notification that neither of us was online -- we figured that out after we reconnected via sls email. I closed the chat window and re-opened it again, saw the additional lines he'd typed, but could never connect again. Can't tell you much -- I'm Vista, using Chrome. Everything is MRV (Most Recent Version) of those...

Trophy Club TX
Username hidden
(30 posts)
I'vebeen all through the tools page and I can't find compatibility view settings.

Hillsborough NJ
Username hidden
(1 post)
Thank you very much for your quick response. I greatly appreciate the update that you were able to provide. That archive feature would be very much appreciated! We'll be looking for that feature, hopefully in the near future.

AnD

Livonia MI
Username hidden
(10 posts)

Currently, the IM Log page only shows entries which are 30 days or newer. Log items 31 days and older are no longer displayed.

An Archived feature is being worked on which will allow viewing older IM messages.

An update will be posted when the new feature becomes available.

Thank you,
SlsQuality

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(480 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 415   End