New Home Page Design : Swingers Discussion 228625
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNew Home Page Design
TOPIC: New Home Page Design
Created by: Webmaster
Original Starting post for this thread:
The home page is undergoing many enhancements, the first of which is online now. A few prior concerns have been addressed. discuss here.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 237   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Noticed a few days ago that the Hot Date Event "View the List" page has been "improved" from bland to plain butt ugly. Why superimpose shadowed text over pictures? Not always very readable.

The "Return to Events List" button sends you to the SLS Events page rather than back to the events list in your area. Not what one expects.

The "Legend:" line is redundant.

Albany CA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
We have no problem with change but the new homepage was just ugly. It was a very busy. It seems like it is gone now and the old one is back. Go ahead and update the site, there is nothing wrong with that but get a designer to work on it also. It just needs to be better looking visually.

And most importantly before you change the layout and look of the site get it to work properly. We want our IM to work.

Bronx NY
Username hidden
(7 posts)
Are we missing something? other then the IM's we don't see any other changes. We did notice that we don't always show up as online but other then that everything else looks the same.

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Our IM never stopped working. We get hit up every time we log on.

Henderson NV
Username hidden
(7 posts)
BTW I just read my recent post and it does read a little bit like a rant. We do love SLS and appreciate the hard work.

Redondo Beach CA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
SLS, I think what your users are trying to tell you is this >>>> A new look is Cute, but what people want and need is functionality. I wouldn’t spend 10 cents on updating the LOOK of the website until you add some basic functions that your users desperately want. Examples:

Search options, like being able to search the body of a profile for key words. If you’re a biker you’d like to meet other bikers, so might search profiles for the word “motorcycles”. If you’re into S&M you might like to search profiles for that term.

Email options. I understand you not wanting your customers to get spam. But if we start a group and other people agree to join our group that means they WANT our email! Not being able to mass-mail a group is one of the major reasons you’re losing to other websites in the LA market. It’s not spam if they ask for it and sign up for it.

What about being able to add/name more mail boxes that you can sort your emails into categories and save them?

Being able to organize friends into category’s. We have about 50 people we’ve traded emails with that we would like to meet “some day” but how do we find them again without simply sorting through 100’s of old emails? Organization is important.

Hot date alerts. What good are hot dates if they’re just sitting there on the calendar waiting for someone to randomly click on exactly the day that you posted the date for? Give me the option to have my friends alerted whenever we post a hot date. Or better yet let me alert a certain “category” of friends (see above) when we post a hot date. If they don't want the alerts then let them opt out of it. Hot date profile link. If we only have three day’s in the month that we are free, we will post a hot date on each of those days. Make it so that when someone looks at our profile they will also see the hot dates that we’ve posted, or at least a link to the hot dates we’ve posted. That way they can look at our profile to see if they’d like to meet us AND they can see which day’s we are available all in one snapshot. The purpose of the website is for people to be able to meet other people. The more you can help facilitate that, the more customer loyalty you will gain.

Blocking people: The block function is a completely broken function. For a while SLS had a glitch where if you sent someone an email that would somehow trigger the block function and block them. That shouldn’t be a major problem, you should just be able to unblock them and have the problem be fixed. But on SLS blocking is a two way street. If we block someone (accident or otherwise) then their profile automatically blocks us as well. That means that unless they just happen to notice (which they won’t) then the problem is FOREVER. It can never be fixed. We can’t even send them an email to say “sorry that was an accident”. So unless we have their phone number we can never communicate with them again. Blocking should NOT be a two way street. Give each person control over who they want to block or not block. Or at least make it so a notice can be sent to them saying “profile xyz is requesting that you unblock them”. That way mistakes can be fixed. There are several profiles on here that we will never be able to communicate with even though we know that us getting blocked was pure accident.

If you’re trying to make improvements to SLS I commend the effort, but I would strongly encourage you to look at the functionality of each of the features, rather than the LOOK of the website. It would be really hard to believe that your users complain much about the look. But I’d be willing to bet that you do get some complaints about the functions.

Redondo Beach CA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
So today, 9-6-2013, the IM, again, is no longer working.. Sorry you're having problems, but this is really getting old..

Austin TX
Username hidden
(9 posts)
A full and complete update is badly needed

Leicester MA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
Change is good. However, as a career software developer, testing and testing and testing should be of the utmost importance. Not only testing of the new features but regression testing of old features that are being brought forward. If you are going to leave in old features then they must be tested to the fullest to insure that the new features have not impacted the old features. If you are going to promote and advertise new features...they must be flawless. That requires testing, testing and more testing. Companies should NEVER EVER release Alpha and Beta versions of software to customers. Alpha versions are those that have been aggressively tested in-house. Beta versions should then be release to select customers that understand that they are testing a new version of the software. When they log in (most likely with a new log-in account) they are directed to the new unreleased site and will pound away at it and provide you with valuable insight. Your developers should be using some sort of version control system that will keep new development organized and not infringe on the production version (i.e. what's being used by you customers now). This is basic SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes. SLS's massive customer base and posture in this lifestyle community dictates that they stay current and present the best product possible. There are no excuses for an operation of this size.

Merritt Island FL
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Better search capabilities are desperately needed. We'd love to be able to search by height, weight, race, age of both partners, rather than just by the age of the youngest partner. Search is currently a completely useless tool.

New York NY
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 237   End
TOPIC: New Home Page Design